Oct 28 @ Southern Utah
Nov 04 @ UC Davis
Nov 11 Cal Poly
Nov 18 South Dakota State

NDSU is also currently in talks with Furman, McNeese and Portland State

TexasTerror
December 6th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Is Northeastern a home-and-home?

Solid OOC so far if you want wins (Ball St, SFA, and Northeastern), though winning at SFA is tough...

Hansel
December 6th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Is Northeastern a home-and-home?

Solid OOC so far if you want wins (Ball St, SFA, and Northeastern), though winning at SFA is tough...
N'eastern is a one shot deal in Fargo, we are looking to keep our SLC winning streak alive, (beating Nicholls, and NW St twice each over the last two years)

TexasTerror
December 6th, 2005, 06:53 PM
You fellas need to come play the Bearkats here in Huntsville!

We sent our volleyball team up there and they beat you folks 3-0 before going 0-3 against the other three in your tournament...

Cap'n Cat
December 6th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Tell ya what, Cap'n Cat is NOT waiting for the day the Bison show up at the UNIDome.

Yikes!!!!! POWERFUL team that's gonna make some playoff waves when they come eligible!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

GrizFoo
December 6th, 2005, 07:30 PM
That schedule is shaping up nicely. Love the Ball St. game. Of course I don't like the concordia game, wish the Griz would stop with DII's, heck I wish all top 25 teams would stop with the DII's.

Eaglegus2
December 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Sep 2 Concordia-SP (regional D2)
Sep 16 Northeastern University
Sep 23 @ Ball State University
Sep 30 @ Stephen F. Austin
Oct 28 @ Southern Utah
Nov 04 @ UC Davis
Nov 11 Cal Poly

Georgia Southern needs a game for the 2nd week. You can travel to Georgia in 06 and we will travel in 07.

Hell, the game in South Dakota was a lot of fun.

Hansel
December 6th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Georgia Southern needs a game for the 2nd week. You can travel to Georgia in 06 and we will travel in 07.

Hell, the game in South Dakota was a lot of fun.
The N'eastern game was recently moved back a week, so I am guessing something is in the works for the 9/9 game, don't know who though, I do know 2/3 remaining dates need to be home games though

txstatebobcat
December 6th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Tell ya what, Cap'n Cat is NOT waiting for the day the Bison show up at the UNIDome.

Yikes!!!!! POWERFUL team that's gonna make some playoff waves when they come eligible!

NDSU, SDSU, UNC and UC-Davis have potential to be the best crop of D-II schools that have ever moved up to I-AA. Add Cal-Poly and I'm glad that TxSt is NOT in the Great West.

bisonguy
December 6th, 2005, 09:27 PM

Cappy- You're cordially invited to watch those powerful Bison anytime you want to make the four hour or so trip to Fargo. :D

swaghook
December 6th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I'm suprised we haven't scheduled a game with UNI yet. They are on my wish list of teams along with GSU and others that I would like to see NDSU take on. If you want to be the best you need to play the best.

bisonguy
December 6th, 2005, 09:30 PM
You fellas need to come play the Bearkats here in Huntsville!

We sent our volleyball team up there and they beat you folks 3-0 before going 0-3 against the other three in your tournament...

The volleyball team had a pretty bad season. It's best for Bison fans to put it behind them.

NDSU's AD is supposedly in talks with McNeese, so bug your AD to contact NDSU if you have any openings.

UNI92
December 6th, 2005, 10:30 PM
4 straight road games?
Ouch

BisBison
December 6th, 2005, 10:44 PM
4 straight road games?
Ouch
It only looks like 4 straight road games. There's 3 open dates in there that will be filled, with at least two home games. :hurray:

WYOBISONMAN
December 7th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I am very happy with how the schedule is shaping up. We just need to get those folks from Missoula to get over to Fargo and try and beat us in our house!!

grizband
December 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM
I am torn with the fact that NDSU will become a power in the west. As much as I love to see more good teams out west (UM, MSU, EWU, Cal Poly, etc). it just makes the road in the playoffs that much harder. Good luck NDSU, maybe sometime we will bring you back to Wash Griz (although not for a long time, maybe until everyone who was at the last game can't remember what happened anymore :smiley_wi )

Ronbo
December 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM
I am very happy with how the schedule is shaping up. We just need to get those folks from Missoula to get over to Fargo and try and beat us in our house!!

Just can't do it Wyo. Loses us 350,000K. Ouch!

OL FU
December 7th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Oct 28 @ Southern Utah
Nov 04 @ UC Davis
Nov 11 Cal Poly

Very nice, I am sure the FU game would be a home and home. Any idea which would be first. I think we have 10 games scheduled already. 5 home and 5 away in 2006.

WYOBISONMAN
December 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I would love a home and home with Furman! Let's hope the respective ADs can get it done... xprost2x xprost2x

JMU Duke Dog
December 7th, 2005, 04:01 PM
The N'eastern game was recently moved back a week, so I am guessing something is in the works for the 9/9 game, don't know who though, I do know 2/3 remaining dates need to be home games though

Any chance of NDSU visiting JMU on 9/9/06? I have no clue who JMU will have as nonconference opponents in 2006. Rumored teams have released their schedules and JMU does not appear on any of them. I know a lot of JMU fans and head coach Mickey Matthews will be ticked at the AD if the Dukes play a Division II for the third year in a row.

NDSU_grad
December 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Any chance of NDSU visiting JMU on 9/9/06? I have no clue who JMU will have as nonconference opponents in 2006. Rumored teams have released their schedules and JMU does not appear on any of them. I know a lot of JMU fans and head coach Mickey Matthews will be ticked at the AD if the Dukes play a Division II for the third year in a row.
I would certainly hope the NDSU AD would be receptive to a home-home with James Madison.

JMU Duke Dog
December 7th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I would certainly hope the NDSU AD would be receptive to a home-home with James Madison.

Unfortunately JMU would not be able to do a return game until probably 2009. I do not know if NDSU would want to wait that long.

SochorField
December 8th, 2005, 04:31 PM
OL FU,

I heard a rumor that UC Davis is also trying to get a game with Furman. 12 games for FU?

JALMOND
December 9th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Oct 28 @ Southern Utah
Nov 04 @ UC Davis
Nov 11 Cal Poly

Make your DII game a true regional and replace Concordia-SP with Concordia-Moorhead. Bet those Cobblers would love to come across the river.

Interesting matchup with Portland State. Have not heard anything on this side. Then again, the Portland media seems to think that if it doesn't pertain to the Ducks or Beavers, then it isn't news.

Gil Dobie
December 9th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Make your DII game a true regional and replace Concordia-SP with Concordia-Moorhead. Bet those Cobblers would love to come across the river.

Interesting matchup with Portland State. Have not heard anything on this side. Then again, the Portland media seems to think that if it doesn't pertain to the Ducks or Beavers, then it isn't news.

Concorida-MHD is DIII. NDSU did play MSU-Moorhead DII, twice during a 4 year contract. After 2 years the contract was cancelled.

1999 NDSU 71 - MSUM 20
2000 NDSU 80 - MSUM 0

Concordia does beat MSUM regularily though.

NDSU_grad
December 9th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Yeah, like Gil said Concordia-Moorhead is DIII. There's already some folks on the Bison board ready to hang our AD because of a DII on our schedule; scheduling a DIII would make things pretty ugly.

wsufan
December 9th, 2005, 11:38 AM
OMG, you guys are playing Concordia? Granted, they did win the conference this year, but Mr. Fantastic, James McNear III is done. This one will be done quickly.

The rest of schedule looks solid.