PDA

View Full Version : I-AA parity.

Tribe4SF
December 6th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Of four semifinalists, only Furman made the playoffs last year, and they went out in first round. Southland is the only conference to return to semis. Only one semifinalist from last year made the field, and they went out in first round. Eight new teams made the playoffs.

I-AA......where there's always hope! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

LarryBoy
December 6th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Of four semifinalists, only Furman made the playoffs last year, and they went out in first round.

Or the second round....not that it matters or anything.

bandl
December 6th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Of four semifinalists, only Furman made the playoffs last year, and they went out in first round. Southland is the only conference to return to semis. Only one semifinalist from last year made the field, and they went out in first round. Eight new teams made the playoffs.

I-AA......where there's always hope! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Furman lost in the second round to JMU. Doesn't change the parity of it all though!

AppGuy04
December 6th, 2005, 07:51 AM
someone tell GSU please! :bang:

Hansel
December 6th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Funny how the SLC has sent different teams to the Semi's the last two years but are often forgotten when mentioning the top conferences

LacesOut
December 6th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Of the four remaining teams, which school has not won a National Championship???

bandl
December 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Of the four remaining teams, which school has not won a National Championship???
UNI, ASU & TXST

MarkCCU
December 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
hey Laces who is that chick in your picture?

LacesOut
December 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM
UNI, ASU & TXST

Thanks. So whom do I root for...........

Mark - It's Sara Evans, country music singer. Here is the full pic, I had trouble sizing it down to my avatar.

http://photos.lacoccinelle.net/58/69/185869.jpg

bandl
December 6th, 2005, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=LacesOut]Thanks. So whom do I root for...........QUOTE]

You root for the team that has the least annoying AGS posters...

HA!!! :p

LacesOut
December 6th, 2005, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=LacesOut]Thanks. So whom do I root for...........QUOTE]

You root for the team that has the least annoying AGS posters...

HA!!! :p

Good one, bro.

Texas State then? LOL

MarkCCU
December 6th, 2005, 12:16 PM
was there any question? of course Texas

TXST_CAT
December 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
was there any question? of course Texas

You mean Texas State. :smiley_wi

AppGuy04
December 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM
You mean Texas State. :smiley_wi

no Texas, everyone on here has annoying fans :smiley_wi

GtFllsGriz
December 6th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Anybody but Texas State. They haven't been on the big radar screen long enough to have lived through the huge ups and downs of "the ride." They are not deserving!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

It is hard to pick one here. I have always liked Furman because of their small size and their institution in general. They have been there before though....

Appy State has paid their dues and deserving.

The Panthers, still remember their trip to Missoula but still deserving.

Texas State, it just seems like the Big Sky and the Southland are kind of like neighbors since we play each other alot in the playoffs. I have liked every team they sent north. Love their style of play. Looks like the Griz of old. They are passionate about their team.

I-AA Fan
December 6th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Funny how the SLC has sent different teams to the Semi's the last two years but are often forgotten when mentioning the top conferences

In recent history (since the late 90's), I think that has more to with McNeese being down & Troy leaving. Aside from those two, the conference has not had any real consistent power since the focus shifted from Texas clubs to Louisiana clubs. Nothing against the LA boys, just an observation.

McNeese75
December 6th, 2005, 08:42 PM
In recent history (since the late 90's), I think that has more to with McNeese being down & Troy leaving. Aside from those two, the conference has not had any real consistent power since the focus shifted from Texas clubs to Louisiana clubs. Nothing against the LA boys, just an observation.

Exactly where was the "real consistent power" before the "Focus shifted from the Texas Clubs"???? :confused:

This should be interesting :nod:

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Anybody but Texas State. They haven't been on the big radar screen long enough to have lived through the huge ups and downs of "the ride." They are not deserving!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

It is hard to pick one here. I have always liked Furman because of their small size and their institution in general. They have been there before though....

Appy State has paid their dues and deserving.

The Panthers, still remember their trip to Missoula but still deserving.

Texas State, it just seems like the Big Sky and the Southland are kind of like neighbors since we play each other alot in the playoffs. I have liked every team they sent north. Love their style of play. Looks like the Griz of old. They are passionate about their team.

Its not trip.....but....TRIPS...... :)

MCFAN
December 7th, 2005, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure we've been down since the late 90s, we won the SLC in 2001,2002 & 2003 and advanced to the finals in 2002. I will admit 04 & 05 have been a struggle, hopefully that will turn around next year.