PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs 2010 style

drpnut
July 22nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Just want to remind everyone that in 2010 there will be 20 teams that get into the dance.

Who has the best shots from the new AQ conferences?

Liberty?
Albany?

Holla

BDKJMU
July 22nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Let's get through 09' 1st. xrolleyesx

Mountaineer
July 22nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Let's get through 09' 1st. xrolleyesx

No kidding. xlolx

Reminds of the stores setting up Christmas displays in July. Geez, let's concentrate on this year. xrolleyesx

Besides, any team from the NEC or Big South will be on the receiving end of a first round exit anyway. xsmiley_wix

danefan
July 22nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
No kidding. xlolx

Reminds of the stores setting up Christmas displays in July. Geez, let's concentrate on this year. xrolleyesx

Besides, any team from the NEC or Big South will be on the receiving end of a first round exit anyway. xsmiley_wix

Actually they probably won't, considering they'll likely be playing the PL, MEAC, or OVC champion or the last at-larges in. Now, after the opening round games are done, I would agree with you....

OL FU
July 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Those are probably good choices for the new AQs. I think the BSouth might be a little more wide open in 2010 than just Liberty with an improving VMI and Stonybrook thrown in for good measure. I suppose CCU is always a threat but there last two years have been like FUs last two years. Makes one scratch their head a little.

I think the more interesting question (at least for the rest of us is how that impacts the at larges). There have been a few years where the at large teams have been a stretch at the bottom. I think last year was a good example. I am not saying Maine shouldn't have go in because they were probably as deserving as anyone other than W&M (maybe), but I do believe they were a drop off from the rest of the selections.

Also, once you get down that far it adding two more teams probably opens the door for a lot of teams and a lot of criticism.

danefan
July 22nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Those are probably good choices for the new AQs. I think the BSouth might be a little more wide open in 2010 than just Liberty with an improving VMI and Stonybrook thrown in for good measure. I suppose CCU is always a threat but there last two years have been like FUs last two years. Makes one scratch their head a little.

I think the more interesting question (at least for the rest of us is how that impacts the at larges). There have been a few years where the at large teams have been a stretch at the bottom. I think last year was a good example. I am not saying Maine shouldn't have go in because they were probably as deserving as anyone other than W&M (maybe), but I do believe they were a drop off from the rest of the selections.

You probably would have seen W&M and Elon in at #'s 9 and 10 at-large, or maybe even a second OVC team.

OL FU
July 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
You probably would have seen W&M and Elon in at #'s 9 and 10 at-large, or maybe even a second OVC team.

I think you are right. I would have to go back and look at all the other teams would have qualified. don't have the energy. But 10 at larges opens up the door for more 7-4 teams and there are usually more 7-4 teams than 8-3

Mountaineer
July 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Only took two minutes. Not bad. xlolx

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4664/istockphoto6498583fishi.jpg

danefan
July 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Only took two minutes. Not bad. xlolx

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4664/istockphoto6498583fishi.jpg

xthumbsupx Did get me to post on here, which I haven't really done in a while.....must be good bait.

Mountaineer
July 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
xthumbsupx

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6275/necbait.jpg

danefan
July 22nd, 2009, 03:03 PM
xthumbsupx

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6275/necbait.jpg

Nice work! xthumbsupxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxbowxxbowxxbowx

aust42
July 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Everyone is going to be beotching about the CAA having 7-8 teams in the playoffs in 2010.

GannonFan
July 22nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Everyone is going to be beotching about the CAA having 7-8 teams in the playoffs in 2010.

Eh, 7 is a reach, but 6 could happen.

Watch out for years after that, though, as the CAA goes to 14 teams. Could possibly get 6-7 in a lot after that happens.

aust42
July 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM

Watch out for years after that, though, as the CAA goes to 14 teams. Could possibly get 6-7 in a lot after that happens.

I was exagerating but 7-8 teams could be realistic if they end up expanding the playoff field to 24 teams

danefan
July 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM

And then when the CAA expands to 16 and adds Albany and Fordham to the North, you'll likely have 7 teams that could have arguments for at-larges. xeekxxlolx

Dane96
July 22nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
I think Albany misses the 2010 race. We will be heavily rebuilding.

aceinthehole
July 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
I think Albany misses the 2010 race. We will be heavily rebuilding.

I hope you're right, but Albany will continue to be the favorite until someone can beat them. But 2010 is a full year away, so I won't venture a guess.

FYI - I heard the 2009 Sporting News NEC preview looks like this:

1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Sacred Heart
4. CCSU
5. RMU
6. Wagner
7. Duquesne
8. SFPA

IMO - Duquesne is too low, they could finish 2 or 3 spots higher. SHU does have a good QB, but I don't think they finish ahead of CCSU. Bryant will play a NEC full schedule and could get 2-3 wins to finish ahead of SFPA and possibly Wagner.

wideright82
July 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
And then when the CAA expands to 16 and adds Albany and Fordham to the North, you'll likely have 7 teams that could have arguments for at-larges. xeekxxlolx

Wait till the CAA West starts up in 2014.... once we gobble up the Big Sky and SoCon we'll likely get every at large there is xlolxxlolxxlolx

Silenoz
July 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
Actually they probably won't, considering they'll likely be playing the PL, MEAC, or OVC champion or the last at-larges in. Now, after the opening round games are done, I would agree with you....
If that is the case then we need all 20 teams seeded asap