PDA

View Full Version : The state of Bobcat athletics: Budget and salaries on the rise

CSN Log
July 12th, 2009, 07:50 AM
07-12-2009 07:43 AM

The state of Bobcat athletics: Budget and salaries on the rise

San Marcos — The Texas State athletic department doesn’t hide its intentions well.

Advertisements dot the IH-35 corridor between San Antonio and Austin with billboards highlighting the Bobcats’ progress.

Texas State built new baseball and softball facilities and now is renovating the football stadium to be fitted with luxury suites.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/07/12/the-state-of-bobcat-athletics-budget-and?blog=2#more5181)

TexasTerror
July 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Look at this lift in the budget...the $13M easily makes it the largest athletic department budget in the SLC by a few million.

The Bobcats were granted $13,422,782 for 2009. That was an increase of $2,222,143 from the previous year.

TexasTerror
July 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to give this one the good ole "bump" for chrisattsu, who thinks I did not post this or respond to this one - because it is "positive" of my friends in San Marcos.

Money is a wonderful thing.

Just looking at college football schedules nowadays, you can tell what a big factor it plays in driving collegiate athletics and most of the decisions made within the realm of the "beast".

The TXST athletic coffers are very comparable to some of the FBS schools in Louisiana. With the upgrades at baseball, softball and football - I would say the facilities are relatively equal, if not better.

Men's basketball remains the one that needs to be examined and it looks like Larry Teis has put some money there to get high quality coaches (UT's all-time leading scorer, former Centenary HC) to help the young Davalos (though he is older than me) actually turn that program into one that can keep up with the Steins in the Southland - a requirement for the move to FBS. The Southland has improved greatly over the last 3-5 years. The Bobcats did not ride that peleton and now is chasing the leaders.

Baseball is there, football is almost there. Time to work on hoops. Money in place. No choice for the "driven" Bobcats, but to get it done.

chrisattsu
July 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Just wanted to give this one the good ole "bump" for chrisattsu, who thinks I did not post this or respond to this one - because it is "positive" of my friends in San Marcos.

Money is a wonderful thing.

Just looking at college football schedules nowadays, you can tell what a big factor it plays in driving collegiate athletics and most of the decisions made within the realm of the "beast".

The TXST athletic coffers are very comparable to some of the FBS schools in Louisiana. With the upgrades at baseball, softball and football - I would say the facilities are relatively equal, if not better.

Men's basketball remains the one that needs to be examined and it looks like Larry Teis has put some money there to get high quality coaches (UT's all-time leading scorer, former Centenary HC) to help the young Davalos (though he is older than me) actually turn that program into one that can keep up with the Steins in the Southland - a requirement for the move to FBS. The Southland has improved greatly over the last 3-5 years. The Bobcats did not ride that peleton and now is chasing the leaders.

Baseball is there, football is almost there. Time to work on hoops. Money in place. No choice for the "driven" Bobcats, but to get it done.

TT, thank you for the bump. I looked for this post earlier, but I did not see it while I was perusing through the board.