PDA

View Full Version : FCS Head Coach Mount Rushmore

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 01:56 PM
If you had to select 4 heads to put on the FCS Coaches Mount Rushmore who would you select? They had to have coached on a I-AA/FCS team since 1978 and can still be coaching to be eligible.

Here are the four I would select.

Roy Kidd, Eastern Kentucky
Kidd was named the head coach at EKU in 1964 and led the Colonels to 16 OVC titles, 4 straight national title appearances, and won 2 national titles (79, 82). He also led them to a national record 17 NCAA playoff appearances and won OVC Coach of the Year honors 10 times, named national coach of the year twice. He posted a 314-124-8 overall record and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2003. At the time of his retirements he was the 6th all-time winningest coach in NCAA history with 315 victories and saw the EKU stadium named after him in his honor.

Jerry Moore, Appalachian State
Moore has had a bumpy road at times but overall has been one of the most consistent head coaches in FCS history. He led Appalachian State to their first national championship in 2005 and is the only coach to win 3 straight national championships (05-07). He won the 2006 Eddie Robinson Award after leading the Apps to a 10-1 regular season record and held the No. 1 ranking from TSN for most of the year. He is also a 3-time AFCA Coach of the Year (05-07), 5-time AFCA Regional Coach of the Year (94-95, 05-06, 08), and a 6-time SoCon Coach of the Year (91, 94-95, 05-06, 08). and has a 205-121-2 overall head coaching record.

Eddie Robinson, Grambling State
Robinson must be on this list as he is the man the Eddie Robinson Award is named after. He led GSU to a 8-2 overall record in 1979 and the final No. 1 ranking in 1979 but did not compete in the playoffs. He retired as college football's all-time winningest coach with a record of 408-164-15, surpassing Paul "Bear" Bryant for most victories on October 5, 1985 when Grambling State defeated Prairie View A&M. He after 57 years of coaching following the 1997 season. Because of Robinson, Grambling State has become one of the most prolific "training camps" for professional football, having sent more than 300 players to pro camps, including more than 200 who have played in the NFL. Robinson coached players such as former Super Bowl MVP and former Grambling State head coach Doug Williams, Charlie Joiner, Frank Lewis, Essex Johnson, Billy Newsome and John Mendenhall.

Erk Russell, Georgia Southern
Russel won the 1989 Eddie Robinson Award and led GSU to its first undefeated regular season in modern history and 3rd national title. They finished the season never winning a game by less than 8 points and a 24.7 margin of victory. They beat Villanova (52-36), Middle Tennessee State (45-3) and Montana (45-15), before winning an exciting final against Stephen F. Austin (37-34) in the title game. He retired following the 1989 season with an 8 year record of 83-22-1 (.788) and 3 national championships before passing away on September 8th, 2006.

HONORABLE MENTION
James Donnelly, MTSU
Mickey Matthews, James Madison (2-time Robinson winner)
Jim Tressel, Youngstown State (3 NCs, very close to making it)

Who would you select? List your four and why.

Appinator
July 12th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I am not so sure you can leave off Jim Tressel

Winning 3 NC's himself, Tressel's overall record at Youngstown was 135–57–2. He was also named Division I-AA Coach of the Year in ’91, ’93, ’94 and ’97.

If I had to bump off one of those 4, it would be Matthews for Tressel. Matthews is a phenomenal coach, but his overall record and NC totals don't add up to equal or surpass the "vest".

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I am not so sure you can leave off Jim Tressel

Winning 3 NC's himself, Tressel's overall record at Youngstown was 135–57–2. He was also named Division I-AA Coach of the Year in ’91, ’93, ’94 and ’97.

If I had to bump off one of those 4, it would be Matthews for Tressel. Matthews is a phenomenal coach, but his overall record and NC totals don't add up to equal or surpass the "vest".

Actually just made a change to the list to put the man most deserving after Robinson. Sorry for missing him initially!

Appinator
July 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM
It was tough to pick them. I automatically put a 2-time winner of an award on my lists because of how difficult it is to accomplish that.

No doubt about it, it's a difficult task. I agree 100% with your list as well, it's just hard to not include one of the staples of then I-AA football at the head coaching level for an entire decade.

ncbears
July 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM
If you had to select 4 heads to put on the FCS Coaches Mount Rushmore who would you select? They had to have coached on a I-AA/FCS team since 1978 and can still be coaching to be eligible.

Kidd was named the head coach at EKU in 1964 and led the Colonels to 16 OVC titles, 4 straight national title appearances, and won 2 national titles (79, 82). He also led them to a national record 17 NCAA playoff appearances and won OVC Coach of the Year honors 10 times, named national coach of the year twice. He posted a 314-124-8 overall record and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2003. At the time of his retirements he was the 6th all-time winningest coach in NCAA history with 315 victories and saw the EKU stadium named after him in his honor.

Moore has had a bumpy road at times but overall has been one of the most consistent head coaches in FCS history. He led Appalachian State to their first national championship in 2005 and is the only coach to win 3 straight national championships (05-07). He won the 2006 Eddie Robinson Award after leading the Apps to a 10-1 regular season record and held the No. 1 ranking from TSN for most of the year. He is also a 3-time AFCA Coach of the Year (05-07), 5-time AFCA Regional Coach of the Year (94-95, 05-06, 08), and a 6-time SoCon Coach of the Year (91, 94-95, 05-06, 08). and has a 205-121-2 overall head coaching record.

Robinson must be on this list as he is the man the Eddie Robinson Award is named after. He led GSU to a 8-2 overall record in 1979 and the final No. 1 ranking in 1979 but did not compete in the playoffs. He retired as college football's all-time winningest coach with a record of 408-164-15, surpassing Paul "Bear" Bryant for most victories on October 5, 1985 when Grambling State defeated Prairie View A&M. He after 57 years of coaching following the 1997 season. Because of Robinson, Grambling State has become one of the most prolific "training camps" for professional football, having sent more than 300 players to pro camps, including more than 200 who have played in the NFL. Robinson coached players such as former Super Bowl MVP and former Grambling State head coach Doug Williams, Charlie Joiner, Frank Lewis, Essex Johnson, Billy Newsome and John Mendenhall.

Russel won the 1989 Eddie Robinson Award and led GSU to its first undefeated regular season in modern history and 3rd national title. They finished the season never winning a game by less than 8 points and a 24.7 margin of victory. They beat Villanova (52-36), Middle Tennessee State (45-3) and Montana (45-15), before winning an exciting final against Stephen F. Austin (37-34) in the title game. He retired following the 1989 season with an 8 year record of 83-22-1 (.788) and 3 national championships before passing away on September 8th, 2006.

HONORABLE MENTION
James Donnelly, MTSU
Joe Glenn, Montana

Joe Glenn as an honorable mention? I disagree.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Joe Glenn as an honorable mention? I disagree.

I listed him because he did win a NC and Robinson Award and I knew he would be brought up by Montana people. The goal was to mention everyone that would be brought up.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Paul Johnson has to at least get an honorable mention. There are only five head coaches (Tressel, Russell, Kidd, Moore, and Johnson) that won more than one championship and he is one of them. He also had a hand in GSU's first two championships as an offensive coordinator. Erk was an amazing coach but too often people overlook the role PJ played in the early GSU days. Erk and PJ were certainly a heck of a coaching duo.

He also has an ER award and he produced (arguably) the best FCS/IAA offense of all time in that 1999 GSU team.

Also, if you include Eddie Robinson, you should also include Tubby Raymond.

MR. CHICKEN
July 12th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I listed him because he did win a NC and Robinson Award and I knew he would be brought up by Montana people. The goal was to mention everyone that would be brought up.

YOU DIDN'T THINK....TUBBY RAYMOND' NAME....WOULD BE BROUGHT UP......xconfusedx......AWK!

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM
[/B]

YOU DIDN'T THINK....TUBBY RAYMOND' NAME....WOULD BE BROUGHT UP......xconfusedx......AWK!

He did not have a NC or Robinson Award so I really didn't.

MR. CHICKEN
July 12th, 2009, 03:11 PM
TUBBY WAS 300-119-3......3 NC'S....ONE OF WHICH WAS 1979.....AS PER YER CRITERIA..(1978 OR LATER)....14 LAMBERT CUPS.....23 POST SEASON BIDS........4 CONSEC......BOARDWALK BOWL WINS........HALL OF FAME COACH....etc......YOU SIR ARE VERAH MIS-INFORMED......:(.....BRAWK!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubby_Raymond

MR. CHICKEN
July 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
SOME O' TUBBY'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS............BRAWK!

http://www.collegefootball.org/famersearch.php?id=70077

Native
July 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Too bad for Weber State coach Ron McBride that most of his achievements have been at the FBS level, which some candidates have never attempted and others (Tressel the exception) have attempted and failed.

Mcbride certainly did a remarkable job resurrecting Utah, has orchestrated another turnaround at Weber, and churns out more than his fair share of professional players.

I am not saying that Mac deserves to be on this list or that he will make it in the future.

BUT if he can coach another ten years at Weber, I would not be surprised to see McBride become a contender.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 05:12 PM
SOME O' TUBBY'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS............BRAWK!

http://www.collegefootball.org/famersearch.php?id=70077

Most of what he did was before 1978, thus making him ineligible.

FCS Go!
July 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Glenn was only at Montana (& FCS) for 3 years. Most Griz fans would point to Don Read as the coach that might warrant an honorable mention. He took the program from so-so to the top. I personally don't think he belongs on the list, even as an honorable mention.

Robinson, Tressel, Russell & Kidd are easy picks. Moore is an obvious number 5 but I'd wait a few more years before I'd chisel him in.

jmufan999
July 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM
what's a coach gotta do to be on the list?

-winningest coach in school history
-led school to 2004 National Championship
-only 2-time winner of Eddie Robinson Award in FCS/I-AA history (1999, 2008)

if you win two "coaching MVP's" and a national title in a separate year, i think it goes without saying you deserve more than an honorable mention.

mtgrizfan4life
July 12th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I agree with Robinson, Tressel, Russell & Kidd. I am hoping Bobby Hauck wins a Championship sooner than later. That is the only thing keeping him from competing with the others. At this point, unless he wins a championship, he does not deserve consideration with those 4.

Hoyadestroya85
July 12th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Andy Talley and Tubby Raymond have to be near the top of the "never won the big one in FCS" list

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 07:35 PM
what's a coach gotta do to be on the list?

-winningest coach in school history
-led school to 2004 National Championship
-only 2-time winner of Eddie Robinson Award in FCS/I-AA history (1999, 2008)

if you win two "coaching MVP's" and a national title in a separate year, i think it goes without saying you deserve more than an honorable mention.

I had Matthews on it at first but realized that Kidd had to be there. I think Jerry Moore, Jim Tressel, and Mickey Matthews all deserve a spot on the list and could take that 4th spot. If JM or MM the national title this year I think they cement themselves as #4 for sure, at least as of this postseason.

Go...gate
July 12th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Fred Dunlap, who did great things at Lehigh and Colgate.

93henfan
July 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Most of what he did was before 1978, thus making him ineligible.

What did Eddie Robinson do after 1978?

Seriously, if you're going to have Robinson in (and you should), you have to include Raymond (300 wins + Hall of Fame + multiple national championships). Otherwise, your credibility would be shot. But it sounds like you want to play the FCS/I-AA/D-II Transition/College Div classification semantics game. That's cool. We go through it a few times a year here usually.

ngineer
July 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
The problem comes from looking SOLEY at a coach's I-AA record OR their OVERALL record. Raymond deserves consideration for overall record; however, a good portion was in D-II. Similar to John Whitehead's legacy. Similarly, Robinson's greatness was burnished over many decades, not just I-AA.

93henfan
July 12th, 2009, 10:04 PM
The problem comes from looking SOLEY at a coach's I-AA record OR their OVERALL record. Raymond deserves consideration for overall record; however, a good portion was in D-II. Similar to John Whitehead's legacy. Similarly, Robinson's greatness was burnished over many decades, not just I-AA.

Tubby's teams played in D-II for just a few years in the 70s when many of the teams at this level were transitioning from college div to I-AA. In fact, it was probably tougher to win a D-II championship in the late 70s against a Youngstown, than a fledgling I-AA. What was the I-AA playoff field initially, 4 teams or something?

SideLine Shooter
July 12th, 2009, 10:05 PM
How bout Pete Lembo if you are going to have everyone else on it?

ngineer
July 12th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Fred Dunlap, who did great things at Lehigh and Colgate.

Fred certainly gets an honorable mention. He turned around programs that were putrid when he took over. Unfortunately, turning around programs that later win national championships (Lehigh) or have great runs of success (Colgate) isn't enough to get 'on the rock'

Fred and Whitehead took Lehigh's program, which was literally the worst in the country in the mid-1960's, to national promenence, with Whitehead winning the national championship in 1977 and named national coach of the year, which he repeated in 1979 when Lehigh made it to the I-AA Finals.

ngineer
July 12th, 2009, 10:07 PM

Lembo has a ways to go, yet. He certainly is on a track that could result in such recognition, but he certainly is not there yet.

T-Dog
July 12th, 2009, 10:16 PM
If (in my opinion, when) Moore wins his 4th this year, he'll be equal with Tressel in my book.

I'd have to say Erk, Robinson, Raymond, Kidd, Moore and Tressel are easily the top 6 and any combo of the 6 would be fine.

EDIT: If your going with just the FCS era (1978-present), then it's Erk, Kidd, Moore and Tressel.

93henfan
July 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I really like coach Moore too. Not only a heckuva coach, but a helluva nice guy.

MR. CHICKEN
July 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
TUBBY BEAT...GOOD TEMPLE/'NOVA/NAVY TEAMS.....REGULARLY.....SERVED AS NCAA RULES CHAIRMAN......HALL O' FAMER COACH.......PAINTED PICS O' GREAT PLAYERS....SPAWNED DUH PHILLIE PHANATIC....TAUGHT WOFFORD......ASPECTS O' WING-T...WHICH IS INCORPORATED IN DUH DAWGS FLEX.....SIGNED MAH DELAWARE WING-T: AN ORDER O' FOOTBALL BOOK/PRACTICE BALL.....OWNS YOUNGSTOWN...COME ON...GIVE HIM...UH PIECE..O' DUH ROCK....DOODLE-DOO!

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 07:38 AM

Seriously, if you're going to have Robinson in (and you should), you have to include Raymond (300 wins + Hall of Fame + multiple national championships). Otherwise, your credibility would be shot. But it sounds like you want to play the FCS/I-AA/D-II Transition/College Div classification semantics game. That's cool. We go through it a few times a year here usually.

You have a valid point. The only reason I include Robinson is because the award given to the best coach is named after Robinson. If you take that away I would have selected someone else.

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM

I will add Lembo once he has some teams go far in the playoffs and puts several 10 plus win seasons together.

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 07:41 AM
If (in my opinion, when) Moore wins his 4th this year, he'll be equal with Tressel in my book.

I'd have to say Erk, Robinson, Raymond, Kidd, Moore and Tressel are easily the top 6 and any combo of the 6 would be fine.

EDIT: If your going with just the FCS era (1978-present), then it's Erk, Kidd, Moore and Tressel.

Yeah if Robinson didn't have the award named after himself then I would have left him off and put Tressel in his spot.

Bulldog87
July 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Wille Jeffries from SC State could qualify for the list if it didn't start in 78. I'd would have loved to see what State would've done in the playoffs if we could've played from 73-78.Those teams had the likes of Harry Carson,Donny Shell and quite a few others that went on to the NFL. SCSU did go on to win 2 playoff games in the early 80's under the late Bill Davis. There's no way to leave Eddie Robinson off of the list. Grambling likely would've won the 79 championship had they played in the playoffs.

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Wille Jeffries from SC State could qualify for the list if it didn't start in 78. I'd would have loved to see what State would've done in the playoffs if we could've played from 73-78.Those teams had the likes of Harry Carson,Donny Shell and quite a few others that went on to the NFL. SCSU did go on to win 2 playoff games in the early 80's under the late Bill Davis. There's no way to leave Eddie Robinson off of the list. Grambling likely would've won the 79 championship had they played in the playoffs.

That is why he was on the list. :D Plus, how do you leave the man off whom the coach of the year award is named after?

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
An equally valid question is what did Kidd do after 1982? xeyebrowx

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 08:57 AM
There's no way to leave Eddie Robinson off of the list. Grambling likely would've won the 79 championship had they played in the playoffs.

That is why he was on the list. :D Plus, how do you leave the man off whom the coach of the year award is named after?
xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx Grambling participated in the playoffs in 1980 and 1985 (lost first round both times) and were 8-3 in 1979. xconfusedx xconfusedx

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM

Why are you asking what he did after 82 when I-AA was formed in 78? Kidd led some dominant teams from the late 70s to early 80s much like ASU didn't do that much before 2005 but the last 4 years put Jerry Moore in the discussions. I look at what coaches did from 1978 and on and Robinson is the only exception because the coach of the year award is named after him and he did have some good teams since 1978. The only problem is that we have Payton and Buchanan and neither played after 1978 but they also were not able to.

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx Grambling participated in the playoffs in 1980 and 1985 (lost first round both times) and were 8-3 in 1979. xconfusedx xconfusedx

Yeah it is clear that the SWAC teams are not that good since the creation of I-AA. I remember when McNair put up the senior year he did and people thought Alcorn State was a good team and they got throttled in the first round by Youngstown State.

813Jag
July 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah it is clear that the SWAC teams are not that good since the creation of I-AA. I remember when McNair put up the senior year he did and people thought Alcorn State was a good team and they got throttled in the first round by Youngstown State.
anybody that followed the SWAC then knew Alcorn was where they were because of McNair. Grambling was the SWAC champ that year, they beat Alcorn and would have went 7-0 in league but they lost the Bayou Classic.

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Why are you asking what he did after 82 when I-AA was formed in 78?
Because he coached another 20ish? years. It was clear that once I-AA grew, his EKU program got left in the dust. His teams dominated where there was no YSU, Marshall, GSU, Boise, Montana, Delaware, AppSt, etc... I-AA of 1978 was NOTHING like the I-AA of 1988, 1998, 2008...

T-Dog
July 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM

From 1982 to 2002 when he retired, he NEVER had a losing season, won 11 conference titles, has 13 FCS playoff appearances (17 altogether) and 3 semifinal appearances.

I'd say that's quite significant. Add on the two titles from being in four straight titles games and he's up there easily.

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Because he coached another 20ish? years. It was clear that once I-AA grew, his EKU program got left in the dust. His teams dominated where there was no YSU, Marshall, GSU, Boise, Montana, Delaware, AppSt, etc... I-AA of 1978 was NOTHING like the I-AA of 1988, 1998, 2008...

True that things have changed but you still can't take away the overall playoff appearances, OVC titles, national titles, etc. Kidd probably coached too long but it still doesn't take away what he did before the mid to late 80s.

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 09:54 AM
From 1982 to 2002 when he retired, he NEVER had a losing season, won 11 conference titles, has 13 FCS playoff appearances (17 altogether) and 3 semifinal appearances.

I'd say that's quite significant. Add on the two titles from being in four straight titles games and he's up there easily.
First off, I think Kidd should be on the considered list, I just don't agree with him being a given. xpeacex

Four straight title games when many of the teams in the current I-AA landscape were either DII or I-A and when the playoffs were 4 teams (79 and 80) and 8 teams (81 and 82). As I-AA grew, EKU became less and less a top program. He (like Tubby and Robinson) hung on too long.

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
the overall playoff appearances, OVC titles
xwhistlex

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM
xwhistlex

He had 4 straight appearances in the national title game and won 2 of them. You can't deny him. While he might not be a given I think he has to be in the top 5. The problem is that I could see Jerry Moore and Mickey Matthews both passing some of these legendary names if they keep up what they have done over the last 5 years for at least 2-3 more years. A sleeper name to look for is Andy Talley at Villanova who has had 2 Payton Winners, some national sucess, and has picked it up recently. If he could somehow walk away with 2-3 national titles and 5-6 playoff appearances in the next 6 years he could warrant some consideration.

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM
He had 4 straight appearances in the national title game and won 2 of them. You can't deny him. While he might not be a given I think he has to be in the top 5. The problem is that I could see Jerry Moore... passing some of these legendary names
THREE straight titles at a time when there are DOZENS and DOZENS of more great programs out there... he's done passED Roy Kidd IMO.

smallcollegefbfan
July 13th, 2009, 10:37 AM
THREE straight titles at a time when there are DOZENS and DOZENS of more great programs out there... he's done passED Roy Kidd IMO.

Yeah I would put him up there with Kidd and others now. I would say if he keeps up what he is doing then he becomes a lock for the top 4.

Go...gate
July 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
TUBBY BEAT...GOOD TEMPLE/'NOVA/NAVY TEAMS.....REGULARLY.....SERVED AS NCAA RULES CHAIRMAN......HALL O' FAMER COACH.......PAINTED PICS O' GREAT PLAYERS....SPAWNED DUH PHILLIE PHANATIC....TAUGHT WOFFORD......ASPECTS O' WING-T...WHICH IS INCORPORATED IN DUH DAWGS FLEX.....SIGNED MAH DELAWARE WING-T: AN ORDER O' FOOTBALL BOOK/PRACTICE BALL.....OWNS YOUNGSTOWN...COME ON...GIVE HIM...UH PIECE..O' DUH ROCK....DOODLE-DOO!

Right on. Raymond needs to be there.

Go...gate
July 13th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Fred certainly gets an honorable mention. He turned around programs that were putrid when he took over. Unfortunately, turning around programs that later win national championships (Lehigh) or have great runs of success (Colgate) isn't enough to get 'on the rock'

Fred and Whitehead took Lehigh's program, which was literally the worst in the country in the mid-1960's, to national promenence, with Whitehead winning the national championship in 1977 and named national coach of the year, which he repeated in 1979 when Lehigh made it to the I-AA Finals.

I don't think we were putrid (that happened between 1988-1995, after Dunlap left and the program nearly died), but we were absolutely mediocre. Dunlap restored the pride in the Colgate program and made it the very best program it could be within its size, facility and budgetary limitations.

Bam
July 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
T-Dog is current. Kidd is on the list. Nuff said

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 01:17 PM
T-Dog is current. Kidd is on the list. Nuff said
I usually agree with you Bam, but not today.

ur2k
July 13th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Mike London. Only needed one year as a HQ to win a national championship ... beat that!

xlolx

Read with sarcasm

ysubigred
July 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM

HONORABLE MENTION
James Donnelly, MTSU

Tressel coached YSU to 4 NC's 91, 93, 94, and 97.

Carry on.....

xbowxxthumbsupx

catamount man
July 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Tubby Raymond
Roy Kidd
Jerry Moore
Bob Waters

digger3210
July 13th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Wasn't there a lot of allegations around paying players during the Tressel era at YSU? Should that have any bearing on his Rushmore status?

89Hen
July 13th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Wasn't there a lot of allegations around paying players during the Tressel era at YSU? Should that have any bearing on his Rushmore status?
No.