PDA

View Full Version : More Portland State woes

JALMOND
July 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Tygue Howland succumbs to the injury bug once again...

www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2009/07/portland_state_quarterback_tyg.html

Combined with the resignation of Mouse Davis (was there some friction between him and Jerry Glanville?), the injury to Mario D'Ambrosio (possibly season ending), receivers Fry and Woods not paying attention to their studies and being ineligible, the continued uncertainty as to what offense will take the field at Oregon State...

I am constantly surprised at the experts picking us as a "surprise" this year. I will probably be "surprised" if we win a conference game this year.

Howland was penciled in as backup to Hubel this year, but Howland has always been described as having "huge potential". The new backup, Kavanaugh, also has potential (he and Hubel both put on a whale of a ball game in the Oregon Shrine football game a couple years back), but Kavanaugh is small (5-11 as compared to both Hubel 6-6 and Howland 6-3).

crossfire07
July 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I feel for their fans. It is going to be a LONGGGGGGG year.

GOKATS
July 17th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Damn, hate to see the injury bug hit any player, and PSU definitely doesn't need any more bad news. Hang in there, hopefully good things are coming.xthumbsupx

Green26
July 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Who's going to replace Davis as the offensive coordinator?

CrazyCat
July 18th, 2009, 02:38 PM
This is from July 7th

Portland State:
Sources tell FootballCoachScoop that Offensive Line coach Jim Craft and Wide Receiver coach Kevin Strasser have expressed interest in
succeeding Mouse Davis as Offensive Coordinator. FootballCoachScoop has been told Robin Pflugrad and Willamette HC Mark
Speckman have met with Head Coach Jerry Glanville for the position of Offensive Coordinator as we reported on June 17. Pflugrad is the
one Glanville continues to be focused on to join the staff.

http://www.footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

Then there is this one from the 15th

Portland State: We are hearing Portland State could be close to hiring a new offensive line coach with Big 12 playing experience and ACC coaching experience.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 19th, 2009, 10:48 AM
...Combined with the resignation of Mouse Davis (was there some friction between him and Jerry Glanville?)...

I don't think so. Remember Mouse is almost 80, a pretty ripe age for anyone trying to coach. I'd bet that he's still very active in the program, just not as a day-to-day coach anymore.