PDA

View Full Version : Expanded playoffs???

appstate38
July 13th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Is this the year when we expand the playoffs to 20 teams? Does the Big South get an autobid this year as a result????

Sorry guys..... Suffering from an extreme case of CRS!!!!:D

AshevilleApp2
July 13th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Is this the year when we expand the playoffs to 20 teams? Does the Big South get an autobid this year as a result????

Sorry guys..... Suffering from an extreme case of CRS!!!!:D

I think it's next year.

Now for the bad news. I just checked the ECU website and it looks like there won't be any single game tickets available for the game on September 5th. #$%#. I've had a room booked for months. I'm going anyway.

TexasTerror
July 13th, 2009, 08:49 AM
2010. The playoffs expand with the NEC getting an AQ. Can not recall Big South's status.

The only thing this year is the "bridge" is in place should an NEC team meet the requirements and they would get in.

JMU Newbill
July 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
If it ain't broke.....

SideLine Shooter
July 13th, 2009, 09:16 AM
If it ain't broke.....

Exactly, but the ncaa will find a way.

gophoenix
July 13th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I think it's next year.

Now for the bad news. I just checked the ECU website and it looks like there won't be any single game tickets available for the game on September 5th. #$%#. I've had a room booked for months. I'm going anyway.

Wake Forest did the same with us, cheapest on stub hub is $90 right now.

jmufan999
July 13th, 2009, 09:28 AM
If it ain't broke.....

it's a little broke(n)...

but only a little.

kdinva
July 13th, 2009, 09:34 AM
2010. The playoffs expand with the NEC getting an AQ. Can not recall Big South's status.

The only thing this year is the "bridge" is in place should an NEC team meet the requirements and they would get in.
uh, yes, the Big South is the other conf. along with the NEC that gets an auto-bid in 2010, expanding the field to a total of 20.

kdinva
July 13th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I think it's next year.

I thought always the home team allocated XXXX tickets for the visitors......sold through the visiting team's ticket office......

Husky Alum
July 13th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I thought always the home team allocated XXXX tickets for the visitors......sold through the visiting team's ticket office......

It's negotiated during the game contracting process, and varies.

When you play Army, they give your school a large block of tickets en lieu of a guarantee.

There's an NCAA requirement that the visiting team get a set number of tickets (I think it's 2 per player) for comps for the players' families/friends, but outside of that, it's up to the schools to negotiate themselves.

Certain conferences have requirements that the home team provide a set number of tickets aside for sale to visiting team fans - I believe the CAA does.

AshevilleApp2
July 13th, 2009, 09:53 AM

They do. But ours will go to Yosef Club members, and I'm too cheap to join. xlolx

biggie
July 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Wake Forest did the same with us, cheapest on stub hub is $90 right now.
If I find anyone around getting rid of those tickets I'll try to let the Elon fans know on here (I work at WF).

I'm wondering if App sold all their ECU tickets. We added a 5th ECU ticket to our season order last week without a problem.