PDA

View Full Version : Snow for Boone?

ravens
December 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM
What is the forcast for Saturday? Has a semi ever gotten snowed out? What would that do to the NC schedule?

SCPALADIN
December 5th, 2005, 06:59 PM
I suggest you ask AppStateold299. He seems to be the resident expert on where to find accurate and informative things pertaining to all things meteorological.
Actually, I don't think it ever snows in Boone because Appalachian is Hot Hot Hot!!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2679633?htv=12

My apologies. After watching this video I will never, ever make fun of anything Appy ever again...my condolences.

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 07:23 PM
You will no longer make fun of us AFTER watching the video? Hell, I admitted it was the dumbest most embarassing video I've ever seen. Old news, though.

fuEMO
December 5th, 2005, 07:28 PM
You will no longer make fun of us AFTER watching the video? Hell, I admitted it was the dumbest most embarassing video I've ever seen. Old news, though.

ASU Kep, I have many APP friends alot of them in the advertising industry. They just shake their head about this video. What was the APP admistration thinking when they approved that video?

I bet Don Munson, an APP guy and video producer here in the upstate cringes thinking about that thing.

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I have no idea who made the video...I heard it cost $5,000 dollars though?!?

As far as the weather, it might actually be nicer up here than originally thought. It was supposed to snow almost a foot here last night from what I heard but actually just rained all day.

SCPALADIN
December 5th, 2005, 07:31 PM
What is the forcast for Saturday? Has a semi ever gotten snowed out? What would that do to the NC schedule?

Beacause of the ski areas up near Boone the DOT keeps the roads pretty clear during the Winter. Skiing=Big $$. It would take a lot of snow to cancel this game.

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 07:37 PM
We had to shovel snow off the field before the LC game, I'm sure we could do it again. Last weekend at the SIU game they had some big time heaters by the benches.

Kalesi
December 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM
anyone know if snow helps a team wearing white jerseys, pants and helmets? I would hate to be a QB trying to find a safety who blended in to the landscape. Advantage Paladins!

SU Jag
December 5th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Please tell me that this one will be TV! :bow:

catamount man
December 5th, 2005, 08:31 PM
ESPN 2, 12 noon. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Chi Panther
December 5th, 2005, 08:32 PM
SEMIFINALS (12/9)
2005 I-AA Playoff Semifinals Quick Who - What - Where - When
7:00 p.m. CST Northern Iowa @ #4 TEXAS STATE ESPN2

(12/10)
12:00 p.m. EST Furman @ #2 APPALACHIAN STATE ESPNU/ESPN Game Plan

(Select the school name link for game notes. Home Team in CAPS)

SU Jag
December 5th, 2005, 08:33 PM
ESPN 2, 12 noon. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

O hell yeah! :beerchug:

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 08:42 PM
anyone know if snow helps a team wearing white jerseys, pants and helmets? I would hate to be a QB trying to find a safety who blended in to the landscape. Advantage Paladins!

A decent thought, but unfortunately for the Paladins, it's probably not going to be snowing on Saturday. There might be snow on the ground, but according to booneweather.com it'll be 35-40 for game time, much nicer than last week!

thirdgendin
December 5th, 2005, 08:47 PM
SEMIFINALS (12/9)
2005 I-AA Playoff Semifinals Quick Who - What - Where - When

(12/10)
12:00 p.m. EST Furman @ #2 APPALACHIAN STATE ESPNU/ESPN Game Plan

(Select the school name link for game notes. Home Team in CAPS)

Ralph,

The Furman/ASU game will be on ESPN2, not ESPNU/ESPN Game Plan. I know seeing this on I-aa.org has confused some people.

SoCon48
December 5th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Actually, I don't think it ever snows in Boone because Appalachian is Hot Hot Hot!!

Ummhmmm.
Might I remind you which one won the SoCon Championship this year???

Furman. NOT NOT NOT! :hyped:

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Burned, dude. Totally burned. :D

December 6th, 2005, 12:41 AM
SEMIFINALS (12/9)

(12/10)
12:00 p.m. EST Furman @ #2 APPALACHIAN STATE ESPN2

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 07:50 AM

Dude this is football, not the ballet. Football doesn't get "snowed out".

DinoDex200
December 6th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Dude this is football, not the ballet. Football doesn't get "snowed out".

I'm sure there is a point where it would get snowed out...it would have to be like 20 below and a blizzard...but it could happen. Not this weekend, however. :D

fuEMO
December 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Bring on the snow!!

http://vh10504.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=BS&Dato=20051008&Kategori=SPORTS0103&Lopenr=1008003&Ref=PH&Item=7&Maxw=450&Maxh=400

fuEMO
December 6th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I actually do think the Furman road uniforms would look good in the snow.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/rich/galleries/120305-m-footbl-Furman/Image_4-lg.jpg

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I actually do think the Furman road uniforms would look good in the snow.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/rich/galleries/120305-m-footbl-Furman/Image_4-lg.jpg

I'd take our running game over their running game in the snow any day!

FU5454
December 6th, 2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.theuffp.com/images/2005/vsASU/2474.jpg

No need to fear Appy's. I'm sure your Center will never do this again...oh, he did it against SIU...well, it's not like it's going to get in his head and mess him up or anything. Nah, never happen. I'm sure he won't be thinking about snapping the ball over #7's head on Saturday.

AppStateSVX
December 6th, 2005, 01:14 PM
haha, wow, not much one can say about that besides, "ouch"

luckily, we played very well overall as a team that day, and didnt let a stupid error like that cost us the game.

As of right now, there might be snow left from friday night, but Saturday is supposed to be sunny, cold though.

texcap
December 6th, 2005, 01:19 PM
No need to fear Appy's. I'm sure your Center will never do this again...oh, he did it against SIU...well, it's not like it's going to get in his head and mess him up or anything. Nah, never happen. I'm sure he won't be thinking about snapping the ball over #7's head on Saturday.

Just like I'm sure that Ingle would NEVER throw the ball up for grabs with a big game on the line. Opps, I forgot about Furman's last offensive play of the GSU game. Couldn't happen again, could it? Nah, I mean after all he has all that DIA experience at Florida under his belt and he has beaten ASU so many times it is becoming routine now. Heck he's beat them what 2 or 3 in a row now? Really, just once in all his storied career?

That's okay because I'm sure that his head coach can clue him in on beating ASU. He's bound to know what it takes when the game is on the line. After all Lamb has won how many against ASU as a head coach? Really, is it only one too?

You know, I have a great idea on how Furman can rack up a lot more points against ASU. After every touchdown instead of kicking the PAT they can, "GO FOR TWO."

DinoDex200
December 6th, 2005, 01:26 PM

And I'm sure Ingle will never have a 5 INT game again...

Seriously, who talks smack about a center? Other than basketball fans, of course...

Appstate03
December 6th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I'd take our running game over their running game in the snow any day!

You might take your running game, but you would much rather have our rushing defense. My grandmother could run for a 20 yard gain up the middle of Furman's defense

Appstate03
December 6th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Just like I'm sure that Ingle would NEVER throw the ball up for grabs with a big game on the line. Opps, I forgot about Furman's last offensive play of the GSU game. Couldn't happen again, could it? Nah, I mean after all he has all that DIA experience at Florida under his belt and he has beaten ASU so many times it is becoming routine now. Heck he's beat them what 2 or 3 in a row now? Really, just once in all his storied career?

That's okay because I'm sure that his head coach can clue him in on beating ASU. He's bound to know what it takes when the game is on the line. After all Lamb has won how many against ASU as a head coach? Really, is it only one too?

You know, I have a great idea on how Furman can rack up a lot more points against ASU. After every touchdown instead of kicking the PAT they can, "GO FOR TWO."

My new favorite poster

SCPALADIN
December 6th, 2005, 01:37 PM
"GO FOR TWO."
Wow...never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

texcap
December 6th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Wow...never heard that one before. :rolleyes:

I had never seen anything like that happen in a game until it made ESPN's Plays of the Week a couple of years back. It's amazing how seemingly impossible things can happen.

ericappstate
December 6th, 2005, 01:45 PM
My new favorite poster

I second that one.

AppIAA
December 6th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I second that one.

As I third that..

WUTNDITWAA
December 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Great First Aid Station in the background. A Playmate cooler, an old man and some fat dude in a chair behind the fence. Was that game played in a city park? "You have a half hour more to use this field. After you, there is a group that wants to play frisbee golf." :p

Appstate03
December 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I think this is turning into a smack thread

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Welcome to the family. Screw Furman. :D

texcap
December 6th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the family. Screw Furman. :D

Not to burst your bubble, but I wasn't really taking on Furman or for that matter defending ASU. I was just gently pointing out that every team has mistakes and things that pain them to look back on. Just remember when you start to gloat, that there is always someone who can come back at you.

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Oh I know, but you slammed Furman. And that earns ya a few points in my book.

FU5454
December 6th, 2005, 02:03 PM
My new favorite poster

Yeah, it was pretty good except for this part..."Heck he's beat them what 2 or 3 in a row now? Really, just once in all his storied career?"

He's only played vs. ASU 2x....he's 1-1, He's lost 1 game vs. ASU...the same # that Williams has lost vs. FU.

A couple of notes about his other well-made points:

* Bobby's first college action was vs. ASU in '82 and when he came in FU was down by 2 TD's (14-0) and he led the Paladins to victory. History repeats itself, so he just had to get behind (in the series record) by losing the 1st few. The universe began resuming its natural order earlier this year in Greenville.

* "Going for 2" thing...just silly...still the right call as it was when FU did it in the 1st game this year, but I know that kind of tarnishes the pleasure of it for you guys so, I understand you don't want to hear it. Really, I understand.

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Good luck to the Cats this weekend.

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah, it was pretty good except for this part..."Heck he's beat them what 2 or 3 in a row now? Really, just once in all his storied career?"

He's only played vs. ASU 2x....he's 1-1, He's lost 1 game vs. ASU...the same # that Williams has lost vs. FU.

* Bobby's first college action was vs. ASU in '82 and when he came in FU was down by 2 TD's (14-0) and he led the Paladins to victory. History repeats itself, so he just had to get behind (in the series record) by losing the 1st few. The universe began resuming its natural order earlier this year in Greenville.

* "Going for 2" thing...just silly...still the right call as it was when FU did it in the 1st game this year, but I know that kind of tarnishes the pleasure of it for you guys so, I understand you don't want to hear it. Really, I understand.

Can you explain the probability of us somehow getting into field goal range with seven seconds left on the clock and no timeouts?

FU5454
December 6th, 2005, 02:09 PM
And I'm sure Ingle will never have a 5 INT game again...

Seriously, who talks smack about a center? Other than basketball fans, of course...

Another Center / Long Snapper who did that sort of thing more often than he cares to ennumerate. xlolx

Appstate03
December 6th, 2005, 02:11 PM

Williams might have lost the same number of games(1) but Richie has 2 wins under his belt. However its all a moot point as history means nothing in the present.
And your going for 2 argument was ridiculous. That is never the right thing to do with only a few seconds left when you are ahead.

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Great First Aid Station in the background. A Playmate cooler, an old man and some fat dude in a chair behind the fence. Was that game played in a city park? "You have a half hour more to use this field. After you, there is a group that wants to play frisbee golf." :p

OK, generally I think the smilies are pretty stupid, but after THAT post. . .

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

(they're still pretty stupid)

FU5454
December 6th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Can you explain the probability of us somehow getting into field goal range with seven seconds left on the clock and no timeouts?

2 things here:

1) I don't think you'd argue that ASU had some incredible athletes on the field that day who were capable of "taking it to the house" at any time, would you? I think they had already returned a few a long way that day. Think Stanford / Cal and Tennessee Titans vs. Buffalo Bills....I know these were TD's but they could have been tackled with :01 second left and I don't believe you would need a timeout in that situation to get your FG team on the field....Ball is dead until O snaps it, right?

2) The probability of what you cite is greater than the probability of what actually happened.

Bottom line - Bobby made the right call. The play was changed / misunderstood and poorly executed and then 2 of those great ASU athletes teamed up to "take it to the house."

I screamed and cried, gnashed my teeth, and tore my clothes...but ain't it great that it happened....that sort of memory (for both sides) is the reason we all love this game at this level. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing! xprost2x

FU5454
December 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM

The old man and the fat dude are not affiliated.

There's a case of beer, a bottle of tequila, lime juice, triple sec, a bottle of Jim Beam, ice and cups in that cooler....and, the picture is a little blurry, it says "Thirst Aid Station." Don't they have those all over KBS? They have them about every 50 feet @ Paladin Stadium. You would think more people would come to the games, huh?

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Long kickoff return with a face mask penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty. Given our poor special teams play over the last 4-5 years, a reasonable possibility.

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Long kickoff return with a face mask penalty. Game can't end on a defensive penalty. Given our poor special teams play over the last 4-5 years, a reasonable possibility.

How about a pooch kick straight at one of our slow guys? No way it would've gone past mid-field and we'd of had only one chance for a Hail Mary, if that.

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 03:16 PM
2 things here:

1) I don't think you'd argue that ASU had some incredible athletes on the field that day who were capable of "taking it to the house" at any time, would you? I think they had already returned a few a long way that day. Think Stanford / Cal and Tennessee Titans vs. Buffalo Bills....I know these were TD's but could they could have been tackled with :01 second left and I don't believe you would need a timeout in that situation to get your FG team on the field....Ball is dead until O snaps it, right?

2) The probability of what you cite is greater than the probability of what actually happened.

Bottom line - Bobby made the right call. The play was changed / misunderstood and poorly executed and then 2 of those great ASU athletes teamed up to "take it to the house."

I screamed and cried, gnashed my teeth, and tore my clothes...but ain't it great that it happened....that sort of memory (for both sides) is the reason we all love this game at this level. It's a beautiful, beautiful thing! xprost2x

I respect and agree with that. Although not quite as "dramatic" I felt much the same way at Paladin Stadium this year as time expired. BTW, were you a Furman player when that happened?

WUTNDITWAA
December 6th, 2005, 03:44 PM
The old man and the fat dude are not affiliated.

There's a case of beer, a bottle of tequila, lime juice, triple sec, a bottle of Jim Beam, ice and cups in that cooler....and, the picture is a little blurry, it says "Thirst Aid Station." Don't they have those all over KBS? They have them about every 50 feet @ Paladin Stadium. You would think more people would come to the games, huh?

xprost2x

fuEMO
December 6th, 2005, 03:53 PM
You might take your running game, but you would much rather have our rushing defense. My grandmother could run for a 20 yard gain up the middle of Furman's defense

I totally disagree. We have been up and down but our young rush defense has a huge upside. Young players like Gaines Burnett have developed very well. Artis is now back at his true postion. And Andrew Jones is as good against the run as it gets.

Ask Stacy Tutt why he missed the post game press conference and why he wasn't looking to run on that final 4th down attempt. I have never seen a hit as hard as the one Blocker laided on Tutt.

I'm wondering if Prickley Williams could get up from a hit like that.

All smack aside, you guys have an underrated rushing game. I like your backs alot and of course when Richie gets out of the pocket he is dangerous.

The biggest improvement for Furman has been the maturity and ability to play true freshman Burnett at nose guard. Furman needs to do what it did against Tutt, let Richie make the first move then lay the wood. Andrew Jones said it best after the NSU game. Furman has to play confrontational on defense.

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 04:21 PM
"Prickley Williams"...? Probably the lamest smack-attempt I've ever heard. Seriously.

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 04:40 PM
How about a pooch kick straight at one of our slow guys? No way it would've gone past mid-field and we'd of had only one chance for a Hail Mary, if that.

You can do alot with 7 seconds. A quick out for 15 yards only takes 3-5 seconds. You could fair catch a pooch kick (no time off clock) and get two plays in. Any defensive penalty (pass interference on hail mary) allows another play.

Appstate03
December 6th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I cannot believe you Furman guys are trying to make a case for going for two in that situation. With 6 seconds left you cannot field the kickoff and get into field goal range, even with a quick out pass. Say we got the ball on our 40 with 6 seconds left and we threw it up and got a pass interference call. Then we would be on FU's 45 with probably no time. We still would not be in field goal range. It would take two or three penalties to get into field goal range, all this happening with no time on the clock. That would never happen. It was a bone head call. If the two point conversion would have put Furman up by 7 I could understand, but not to be up by 3 with 6 seconds left. But enough about that play. Its the past. Neither team won the national championship that year. All that matters now is this Saturday's game and a trip to the NC

FU5454
December 6th, 2005, 05:06 PM

...and if the pooch kick is short enough, a fair catch can be called....and, if I'm not mistaken, there's a little known rule in football that you can take a free kick from the spot following a fair catch...no rush, no lines...kind of an Aussie Rules sort of thing. I think it has to be a drop kick which is a bit of a lost art, but much like we knew about the WMD's in Iraq, Bobby Lamb had good G2 that day that ASU's backup PK was Ewan Dundee, a former Aussie Rules player from Loosesheila, Queensland who regularly could nail a drop kick from 70+ yds....check the roster, you'll see.

FU5454
December 6th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I respect and agree with that. Although not quite as "dramatic" I felt much the same way at Paladin Stadium this year as time expired. BTW, were you a Furman player when that happened?

No sir....I was just after the leather helmet faded away '78 - '83 (includes a Redshirt year and a year of GA'ing)....never lost to ASU, so it's especially hard when that occurs.

BTW - I asked you in another thread to tell me how you get from Boone to the ATL in 4 hours. L'il help?

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 05:55 PM
No sir....I was just after the leather helmet faded away '78 - '83 (includes a Redshirt year and a year of GA'ing)....never lost to ASU, so it's especially hard when that occurs.

BTW - I asked you in another thread to tell me how you get from Boone to the ATL in 4 hours. L'il help?

Sorry I missed your post. Theres two ways I take from Atlanta up here, one when there's traffic and one when theres not.

The easiest way usually takes me about 4.-5 hours depending on whether or not I stop and how big of a hurry I'm in (granted, I go about 10 over) but you don't want to take it if your going at rush hour. Just jump on 285 to 85 N until you hit Gastonia. Once there, hang a left onto 321 (the 321 exit is I believe the third exit for Gastonia) and stop when you hit campus. Doesn't get much easier than that, and you rarely see any cops outside of Atlanta and the Greeneville area though the trip is pretty darn boring. This is the route I take when there's no traffic expected. :D

The more difficult sort of backway is to take 985 N through Gainsville after the 985/85 split until 985 turns into 23. Take 23 all the way through Waynesville until you hit 40. Take 40 E until 70 N (Old Fort exit, its right after you come down a huge hill and is relatively easy to miss...be CAREFUL, my MOTHER was ticketed for speeding in this town :( ) take 70 N to Marion, then take a left onto 221 N to until the 105 exit (right outside Linville and the ski slopes), take a right onto 105 and continue until you hit Boone. IMHO, this is the way to go if your looking for some scenery on your way up and also cuts about 40-60 miles or so off of the trip (though you go through some small towns and such which makes up some of the time). The only spots that gave me trouble the first few times I took this route was going through Franklin (you go right through the center of town and have to make sure you stay on the right road) and the Old Fort exit. On the plus side, it'll save you maybe a half hour or so if you nail it and is a much more interesting and beautiful trip up the mountain. If you need any more help, lemme know. Hope you can make it up. This game will be one for the ages. :hyped:

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 05:58 PM
...and if the pooch kick is short enough, a fair catch can be called....and, if I'm not mistaken, there's a little known rule in football that you can take a free kick from the spot following a fair catch...no rush, no lines...kind of an Aussie Rules sort of thing. I think it has to be a drop kick which is a bit of a lost art, but much like we knew about the WMD's in Iraq, Bobby Lamb had good G2 that day that ASU's backup PK was Ewan Dundee, a former Aussie Rules player from Loosesheila, Queensland who regularly could nail a drop kick from 70+ yds....check the roster, you'll see.

Thanks for the info, though I still can't say it was a good call. Probably one of those things that would have been brilliant had it worked, ya know?

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the info, though I still can't say it was a good call. Probably one of those things that would have been brilliant had it worked, ya know?

The decision to go for two was the right call. The play ran for the conversion was not the right call. It should have been a running play, but the wrong play got called due to confusion b/w the sidelines and the QB.

ASU Kep
December 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Yah, I can see a RUNNING play being the right call. Who messed up? The QB?

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Yah, I can see a RUNNING play being the right call. Who messed up? The QB?

Lamb took the blame, as he should. Not sure who really got the call wrong.

ASUMountaineer
December 6th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Williams might have lost the same number of games(1) but Richie has 2 wins under his belt. However its all a moot point as history means nothing in the present.
And your going for 2 argument was ridiculous. That is never the right thing to do with only a few seconds left when you are ahead.
7 seconds to be exact...definitely not the right call. Lamb must not have had much confidence in his special teams. As an App fan, I just hope it doesn't take a "Miracle on the Mountain" to win Saturday!

SCPALADIN
December 6th, 2005, 09:19 PM
The decision to go for two was the right call. The play ran for the conversion was not the right call. It should have been a running play, but the wrong play got called due to confusion b/w the sidelines and the QB.

I disagree...I still think it was one of the stupidest calls I've ever seen. I'm sorry...I just can't picture Bobby Johnson making that bad of a decision with as little time on the clock as there was. No matter how hard I've tried I've never been able to come up with a scenario that would have led to Appy tying the game. I think Lamb does a good job. And I think that Sorrells does a fine job at play calling. I just think it was a poor decision and I've never heard an argument to make me feel otherwise...
GO FU!!! :rotateh: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

ericappstate
December 6th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Hindsight is priceless.

FU97
December 7th, 2005, 07:44 AM
I disagree...I still think it was one of the stupidest calls I've ever seen. I'm sorry...I just can't picture Bobby Johnson making that bad of a decision with as little time on the clock as there was. No matter how hard I've tried I've never been able to come up with a scenario that would have led to Appy tying the game. I think Lamb does a good job. And I think that Sorrells does a fine job at play calling. I just think it was a poor decision and I've never heard an argument to make me feel otherwise...

The right call in that situation is to run the ball for the 2 points. An extra point could be blocked and returned for 2.

Appdad
December 7th, 2005, 08:52 AM
The right call in that situation is to run the ball for the 2 points. An extra point could be blocked and returned for 2.

Coach Lamb has said there were mistakes made. The QB was probably told to pass to a WIDE-OPEN player or throw it out of the end zone.

Very much to Coach Lamb's CREDIT AS AN OUTSTANDING COACH, not once did he try to BLAME OTHERS for the outcome.

As the best coaches do he stood out front of his team and took ALL the arrows. That's what great leaders do.

HiHiYikas
December 7th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Is Saturday's NCAA I-AA semifinal versus Furman the biggest game in Appalachian history?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| || Yes - 90.9%

||| No - 9%

(Total Votes, 1041)

GGASU
December 7th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Coach Lamb has said there were mistakes made. The QB was probably told to pass to a WIDE-OPEN player or throw it out of the end zone.

Very much to Coach Lamb's CREDIT AS AN OUTSTANDING COACH, not once did he try to BLAME OTHERS for the outcome.

As the best coaches do he stood out front of his team and took ALL the arrows. That's what great leaders do.

Just think if ASU was playing Georgia Southern instead of Furman in that situation.

The Eagles head coach, assistant coaches, radio commentator, and waterboy would have been fired at the exact moment the ball was intercepted.

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex <<<<<<<<Eagles coaches reading the classifieds for jobs.

youwouldno
December 7th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Is Saturday's NCAA I-AA semifinal versus Furman the biggest game in Appalachian history?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| || Yes - 90.9%

||| No - 9%

(Total Votes, 1041)

Wow. Guess that makes sense, App win = first title game appearance, after a lot of playoff opportunities.

Really, this is the game of the playoffs IMO. Sure, Texas St or UNI could win the NC, but the storylines around FU-ASU are so much better.

CytoApp
December 7th, 2005, 01:08 PM

Running the ball could also reult in a fumble and be returned for 2 xazzx .

I would have kicked the field goal. Pooch kick make the tackle......game over :hyped: . Furmie wins.

SoCon48
December 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Just think if ASU was playing Georgia Southern instead of Furman in that situation.

The Eagles head coach, assistant coaches, radio commentator, and waterboy would have been fired at the exact moment the ball was intercepted.

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex <<<<<<<<Eagles coaches reading the classifieds for jobs.
:D :D

OL FU
December 7th, 2005, 04:32 PM

I agree, but I also don't see Lamb doing the that again either.

matfu
December 7th, 2005, 05:02 PM
was told in the past by a good friend (who is best friends with a furman assistant coach at the time) that napier did not do what he was supposed to do (meaning i am not even sure bobby lamb called a pass play). i still say napier could have easily tackled the guy at the 50 yard line...then it would have been much to do over nothing.

i still say the game this week will help us erase all of those memories from boone.

Appstate03
December 7th, 2005, 05:04 PM
was told in the past by a good friend (who is best friends with a furman assistant coach at the time) that napier did not do what he was supposed to do (meaning i am not even sure bobby lamb called a pass play). i still say napier could have easily tackled the guy at the 50 yard line...then it would have been much to do over nothing.

i still say the game this week will help us erase all of those memories from boone.

You are right. After the loss this week, the "go for two" will hold a back seat to the loss in the Semi's.

GoGSU
December 7th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Furman, if you think about it....you really have a very good chance of winning this game....I mean App is known for choking in the playoffs....let's face it they have had how many chances at this point in the playoffs to get to the final and blew it?? So I wouldn't be too concerned. Furman 31 - crAPPy 27 xazzx

Appstate03
December 7th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Furman, if you think about it....you really have a very good chance of winning this game....I mean App is known for choking in the playoffs....let's face it they have had how many chances at this point in the playoffs to get to the final and blew it?? So I wouldn't be too concerned. Furman 31 - crAPPy 27 xazzx

Two chances in the Semi's. It isn't like the Red Sox before last year where they got to game 7 five times and couldn't pull it off.

HiHiYikas
December 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM

I dunno. . .it's an interesting idea, though. You might ask a Red Sox fan if, after finally putting away the Yankees and winning it all in 2004, the words "Bucky Dent" still gets under their skin.

ASU Kep
December 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM

Yah, and GSU used to do good in the playoffs. What has that done for you lately? Oh yah, you lost twice in a row in the first round. Thats right. Guess UNH and Texas State forgot that you guys historically have been good, and actually won the game. Oops.

matfu
December 7th, 2005, 09:53 PM
I dunno. . .it's an interesting idea, though. You might ask a Red Sox fan if, after finally putting away the Yankees and winning it all in 2004, the words "Bucky Dent" still gets under their skin.

true...it will never go away completely....BUT a win saturday will help.

AppGuy04
December 8th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Just started snowing in Boone, we'll see how long it lasts

FU97
December 8th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Just started snowing in Boone, we'll see how long it lasts

Not long enough for App fans. Besides Appalachian is HOT! HOT! HOT!

APPST '93
December 8th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Have you ever seen a Ski Bunny? Appalachian Girls are HOT! HOT! HOT!

Appdad
December 8th, 2005, 06:39 PM

Furmies don't know anything about snow skiing and chicks in ski attire.

All they know is they are second in line at the boat docks on Hartwell behind the CU Tiger guys.

Eaglegus2
December 8th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Yah, and GSU used to do good in the playoffs. What has that done for you lately? Oh yah, you lost twice in a row in the first round. Thats right. Guess UNH and Texas State forgot that you guys historically have been good, and actually won the game. Oops.

Keep beating that chest. You haven't made it to the finals.

Besides, it isn't nice to win in the playoffs all the time. xlolx

Playoff record: 38 wins 10 loses

6 National Championships :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

AppGuy04
December 8th, 2005, 07:17 PM

all that matters right NOW, is that you will be sitting home on Saturday, while your 2 most hated rivals fight for a berth in the championship game, how bout them apples???

and u are still talking smack?

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Not long enough for App fans. Besides Appalachian is HOT! HOT! HOT!
Is "Appalachian is HOT! HOT! HOT!" the Furman equivalent of our "Go for Two?" I guess you have to go after something off the football field since Furman can't take of business on the field in KBS.

ASU Kep
December 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM

Ski bunnies are HOT. I just got back from Sugar, very happy to be alive after the drive home...like a sheet of damn ice. I have this week off before finals, so it's pretty much been snowboarding and gettin jacked about the Furman game. I'm a happy man. :xmas:

...and don't worry bout what GSU fans say, they're having some tough times down there and are probably just looking to take their feelings out on somebody. It might not be long before the "big three" in the SOCON is App, Furman, and somebody other than GSU. :nonono2:

AppStateMan
December 8th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I hate furman.
I think Saturday the Furman fans will notice. Students are going to show up in large numbers. FEAR THE ROCK!! FEAR THE COLD!!! FEAR THE NOISE!!
FYI...at practice today our player’s jerseys froze in the direction of the wind because of the freezing rain.
HAHA it'll hit Furman when they get off that bus. Its going to be a good game........

ericappstate
December 8th, 2005, 11:40 PM
The forcast is looking warmer

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 07:01 AM
I hate furman.
I think Saturday the Furman fans will notice. Students are going to show up in large numbers. FEAR THE ROCK!! FEAR THE COLD!!! FEAR THE NOISE!!
FYI...at practice today our player’s jerseys froze in the direction of the wind because of the freezing rain.
HAHA it'll hit Furman when they get off that bus. Its going to be a good game........
Can you say stone cold..hands? I imagine both teams will fumble a few, just hoping most are Furman's.

SoCon48
December 9th, 2005, 07:05 AM

Ancient history.
ASU "hasn't made it to the finals." Neither will GSU this year.
6 National championships? Will GSU win another National Championship this year? Uh no. No longer in the running.
It's OK if you watch the game and PRETEND those black ASU uniforms are actually blue.
GSU play-off record THIS year...0-1. Is that ALL THE TIME?
Nuff said. :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2005, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=I-AA 2005]OK if you watch the game and PRETEND those black ASU uniforms are actually blue. QUOTE]

and while you're at it, would you mind overnighting us a few boxes of these shirts?

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4176c1f0z9b82df7/2611/__sr_/33a4.jpg?phI2bmDBN_49tBre

FU97
December 9th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Is "Appalachian is HOT! HOT! HOT!" the Furman equivalent of our "Go for Two?" I guess you have to go after something off the football field since Furman can't take of business on the field in KBS.

You do realize we have beat you more in Boone than you have beat us up there.

texcap
December 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM

You do realize that the last time you beat ASU in Boone was 1996. Not much of a recent track record.

FU5454
December 9th, 2005, 03:10 PM
You do realize that the last time you beat ASU in Boone was 1996. Not much of a recent track record.

And ASU only has 1 win in G'ville since '95. So, 2 things apply:

1) We're due our 1 win / decade on their turf

and

B) The NCAA is all about fairness this year, so this is really a neutral site.:smiley_wi

ASUMountaineer
December 9th, 2005, 04:01 PM
You didn't answer the question though. And yes I did know that, but Furman hasn't won there since I have been at Appalachian and I graduated two years ago. So, until Furman wins I guess you're right, Appalachian is HOT! HOT! HOT!, at least too HOT! for Furman to handle.

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 04:15 PM
The forcast is looking warmer

Haha, and apparently theres now a large phallic mountain directly behind KBS. Let's hope Ingle & co. don't get "distracted".

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Haha, and apparently theres now a large phallic mountain directly behind KBS. Let's hope Ingle & co. don't get "distracted".

The "phallus" you speak of is actually the matterhorn, added to the photo after I requested it on another thread.

The earlier post read. . .

"That's not a bad looking graphic...a little like Stone Mountain in GA. I wouldn't mind seeing a version of that with a more intimidating looking rock. Say, the matterhorn.

http://www.matterhorn.no/Nyefile/MHBERGET.jpg

now that is a bad-ass rock."

Tod
December 9th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Must be a b!tch to climb, too!

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 06:52 PM
But don't tell me I'm the first person to notice the thing looks a whole hell of a lot like a penis.

ravens
December 9th, 2005, 08:49 PM
But don't tell me I'm the first person to notice the thing looks a whole hell of a lot like a penis.

Hmmm.interesting response. What do you see on this next Rorscach card? :cool:

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2005, 11:04 PM

well, it does crook to the left a bit at the end.

Is the Matterhorn phallic? This sounds like good AGS poll material.

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Hmmm.interesting response. What do you see on this next Rorscach card? :cool:

I KNEW that was coming, xlolx .

ASU Kep
December 9th, 2005, 11:56 PM
well, it does crook to the left a bit at the end.

Is the Matterhorn phallic? This sounds like good AGS poll material.

It's got BALLS, too.