PDA

View Full Version : ASU Graduation time Changed

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM
http://www.web.appstate.edu/announcements/2005/graduation.html

I think a lot of fans saw this coming. I still think it's going to be tough to sell the Rock out. Of course, IF we can somehow manage to find 4,300 more fans than we had for the freezing/rainy quarterfinal game against a team from 550 miles away, we ought to outdo the attendance of the TSU/UNI game.

The weather will be better, the game is bigger stakes, the opponent is Furman. I still don't think this tops the 25,584 that showed up for the Old Mountain Jug game. I do think the old home playoff attendance record (14,621 - Marshall @ ASU, semifinals, 12/12/87) will be broken.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=995&stc=1

FUwolfpacker
December 6th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Glad to hear the graduation has been moved to 6 pm. Should make getting in and out of Boone a little easier.

By the way.....nice banner HiHiYikas! Very impressive! Did you design that or did you get it from somewhere?

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I think we'll see 15-18k for this one, with Furman bringing over a thousand. These numbers are misleading though because even though we set the attendance record vs. WCU many of those in attendance were "passive" fans who undoubtably love ASU but just aren't that loud (and drunk). With our student section being as jacked as we are, KBS will be louder than ever this weekend. Any Furman fan thinking they will turn this into a "home" game for the Paladins is completely delusional. Last Saturdays crowd was continually the loudest I think I've ever heard at KBS and I think it was obvious at times that we got the defense goin'. Considering the weather, I was impressed with the 11,000 odd diehards that we have. GO MOUNTAINEERS!

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Glad to hear the graduation has been moved to 6 pm. Should make getting in and out of Boone a little easier.

By the way.....nice banner HiHiYikas! Very impressive! Did you design that or did you get it from somewhere?

...and do you mind if I steal it? :D

KiddBrewer
December 6th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I think we'll see 15-18k for this one, with Furman bringing over a thousand. These numbers are misleading though because even though we set the attendance record vs. WCU many of those in attendance were "passive" fans who undoubtably love ASU but just aren't that loud (and drunk). With our student section being as jacked as we are, KBS will be louder than ever this weekend. Any Furman fan thinking they will turn this into a "home" game for the Paladins is completely delusional. Last Saturdays crowd was continually the loudest I think I've ever heard at KBS and I think it was obvious at times that we got the defense goin'. Considering the weather, I was impressed with the 11,000 odd diehards that we have. GO MOUNTAINEERS!

I agree completely that it was the loudest its been, possibly ever. I dont know if you noticed, but the players on the bench were almost like fans in the stands, cheering on the fans, yelling, and completely enjoying the loudness. There is no doubt it got the defense up and even caused some false starts. And as loud as it was last week, it will be that much louder against furman. Clear skys, ESPN2, The Rivalry, a trip to Chatty....it doesnt get any bigger than this for us die hard fans!

GGASU
December 6th, 2005, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=ASU Kep]I think we'll see 15-18k for this one, with Furman bringing over a thousand. [QUOTE]

At least the "vistor side" won't look like it did on tv last week. Furman is bringing their band, and the ASU ticket office has agreed to let the furman students in for $5 and sit together in the east stands (section #9 became unavailable today, so I am assuming they are sitting there)

Hopefully ASU faithful will fill up the rest of the east side seats.

FUwolfpacker
December 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=GGASU]At least the "vistor side" won't look like it did on tv last week. Furman is bringing their band, and the ASU ticket office has agreed to let the furman students in for $5 and sit together in the east stands (section #9 became unavailable today, so I am assuming they are sitting there) QUOTE]

Yep, tickets just started being passed out around 20 mins ago. Almost 50 students picked up tickets inside the first half hour, so hopefully we'll have a good sized group coming up.

On another note, I don't think any Furman fan (I take that back, we have a few screwballs) thinks we'll be able to turn this into a "home" game. The two times I've been to KBS (my freshman and junior year....miracle on the mountain and last year), there hasn't been a shortage of black and gold.

Hope you guys sell a lot of tickets, and I'm looking forward to the trip!

LarryBoy
December 6th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I think we're shooting for enough people (and loud enough people) to remind our guys that there are actually fans supporting them. That can be a hard thing to remember at a place like Kidd Brewer.

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 04:42 PM
At least Richie Williams will have one good thing happen to him on Saturday, he'll get to walk at graduation.

Kudos to him and all the other ASU players who completed their educations and will graduate on Saturday!

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2005, 04:48 PM

I designed it - thanks. . .

I am afraid that this is the first time it's been visible in one of my posts, though. . .I first posted it 2 or 3 days ago and I've used it about a dozen times now. I'm much better at designing stuff than seeing that said stuff actually makes it onto the web successfully.

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2005, 04:50 PM
...and do you mind if I steal it? :D

Use it all you want. . .credit me if it's a crediting situation.

glad you like it. . .

Incidentally, my whole "Game of the Week" thread from a few days ago really doesn't make much sense if the banners don't show up.