PDA

View Full Version : NO WAY FURMAN WILL WIN!

matfu
December 5th, 2005, 05:31 PM
there is no way furman can beat app. state in boone. they are too fast and too big and just overall too good. there will be a huge crowd, it will be noisy, furman is not used to playing in the cold, and i think they have won 15 in a row at the rock.

the last time i remember having no chance to win was in the semis in 2001 when we (furman) traveled to the 'borough to play ga southern. they had won 38 home games in a row and had NEVER lost a playoff game in paulsen.

Final score:

Furman-24
Ga Southern 17

WE HAVE NO CHANCE IN BOONE! i mean they have slaughtered us up there 3 games in a row (all my 1 point). i don't even see why we are playing the game.

oh well, guess i will just go to the game like the 2001 semis and watch the apps whip us!

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 05:34 PM
there is no way furman can beat app. state in boone. they are too fast and too big and just overall too good. there will be a huge crowd, it will be noisy, furman is not used to playing in the cold, and i think they have won 15 in a row at the rock.
the last time i remember having no chance to win was in the semis in 2001 when we (furman) traveled to the 'borough to play ga southern. they had won 38 home games in a row and had NEVER lost a playoff game in paulsen.

Final score:

Furman-24
Ga Southern 17

WE HAVE NO CHANCE IN BOONE! i mean they have slaughtered us up there 3 games in a row (all my 1 point). i don't even see why we are playing the game.

oh well, guess i will just go to the game like the 2001 semis and watch the apps whip us!

17 actually.

matfu
December 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM
17 actually.

oops, guess i forgot the two playoff wins. congrats on those. all kidding aside it should be a good game. i look forward to coming to "the rock" in december!

tralfangar
December 5th, 2005, 06:28 PM
go team

JohnStOnge
December 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I'm going to say they have about a 36 percent chance...or about 1 in 3...of beating Appalachian State. The odds are in App's favor but it certainly wouldn't be a big suprise to see the Paladins win.

BTW, I'd put UNI's chance of beating Texas State at about 40 percent...almost a coin flip.

Appstate03
December 5th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I'm going to say they have about a 36 percent chance...or about 1 in 3...of beating Appalachian State. The odds are in App's favor but it certainly wouldn't be a big suprise to see the Paladins win.

BTW, I'd put UNI's chance of beating Texas State at about 40 percent...almost a coin flip.

Doesn't 1 in 3 make 33%. :rolleyes:

catamount man
December 5th, 2005, 08:29 PM
It's gonna be a good one and I cannot wait to see it! I don't care who wins, as being a Catamount I have no dog in this fight, but I will say this. Jerry Moore is truly deserving of a national title IMO as he is a heck of a coach and a heck of a good man. But whomever wins is fine with me, I just want a SoCon team to win it all. Good luck to both! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

eaglesrthe1
December 5th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Certainly. But doesn't 36% make about 1 in 3?

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Certainly. But doesn't 36% make about 1 in 3?

Then why not just say 33% to begin with? :D

Reed Rothchild
December 5th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I know this feeling all too well matfu. No chance was given to UNI for the last 2 weeks and the only people picking us this week are the ones that UNI has taken down.

Tribe4SF
December 6th, 2005, 07:40 AM
I know this feeling all too well matfu. No chance was given to UNI for the last 2 weeks and the only people picking us this week are the ones that UNI has taken down.

Oh, puhleeeze!!! xpumpukex

I voted UNI #1 the first two weeks of the season. xcoffeex

OL FU
December 6th, 2005, 08:03 AM
It's gonna be a good one and I cannot wait to see it! I don't care who wins, as being a Catamount I have no dog in this fight, but I will say this. Jerry Moore is truly deserving of a national title IMO as he is a heck of a coach and a heck of a good man. But whomever wins is fine with me, I just want a SoCon team to win it all. Good luck to both! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I could not agree more. There is just one small problem............

AppGuy04
December 6th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I could not agree more. There is just one small problem............

likewise, I'll be ordering my FU shirt soon and wearing it in Chatty if they beat us

LarryBoy
December 6th, 2005, 11:52 AM
No disrespect to UNI or TxSt, but I wish Furman and App were in separate brackets, for the chance of a meeting in Chattanooga. Alas, we have to settle it in Boone.

App has always been a team I've loved to hate--that being said, if they wind up the victors the next two weekends, I would join the standing ovation without hesitation. They're a heck of a team, and more than good enough to take it all.

There are only a few teams that could beat App in a high pressure game, and the 2005 edition of the Furman Paladins is one of them. Can they do it twice in one year? The odds are against them.

But this is Furman and Appalachian State--any semblance of convention in this game went out the window 5 years ago. Can't wait to step in Kidd Brewer; I'm counting down the days...and studying my butt off for exams so I don't regret the road trip.

texcap
December 6th, 2005, 01:59 PM
No disrespect to UNI or TxSt, but I wish Furman and App were in separate brackets, for the chance of a meeting in Chattanooga. Alas, we have to settle it in Boone.

I will be curious to see how the survivor from the ASU/FU game does in Chattanooga. The tremendous feeling of beating an in conference rival in the semis might just lead to a Chattanooga collapse; sort of an emotional let down. I'm not predicting one, because I think both teams are very good (as are the other two), but it may cause them to at least come out flat.

OL FU
December 6th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I will be curious to see how the survivor from the ASU/FU game does in Chattanooga. The tremendous feeling of beating an in conference rival in the semis might just lead to a Chattanooga collapse; sort of an emotional let down. I'm not predicting one, because I think both teams are very good (as are the other two), but it may cause them to at least come out flat.

I think there is a lot to that but it is not a rule. FU had something like that in 2001. Left a lot on the field in Paulson. (Montana had something to do with it also).

HiHiYikas
December 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM

Reminds me of the Yankees 2003 loss to the Marlins in the WS after one of the best LCS's ever.

Totally possible, perhaps even probable.

MarkCCU
December 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I would normally pull for my fellow South Carolina school, but Furman does not have a chance. AppState, IMO, has better talent on the team right now. Furman is going to have a tough time playing, especially when(if) the weather gets to where it is a rare condition for them.

MarkCCU
December 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM
:twocents: just my :twocents:

FU97
December 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I would normally pull for my fellow South Carolina school, but Furman does not have a chance. AppState, IMO, has better talent on the team right now. Furman is going to have a tough time playing, especially when(if) the weather gets to where it is a rare condition for them.

So we don't have a chance to beat a team we already beat once this year? Good thought process there Einstein.

The weather won't be an issue. They haven't played in snow either (forecast isn't calling for it) and it won't be any colder than it was for the Richmond game.

OL FU
December 6th, 2005, 02:59 PM

Mark, just because bandl passed along his trophy does not mean that you have to live up to his example :rolleyes: :D

MarkCCU
December 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I know all of that. But teams lose to a team they had been beaten earlier in the year. It has happened before. Sorry, but I just don't see Furman winning. If they win, I'll congratulate them. just don't see it happeneing though. I'm not trying to live up to retard of the day, lol, believe me. I am having what they call a "blonde moment":twocents:

OL FU
December 6th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I know all of that. But teams lose to a team they had been beaten earlier in the year. It has happened before. Sorry, but I just don't see Furman winning. If they win, I'll congratulate them. just don't see it happeneing though. :twocents:

there is a big difference between I don't see it happening and does not have a chance. A real big difference. This first one is an opinion that I can accept. the second let's you keep the trophy.

MarkCCU
December 6th, 2005, 03:07 PM
So we don't have a chance to beat a team we already beat once this year? Good thought process there Einstein.

The weather won't be an issue. They haven't played in snow either (forecast isn't calling for it) and it won't be any colder than it was for the Richmond game.

As to forcastes, i'm not sure how unpredictable it is up there. But yesterday was forcasted to be right and sunny. Instead it was bleak and rained allday flooding the city. While in Rock Hill for a few weeks they guy was tellin us the week will be nice and sunny, no chances of snow or rain. The next day it snowed. But, i don't know how unpredictable or how the weather is up in that part.

I must be retarded, i've confused and misrepresented myself so much on this thread, i'm gonna go home, have some whiskey and fall asleep :doh: :doh: :doh: