PDA

View Full Version : Lamentations & Regrets!

Tailbone
December 7th, 2005, 10:08 AM
From National weather service for Missoula

...WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST TODAY FOR MISSOULA VALLEY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MISSOULA HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST TODAY.

BELOW ZERO TEMPERATURES AND EAST WIND OF 15 TO 25 MPH ARE CAUSING WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO AROUND HELLGATE CANYON (Washington-Griz Stadium). THESE EXTREME WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES ARE ALSO REACHING INTO DOWNTOWN MISSOULA. THE WIND CHILL IS EXPECTED TO IMPROVE AS THE TEMPERATURE WARMS TODAY.

Sure wish we were hosting some of our Southern or domefield friends this weekend!

grizband
December 7th, 2005, 10:10 AM
I was thinking the same thing about a week ago, when it really started to get cold. Too bad indeed.

Ronbo
December 7th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Temps for this Saturday will be back up to 25 degrees.

Tailbone
December 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Temps for this Saturday will be back up to 25 degrees.
Yeah, but with a little wind it might still provide some "shock & awe".

Grizo406
December 7th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I had to bring my brass monkeys in last evening!

It is starting to get cold in paradise.

dungeonjoe
December 7th, 2005, 10:32 AM
From National weather service for Missoula

...WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST TODAY FOR MISSOULA VALLEY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MISSOULA HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST TODAY.

BELOW ZERO TEMPERATURES AND EAST WIND OF 15 TO 25 MPH ARE CAUSING WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO AROUND HELLGATE CANYON (Washington-Griz Stadium). THESE EXTREME WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES ARE ALSO REACHING INTO DOWNTOWN MISSOULA. THE WIND CHILL IS EXPECTED TO IMPROVE AS THE TEMPERATURE WARMS TODAY.

Sure wish we were hosting some of our Southern or domefield friends this weekend!

Nothing stopping you from going over and sitting in the stadium for a couple of hours... frostbite this time of year is so festive :)

Tailbone
December 7th, 2005, 10:35 AM
OK Grizo, Time to replace the 'Bow pic with a Rocky Mtn whitefish pic.
Run down to the Bitterroot and drown some whitefish flies & maggots.
I got a hankerin' to smoke some fish......if I could only get 'em to stay lit !?!?

Tailbone
December 7th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Nothing stopping you from going over and sitting in the stadium for a couple of hours... frostbite this time of year is so festive :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Grizo406
December 7th, 2005, 11:01 AM

That's true, joe...with no other team in Washington/Grizzly, we might be able to score a few offensive touchdowns, and win a late season game! ;)

CatFan22
December 7th, 2005, 11:48 AM
It was the same here in Bozeman yesterday. So damn cold. Too bad the Cat/Griz game couldn't have been played during this bitterness. It doesn't feel like a true Cat/Griz game without below zero temps and snow.

griz8791
December 7th, 2005, 11:51 AM
I was in Bozeman over Thanksgiving weekend. It was snowing like crazy when I got up on Saturday morning with serious wind chill and my first thought was that it was a waste of perfectly good playoff weather.

Cocky
December 7th, 2005, 12:41 PM
It was 17 this morning at my house in the warm and cozy South.

dungeonjoe
December 7th, 2005, 02:29 PM
That's true, joe...with no other team in Washington/Grizzly, we might be able to score a few offensive touchdowns, and win a late season game! ;)

xlolx xlolx xlolx
yes, I know what you mean, unfortunately

DemiGS
December 7th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I think the cold thing is slightly over rated. I've been up in Montana several times during the winters, and let me assure you that 20 degrees there is a whole different animal than 20 degrees in the South East. Last I was there, I was shocked to find out what I thought was 40ish degree weather was actually in the teens. In that climate, the actual temperature always feels warmer then it is.

dungeonjoe
December 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I think the cold thing is slightly over rated. I've been up in Montana several times during the winters, and let me assure you that 20 degrees there is a whole different animal than 20 degrees in the South East. Last I was there, I was shocked to find out what I thought was 40ish degree weather was actually in the teens. In that climate, the actual temperature always feels warmer then it is.

Its the Southern humility that makes the difference :rolleyes:

mlbowl
December 7th, 2005, 02:48 PM

While I can agree with you to some extent......I can't recall ever being ice fishing on Canyon Ferry Lake thinking.....wow, this -30 temp feels warmer :eek:

kalm
December 7th, 2005, 06:20 PM
:bawling: :bawling: Two years in a row that I lament and regret the fact that I am not visiting Washington Grizzly Stadium for a semi-final game. :bawling:

This date that I keep counting on is obviously not working out. Why don't we change plans and have the Griz :nod: visit Cheney twice next year? Woodward will have further improvements, and while not as large and impressive as WSG, has a better view and is just as cold as Missoula in December.