PDA

View Full Version : asu vs ecu predictions

appirishmen
August 3rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
i know there has been an asu ecu thread....but i want to hear everyone's predictions.

AshevilleApp2
August 3rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
We lose.

mcveyrl
August 3rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
We lose.

I would agree and think maybe a 7-10 point spread.

The X factore (as usual) is AE and how ECU deals with him. If they underestimate him (not likely) he could really go off and you guys could win big.

If they play him right and he plays well, then I think a 7-10 point spread in ECU's favor is where it will fall.

AshevilleApp2
August 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
I would agree and think maybe a 7-10 point spread.

The X factore (as usual) is AE and how ECU deals with him. If they underestimate him (not likely) he could really go off and you guys could win big.

If they play him right and he plays well, then I think a 7-10 point spread in ECU's favor is where it will fall.

Seems reasonable. We have a chance in the game, but after 2007 nobody in FBS will overlook us. I'm looking forward to the game. I just hope I can get a ticket.

DX Man
August 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
ECU has all the advantages. It's tough for ASU to "Sneak up" on any team right now. It's going to be a tough game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 3rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Certainly ASU has a better chance than they did against LSU.

DLS
August 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
i say we win.

at the very least we do better than wvu did against them. comparisons are going to made between us and them.

elon77
August 3rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
ASU wins 38 to 35. After the game Terry Holland announces that ECU will never again play a FCS team from North Carolina, and maybe from anywhere.:D

JMU Newbill
August 3rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
So why did there need to be a new thread for this again?

Anyway... I don't think it will be a blowout, but I think 10 to 14 is reasonable. 17 to 20 would not surprise me.

griz&beer
August 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Kick some ass ASU.

SideLine Shooter
August 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hate to do it but:

ECU - 24
ASU - 10

xbawlingxxbawlingx

BEAR
August 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
ECU by 21.

BobcatJH
August 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
ASU 34

ECU 31

ASU has the horses to pull this off......

Aho_Old_Guy
August 3rd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Appalachian - 70
EZU - 2

Near the end of the 4th quarter with the ASU defense pitching a shutout, the drunk & obnoxious EZU fans at Rowdy-F'ck'n Stadium start throwing liquor bottles (not all empties!) on the field and the Mountaineer team ecapes through one end zone in the chaos. The fifth-string QB (Coco) was unable to touch his knee down before fleeing for his life with the rest of his team mates through the end zone.

The game officials award EZU two points for a safety and call off the remaining 7 minutes of the game in the interest of protecting the public.

Silenoz
August 3rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
ECU by 10

drpnut
August 3rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
I really want to pick Appy in the upset...but... I don't think it is in the cards.

ECU by 7

:(

Reign of Terrier
August 3rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
App keeps it moderately close then ECU scores a couple and puts it away
ECU 37
APP 21

DuckDuckGriz
August 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
ECU 31-24

Redbird Ray
August 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
I could see this being one of the best games in week one. I don't know too much about ASU's returning squad, but ECU had a dominant defense last season. I'll say ECU by single digits, but I'll be pulling for another ASU win over FBS.

;)

paward
August 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
MY mind says ECU but the gut and heart says ASU. I will always pull for the FCS team in everyone of those games. If anyone can do it ASU can!

lizrdgizrd
August 4th, 2009, 07:36 AM
ASU by 4. :D

asu3peat
August 4th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I agree with youngterrier.

ECU - 37
ASU - 21

If App can keep it within two possessions, put some points on the board & come away healthy, I'll be happy. ECU's D is good and will be the best ASU faces all season. They are very familiar with the spread due to several teams in C-USA running it and the WVU results from last year. Coach Holtz will have his team prepared, as a loss would be detrimental to the Pirate program in regards to respect and recruiting in NC.

biggie
August 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Just definitely in my mind has to be closer than LSU and at least a little cooler at the game as well, thankfully.

dudsy
August 4th, 2009, 02:26 PM
32-24 Neers. ECU has been consistently overrated for the past couple of seasons and our boys are gonna be looking to make up for that horrible performance against Richmond last year.

KiddBrewer
August 4th, 2009, 03:34 PM
hmm, im gonna go with..

34 - 32 ASU

with a blocked field goal as time expires:D

McNeeserocket
August 4th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I am hoping Appst. wins by about 10 and then overlooks their next opponent (McNeese) enough for McNeese to at least stay in the game and make it competitive!

g-webb1994
August 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I would expect more defense in this game since defenses catch on quicker than offenses in openers, which unfortunately, gives the big advantage to ECU.

ECU 31
ASU 16

GOODY26
August 5th, 2009, 08:56 AM
ECU...........45 ASU........31

KiddBrewer
August 5th, 2009, 10:02 AM
just got my ticket! win or lose, its gonna be a good time!

smallcollegefbfan
August 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I am going to say ECU by 2 touchdowns. They are going to give ASU everything they got like LSU did and not overlook them like Michigan did. Despite that I think ASU has enough to hang for a while and possibly have this game within one score (FG or TD) heading into the 4th quarter or at least at some point in the 3rd quarter. I think we all need to pull for ASU and any FCS team facing a FBS team because beating FBS teams are huge for the division and will only strengthen recruiting and the overall talent!

DLS
August 5th, 2009, 11:01 AM
asu 38-28

phoenixphanatic21
August 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM
ECU pulls away late 38-28.

DLS
August 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
asu 38-28

app lets off the gas 10min into the third

i bet if we keep throwing scores out there eventually someone is going to be right.

and then everyone will be like "HEY, how did you know? that's amazing, you must be a football genius"

phoenixphanatic21
August 5th, 2009, 01:05 PM
asu 38-28

app lets off the gas 10min into the third

i bet if we keep throwing scores out there eventually someone is going to be right.

and then everyone will be like "HEY, how did you know? that's amazing, you must be a football genius"

Crap, someone caught on to my genius plan.

NHwildEcat
August 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
ECU in a blowout!

james_lawfirm
August 5th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I know it is just a turn of a phrase, but Michigan did NOT overlook App. They just could not catch us. In the pregame show, taped a few days before the game, Coach Carr stated that ASU was the fastest team he had ever seen.

But, I know what you meant. ECU will be on their toes.

ASU_Fanatic
August 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
As much as I want to say we are going to win I cant I say ECU wins 31-27.

KiddBrewer
August 6th, 2009, 02:27 AM
As much as I want to say we are going to win I cant I say ECU wins 31-27.

ha i just like your taylor swift signature you cradle robber you

kidding xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
August 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM
The score will be: X to Y
where 2<=X<=100 and 2<=Y<=99

I bet I'm right. ;)

ericsaid
August 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
ECU by 18, 35-17

SideLine Shooter
August 7th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hot and Humid with a crowd of drunks!xlolx

MasonJar
August 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM
first quarter, teams exchange touchdowns.
Second quarter Mountaineers score two touchdowns, Irates score a td
Third quarter, Mountaineers score a fieldgoal, Irates score a td

Mountaineers win the first 3 quarters 24 to 21.

4 quarter, the irates get another touchdown, score 24 to 28, Irates.
app is driving... do we get homer D-I ConfUSA calls and get stymied? does the difference in scholarship athletes show up and we fade? or do we find to defy the odds and pull out the upset? Who knows, that is why we play the game!

(sorry, witnessed too many ASU v WFU games)... xrolleyesx

Final: either ecu 28 to 21, or asu 31-28. Just have to see how the cookie crumbles.

tke504oa
August 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
So... ECU is not a very good team but they start strong... they lost to NC state, Virginia, Houston and Southern Miss last year. Yes they did beat VT and WV but that was the real highlight of their year. They seemed to become mediocre after that.

I could see a 31-28 but I am thinking more along the lines of a 31-14 App

HiHiYikas
August 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Worst case scenario, we leave Greenville with a .633 win percentage against the Pirates. Best case scenario, it's .667.

Seriously, I have a feeling it'll be about a 10-point game either way. Not sure who will be on top. Chances are good it'll be ECU.

ericsaid
August 25th, 2009, 11:02 PM
31-10 ECU. With our defensive line the quarterbacks simply not gonna have enough time for the recievers to get open. Apps defense will do good but i'm really not sure how long the offense will be able to hold the ball. And after being out here for three days, the heat and humidity will wear down the defense allowing our decent offense to score enough points to win comfortably.

But then again I could be wrong, being an App fan I hope it's close.

ericsaid
August 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
So... ECU is not a very good team but they start strong... they lost to NC state, Virginia, Houston and Southern Miss last year. Yes they did beat VT and WV but that was the real highlight of their year. They seemed to become mediocre after that.

I could see a 31-28 but I am thinking more along the lines of a 31-14 App

We were also beating Kentucky going into the half. Sure they are a weak SEC team but App was just dominated last year by a weak LSU team. App losing to Richmond 33-13 who lost to Virginia as well doesn't mean anything to you i'm guessing.

Patrick Pinkney has enough experience in the offense to make him possibly one of the best quarterbacks in the country, not because of his skills but more because his decision making should be through the roof after being here for 6 years now with 5 of them being under Holtz.

Skjellyfetti
August 26th, 2009, 12:49 AM
You use first person pronouns in reference to ECU a little too much for an App fan.

ASU
August 26th, 2009, 04:30 AM
ASU by a score of 42-27 if Armanti Edwards plays without injury affecting him.
ASU by a score of 28-27 if DeAndre Pressley plays at QB.
ASU by a score of 34-27 if Cadet plays at QB for ASU.

ASU will then hold a 20 to 10 all-time win to loss advantage over ECU.

The Moody1
August 26th, 2009, 07:35 AM
You use first person pronouns in reference to ECU a little too much for an App fan.

The guy is definitely an ECU fan. I am sure ECU would have walked all over that "weak" LSU team we played in Baton Rouge last September.

james_lawfirm
August 26th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Appalachian - 70
EZU - 2

Near the end of the 4th quarter with the ASU defense pitching a shutout, the drunk & obnoxious EZU fans at Rowdy-F'ck'n Stadium start throwing liquor bottles (not all empties!) on the field and the Mountaineer team ecapes through one end zone in the chaos. The fifth-string QB (Coco) was unable to touch his knee down before fleeing for his life with the rest of his team mates through the end zone.

The game officials award EZU two points for a safety and call off the remaining 7 minutes of the game in the interest of protecting the public.

Ah, the Voice of Reason strikes again!

james_lawfirm
August 26th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I am hoping Appst. wins by about 10 and then overlooks their next opponent (McNeese) enough for McNeese to at least stay in the game and make it competitive!

Regardless of the outcome in Greenville, no way in Hades that App overlooks McNeese. If we lose to ECU, then there will be something to prove in Boone (especially in our new stadium).

ericsaid
August 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM
The guy is definitely an ECU fan. I am sure ECU would have walked all over that "weak" LSU team we played in Baton Rouge last September.

I'm an ECU student, who lived thirty miles from App for 18 years.xnonono2x

35-17 ECUxpeacex

Will be in Boone for the Mcneese game and i'd like to see a thread about that game. Seems everyones kind of overlooked this as it could be one of the biggest FCS match ups of week 2.

McNeese75
August 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM

35-17 ECUxpeacex

Will be in Boone for the Mcneese game and i'd like to see a thread about that game. Seems everyones kind of overlooked this as it could be one of the biggest FCS match ups of week 2.

xeekx How did you end up at ECU????? I figured it was a given you were ASU bound based on your posting and knowlege of the Neers progarm.

The Moody1
August 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM

35-17 ECUxpeacex

From the tone of your posts it is easy to tell who you are pulling for. I would probably pull for the school I was going to over one that I just lived close to as well. Just don't pull the ECU is my favorite FBS team and ASU is my favorite FCS team stuff.;)

appmaj
August 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
ECU by 18, 35-17

31-10 ECU. With our defensive line the quarterbacks simply not gonna have enough time for the recievers to get open. Apps defense will do good but i'm really not sure how long the offense will be able to hold the ball. And after being out here for three days, the heat and humidity will wear down the defense allowing our decent offense to score enough points to win comfortably.

But then again I could be wrong, being an App fan I hope it's close.

35-17 ECUxpeacex

All your ECU love has forced me to call you out...
Which one is it going to be?

Skjellyfetti
August 26th, 2009, 10:16 AM
You can add this one as well:

Either way I am split of who I want to win per affiliations.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1337145&postcount=186

xsmhx

AppStsGr8
August 26th, 2009, 04:23 PM
From the tone of your posts it is easy to tell who you are pulling for. I would probably pull for the school I was going to over one that I just lived close to as well. Just don't pull the ECU is my favorite FBS team and ASU is my favorite FCS team stuff.;)

Makes me think of a very old joke that needs a little updating.
Do you know what's the same about students at App and ECU?
They all applied to App. xsmiley_wix

Personally, I don't believe App will win at ECU. I do believe App CAN win at ECU - or anywhere else for that matter. That's why they play the games. See you in the flatlands.

WCU LawCat
August 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM
ECU 38-16

ericsaid
August 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM
All your ECU love has forced me to call you out...
Which one is it going to be?

For this game, it has got to be ECU. So much money of mine is going to the university it would be a waste for me not to want` the best for the institution known as ECU. My dad does have seaso tickets to App so after this game its back to the old ericsaid haha.

Sorry I have to pull for the other team in the case and it pains me more than all of you know to do this. If everyone who is attending this game chooses a meeting place I may make an appearence in all my ECU attirexeekx.

ericsaid
August 26th, 2009, 05:15 PM
You can add this one as well:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1337145&postcount=186

xsmhx

You wouldn't understand. I want App to have a chance but after seeing the offensive line at Fan Fest I have to be realistic. They are by no means consistant which will not bode well for the offense as a whole especially the quarterback.

I hope i'm wrong and App makes a good showing but I see it coming out in the 2 to 3 TD range, maybe even 4 if AE isn't playing.

But Travaris Cadet could give App the chance to keep it within 2 because of his elusiveness regardless of what dlineman is coming after him.xeyebrowx

AppStFan76
August 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM

35-17 ECUxpeacex

This cant be the same kid who said App would stomp LSU last year...now we cant match up to EZU???

CrackerRiley
August 26th, 2009, 09:49 PM

Well of course we are overlooking it now. It will be the main focus once Week 1 is over.... xnodx

McNeese75
August 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I'm looking forward to week 2 when ericsaid comes out with a cowboy victory prediction xlolx

ericsaid
August 26th, 2009, 11:35 PM
This cant be the same kid who said App would stomp LSU last year...now we cant match up to EZU???

That, as the LSU fans were saying, knocked me back down to reality. I notcied the talent gap in the game and now I look at things a little bit more consertalively. I really don't think ASU will be able to run against the d-line of ECU after what I saw against LSU. Sure this is a different set of Olineman but the Fan Fest showed a weakness there everyone noticed at times.

ericsaid
August 26th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm looking forward to week 2 when ericsaid comes out with a cowboy victory prediction xlolx

Your hopes are already dashed my friend. App wins 45-24.

Knock on wood.

McNeese75
August 27th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Your hopes are already dashed my friend. App wins 45-24.

Knock on wood.

xlolx

GaSouthern
August 27th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Apps> ECU
Cowpoke>Apps

Ahhhh it would be nice :)

McNeese75
August 27th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Apps> ECU
Cowpoke>Apps

Well, after the defense I saw on the field last night during the final scrimmage I am afraid Ericsaid's prediction could have some merit. xbawlingx

ASUG8
August 27th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Apps> ECU
Cowpoke>Apps

GSU>UNC
ASU>GSU

I hope that's how it falls out this season. xthumbsupx

ericsaid
August 27th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Well, after the defense I saw on the field last night during the final scrimmage I am afraid Ericsaid's prediction could have some merit. xbawlingx

Should be a good match-up. We'll see.xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
August 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
You wouldn't understand. I want App to have a chance but after seeing the offensive line at Fan Fest I have to be realistic. They are by no means consistant which will not bode well for the offense as a whole especially the quarterback.

I hope i'm wrong and App makes a good showing but I see it coming out in the 2 to 3 TD range, maybe even 4 if AE isn't playing.

But Travaris Cadet could give App the chance to keep it within 2 because of his elusiveness regardless of what dlineman is coming after him.xeyebrowx

I hear ya, but I haven't heard you mention ECU's offense. They still have to score. Having grandpa Pinkney back will help. Not sure of who all they lost. I expect ECU to show up strong and win. ASU can win, but that doesn't mean they will. I just hope it's close. Go APPS!

kirkblitz
August 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
asu 45

ecu 3

WestCoastAggie
August 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
ASU with the upset.

ASU - 26
ECU - 20

ASUMountaineer
August 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
ASU with the upset.

ASU - 26
ECU - 20

Thanks, from a Greensboro native. xthumbsupx

ericsaid
August 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I hear ya, but I haven't heard you mention ECU's offense. They still have to score. Having grandpa Pinkney back will help. Not sure of who all they lost. I expect ECU to show up strong and win. ASU can win, but that doesn't mean they will. I just hope it's close. Go APPS!

ECU returns their entire oline, two leading recievers, top rushers, and just everything they need to have a successful season. ECU will be able to score by wearing down the defense. Apps defense and ECU's offense should be a good match up but the oline of App won't allow them to win.

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
ECU returns their entire oline, two leading recievers, top rushers, and just everything they need to have a successful season. ECU will be able to score by wearing down the defense. Apps defense and ECU's offense should be a good match up but the oline of App won't allow them to win.

So, the starting RB will be ready? That's cool. Must admit, I was hoping Pinkney wouldn't get a 6th year. Oh well, if it's good for OU it has to be good for ECU.

KiddBrewer
August 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM

Would you just change your avatar to Pinkney already!?!?!?

just kidding xsmiley_wixxlolx

but seriously...... haha

SoCon48
August 28th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Would you just change your avatar to Pinkney already!?!?!?

just kidding xsmiley_wixxlolx

but seriously...... haha

I was just thinking the same thing.