PDA

View Full Version : SOLD OUT!

TxState_GO_CATS!
December 5th, 2005, 11:41 PM
As of 10:30 PM on Monday, December 5, 2005, the game between the UNI Panthers and the Texas State Bobcats is SOOOOOLD OUT!! :hurray:

pt_prodigy
December 6th, 2005, 12:10 AM
As of 10:30 PM on Monday, December 5, 2005, the game between the UNI Panthers and the Texas State Bobcats is SOOOOOLD OUT!! :hurray:

i bought my ticket at 3pm....yikes!!! :eek:

SoCon48
December 6th, 2005, 05:24 AM
How large is the stadium?

Tribe4SF
December 6th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Their attendance last week was 15,411. Also a sellout.

saint0917
December 6th, 2005, 07:09 AM
That's great, now, who do I cheer for, I like both teams :confused:

Tribe4SF
December 6th, 2005, 07:21 AM
This game puts Texas State on the map. Tremendous exposure for this lesser known school.

ChickenMan
December 6th, 2005, 07:48 AM
This game puts Texas State on the map. Tremendous exposure for this lesser known school.

I have to root for Texas St... great fan support and with all those seniors... it may be a long time before they have another shot to get to Chattanooga.

GoGSU
December 6th, 2005, 07:49 AM
me too.....they put us out....gotta root for Tex State :nod:

AppGuy04
December 6th, 2005, 07:50 AM
:hyped: There's no such thing in Boone!!!

Cocky
December 6th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Texas where football is king.

Good Job Texas State. This will look good on TV.

GGASU
December 6th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Great job selling the stadium out so early!!

Sadly we still have plenty of seats available in Kidd Brewer. waa waa

Hopefully we will sell all of the seats out at least.

AppGuy04
December 6th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Great job selling the stadium out so early!!

Sadly we still have plenty of seats available in Kidd Brewer. waa waa

Hopefully we will sell all of the seats out at least.

little harder to sell wind chill in the teens or less

blueballs
December 6th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Congratulations are in order for the Texas State program and their community for the team's success and the community's support. Good job!

Hansel
December 6th, 2005, 08:17 AM
do they have any portable bleachers they could put in the endzones?

GGASU
December 6th, 2005, 08:18 AM
The low in San Marcos on Friday is 30 degrees.

We have no excuses, sunny and high 30's is the forecast.

I never heard any Montana fans complain about the weather. They would sell out a semi final game if there was 4 feet of snow on the ground and they all had to ski to the stadium.

AppGuy04
December 6th, 2005, 08:18 AM
do they have any portable bleachers they could put in the endzones?

from what i hear, the NCAA wouldn't allow this

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Nice Work!!! Should be lots of fun!!!! :)

dbackjon
December 6th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Good job, Texas State!!

TXST_CAT
December 6th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I will admitt I am a bit worried about this situation. Their are lots of fans (myself included) who have ordered tickets with no response yet. Word has it ticket brokers and scalpers purchased large blocks of tickets. If this is true and those tickets are not distributed then we might not have the same atmosphere as last week. :splat:

SU Jag
December 6th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Great job Texas State! I love to see the d-1AA teams doing well! Maybe things like this will finally show the major tv stations that Division 1-A football isnt the only college football in America. :hurray:

Dallas Demon
December 6th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I will admitt I am a bit worried about this situation. Their are lots of fans (myself included) who have ordered tickets with no response yet. Word has it ticket brokers and scalpers purchased large blocks of tickets. If this is true and those tickets are not distributed then we might not have the same atmosphere as last week. :splat:

And to think I was actually considering making the trip down for the game. The stadium certainly looks great full on ESPN, nice job.

What everyone should realize is that San Marcos is right smack in the middle of Austin and San Antonio on I-35. Millions of folks live within 40-50 miles of San Marcos (north and south). The potential is huge for attendance figures should Texas St. continue to roll in the future.

LacesOut
December 6th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Sweet.

Good luck also, to both teams.

BTW, the fans for last Saturdays game came across the TV as very very loud and boisterous. For the GSU game also. So I'm sure this Friday night that stadium will be hella rocking.

UDBlueLotFan
December 6th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I have enjoyed watching Tx.St. the last couple wks. Beautiful stadium. Reminds me of a mini Aggie stadium. Too bad there's a track around it.

GtFllsGriz
December 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Congrats Texas State!! Your stadium looked awesome last week with such a great crowd. I was disappointed in the other sites with all the empty seats.

GGASU said it correctly when he mentioned that the Griz would have a full house no matter what the weather was.

The opportunity to play in the semi's and the championship does not come often. I would hope ASU has a full house as well for this game.

Good luck Bobcats! Enjoy the ride.

UD1993
December 6th, 2005, 12:01 PM
great job down there in bobcat land. this blue hen hopes you win!

Granite
December 6th, 2005, 12:28 PM
from what i hear, the NCAA wouldn't allow this

UNH brought in portable bleachers and set them up behind the endzones for both the 1st round and quarterfinal games, so if it isn't allowed, it wasn't enforced.

Congratulations as well to Texas State. My wife, who isn't necessarily a sophisticated I-AA football fan, was impressed by the quality of the Bobcats' facility when we were watching the game on TV.

Of course, her only exposure to I-AA football has been Cowell Stadium..... :rolleyes:

TXST_CAT
December 6th, 2005, 12:35 PM
UNH brought in portable bleachers and set them up behind the endzones for both the 1st round and quarterfinal games, so if it isn't allowed, it wasn't enforced.

Do you have a fence behind the endzones? We don't. I think ESPN and the NCAA is concerned fans will cause an incident on National TV. Kind of like the Eagles game. It's to bad though because the demand for tickets has been crazy good.

Granite
December 6th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Do you have a fence behind the endzones? We don't. I think ESPN and the NCAA is concerned fans will cause an incident on National TV. Kind of like the Eagles game. It's to bad though because the demand for tickets has been crazy good.

Nope. No permanent fence in front of the bleachers. I think they set up a portable barrier, but nothing that couldn't have been easily breached if the fans had wanted to.

TXST_CAT
December 6th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Congrats Texas State!! Your stadium looked awesome last week with such a great crowd. I was disappointed in the other sites with all the empty seats.

GGASU said it correctly when he mentioned that the Griz would have a full house no matter what the weather was.

The opportunity to play in the semi's and the championship does not come often. I would hope ASU has a full house as well for this game.

Good luck Bobcats! Enjoy the ride.

Thanks! If we keep taking care of business we could possibly be witnessing the birth of a powerhouse team. Bailiff realy knows what he wants to accomplish here at TXST. The tough part is fighting away universities that want him. It seems every time we get a good coach another university comes along and scoops them up. Bailiff is different in he wants to be here. This is his Alma Mater and he wants to bring the pride back. If we keep him happy and he keeps winning like this look for TXST to expand the stadium in the not so far future. One can hope right!! :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

December 6th, 2005, 12:43 PM
... I was disappointed in the other sites with all the empty seats...At UNH they filled the home side to the brim:

TXST_CAT
December 6th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Nope. No permanent fence in front of the bleachers. I think they set up a portable barrier, but nothing that couldn't have been easily breached if the fans had wanted to.

Wow I guess our AD is just a stickler for rules. To bad though it would be nice to see the track coverd with seats Even if temporary it would give us an idea of what could be future seating. The University long term plan has a segment about the football stadium. It calls for the track to be removed and additional seating to be brought in. Enclosing the north and south endzones and completing what some call a bocked oval staduim. I think the plan also calls for the field to be lowered as well. This is all just long term planning but it would be great to see it completed. Of course we need to have the fan support first and that will require a few more winning seasons such as this years. :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

GtFllsGriz
December 6th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks Ralph. I didn't know that. One of the biggest problems with the stadiums having all or most of the seating on one side is that is also where the TV cameras are placed. So you spend most of the time looking at a stadium that looks like it is for a high school team.

Brent
December 6th, 2005, 04:42 PM
From one Bobcat fan, just like to say thanks for the support from other I-AA programs around the country. I hope what we are doing is a sign of whats to come in the future from the Texas State football team and fans.

FYI, we could have sold out a 25,000 seat stadium for Fridays game. The demand for these tickets is unreal.

Hope for a good game on Friday and another Bobcat win!!

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/images/smiles/signs.gifhttp://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/images/smiles/signs.gif

Cap'n Cat
December 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
From one Bobcat fan, just like to say thanks for the support from other I-AA programs around the country. I hope what we are doing is a sign of whats to come in the future from the Texas State football team and fans.

FYI, we could have sold out a 25,000 seat stadium for Fridays game. The demand for these tickets is unreal.

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/images/smiles/signs.gifhttp://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/images/smiles/signs.gif

Texas State and UNI are the real deal this year!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

ThreadStopper
December 6th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Nothing like home cooking! Good luck Bobcats!

blackfordpu
December 6th, 2005, 09:18 PM

Hey brent, where did you get those special smilies? :hurray:

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2005, 10:54 PM
this game is most definitely banner-worthy

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM
people love the NIU joke....... :confused:

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2005, 11:25 PM
people love the NIU joke....... :confused:

Are you guys sure one side of your helmet doesn't look like this? :doh:

Chi Panther
December 6th, 2005, 11:32 PM
It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others on here.

Although I take the time to correct people in person when they don't say UNI.....I have come to understand that people outside of the GFC and MVC call us Northern Iowa and everyone inside the conference circle calls us UNI.

When I lived in Chicago.....not a single person at my work would say....oh, he went to UNI.......its oh....he went to Northern Iowa......

I don't get it....and won't try too...... xidiotx

crunifan
December 7th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I don't like it how the media calls us Northern Iowa. I think all of our jerseys and all that should say UNI. It's just so uncommon you hear it called Northern Iowa. I think we should inform the media we are to be called UNI from now on! xlolx

December 7th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I don't like it how the media calls us Northern Iowa. I think all of our jerseys and all that should say UNI. It's just so uncommon you hear it called Northern Iowa. I think we should inform the media we are to be called UNI from now on! xlolx xlolx Uh, University of Northern Iowa is the name... Northern Iowa for short first reference, not UNI. I'll always say Northern Iowa first so people know whom I am talking about.

CanuckPanther
December 7th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Oh oh....I graduated from UNI (well, not really, from SCI, and had entered ISTC) but I still say I graduated from Northern Iowa. Did not realized I had committed a faux pas......

CanuckPanther
December 7th, 2005, 12:44 AM
BTW, congrats Texas State on the early sell out!
GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

crunifan
December 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM
xlolx Uh, University of Northern Iowa is the name... Northern Iowa for short first reference, not UNI. I'll always say Northern Iowa first so people know whom I am talking about.

Yeah, well University of Southern California and University of California-Los Angeles are the names too, but USC and UCLA are far more common. Same with UAB.

In my experience UNI is referred to be it's three letters far more often than other schools (Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, etc.) use theirs. It's so bad that my grandma actually asked me if I had heard of "Northern Iowa." I told her that was my school, and she said "Why would they call it that? Everyone knows of it as UNI, that is just confusing!"

I guess also, that part of me thinks UNI is more "sophisticated." Northern Iowa gives the impression we are just a small directional state school up in North Iowa. UNI seems to get past that stereotype.

HiHiYikas
December 7th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, well University of Southern California and University of California-Los Angeles are the names too, but USC and UCLA are far more common. Same with UAB. . .

I guess also, that part of me thinks UNI is more "sophisticated." Northern Iowa gives the impression we are just a small directional state school up in North Iowa. UNI seems to get past that stereotype.
Most schools establish usage standards and publish them in style manuals. These books typically specify what is the preferred way to say the name of the school, what other versions are also acceptable, and which versions are to be avoided.

I remember reading someplace that "App State" should never be used...at least not officially.

newsbreaker
December 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
UNI created our own mess in this regard.

A few years ago, about the time they replaced the large Panther at Midfield with the "NI" logo, someone decided that UNI sounded "small" and wasn't memorable (or some crap like that) and that we were ONLY to be called Northern Iowa. NI went on everything, for about a year.

Then they realized we not only sounded like a directional, but that some people thought we were Northern Iowa COLLEGE, so they edict was passed down to include UNIVERSITY in EVERYTHING. That's when the "U" logo came out, followed later by the current one.

UNI has had a funky marketing message for a while, but seems to have settled in now. I call it UNI more times then not.

Brent
December 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Hey brent, where did you get those special smilies? :hurray:

I made them for my site, BobcatFans.com.

WUTNDITWAA
December 7th, 2005, 04:30 PM
I remember reading someplace that "App State" should never be used...at least not officially.

hmmmm. www.appstate.edu.

crunifan
December 7th, 2005, 06:59 PM
UNI created our own mess in this regard.

A few years ago, about the time they replaced the large Panther at Midfield with the "NI" logo, someone decided that UNI sounded "small" and wasn't memorable (or some crap like that) and that we were ONLY to be called Northern Iowa. NI went on everything, for about a year.

Then they realized we not only sounded like a directional, but that some people thought we were Northern Iowa COLLEGE, so they edict was passed down to include UNIVERSITY in EVERYTHING. That's when the "U" logo came out, followed later by the current one.

UNI has had a funky marketing message for a while, but seems to have settled in now. I call it UNI more times then not.

I was wondering you thought up that stupid interlocking NI with the U logo, looks so tacky. Well, hopefully in time it will go away, I just get annoyed seeing on ESPN our name N Iowa. I want it UNI!!!

HiHiYikas
December 7th, 2005, 07:00 PM
hmmmm. www.appstate.edu.

That's an interesting exception. Probably an instance of how the rules get looser when it comes to choosing a URL. And "official use" tends to mean things like letterhead, diplomas, course bulletins, dissertation covers, etc.

I knew I had read this someplace:

Name of the University
The first text reference in any manuscript or publication should always be to “Appalachian State University.” After that, “Appalachian” or “the University” may be used. “ASU” is to be avoided. “App State” and “Appy State” should be banished.

http://www.printing.appstate.edu/graphicstd.htm