unipanthers8907
July 10th, 2009, 11:40 AM
http://fcsfballcentral.blogspot.com/

I will start my in-depth look at my pre-season Top 10 on Monday

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
http://fcsfballcentral.blogspot.com/

I will start my in-depth look at my pre-season Top 10 on Monday

Very good list. The only thing I would pick at is that you have 2 TEs and 4 WRs. I know times are changing but picking so many at those type positions, as others are doing, is watering down the 3rd team compared to the teams we saw 10 years ago. With many teams using so many WRs and less TEs and FBs I think you can argue that these WRs benefiting are doing so do to the system and thus I don't like honoring someone who should have big numbers. Not trying to pick on you because others are doing it. I think the list is great. I am glad someone finally gave Harbor a 1st team nod. I think he is the best TE in FCS. Just catching the ball in a pass happy offense isn't everything. I want a guy that is not geared to get the ball 10 times a game who not only puts up good numbers but can block. I like Sicko as a receiver but in all due respect he is suppose to get the ball a lot and he really doesn't block as well as Harbor. Great job though!xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
July 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
SCFBF, I'd also question the lack of Larry Hart while Taylor Scott is on the list...intriguing that Scott would be listed while Hart is not.

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM
SCFBF, I'd also question the lack of Larry Hart while Taylor Scott is on the list...intriguing that Scott would be listed while Hart is not.

I didn't even notice that Hart was left off. I would bump Ruffin to 2nd team and put Hart 1st team. That is a glaring omission for sure.

BEAR
July 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
While I was surprised that Hart was left off, I was even more surprised that Taylor Scott was recognized at all! He is worthy of a spot but most people haven't heard of his efforts! Since moving from DE where he was very successful with over 60 tackles, he has proven his ability to slice an offensive line like butter with over 20 tackles for loss and several sacks and from my recollection, many many forced passes. He's not a guy that will get the hype Hart or Brown or Branson will get, but he gets the job done and many many QBs have had to run for their lives. Way to go UNIPanther! xthumbsupx

CatMom07
July 11th, 2009, 09:34 PM
RB Karrington Bush, Texas State, So.
Bush averaged 185.50 all-purpose yards per game this season, which ranks third nationally. He also became the first Texas State running back since 1997 and second Bobcat all-time to record back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons. He finished the regular season with 1,039 yards and 11 touchdowns on 129 carries, and caught 21 passes for 207 yards. In addition, he returned 37 kickoffs for 980 yards.

crossfire07
July 11th, 2009, 10:26 PM
the NCAA has Bush ending up 6th in all purpose running yards with 179.23 per game and 45th in rushing with 81.92 per game. He will get better with 2 seasons left. http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/conf%20stats/2008000000914P.HTML#APRUN

CatMom07
July 11th, 2009, 11:37 PM
The above stats/summary is from NFL Draft Scout and excludes the playoff game against Montana.

TexasTerror
July 12th, 2009, 07:24 AM
The above stats/summary is from NFL Draft Scout and excludes the playoff game against Montana.

NCAA stats include postseason play. It's a relatively recent phenomenon - as I believe it impacted Georgia Southern's Adrian Petersen's numbers not too long ago.

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
NCAA stats include postseason play. It's a relatively recent phenomenon - as I believe it impacted Georgia Southern's Adrian Petersen's numbers not too long ago.

When is the NCAA going to wake up and include the postseason numbers? AP is being robbed of his rightful place in history by excluding those numbers. On the opposite side of the ball we all know Dexter Coakley is the all-time leading tackler of all divisions with well over 600 tackles and yet has not be given his rightful place in the record books.

CrunchGriz
July 12th, 2009, 11:27 AM
When is the NCAA going to wake up and include the postseason numbers? AP is being robbed of his rightful place in history by excluding those numbers. On the opposite side of the ball we all know Dexter Coakley is the all-time leading tackler of all divisions with well over 600 tackles and yet has not be given his rightful place in the record books.

Ahem...Dave Dickenson...1500 yards passing in the 1995 playoffs alone, not in the record books (twenty extra TD passes in his playoff career not counted).

smallcollegefbfan
July 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Ahem...Dave Dickenson...1500 yards passing in the 1995 playoffs alone, not in the record books (twenty extra TD passes in his playoff career not counted).

He is another one. I just mentioned those two because I know they are the most mentioned among FCS all-time leaders but yes Dickenson and many others are being screwed by that rule.

crossfire07
July 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I know last years playoff games are included in the stats. when they started doing it I don't know.