PDA

View Full Version : Justin Roper was only promised a chance to compete.

Ronbo
July 31st, 2009, 09:07 AM
http://missoulian.com/content/articles/2009/07/31/sports/sports01.jpg

http://missoulian.com/articles/2009/07/31/sports/sports01.txt

“Obviously when you have a high-caliber program like this, they've seen it before and so they know how to handle it,” Roper said. “Andrew's helping me learn the offense and the routes, and throwing me in there in 7-on, and telling me what to do.”

And he knows he has work to do if he's going to play Saturdays at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

“The only guarantee I was given was a chance to compete,” said Roper. “Coach Hauck told me everybody here competes for their position. That's how it should be.”

89Hen
July 31st, 2009, 09:42 AM
xrolleyesx xcoffeex

Ronbo
July 31st, 2009, 10:05 AM
Even if the Coaches have every intention of starting Roper they won't publicly say it. And Ochs, Swogger and now Roper have all said they weren't promised the starting QB job.

Canyoncat
July 31st, 2009, 10:13 AM
What everxrolleyesx

Hauck: Mr. Roper you come to Montana and you'll get a chance to compete for the starting job (wink wink).

As much as I like Selle and don't think you would miss a beat with him, there is no way he will start a head of Roper. Only way Selle sees the field this year as a stater is if Roper really screws up.

catatac
July 31st, 2009, 10:49 AM
Even if the Coaches have every intention of starting Roper they won't publicly say it. And Ochs, Swogger and now Roper have all said they weren't promised the starting QB job.

WOW. Wake up and smell the coffee dude. Of course he's not going to say that publicly. xconfusedx No coach with half a brain would.

89Hen
July 31st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Of coure not, and as a Hens fan, I know what this is all about, but it's silly to even have an article like this IMO. xpeacex

OrygunBison
July 31st, 2009, 12:09 PM
Sun rises in east, sets in west.

Discuss.

DuckDuckGriz
July 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Obviously I think he'll start. However there is some truth to the fact that he will need to learn and get acquainted with the offense first. Ochs did not start until midway through the 2003 season.

CrackerRiley
July 31st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Sun rises in east, sets in west.

Discuss.

No, I think there is some argument there... xsmiley_wix

DUE east and DUE west when you are not on the equater. xreadxxrolleyesx

FCS Go!
July 31st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Obviously I think he'll start. However there is some truth to the fact that he will need to learn and get acquainted with the offense first. Ochs did not start until midway through the 2003 season.

IIRC Ochs was hurt early in the season, maybe the first game. Otherwise I think he would have started.

ncbears
July 31st, 2009, 05:19 PM
That's the way it should be.

Green26
July 31st, 2009, 08:06 PM
I doubt that Roper will start at the beginning of the season. He had only a few weeks of summer 7 on 7 practice (starting after July 4th weekend) this summer, and summer 7 and 7 finished a week ago. I don't think he can learn the offense and get comfortable with the receivers in time. Selle is currently ready. Ochs, Swogger and Washington all came before spring ball, I believe. We'll see how fall camp goes.

Proud Griz Man
July 31st, 2009, 10:59 PM
I doubt that Roper will start at the beginning of the season. He had only a few weeks of summer 7 on 7 practice (starting after July 4th weekend) this summer, and summer 7 and 7 finished a week ago. I don't think he can learn the offense and get comfortable with the receivers in time. Selle is currently ready. Ochs, Swogger and Washington all came before spring ball, I believe. We'll see how fall camp goes.

Very probable. Roper may need september/ half-of-october to get 'comfortable' and Selle just might excel in the situation.

CatFan22
August 1st, 2009, 03:48 AM
I think someone should post a pic of Wa/griz stadium. I don't think anyone or their mother has ever seen it before.

Tailbone
August 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
I think someone should post a pic of Wa/griz stadium. I don't think anyone or their mother has ever seen it before.

http://www.sinkcombs.com/projects/stadium/MSU/MSU2.jpg

Home side

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/327155246_bdd048c061.jpg?v=0

Visitor's side

........Oh, my bad. That was Reno H sales stadium - home of the fightin' Bobcats.

....You wanted one of these!

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/7203974.jpg

GOKATS
August 1st, 2009, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Tailbone;1377216]http://www.sinkcombs.com/projects/stadium/MSU/MSU2.jpg

Home side

........Oh, my bad. That was Reno H sales stadium - home of the fightin' Bobcats.

A really feeble attempt at smack. If you knew better you'd know that you showed the visitors side of Bobcat Stadium...............xoopsx

Tailbone
August 1st, 2009, 12:52 PM

A really feeble attempt at smack. If you knew better you'd know that you showed the visitors side of Bobcat Stadium...............xoopsx

OOOPS! You're right, I got the home and visitor side pictures mixed up. xlolx

uofmman1122
August 1st, 2009, 08:34 PM
OOOPS! You're right, I got the home and visitor side pictures mixed up. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

GOKATS
August 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

There is a smack forum kids, try it out.................xrulesxxnodx

Kabooom
August 2nd, 2009, 10:49 AM

You're right ....Cat fan.....there is a smack board for this, and maybe try a little less sensitol powder on your eggs and suasage weenies in the morning . Also try decafinated coffee!xsmiley_wix

BTW...what does your reply have in it to do anything to do with Justin Roper?xeyebrowx

Just another case of a Beat -down Bobcat with Griz envy...xlolx

BTW....how's the "QUIET PHASE" doing?? xthumbsupx

Tailbone
August 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
There is a smack forum kids, try it out.................xrulesxxnodx

Hey! Don't blame me!

I was just answering Catfan22's request for pictures. xwhistlex

Jeeze....touchy, touchy!

Bill Hanson
August 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
What is the deal with the Griz and Bobcat fans? You put them into a room and there is no chance for any type of conversation.

GOKATS
August 2nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
What is the deal with the Griz and Bobcat fans? You put them into a room and there is no chance for any type of conversation.

It isn't that hard to figure out, we really don't like each other.xnodx Other schools talk about rivalries, we are rivals 24/7/365.

VictorG
August 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
It isn't that hard to figure out, we really don't like each other.xnodx Other schools talk about rivalries, we are rivals 24/7/365.

Make that 24/7/365.25! Cat fans are never accurate!xlolxxnodx:D

VictorG
August 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
IIRC Ochs was hurt early in the season, maybe the first game. Otherwise I think he would have started.

Ochs was hurt early in fall camp! Almost quit in frustration if I recall correctly.

GrizFamily
August 2nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
Make that 24/7/365.25! Cat fans are never accurate!xlolxxnodx:D

20-3 isn't a rivalry unless you're the 3. Perhaps you should go talk to NoCo about a rivalry. What's your record against them the last two years?

CatFan22
August 3rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
20-3 isn't a rivalry unless you're the 3. Perhaps you should go talk to NoCo about a rivalry. What's your record against them the last two years?

What is it with you people and your limited memory? Before "the streak" the overall rivalry record was a lot more even. Going by griz fans' logic, racism doesn't exist and slavery never happened. You guys are sure batting a thousand when it comes to being douchebags.

laxVik
August 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
That's Oregon State Beaver logic - we went to the Rose Bowl once (yeah, before most here were born).

CrazyCat
August 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM

Ask your coach and your team if they consider it a rivalry. Better yet, go ahead and ask the residents of the state of Montana and all the alumni of both schools who have moved out of state if it's a rivalry. The only people who don't are fans that can only see the lopsided record and can't see the actual impact the game has for the state.

Silenoz
August 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
He was just trying to get under your skin... and succeeded, at that

catbob
August 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
I was wondering how such a stupid thread that no one outside of Missoula would care about (seriously this is thread worthy?) had 3 pages of discussion, but I see now that it has just been a smackfest! :)

Silenoz
August 3rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
“I guess I’ve gone from being a Grizzly to a ’Cat,” “And I think it’s a good change.” 2010 recruit Taylor Dees

After reading articles about the kid, it sounds like UM never even tried to recruit him.

GOKATS
August 3rd, 2009, 03:07 PM
I was wondering how such a stupid thread that no one outside of Missoula would care about (seriously this is thread worthy?) had 3 pages of discussion, but I see now that it has just been a smackfest! :)

Considering the fact that ronblow started the thread did you really expect anything different?xsmiley_wix

THE HERD
August 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM

Just like NDSU and UND fans.........good old fashioned HATE! Gotta love it. lolxlolx

DuckDuckGriz
August 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
That's Oregon State Beaver logic - we went to the Rose Bowl once (yeah, before most here were born).

I like this guy!!!!! xthumbsupx

catbob
August 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
“I guess I’ve gone from being a Grizzly to a ’Cat,” “And I think it’s a good change.” 2010 recruit Taylor Dees

After reading articles about the kid, it sounds like UM never even tried to recruit him.

I am a little surprised by this, sounds like the kid wanted to be a Griz but they showed him no interest. He is rated a 2 star by Rivals, and Huntley Project was pretty dominant last year.

Not that I'm complaining the kid obviously made the right choice. xlolx

ncbears
August 3rd, 2009, 05:39 PM

it was started because the guy who started it is a jock-sniffer.

Ronbo
August 3rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
it was started because the guy who started it is a jock-sniffer.

Funny that a guy who follows a loser team that plays in a HS stadium constantly smacks the guys that dominate them 50 something to zero every year. You guys should have gone Div III not Div. I. You are way out of your league losers.xlolxxnodx You've been mad at me since I said "Welcome to the new bottom dwellers!" when you joined the Big Sky.

catbob
August 3rd, 2009, 06:00 PM
I'd like to say you get used to this kind of Griz behavior ncbears, but you really don't.

Just like that episode of South Park, but instead of hybrids it is Griz fans (who ironically love hybrids).

http://images.southparkstudios.com/crap/downloads/preview_image_thumbnail.php?id=6664

DuckDuckGriz
August 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'd like to say you get used to this kind of Griz behavior ncbears, but you really don't.

Just like that episode of South Park, but instead of hybrids it is Griz fans (who ironically love hybrids).

http://images.southparkstudios.com/crap/downloads/preview_image_thumbnail.php?id=6664

Don't drag South Park into this you Blowsmen loving sonofabitch

catatac
August 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
Funny that a guy who follows a loser team that plays in a HS stadium constantly smacks the guys that dominate them 50 something to zero every year. You guys should have gone Div III not Div. I. You are way out of your league losers.xlolxxnodx You've been mad at me since I said "Welcome to the new bottom dwellers!" when you joined the Big Sky.

Uh, Ronblow... I think he was smacking YOU, not the actual team that dominates them. I'm guessing you're just a fan and not a player... so keep in mind that you don't really have much to do with the outcomes of the games. xlolx

catbob
August 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Maybe UM should just adopt Butters as their new mascot:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~vamshi/pics/butters2.jpg

Just needs a headband! xrotatehx

ncbears
August 3rd, 2009, 10:43 PM

At least I'm not a jock sniffer.

CatFan22
August 4th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I see the AGSKGB was out in full force this morning.

DuckDuckGriz
August 4th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I see the AGSKGB was out in full force this morning.

??

Do tell comrade

CatFan22
August 4th, 2009, 12:56 PM
??

Do tell comrade

My post just got deleted. Nothing too new I suppose. xrolleyesx