PDA

View Full Version : SWAC Championship Game Weekend in Birmingham!

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Looks like its going to be a big weekend in Birmingham for the SWAC title game between Alabama A&M and Grambling. The Tigers will be the favorites but because the game is in Birmingham, Alabama A&M will have a home game type crowd! The turn-out should be great because both of these teams have HUGE alumni bases in Birmingham. For some reason I beleive that AAMU will upset Grambling this weekend.

FU97
December 7th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Gald my team's playing for a championship that actually matters.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2005, 01:43 PM
How big is the SWAC championship game compared to the big "turkey day classics" like Grambling St./Southern? Is there a thought in SWAC folks minds to dump the championship game and participate in the I-AA playoffs instead?

AAMU doesn't have a turkey day classic, but they have some other classics, right?

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Gald my team's playing for a championship that actually matters.

Question is ..............................will anybody care?

Man ......................you coulda kept that shat.
We know you hate HBCU's. xlolx

OL FU
December 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Is A&M 8-3 or 9-2 can't remember? Any chance Grambling loses this one?
I don't think I am going out on a limb with GSU wins and it may not be close.

bandl
December 7th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Looks like its going to be a big weekend in Birmingham for the SWAC title game between Alabama A&M and Grambling. The Tigers will be the favorites but because the game is in Birmingham, Alabama A&M will have a home game type crowd! The turn-out should be great because both of these teams have HUGE alumni bases in Birmingham. For some reason I beleive that AAMU will upset Grambling this weekend.
How big's the turnout going to be?? Anything like the BC? Wasn't the BC about 70K strong?

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 01:51 PM
AAMU has the Magic City Classic against Bama State but thats the last Saturday in October. AAMU also has the John Merritt Classic against Tennessee State but thats the first game of the year. There are currently negotiations for AAMU to play Miles or Tuskegee in Birmingham in the Labor Day Classic but thats at least 2 years away from happening. The SWAC schools are pretty much happy with the SWAC title game, its once again like a BIG family reuninion or class reunion in Birmingham. Because of how the whole weekend is centered around it, I think that they're happy with it. The SWAC title game is not as big as the Magic City Classic or Bayou Classic games which draw well over 65,000, but it still draws between 30,000-40,000. Because the game is so close to finals and all, I'm pretty sure that it hurts attendence. If Saturday's game draws 35,000 you can bet that about 25,000 of those will be AAMU fans.

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 01:52 PM
How big is the SWAC championship game compared to the big "turkey day classics" like Grambling St./Southern? Is there a thought in SWAC folks minds to dump the championship game and participate in the I-AA playoffs instead?

AAMU doesn't have a turkey day classic, but they have some other classics, right?

It's big.........................but it has not grown as big as the BC or other "Turkey Day Classics" yet.

The DUMB..............I repeat ...................DUMB 9 game mandate kinda put a damper on thing's now. I hope they reverse that back to a mandate of 7 or even 8 games. That will give each team at least 3 games to schedule other teams they might want to play and give the SCG a chance to have teams that didn't meet in the regular season.

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Yes SWAC teams need at least 3 out of conference games! The 9 game mandate is so stupid. :argue:

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Yes SWAC teams need at least 3 out of conference games! The 9 game mandate is so stupid. :argue:

Yep .........................Right now, we only have 1 DANG DATE TO PLAY WITH. :bang:
One slot is already taken by Tennessee St in Memphis every year at the SHC ..........................and that ain't gonna change no time soon..............if ever with all the money the city of Memphis put's into that every year. Plus, the fans really look foward to meeting "half way" on Beale Street. :beerchug:

Right now, the other slot seems to be taken by Hampton on our schedule.

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Is A&M 8-3 or 9-2 can't remember? Any chance Grambling loses this one?
I don't think I am going out on a limb with GSU wins and it may not be close.

Trust me, this game will be close! There has never been a blow out in the SWAC title game. With all of the emotion and with AAMU playing in Birmingham they will have the crowd on their side. Bottom line, this going to be a close game!

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Trust me, this game will be close! There has never been a blow out in the SWAC title game. With all of the emotion and with AAMU playing in Birmingham they will have the crowd on their side. Bottom line, this going to be a close game!

Shat ....................I hope so.
The first matchup this season was a 1 sided/butt ugly :asswhip: put on by The G-Men.

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 02:38 PM
ESPN Classic at 1 Central time! I'll be there but my VCR will be set to record the App State/Furman game!

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 02:59 PM
It's big.........................but it has not grown as big as the BC or other "Turkey Day Classics" yet.

The DUMB..............I repeat ...................DUMB 9 game mandate kinda put a damper on thing's now. I hope they reverse that back to a mandate of 7 or even 8 games. That will give each team at least 3 games to schedule other teams they might want to play and give the SCG a chance to have teams that didn't meet in the regular season.

If Jackson State can get its program back to where it was in the 90s, then a Southern/Jackson State SWAC Championship game would draw about 60,000 people! I remember being a senior in high school when JSU/SU played in the very first SWAC title game and that game was packed, even the upper deck at legion field was full. SU/JSU is already a heated rilvary but if you add a championship it would be unreal just like 99. Man, I hope that they get things turned around at JSU! :hyped:

Cocky
December 7th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Why do the Classic bring in good crowds but the on campus or regular game draw poorly?

I would rather see JSU on campus not in another town.

FU97
December 7th, 2005, 03:06 PM
The sad part about this is even though some clown FU97 and the OLD clown NECK-CAT created this situation by posting meaningless bullshat...................watch it be MY fault. :bang: xlolx

Forgive me if I see no value in your Championship game. I'm entitled to that opinion. I'd much rather play for a national championship.

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 03:09 PM
SUJAG,.............. (THROWBACK SU COLORS) :D

Come to the SU/JSU regular season game in Jackson next year. :nod:
There will be at least 50,000 people there. The last game in Jackson played to a packed house.....................and this is a NON-CLASSIC game.

We tailgated from Thursday night, (because you SUck's MF's, xlolx , started filling the RV parking lot Thursday morning), until Sunday Morning. xlolx

It was a madhouse......................you know you can't take over JACKTOWN. :asswhip:

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Forgive me if I see no value in your Championship game. I'm entitled to that opinion. I'd much rather play for a national championship.

And I see no value in you commenting on a thread you don't care about.

DO YOU SEE ME POSTING ON YOUR DAMM PLAYOFF THREADS? xlolx

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Why do the Classic bring in good crowds but the on campus or regular game draw poorly?

We do draw well, VERY WELL, on regular season, non-classic games ..................BUT THAT WAS BEFORE BELL.

Even with a no-coaching, program killing MF like Bell, we STILL had a home average of just under 12,000 this year at home for non-classics ............(down from just under 30,000 Pre-Bell, 2002) ................DIEHARDS that went to the games to just cuss BELL out if nothing else.
There would be thousands in the parking lot tailgating with radio's because they, WE, refused to go until BELL was gone.

Homecomming drew 25,000 this year. THE CLARIONLEDGER EDITOR called it an embarrasment. It was. :nonono2:

BTW: We don't have an "on campus" stadium. We have been playing our games at 60,000 seat Memorial about 2 miles from campus for the last 30 years. We are the only team that play there so you can call it "OURS".

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 03:27 PM
SUJAG,.............. (THROWBACK SU COLORS) :D

Come to the SU/JSU regular season game in Jackson next year. :nod:
There will be at least 50,000 people there. The last game in Jackson played to a packed house.....................and this is a NON-CLASSIC game.

We tailgated from Thursday night, (because you SUck's MF's, xlolx , started filling the RV parking lot Thursday morning), until Sunday Morning. xlolx

It was a madhouse......................you know you can't take over JACKTOWN. :asswhip:

I was there! Hell I played in that game! I'll be there next year. You know the Jaguar Nation always takes over at the opponents home site. Thats why it feels like every game is a home game at Southern. :beerchug: You're right, the RVs usually pull in starting Thurday night.

Catmendue2
December 7th, 2005, 03:28 PM

Well, go play in your playoffs. Maybe win while you there, that would be an opinion that make sense.

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 03:31 PM

It depends on the school. Alabama A&M, Bama State, Southern, and JSU usually draw well anywhere. But school like Prairie View and the others don't have really good crowds. I wouldn't say that the schools drew poorly, you have to remeber that the SWAC always leads division 1-AA in attendence.It all depends on the opponent aswell. A Southern/JSU game is always going to give you 50,000 at the worse. The only reason that it was only about 24,000 this year was because the Super Dome wasn't availble and thats where SU plays JSU when its our home game because the on-campus stadium isnt big enough to hold the crowd. Games like Bama State/Grambling, Prairie View/Southern/ and a few other games will get you over 20,000 at an on-campus game. To say that on-campus games draw poorly is simply not true! True enough its not the 60,000 thats at a classic game but its still abut 20,000 for on-campus games! :coach:

UD1993
December 7th, 2005, 03:33 PM
grambling by 17. just wish the swac (and ivies) played with everone else this time of year. :bang:

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 03:39 PM
grambling by 17. just wish the swac (and ivies) played with everone else this time of year. :bang:

Hey ..................you gotta play the cards that the "Powers that be" deals you........even though sometimes the dealers get a little xidiotx with there mandates. :D

Right now, the main concern in the SWAC is that 9 game mandate.
I hate that with a passion. :mad:

Cap'n Cat
December 7th, 2005, 03:41 PM
It depends on the school. Alabama A&M, Bama State, Southern, and JSU usually draw well anywhere. But school like Prairie View and the others don't have really good crowds. I wouldn't say that the schools drew poorly, you have to remeber that the SWAC always leads division 1-AA in attendence.

We need a contingent of AGS folks to identify and travel to a SWAC game next year and check this out.

AGS guys at hotel right before Bayou Classic game:

http://www.hollywoodcollectorshow.com/FBank.jpg
"It'll be just swell, Lumpy! We'll get to meet black people, the people who play that crazy, flipped-out, like, wow, jitterbuggin' jazz music your mom and dad won't let you listen to!"

:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 03:44 PM
We need a contingent of AGS folks to identify and travel to a SWAC game next year and check this out.

"It'll be just swell, Lumpy! We'll get to meet black people, the people who play that crazy, flipped-out, like, wow, jitterbuggin' jazz music your mom and dad won't let you listen to!"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2005, 03:53 PM

That sound you heard back East was Pepsi getting snorted out of my nose after seeing this post!!! ROFL!!!!

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM
:nod:
That sound you heard back East was Pepsi getting snorted out of my nose after seeing this post!!! ROFL!!!!

This has to be the "Post of The Year"! :nod:

GAD
December 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
83 I think you're wrong, 70K is likely if both teams are playing well remember the '99 game they had to start turning people away 1/2 hour before kickoff

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I remember that 99 game! It was so packed, but there was probably more folks outside the stadium tailgating and watching the game on T.V than there was on the inside. I remember that they were turning people around from the upper deck! :nod:

GAD
December 7th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Mississippi Veterans Memorial has an upper deck :confused:

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I was talking about the 99 SWAC Championship Game in Birmingham! :coach:

mikebigg
December 7th, 2005, 06:45 PM
It will be another 4 or 5 years before SU or JSU ever makes it back to the SCG

Grambling's program is the most dominant in the league from a talent and facilities standpoint. Spears dominated the other coaches this year and things look only better for next year. The only offensive starter leaving from this year is Bruce Eugene... Defensively, we can return everyone but Jimmy Zachary (although Hatcher might leave early).

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 07:14 PM
:asswhip: :asswhip: Grambling better enjoy Birmingham this weekend because they aint going back anytime soon. The Jags will be back on top in 06. Yeah I hope that you enjoyed your win in the Bayou Classic(only the 3rd in about 10 years!) because its back to getting your azz kicked next year! :asswhip:

jstate83
December 7th, 2005, 09:01 PM
It will be another 4 or 5 years before SU or JSU ever makes it back to the SCG

Grambling's program is the most dominant in the league from a talent and facilities standpoint. Spears dominated the other coaches this year and things look only better for next year. The only offensive starter leaving from this year is Bruce Eugene... Defensively, we can return everyone but Jimmy Zachary (although Hatcher might leave early).

I'll give you the talent right now.
None of these kid's wanted to play for Bell................can't blame them.

But FACILITIES ............. :eyebrow: ...............come on ...............remember who you are talking about. xlolx

Walter Payton Complex .............. 22 acres............$22 million.
98 thousand(SF) Walter Payton Student Health and Fitness Center........$12.3 million.
New Track, New tennis courts, new weght rooms, renovations to the AAC, (Basketball), and $35 million in renovations to Memorial, (football).

New softball and baseball fields.
Not to mention the $100+ million that has been spent on Campus wide expansion and renovation. :hurray:

Now that Bell is gone, ya'll know it's not going to take half a decade to be in ya'll arse again. xazzx

SU Jag
December 7th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I don't even give them talent, I give the the fat kid a QB but without him they're nothing!

December 7th, 2005, 11:55 PM
The Grambling State Tigers (10-1, 9-0) defeated the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (9-2, 7-2) in the Tigers' first outing of the season (September 10th) by a 44-0 score. How will this not be a snoozer? :cool:

MACHIAVELLI
December 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM
I don't even give them talent, I give the the fat kid a QB but without him they're nothing!

http://gramblingstateuniversity.com/scoreboard[1].JPG

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 8th, 2005, 01:26 AM
We need a contingent of AGS folks to identify and travel to a SWAC game next year and check this out. SU vs JSU in Jackson. SU takes over Jackson. Over 200 SU RV's. 40,000 SU fans in Jackson stadium. 20,000 tailgaiting .Best band battle of the season. Schools and fans don't like each other at all. Jackson football team has been down but with Dumb Bell gone they will be back.

TexasTerror
December 8th, 2005, 07:59 AM
The Grambling State Tigers (10-1, 9-0) defeated the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (9-2, 7-2) in the Tigers' first outing of the season (September 10th) by a 44-0 score. How will this not be a snoozer? :cool:

Because the bands will be playing during the play on the field...

And everyone will be tailgating instead of taking in a game...

AppGuy04
December 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM

thats not football, thats a New Years Eve party :rolleyes:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 09:01 AM
The simple fact that A&M is playing in Birmingham and they have had 3 weeks to prepare for GSU will make this a close game. No SWAC Championship game has ever been a blowout, all of them have been decided in the final few minutes of the game. This game will have a big AAMU home game feel to it because AAMU is only an hour away from Birmingham and a great deal of people in Birmingham go to AAMU. This will be Grambling's biggest test this season since the Alabama State game.

TexasTerror
December 8th, 2005, 09:03 AM
The simple fact that A&M is playing in Birmingham and they have had 3 weeks to prepare for GSU will make this a close game. No SWAC Championship game has ever been a blowout, all of them have been decided in the final few minutes of the game. This game will have a big AAMU home game feel to it because AAMU is only an hour away from Birmingham and a great deal of people in Birmingham go to AAMU. This will be Grambling's biggest test this season since the Alabama State game.

We've heard that before... :bang:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 09:04 AM

The bands part is correct, but the tailgating instead of taking in the game statement couldn't be any far away from the truth! Do you have a problem with HBCU bands playing during play? :argue:

TexasTerror
December 8th, 2005, 09:05 AM
The bands part is correct, but the tailgating instead of taking in the game statement couldn't be any far away from the truth! Do you have a problem with HBCU bands playing during play? :argue:

I figure it'd be against NCAA rules anywhere except HBCU games...

You going to fire the cannon in the middle of a snap too? How about shooting fireworks off during a kick attempt? Gonna let Cap'N sing the national anthem during the first quarter? :eek:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 09:09 AM
The reason that its not really mandated is that traditionally HBCU bands are a BIG part of the football atmosphere. I remember back in 2000 when the conferences tried to make the no play during play rule and the fans went crazy. :argue: The rule didn't even last a year. HBCU bands come to the game to entertain the crowd and support the football team, they don't show up to sit in the stands and play the fight song 20 times a game. :beerchug:

Cap'n Cat
December 8th, 2005, 09:19 AM
SU vs JSU in Jackson. SU takes over Jackson. Over 200 SU RV's. 40,000 SU fans in Jackson stadium. 20,000 tailgaiting .Best band battle of the season. Schools and fans don't like each other at all. Jackson football team has been down but with Dumb Bell gone they will be back.

Hey, Till,
D1B and I have talked for a year about going down to a SWAC game. We have to do it next season. I think this is the game that SU Jag recommended to me in a PM. Hope to get there.

:)

BTW, social commentary: I'm glad to see that we all, black and white, have a sense of humor, vis-a-vis my pic post upstream. It's a caricature of how many white people feel. They know much of black culture (it's all around us), but don't know many, if any, black people.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

xprost2x
"Man, this malt liquor sure is good, Jag!

:hurray: :hurray: :p :p ;) ;) ;) ;)

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Hey, Till,
D1B and I have talked for a year about going down to a SWAC game. We have to do it next season. I think this is the game that SU Jag recommended to me in a PM. Hope to get there.

BTW, social commentary: I'm glad to see that we all, black and white, have a sense of humor, vis-a-vis my pic post upstream. It's a caricature of how many white people feel. They know much of black culture (it's all around us), but don't know many, if any, black people.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

xprost2x
"Man, this malt liquor sure is good, Jag!

:hurray: :hurray: :p :p ;) ;) ;) ;)

Amen Cap! :hurray: You said best! :hurray:

I thats why I encourage people from outside of the HBCU world to go to a BIG HBCU football game! Its like nothing you've ever seen before. Its just a totally different type atmosphere from the tailgating to the halftime show. Just everything. I have taken a few guys to a couple of games this year and thet LOVED it! I encourage everyone to go to at least one game just to take in the atmosphere and all, and I promise you that you'll get hooked.

Great post Cap! :beerchug:

December 8th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I thats why I encourage people from outside of the HBCU world to go to a BIG HBCU football game!Be sure you go to a good football game though. The only Classic I've been to is the Chicago Classic every year and the games have been atrocious. The halftime show etc. has been the highlight. At least the SWAC Champ game this year will feature one of the best QB's in the country.

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 09:36 AM
SU vs JSU in Jackson. SU takes over Jackson. Over 200 SU RV's. 40,000 SU fans in Jackson stadium. 20,000 tailgaiting .Best band battle of the season. Schools and fans don't like each other at all. Jackson football team has been down but with Dumb Bell gone they will be back.

40,000 SU fans in MEMORIAL?!?..................ya'll bring it, but you know ya'll don't take over Jackson.
That's impossiable............. :nono:

You know how pumped JACKTOWN gets for that game. But I'll give you the 200 RV's, but guess what ..............THAT'S ONLY ABOUT A 1/4 OF THE RV SPACE. WHO TAKES THE OTHER 3/4, THE GROVE, THE PARKING LOT AND STADIUM DRIVE CIRCLING THE STADIUM. Man, we know how to handle ya'll..........................but it's all good though. Makes for 1 of the best tailgating/football weekends ever. :beerchug:

Man face it ...................even in a 2-9 season under the WORSEREST, xlolx , coach in America, we still finished in the top 10 in d-1AA attendance. :nono:

Man ................I can't wait until the first day of recruiting. The day Bell got fired, highschool football players in/around the Jackson Metro area was on TV saying JSU is back on their list of schools to visit. That man killed us. :mad:

TexasTerror
December 8th, 2005, 09:37 AM
The reason that its not really mandated is that traditionally HBCU bands are a BIG part of the football atmosphere. I remember back in 2000 when the conferences tried to make the no play during play rule and the fans went crazy. :argue: The rule didn't even last a year. HBCU bands come to the game to entertain the crowd and support the football team, they don't show up to sit in the stands and play the fight song 20 times a game. :beerchug:

The bands go to support the football teams? Apparently not. They are taking attention away from the game by playing during the games. Can't they do it prior to the game and halftime? Why perform a song when the football team is playing? How does this help and "support" the teams? I guess the crowd can get loud when their team is on offense and quiet on defense too, right? Only at HBCUs!

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Here another one thatcould have kept this dumb arse comment.
Have not attended a game here but he knows every thing about something he claims he's not interested in.

Don't you have a playoff game to attend..................somebody has to. Those empty stadiums on TV are embarrasing. xlolx

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 09:41 AM
thats not football, thats a New Years Eve party :rolleyes:

Yep .......................all the HBCU/Hater nutt ridding crew is here. xlolx

December 8th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Have not attended a game here but he knows every thing about something he claims he's not interested in.

Don't you have a playoff game to attend..................somebody has to. Those empty stadiums on TV are embarrasing. xlolxEnough smack on the discussion board you two. JS, attendance figures to me, don't show how good the football teams are (not even going to mention JSU's record recently) which is the point of games.

bandl
December 8th, 2005, 09:50 AM

Don't you have a playoff game to attend..................somebody has to. Those empty stadiums on TV are embarrasing. xlolx
The bands are entertaining to WATCH...but IMHO, they are not always entertaining to listen to. Sometimes. The music talent is not all that great...it's pretty substandard, actually. I'm a lifelong musician (piano, trumpet, guitar, mandolin), so I guess that's just me being picky. Out of tune, blaring trumpets/trombones/tubas/sousas (i.e., trying to play louder than they should and thus sounding like crap), not being able to dance/march and play at the same time (which is tough, btw). I'll reiterate SOMETIMES again...it's not always the case.
I've seen a SWAC band before, and at times found myself cringing and covering my ears. But the person I was sitting next to loved it. To an untrained ear (I'm not trying to sound pompous) I guess it would sound okay. So to each his own.
They are definitely fun to watch though!!! :nod:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM
The bands go to support the football teams? Apparently not. They are taking attention away from the game by playing during the games. Can't they do it prior to the game and halftime? Why perform a song when the football team is playing? How does this help and "support" the teams? I guess the crowd can get loud when their team is on offense and quiet on defense too, right? Only at HBCUs!

O'kay let me help you understand! The whole Battle of the Bands thing at HBCU games is really a Battle of the Stands not the halftime show! The football support comes in, when your team makes a big play the band cracks up a song like ummmmmm let me see, "Get Ready" which is Jackson State's song! And the crowd goes wild. Its immposible for you to understand if you've never been to a HBCU game. The bands get the crowd in it. There is nothing like making a big play at SU and have the band crank up "Neck" or "Do What You Wanna". That gets the crowd going nuts! The focus is on the game but the bands make the crowds come to life. Honestly a big part of HBCU football games is the HBCU bands. :beerchug: I can remember during the 03 Jackson State game my junior year at SU, our coach kept saying "whatever you do don't let that damn band get in it"! Because he if they made a big play and that band got into, then so would the fans and that make the energy on JSUs side go through the roof. There has always been a saying in HBCU football,"the band and the fans are the 12th and 13th man" and from years of watching/playing HBCU football that is 100% true! :beerchug:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 10:12 AM
I just heard on the radio the Jackson State will name Rick Comegy of Tuskegee its new head coach! Looks like we're headed towards that BIG SU/JSU match up twice a year! One in the regular season and one in Birmingham for the title! :hurray:

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:13 AM
O'kay let me help you understand! The whole Battle of the Bands thing at HBCU games is really a Battle of the Stands not the halftime show! The football support comes in, when your team makes a big play the band cracks up a song like ummmmmm let me see, "Get Ready" which is Jackson State's song! And the crowd goes wild. Its immposible for you to understand if you've never been to a HBCU game. The bands get the crowd in it. There is nothing like making a big play at SU and have the band crank up "Neck" or "Do What You Wanna". That gets the crowd going nuts! The focus is on the game but the bands make the crowds come to life. Honestly a big part of HBCU football games is the HBCU bands. :beerchug: I can remember during the 03 Jackson State game my junior year at SU, our coach kept saying "whatever you do don't let that damn band get in it"! Because he if they made a big play and that band got into, then so would the fans and that make the energy on JSUs side go through the roof. There has always been a saying in HBCU football,"the band and the fans are the 12th and 13th man" and from years of watching/playing HBCU football that is 100% true! :beerchug:

Trust me man .....................you wasting your time :bang: ...................They understand everything...................EVEN THING'S THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. xlolx

99.9% of the people here have never set foot on a HBCU campus or attended a game but yet they are "experts" on everything HBCU from watching video clips. :rolleyes: xlolx

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:16 AM
I just heard on the radio the Jackson State will name Rick Comegy of Tuskegee its new head coach! Looks like we're headed towards that BIG SU/JSU match up twice a year! One in the regular season and one in Birmingham for the title! :hurray:

Yep........................the news conference is at 11 a.m.

TV12 will be carring it.......................I'm gonna find tha link and post it on the SWAC page if it's not already done.

Now the big part, turn the recruiting back around and getting to the business of winning some games. Part 1 is in place.

Now if Willie Richardson get's the AD job, then everything is set.

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Yep yall will be back................yall will back back for another :asswhip: by the hands on the Jaguars! :nod: xlolx LOL!!!!!!!

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Enough smack on the discussion board you two. JS, attendance figures to me, don't show how good the football teams are (not even going to mention JSU's record recently) which is the point of games.

Man ....................I was talking to the SU and GRAM fans. :rolleyes:

These fool's came in talking smack as always. :rolleyes:
As far as I'm concerned, I wish some of these clowns would never post to me, but a stupid arse comment will get a response..............which is what most of these sarcastic mf's want anyway. :rolleyes:

And the attendance convo between me and SUJAG was about the FANS of the game..............not the dang team.

Know what's being said and WHY before you tell me what I WAS SAYING. xlolx

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 10:22 AM
On another note, most of the people on this board do support HBCU football and I have read post from people from outside of the HBCU world who are trying their best to come to a SWAC or MEAC game. I'm trying to get my boy Cap to come to the SU/JSU game next season or the Magic City Classic game. People are very interested in HBCU football its just that most people don't understand why we do some of the things that we do like the band thing. :)

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Yep yall will be back................yall will back back for another :asswhip: by the hands on the Jaguars! :nod: xlolx LOL!!!!!!!

If you gonna get it in, YOU BETTER DO IT NEXT YEAR.

After that.......................well ahhhhhhhhhhh ..................BACK TO THE LOSER BRACKET. xlolx

Cap'n Cat
December 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM
99.9% of the people here have never set foot on a HBCU campus or attended a game but yet they are "experts" on everything HBCU from watching video clips. :rolleyes: xlolx

Trust who? You?

For the record, 83, Cap'n Cat has alighted on the campuses of several HBCU's and had nothing but great experiences taking it all in. You make mistakes here, when you assume too much bad stuff about us. :nono:

In his time, Cap'n Cat has been to:

South -
Southern U
Grambling (AND, I am, undoubtedly, the only cracker on here who ever met Eddie Robinson!)
Mississippi Valley State
Alabama A&M

East -
Howard U

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Remember, for you it's race, for most of us here it's quality of football.

:nono:

December 8th, 2005, 10:29 AM
... Know what's being said and WHY before you tell me what I WAS SAYING. xlolxWho peed in your Wheaties? xlolx xlolx :confused: xlolx xlolx

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Trust who? You?

Remember, for you it's race, for most of us here it's quality of football.

:nono:

You come in, talking smack, BRING UP RACE................but it's my fault.

Show me a post where I brought up race.

I guess next you gonna run around the board like you did last time talking bout "JSTATE83 must go ".....................WHO COULD FORGET THAT PATHETIC THREAD MADE BY YOU.

The solution is simple .......................don't come to me with that baiting shat and you won't get a response. But I know, that's to simple for you. xidiotx

Again .............like I said earlier .................watch this be my fault..........and I was not even trying to post to these clowns. xlolx

Cap'n Cat
December 8th, 2005, 10:34 AM
On another note, most of the people on this board do support HBCU football and I have read post from people from outside of the HBCU world who are trying their best to come to a SWAC or MEAC game. I'm trying to get my boy Cap to come to the SU/JSU game next season or the Magic City Classic game. People are very interested in HBCU football its just that most people don't understand why we do some of the things that we do like the band thing. :)

Then, of course, you got the 83's of the SWAC world REALLY making people feel comfy about coming down for a game! Not doing much for the SWAC Chamber of Commerce, I say............

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D1B and I will be there, Jagger. Hopefully, Ralphadeus will go, too.

BTW, they got 4X shirts and sweats for Cap'n Cat and D1B at the SU bookstore?

:) :) :) :)

SU Jag
Ralph and a few others on here are big advocates of HBCU football. Ralph even posted pics of the Magic City Classic this year! :hurray:

jstate83
Who peed in your Wheaties? xlolx xlolx :confused: xlolx xlolx

Nobody .................just keep getting interrupted by bullshat from bullshat poster's that start the "It's not my fault" whine when they get a response ............as always. xlolx

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Then, of course, you got the 83's of the SWAC world REALLY making people feel comfy about coming down for a game! Not doing much for the SWAC Chamber of Commerce, I say............

Like I said .......................It's my fault this nutt and a couple of other's came in with their usual bullshat. xlolx

And dude .......................being on this chat board is not gonna bring them in or turn them away. If this is your excuse NOT to attend a game, then you had no INTENTIONS of attending anyway .........just blowing smoke.

Besides.................Fan's from some of the schools in the playoff's discussed here won't win the "Welcomewagon" prize either. xlolx

Cap'n Cat
You come in, talking smack, BRING UP RACE................but it's my fault.

Show me a post where I brought up race.

I guess next you gonna run around the board like you did last time talking bout "JSTATE83 must go ".....................WHO COULD FORGET THAT PATHETIC THREAD MADE BY YOU.

The solution is simple .......................don't come to me with that baiting shat and you won't get a response. But I know, that's to simple for you. xidiotx

Again .............like I said earlier .................watch this be my fault..........and I was not even trying to post to these clowns. xlolx

Again - for you it's race, for us it's football. You know it, I know, everyone here knows it. Reread your posts, Fred.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

SU Jag

I'm sure they do! I got to get you the Top 10 reasons the Grambling sucks shirt though! It was a great sell during the 03 and 04 seasons, hell I might wear mine to the game Saturday!

December 8th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Again - for you it's race, for us it's football. You know it, I know, everyone here knows it. Reread your posts, Fred. :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:

:boring:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hey guys can we get back to talking football? :argue: All this BS about race is killing me.

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 10:44 AM

Now back to the pic of Cap'n Cat, Ralph and D1B before a SWAC game! xlolx

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Hey guys can we get back to talking football? :argue: All this BS about race is killing me.

That's all I wanted to do.

But I give you the thumbs up for trying.

I gave up a long time ago. Everytime I come here and have a discussion going like we had, here come the SAME NUTT'S in to screw it up.

But you right ...................... I'll hit the ignore on those select few and move on from now on ...........................TO KICKING SU TO SLEEP FROM NOW ON!! :hurray: :spank: :asswhip:

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 10:49 AM

That's cold .........................get off the HAMBURGLER. xlolx

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Is it me or it that Grambling is the most hated team in all of the HBCUs? Its like noone likes them! To me all they do is talk about how good the use to be. To be honest, they don't even travel well. Their home games are okay but as far them following their team to other places, even their sorry soul azz band doesn't even travel! Is Southern the only school in the SWAC that hates Grambling or is it everyone? If the SWAC Championship games doesn't meet its attendence expectations it will be because of Grambling, and thier poor ability to support their team outside of home games and outside of the Bayou Classic and State Fair Classic. :asswhip:

Cap'n Cat
December 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM
I gave up a long time ago. Everytime I come here and have a discussion going like we had, here come the SAME NUTT'S in to screw it up.

Things to consider:

Knee-jerking and tone.

Thank you.

jstate83
December 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Is it me or it that Grambling is the most hated team in all of the HBCUs? Its like noone likes them! To me all they do is talk about how good the use to be. To be honest, they don't even travel well. Their home games are okay but as far them following their team to other places, even their sorry soul azz band doesn't even travel! Is Southern the only school in the SWAC that hates Grambling or is it everyone? If the SWAC Championship games doesn't meet its attendence expectations it will be because of Grambling, and thier poor ability to support their team outside of home games and outside of the Bayou Classic and State Fair Classic. :asswhip:

I wanna see how they are without BRUCE.

I can't judge them onm what my team did................which ain't been crap in 3 years..................but now we gonna see.

But .....I'm :hyped: ..............BELL is gone. :hurray:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Hey Cap'n here is a reason to come on down to Southern next season! :smiley_wi

Cap'n Cat
December 8th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Hey Cap'n here is a reason to come on down to Southern next season! :smiley_wi

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1013&stc=1

Jesus Lord GAWD A'mighty!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

An' little ol' me, followin' PWC's around all the time!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Wait there is more...........here is a few reason why peopl go and watch Prairie View play! LOL

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Now back to the football aspect of our conversation! :)

December 8th, 2005, 02:46 PM
People, remember. AGS does not allow SMACK on the discussion board AT ALL. :nono:

bandl
December 8th, 2005, 02:51 PM
People, remember. AGS does not allow SMACK on the discussion board AT ALL. :nono:
Lo siento, Rafael.

xsmoochx

Cap'n Cat
December 8th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Oh yeah? Howzabout bare breasts?

:bang: :bang: :bang:

December 8th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah? Howzabout bare breasts?Those beautiful things are "Out of Bounds."

December 8th, 2005, 06:41 PM
... xprost2x man your nose is brown, really brown.Naw due2, why are you always hating? :eek:

BTW, I updated your profile to your actual join date back in 2003 and added your posts from the previous version of the board. Yer welcome! :)

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Was the first AAMU/Grambling game the 1st game of the season? :confused:

SU Jag
December 8th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Annual Leading Division I-AA Teams in Per-Game Home Attendance (Min. 5 home games)
Year Team Avg.
1978 Southern U. 28,333
1979 Grambling 29,900
1980 Southern U. 29,708
1981 Grambling 30,835
1982 Southern U. 32,265
1983 Jackson St. 29,117
1984 Jackson St. 29,215
1985 Yale 29,347
1986 Jackson St. 25,177
1987 Jackson St. 32,734
1988 Jackson St. 26,500
1989 Jackson St. 32,269
1990 Grambling 30,152
1991 Grambling 27,181
1992 Southern U. 28,906
1993 Jackson St. 28,917
1994 Alcorn St. 26,203
1995 Jackson St. 34,849
1996 Alcorn St. 21,536
1997 Jackson St. *38,873
1998 South Fla. 27,143
1999 Jackson St. 28,933
2000 Southern U. 27,190
2001 Jackson St. 29,067
2002 Jackson St. 23,691
2003 Yale 23,578
2004 Florida A&M 25,609
*Record

I don't think that HBCUs draw poorly on-campus at all! :beerchug:

PantherMan
December 9th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Annual Leading Division I-AA Teams in Per-Game Home Attendance (Min. 5 home games)
Year Team Avg.
1978 Southern U. 28,333
1979 Grambling 29,900
1980 Southern U. 29,708
1981 Grambling 30,835
1982 Southern U. 32,265
1983 Jackson St. 29,117
1984 Jackson St. 29,215
1985 Yale 29,347
1986 Jackson St. 25,177
1987 Jackson St. 32,734
1988 Jackson St. 26,500
1989 Jackson St. 32,269
1990 Grambling 30,152
1991 Grambling 27,181
1992 Southern U. 28,906
1993 Jackson St. 28,917
1994 Alcorn St. 26,203
1995 Jackson St. 34,849
1996 Alcorn St. 21,536
1997 Jackson St. *38,873
1998 South Fla. 27,143
1999 Jackson St. 28,933
2000 Southern U. 27,190
2001 Jackson St. 29,067
2002 Jackson St. 23,691
2003 Yale 23,578
2004 Florida A&M 25,609
*Record

I don't think that HBCUs draw poorly on-campus at all! :beerchug:

Better question is: How many of those fans stick around after halftime? ;) We know y'all have some good bands at the HBCUs, but the football has been lacking for a while. :nod:

GAD
December 9th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Pantherman how many people show up for UNI games period does that speak to the quality of UNI football.

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Where did the whole "people leave at halftime myth come from? I've been going to SU games all of my life and I have never seen the Jaguar Nation pack up after halftime. SU fans usually show up on Thurday night and we party all the way through late Saturday night.

bandl
December 9th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Where did the whole "people leave at halftime myth come from? I've been going to SU games all of my life and I have never seen the Jaguar Nation pack up after halftime. SU fans usually show up on Thurday night and we party all the way through late Saturday night.

Easy there, killer...he didn't say that everyone, or anyone, left at halftime. He ASKED.

"How many of those fans stick around after halftime?"

A question, yes, and also a rhetorical statement to the fact that the quality of football in the SWAC is not always up to snuff with the rest of I-AA.

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM
People don't leave at the half! If you came to see the bands then why would you only come to see the halftime show. Most of the people who come to see the bands "bandheads" as we call them, sit in the endzone which is the closest to the bands. They usually sit down there with camcorders in hand videotaping. People who come to see the bands usually stay the enire game so that they can see the bands march in, and so that they can watch the bands play in the stands, at halftime and after the game during the 5th quarter.

Catmendue2
December 9th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Naw due2, why are you always hating? :eek:

BTW, I updated your profile to your actual join date back in 2003 and added your posts from the previous version of the board. Yer welcome! :)

Now, what about the ones you deleted, anywho thank you much. :xmas:

jstate83
December 9th, 2005, 10:01 AM
:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

Hi SUJAG...................what's shaking besides the usual SWAC put downs here. xlolx

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I'm getting ready for the pep-ralley tonight for the Championship game tommorow. I went out earlier and I saw the maroon and white AAMU flags everywhere.

jstate83
December 9th, 2005, 10:20 AM
You know A&M supporters were going to flood B-Ham. Would not be surprised isf a few Bamma St. Bee's are with them. You know how the BAMMA's always stick together in the end against the rest of the SWAC. xlolx

Gram will start pulling in probably at noon.
Looks like a DRY but COLD day for football.

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Yeah I know a few folks from Bama State that will be comming up today for the game. Grambling is the most hated team in the SWAC, they might even be the most hated team in HBCU football. The Newspapers down here call them the Notre Dame of HBCU football.

jstate83
December 9th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Would not mind seeing an upset.

But .....................That's high unlikely. A@M has improved since that first meeting, but I don't think they have improved enough to hang with GRAM for 4 quarters.

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM
AAMU has a great defense but their offense is a lil zzzzzzzzzzzzzz! If its low scoring AAMU will win, but if it gets to be a high scoring game then Grambling will win.

Catmendue2
December 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM
AAMU has a great defense but their offense is a lil zzzzzzzzzzzzzz! If its low scoring AAMU will win, but if it gets to be a high scoring game then Grambling will win.

I hope AAMU don't review the BC tapes. If you saw some the blocks and hitting in that game, a team coming in already intimidated has to know that they are gonna get killled. Luke better hope that Jason Hatcher gets a flu virus otherwise don't show up. Don't look for anything close Eugene is in striking distance to Totten TD record and he wants it. :hurray:

GSU 56 AAMU 7

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I hope AAMU don't review the BC tapes. If you saw some the blocks and hitting in that game, a team coming in already intimidated has to know that they are gonna get killled. Luke better hope that Jason Hatcher gets a flu virus otherwise don't show up. Don't look for anything close Eugene is in striking distance to Totten TD record and he wants it. :hurray:

GSU 56 AAMU 7

In the Words of Lee Corso " not so fast my friend!" This one will be closer that the experts think! :)

Catmendue2
December 9th, 2005, 12:23 PM
In the Words of Lee Corso " not so fast my friend!" This one will be closer that the experts think! :)

What experts, This will be a bigtime blowout. you may as well hand the trophy to Grambling at the parade later today. Both Trophies BCF and SCG. :hyped:

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 12:29 PM
No blowouts this week! Not here. Grambling is playing here in Birmingham! Trust me, Alabama A&M and Bama State are Birmingham's teams(you would think it would be UAB), trust AAMU will come in focused and they play hard. They might fall short but it aint going to be no blow-out!

Catmendue2
December 9th, 2005, 12:35 PM
No blowouts this week! Not here. Grambling is playing here in Birmingham! Trust me, Alabama A&M and Bama State are Birmingham's teams(you would think it would be UAB), trust AAMU will come in focused and they play hard. They might fall short but it aint going to be no blow-out!

You probably are speaking with your heart and hope more than reality. Nobody believes that including Coach Jones. The SCG is being played in Gramblingham and AAMU is the guest. :beerchug:

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Are you serious? You couldn't be! If you think that AAMU is going to show up a lay down, then you're wrong! You're right, I hate Grambling, I don't like anything about them and I hate their program! AAMU the guest? I don't think so! I bet that the AAMU fans out number the Grambling fans at leat 4 to 1.

Catmendue2
December 9th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Are you serious? You couldn't be! If you think that AAMU is going to show up a lay down, then you're wrong! You're right, I hate Grambling, I don't like anything about them and I hate their program! AAMU the guest? I don't think so! I bet that the AAMU fans out number the Grambling fans at leat 4 to 1.

This is exactly my point it's all in your head. They will lay down or get knock down which ever comes first. Its about the BOOT my friend, Grambling in a rout. I don't care if the whole State of Bama shows up its Gramblingham, and has been for years. BTW, we don't hate, but we will humiliate, if you don't know you better ask somebody.

GS GS GSU I thought you knew.

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 01:05 PM
This your first trip since 2002! You better take pictures, go see the Civil Rights Museum and all that other stuff because the days of watching it on TV starts after Saturday!

Catmendue2
December 9th, 2005, 01:17 PM
This your first trip since 2002! You better take pictures, go see the Civil Rights Museum and all that other stuff because the days of watching it on TV starts after Saturday!

he he he he he he, If a frog had wings he woiuldn't bump his azz :smiley_wi

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Will you be at the game? If so I would love to sit next to you and talk isht the whole damn game! xprost2x

Catmendue2
December 9th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Will you be at the game? If so I would love to sit next to you and talk isht the whole damn game! xprost2x

Nope, I think I will sit this one out, dont like Gramblingham or cold weather. I will be watching and recording for all those at the game and interested in a copy. I am sitting home watching the BC and getting crunked for tomorrow have fun my friend. :beerchug:

SU Jag
December 9th, 2005, 01:49 PM
They started letting the RVs in the lot at 8:00am this mourning! With the parade and everything tonight, the atmosphere is building up for this one. I hear that 112 or one of those other singing groups are supposed to be in town for the game.

Bulldog87
December 10th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Cold weather is a terrible excuse for not supporting your team in a championship game. Travel distance,work,family obligations cool. Weather bad job. Football was made to be played in cold weather(although the photos of the SU and PV girls make a case for a sunny 80 degree day.) support your team and feel happy to still have a game to attend. The team with the best placekicker will win this one. Does AAMU still excel in soccer? If so their soccer playing kicker wins the game for the Dawgs. A&M by 3.

December 10th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I guess Grambling winning 45-6 is better than AAMU fared earlier in the season vs. the Tigers... but not much.

Grambling is the 2005 SWAC Champ!

SU Jag
December 10th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Attendance for the game was way down! There was only 20,600 and some chance there! Due to the fact the Legion Field is a 73,000 seat stadium, it looked more like 400 people. Grambling's fans didn't travel at all. About 3/4 of the people there where AAMU fans.

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Attendance for the game was way down! There was only 20,600 and some chance there! Due to the fact the Legion Field is a 73,000 seat stadium, it looked more like 400 people. Grambling's fans didn't travel at all. About 3/4 of the people there where AAMU fans.

Why was the crowd down? Weather?

SU Jag
December 11th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Wheather probably played a part in it, but I think that the fact that Grambling smashed AAMU at the start of the season may have influenced the Grambling folks not to show up. Grambling's fans have a reputation of not traveling well, and they didn't travel to Birmingham this weekend either. Most people felt like this one was going to be a :asswhip: anyway!

MACHIAVELLI
December 11th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Attendance for the game was way down! There was only 20,600 and some chance there!

22,826 was the attendance for the game in 2005 Championship game...Yeah this year was way down :rolleyes:

December 11th, 2005, 11:52 AM
22,826 was the attendance for the game in 2005 Championship game...SWAC Champ game attendance:
2005: 20612 (http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=74876)
2004: 22327
2003: 31617
2002: 23727
2001: 38487

SU Jag
December 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM
The attendance yesterday was terrible! :bang:

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2005, 12:19 PM
It's all about the east division being competitive and having a fighting chance. Birmingham is nicely placed in SWAC East Division country. The West has won each game (except 2004) since 1999.

It's always Grambling and Southern vs Alabama's A team for that given year, atleast since 2000. Fans are probably tired of the same old and want some parity, want a more competitive this football game (were they expecting a close one this year, of course not).

How far is Birmingham from NOLA? I may need to make the drive or maybe carpool with someone heading through NOLA next year...

SU Jag
December 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Birmingham also has HUGE alumi bases from SWAC schools like Bama State, Alabama A&M, Southern, Jackson State, Alcorn State, and Grambling. Most of the Grambling folks at the game yesterday where from this area. I honestly don't know why attendance was so down, me and my former teammate was talking about it at the game. I think that we NEED a Southern/Jackson State SWAC title game bad. During the 3rd quarter yesterday I started to ask my self "I didn't I go up to the Furman/App State game?" :confused:

Catmendue2
December 11th, 2005, 09:31 PM

I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy too :hyped:

:beerchug: xprost2x or two

December 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM
As you may have noticed, we're trying to keep this on the discussion board which is viewable by non-members. Smack isn't so let's keep it smart and talk about the SWAC Champ game.

MACHIAVELLI
December 12th, 2005, 02:07 AM
SWAC Champ game attendance:

I was looking at another figure for another year and another game.

MACHIAVELLI
December 12th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I think that we NEED a Southern/Jackson State SWAC title game bad.

Did the su/jsu game sell out in Baton Rouge this year?

December 12th, 2005, 02:13 AM
spring71's Photos from the SWAC Championship Game

http://www.pbase.com/spring71/swac_champ

[dayum they're great!!!]

LeopardFan04
December 12th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Great pictures, really gives a feel of the great atmosphere... :D

mikebigg
December 14th, 2005, 10:24 AM
As you may have noticed, we're trying to keep this on the discussion board which is viewable by non-members. Smack isn't so let's keep it smart and talk about the SWAC Champ game.

Ralph,

Seems that my post refuting some of the outlandish crap that SU Jag posted was deleted. My post wasn't smack...it just expressed my opinion that his post was biased against Grambling. The worst of all was his claim that A&M outnumbered Grambling fans by a 4 to 1 margin. I was actually at the game and the fans sat on opposite sides of the stadium and wore their school colors. The dude lied to make his case after his predictions of a A&M victory didn't come true.

This will prolly get deleted too...

Cap'n Cat
December 14th, 2005, 12:03 PM
SWAC Champ game attendance:

They startin' to recognize that they don't play that good-a game in the SWAC?

No smackin', just axin'

mikebigg
December 16th, 2005, 10:28 AM
They startin' to recognize that they don't play that good-a game in the SWAC?

No smackin', just axin'

Why don't you post the attendance from your championship game? If/When you do, be sure and reduce the number by 75% to reflect how much the NCAA makes from the proceeds.

No smackin, just saying...

Hansel
December 16th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Why don't you post the attendance from your championship game? If/When you do, be sure and reduce the number by 75% to reflect how much the NCAA makes from the proceeds.

No smackin, just saying...
How big a cut do promoters get from Classics? Just wondering :)

mikebigg
December 17th, 2005, 09:31 AM
How big a cut do promoters get from Classics? Just wondering :)

In the Classics that Grambling participates in, we get a guarantee (Check deposit or line of credit notice from their bank). Not sure, but our minimum is usually around $150k plus travel expense. The SCG is not a Classic, so their is no guarantee but I'm sure we get more revenue than we would for hosting a playoff game (where the NCAA gets a guaranteed bid and a percentage of gate receipts over that amount).

Maybe someone will post the NCAA playoff breakdown!