PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Media Day Tuesday

ngineer
July 30th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Starting at 10 a.m. at the Green Pond Country Club between Bethlehem and Easton. All coaches and at least two players from each school attend. Although only Q&A from the media, fans can submit questions in advance through the PL website.

jimbo65
July 31st, 2009, 07:51 AM
Starting at 10 a.m. at the Green Pond Country Club between Bethlehem and Easton. All coaches and at least two players from each school attend. Although only Q&A from the media, fans can submit questions in advance through the PL website.

I realize that three of the charter members of the PL are located nearby, but geeze, this is not the media capitol of the east coast or even PA. How about Phila or NYC to improve coverage?

DFW HOYA
July 31st, 2009, 10:10 AM
I realize that three of the charter members of the PL are located nearby, but geeze, this is not the media capitol of the east coast or even PA. How about Phila or NYC to improve coverage?

I'm not counting on it. The PL is all about the status quo and doing what's easiest for the staff office. It's a car ride for the Morning Call and the Express-Times; conversely, there'll be no Washington or NYC press attending and maybe not even from Worcester with the cutbacks there.

ngineer
July 31st, 2009, 10:54 AM

If it were held in NYC or PHL the media would still not cover it. The PL offices are located in Center Valley, PA--about 12 miles from where media is being held. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than renting some facility in any big city anyway, and since none of the major media outlets cover the event even if put in their face why spend the money, time and effort?

DFW HOYA
July 31st, 2009, 11:08 AM
If it were held in NYC or PHL the media would still not cover it. The PL offices are located in Center Valley, PA--about 12 miles from where media is being held. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than renting some facility in any big city anyway, and since none of the major media outlets cover the event even if put in their face why spend the money, time and effort?

If that's the case, then why not just host Groller and Reinhard at the PL offices?

carney2
July 31st, 2009, 11:22 AM
If that's the case, then why not just host Groller and Reinhard at the PL offices?

Don't think that it has not been given serious consideration.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 31st, 2009, 12:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the Worcester Gazette didn't send anyone last year, either.

LBPop
July 31st, 2009, 12:34 PM
If PL Media day was held in the lobby of the Washington Post Building, they still wouldn't cover it. But they would probably come downstairs for the food (there is food, isn't there?). xrolleyesx

jimbo65
July 31st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Or how about in a rest area on the Penn Pike. Slurpies and thick pretzels for all.

ngineer
July 31st, 2009, 10:35 PM
Or how about in a rest area on the Penn Pike. Slurpies and thick pretzels for all.

Now THERE'S a hook!!!!xthumbsupx;) (I love both)xnodx

RichH2
August 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
Ok, I'm in , 2 slurpies and 4 pretzels, to go please.xbowx

Go...gate
August 1st, 2009, 11:34 AM
If anybody actually atttends, I wonder if any more clarification will be give to the scholarship issue.

DFW HOYA
August 1st, 2009, 01:09 PM
If anybody actually atttends, I wonder if any more clarification will be give to the scholarship issue.

Could this be as simple as having one of the three or so reporters that will be attending walk up to every coach and ask this question: "Do you support athletic scholarships in the league by the fall of 2012?"

Then, walk over to each SID and ask "Will your school support athletic scholarships in the league by the fall of 2012?"

Responses among coaches:
Yes 7
No 0

Responses among SID's
Yes 1
No 0
No comment 6

LUHawker
August 1st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Could this be as simple as having one of the three or so reporters that will be attending walk up to every coach and ask this question: "Do you support athletic scholarships in the league by the fall of 2012?"

Then, walk over to each SID and ask "Will your school support athletic scholarships in the league by the fall of 2012?"

Responses among coaches:
Yes 7
No 0

Responses among SID's
Yes 1
No 0
No comment 6

Given that Lehigh issued a public statement basically supporting Fordham's scholarship move, including commentary from Lehigh's AD Sterrett, I think you need to increase your SID Yes's to at least 2. I also think Colgate would provide a Yea vote.

ngineer
August 1st, 2009, 07:56 PM
Given that Lehigh issued a public statement basically supporting Fordham's scholarship move, including commentary from Lehigh's AD Sterrett, I think you need to increase your SID Yes's to at least 2. I also think Colgate would provide a Yea vote.

I agree. From prior indications, I think those three would vote yes. I was thinking of going over to GPCC on Tuesday. I think they alllow the public in, but no questions except from the press.