PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Sports Week Ever for UNI?

crunifan
December 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Saturday-Beat #1 New Hampshire to advance to the semi-finals

Tuesday-Beat #12 Iowa in basketball on road to our third straight NCAA tournament

Friday-Battle it out with #5 Texas State for a chance to play in our first National Championship game!

Now, if this isn't a great time to be a UNI Panther, I don't know what is! :hurray:

89Hen
December 7th, 2005, 10:24 AM
You forgot to mention the signing of a women's 400m runner this week to the track team! :hurray: :p

Cap'n Cat
December 7th, 2005, 10:32 AM
You forgot to mention the signing of a women's 400m runner this week to the track team! :hurray: :p

Always gotta piss on someone else's parade, dontcha, Hen?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DE92
December 7th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Congratulations UNI! It is funny how things come in bunches.

89Hen
December 7th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Always gotta piss on someone else's parade, dontcha, Hen?
How's that? It's true....

UNI Signs 400 Meter Standout (http://unipanthers.collegesports.com/sports/c-track/spec-rel/120505aaa.html)

Cap'n Cat
December 7th, 2005, 10:41 AM
How's that? It's true....

UNI Signs 400 Meter Standout (http://unipanthers.collegesports.com/sports/c-track/spec-rel/120505aaa.html)

Don't give me that. It was a shot and you know it.

Shame.

:(

89Hen
December 7th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Don't give me that. It was a shot and you know it. Shame. :(
Lighten up Francis. :)

igo4uni
December 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Lighten up Francis. :)

Hen likes to stir it up.

Doesn't like it so much if others stir.

IMO

WYOBISONMAN
December 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM

Tuesday-Beat #12 Iowa in basketball on road to our third straight NCAA tournament

Friday-Battle it out with #5 Texas State for a chance to play in our first National Championship game!

Now, if this isn't a great time to be a UNI Panther, I don't know what is! :hurray:

I am envious! The Pathers are on a ROLL! Best of luck in Texas....

89Hen
December 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Hen likes to stir it up.

Doesn't like it so much if others stir.

IMO
Damn, and after I stuck up for you last weekend in your drunken rage. :nonono2: :p ;)

igo4uni
December 7th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Damn, and after I stuck up for you last weekend in your drunken rage. :nonono2: :p ;)

drunk, yes. Rage, no.

and you did defend me, which I appreciate. :beerchug: :beerchug:

Just was giving some A-10 fans some ****e.

A-10aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

As always: Peace

Reed Rothchild
December 7th, 2005, 11:32 AM
The only thing holding us back is the latest tuition hike

igo4uni
December 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
If only we could have beaten the hapless Iowa State Cyclowns last week in basketball!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also, there is that little matter in Texas. I'm not putting that game in the W column prematurely.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Both games were pretty sweet. Not sure which was more exciting to attend, beating New Hampshire at their place or beating the Hawks at home and storming the court. I hopped the fence at NH and no one followed me. :(

crunifan
December 7th, 2005, 02:03 PM
As much as I loved beating New Hampshire, beating Iowa is far better to me. This means for an entire calender year, I have something to piss off about 98% of all Iowans (including my dad!). :D

Now, all we need is our Panthers to go out and play there best Friday and we got ourselves a damn good week!

bcrawf
December 7th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Probably already is the best week ever, now we need to make it LEGENDARY!!! :hurray:

PantherMan
December 7th, 2005, 02:20 PM
The only thing holding us back is the latest tuition hike

Minor problem. Personally, I have no problem with paying more for a good education. Rates are probably too low to begin with, and the taxpayers should not have to continually pick up the slack. Remember, many students that attend state run universities in Iowa end up taking their expertise elsewhere. If that is the case, the decreasing tax base should not be asked to pay for students that will eventually take their skills elsewhere anyway. Just my :twocents:

On a separate note, what a WEEK!!! :beerchug: xprost2x

newsbreaker
December 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM
FYI...UNI wrestles at Iowa on Thursday night as well. As much as the nation will laugh (and most of us will sleep right through it), UNI upsetting Iowa in wrestling would be exactly as amazing as the 1AA champion beating USC in the Rose Bowl. I mean that litereally.

blackfordpu
December 7th, 2005, 07:02 PM

I was going to start a thread like this but you beat me to it. UNI has had a great week. I am anxious to see if they can keep the momentum going. Good luck Friday. :)

crunifan
December 10th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Yep, it's official, best week for UNI athletics EVER.

I will also add to the list our basketball team just Missouri-Kansas City 87-64 for a 6-1 record! GO PANTHERS!!! :hurray:

ngineer
December 10th, 2005, 10:24 PM
FYI...UNI wrestles at Iowa on Thursday night as well. As much as the nation will laugh (and most of us will sleep right through it), UNI upsetting Iowa in wrestling would be exactly as amazing as the 1AA champion beating USC in the Rose Bowl. I mean that litereally.

I wouldn't go that far. Sure Iowa is ranked higher, but UNI is a top 25 team and I would not expect a rout.

PantherMan
December 11th, 2005, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't go that far. Sure Iowa is ranked higher, but UNI is a top 25 team and I would not expect a rout.

UNI took Wisconsin to the wire this weekend, losing 19-16 on a pin in the last match. I don't follow wrestling much, but thought I'd throw that out there xprost2x .