PDA

View Full Version : McNeese @ LSU - 2010?

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Is the rumor true?

Cal Poly v McNeese is off the table and the Pokes will now face LSU in 2010?

This is what was posted on KatFans.com by McTailGator. Can we get confirmation? No confirmation on GeauxCowboys that I have seen.

9-4...LAMAR
9-11...at Missouri
9-18...SOUTHERN
9-25...at LSU

3rd Coast Tiger
July 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
And give me my credit when you paste the link elsewhere. :D

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?s=10391744

McNeese vs. LSU in football?
Posted: May 19, 2009 6:49 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 08, 2009 2:14 PM CDT

By Tom Annino - bio | email

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - Wouldn't it be something?

McNeese State athletic director Tommy McClelland has confirmed the Cowboys are a candidate to play the LSU Tigers in either 2010 or 2011.

The Pokes aren't the only FCS team in the state of Louisiana to be considered. Fellow Southland Conference team Northwestern State is also being considered.

McClelland says LSU contacted him a couple of months ago and let him know MSU was being considered. Since then, they've been trying to work out the details.

"There's two questions that I get asked more than any other questions," McClelland said. "The first one was when are we going to get Southern back here? They owe us a game. The second one was will we ever get to play LSU in football? When you look at those two questions, that's obviously very important to the people in this area. It makes a lot of sense for us to be able to play a school like LSU. Fortunately, we're going to get Southern here in 2010. And now we have the opportunity to play LSU in either '10 or '11. We're still working out those details. But it's something McNeese fans have desired to see a long time, a matchup in which I consider to be two of the most successful programs in the last 35 years in their respective divisions."

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
No need to post it elsewhere. That's old news! ;)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59558

And KatMaster posted this link back on May 20 on KatFans.com...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/45576737.html?index=1&c=y

mikebigg
July 23rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Is the rumor true?

This is what was posted on KatFans.com by McTailGator. Can we get confirmation? No confirmation on GeauxCowboys that I have seen.

9-4...LAMAR
9-11...at Missouri
9-18...SOUTHERN
9-25...at LSU

If it was old news, why the hell were you asking for confirmation. Give the man his credit at least for letting you know it was true. Sad!!!!

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
If it was old news, why the hell were you asking for confirmation. Give the man his credit at least for letting you know it was true. Sad!!!!

The old news was what he posted - that LSU said they were going to play NWST and McNeese (instate schools). It had been said at LSU gatherings across the state, in the media, etc. We'd known that for some time.

The new news is that a date has been confirmed, 2010. Hard to believe that something of this would happen until you see it "signed, sealed and delivered". Have a hard time to think that LSU would pull out of this one now, if it is signed.

Mike, sometimes it is nice to read a post before just jumping on me. xnonono2x

3rd Coast Tiger
July 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM

xrulesx

McNeeserocket
July 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
Is the rumor true?

9-4...LAMAR
9-11...at Missouri
9-18...SOUTHERN
9-25...at LSU

I personally hope this is not true. This schedule is too brutal to have to follow up with conference play. All four games would be highly emotional games.

Lamar will be the first game of the renewed rivalry. The stadium should be packed and emotions high. Perhaps the game may not be competitive, being it is Lamar's first year competing in Football in about 20 years, but you never know with the hype and emotion. Lamar could pull off the upset.

Then we play Missouri (Big 12 FBS school) on the road. This is going to be a very hard game to win and maybe even to be competitive.

Then we have Southern at home in a game that probably will be the most emotional of the season. McNeese fans have wanted this game to happen for a long time and the stadium will be sold out and crazy. It will be a hard fought emotional game. In no way can anyone really predict the outcome of this game.

Then we have the LSU game in Baton Rouge in Tiger Stadium! Words can't describe the emotions for this game by Cowboy fans. We all have wanted it, but I have to say playing in addition to the aforementioned teams is crazy!

McNeese could actually start conference with an 0-4 record. Don't get me wrong because I know McNeese can play anyone tough. But 4 highly charged emotional games is not the way to start a season and have to then follow up with 7 conference games.

I don't care how good McNeese may be in 2010 (our 2010 defense should be the best it has been since 1997 if all the hyped players live up to what has been advertised) but with this schedule we may be looking at another 2004 losing year!

We would be better served by scheduling LSU in 2011 or re-scheduling Missouri for another year.

centexguy
July 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I doubt you guys will start out 0-4, but two road money games and two home sell-out games to start the season will definitely be good for McNeese State's coffers, not to mention the publicity these games will bring.

TexasTerror
July 23rd, 2009, 09:09 PM
Well - LSU is talking to UNC about playing in Atlanta. This would book their schedule complete pending what happens with Tulane...3rd Coast, feel free to credit for sharing, since I just posted new info. ;)

LSU will continue recent efforts to play marquee games to open the football regular season. According to Joe Schad of ESPN, the Tigers are close to finalizing a deal to face the University of North Carolina in Atlanta to start the 2010 campaign.

The game between the Tigers and Tar Heels would take place in the Georgia Dome as part of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic.

LSU is currently scheduled to face Tulane in the Louisiana Superdome to open 2010. However, negotiations have taken place between the in-state rivals to alter or end the 10-year contract. LSU has one remaining open date that could potentially be filled by the Green Wave.

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/lsu/174207-report-deal-for-lsu-unc-football-game-in-atlanta-close.html

mikebigg
July 24th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The old news was what he posted - that LSU said they were going to play NWST and McNeese (instate schools). It had been said at LSU gatherings across the state, in the media, etc. We'd known that for some time.

The new news is that a date has been confirmed, 2010. Hard to believe that something of this would happen until you see it "signed, sealed and delivered". Have a hard time to think that LSU would pull out of this one now, if it is signed.

Mike, sometimes it is nice to read a post before just jumping on me. xnonono2x

Damn... ain't that a twist. "Ain't as much fun when the rabbit has the gun"

"A tight shoe hurts when it's on your foot"... Quote from "Miss Frances" (MB's mom)

Hood
July 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
If LSU decides to officially play McNeese or NWST, I'll take back about 12% of every bad thing I've said about them.

TexasTerror
July 25th, 2009, 01:48 PM
If LSU decides to officially play McNeese or NWST, I'll take back about 12% of every bad thing I've said about them.

LSU has done a few things right as it relates to in-state schools in the other sports. It seems that whether it is UNO or Tulane, they attempt to get into the New Orleans area with all their sports.

Tulane's fan base is not big fans of LSU and their constant "shafting" of the Greenies.

McNeese72
July 25th, 2009, 11:04 PM
The rumor is very strong but I don't know if it is a done deal yet.

And, McNeeserocket, from what I have heard, if it happens, we will be playing both BCS Tigers that year because Matt wants to use the extra money to pay for some the relocation expenses necessary during the Field House renovation and construction. Some modular temporary buildings for some of the offices and the weight room or something like that. Don't remember the details.

Doc

TexasTerror
July 26th, 2009, 06:53 AM
What kind of payout would McNeese get?

It's a very short trip - no hotel needed, just a few busses - so I would not expect it to be much, but is it still going to be atleast $350k?