PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga question for those who have been

dirtbag
December 5th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I'm trying to decide whether to fly in Thursday or Friday morning. Is there anything that happens on Thursday that's worth showing up a day early for?

TxSt02
December 5th, 2005, 02:24 PM
and where should we stay on Friday night???

...i have a feeling this is going to turn into a smack board...

bandl
December 5th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I'm trying to decide whether to fly in Thursday or Friday morning. Is there anything that happens on Thursday that's worth showing up a day early for?

Where will you be flying from?

IMO, half the fun is the road trip itself. Make your own fun! Rent an RV, buy a keg...your friends will be begging to tag along.

TxSt02
December 5th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Where will you be flying from?

IMO, half the fun is the road trip itself. Make your own fun! Rent an RV, buy a keg...your friends will be begging to tag along.

this is what I will be doing... driving in from Texas State with some buds...

JSU Fan
December 5th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Chattanooga is a cool town. Lot's of historic & natural wonders and man-made (TN Aquarium, IMAX) things as well. The North Shore (ask a local) is also a place with a lot of restaurants & bars and nightlife.

Take in the Duck Boat tour if you can swing it too. Nice way to see the city.

Fly in as early as you can. It's a fun town.

Out.

http://www.see-tennessee.com/cities/chattanooga/chattanooga_to_dos.htm

Eagle_77
December 5th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Wow sounds like you guys have wrapped up a spot in the NC game already. No really its a great town. I liked staying at the Chattanooga Cho-Cho. I believe that its a Holiday Inn. One great place to eat is called Sticky Fingers. Its a rib place that has started spreading out over the south but the original was in Chattanooga.

bandl
December 5th, 2005, 02:38 PM
this is what I will be doing... driving in from Texas State with some buds...
Hell yeah!!!
You have a bathroom, a keg of frosty liquid courage, at least one bedroom at your disposal (get some honeys to tag along with you), heading to see a game in the highest level of college playoff football this country has to offer....what could be better??? :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

JMU Duke Dog
December 5th, 2005, 02:46 PM

The former JMU president Dr. Carrier threw a party in Chattanooga on the Thursday night before gameday. Maybe your school will do the same?

JMU Duke Dog
December 5th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Wow sounds like you guys have wrapped up a spot in the NC game already. No really its a great town. I liked staying at the Chattanooga Cho-Cho. I believe that its a Holiday Inn. One great place to eat is called Sticky Fingers. Its a rib place that has started spreading out over the south but the original was in Chattanooga.

Moon Pies also originate from Chattanooga.

FU97
December 5th, 2005, 02:49 PM

Sticky Fingers was first opened in Mt Pleasant. I think the originators originally grew up in Chatty though.

igo4uni
December 5th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Hell yeah!!!
You have a bathroom, a keg of frosty liquid courage, at least one bedroom at your disposal (get some honeys to tag along with you), heading to see a game in the highest level of college playoff football this country has to offer....what could be better??? :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I'd suggest this beauty (made in Forest City, Iowa, by the way):

http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/recVehicles/itasca/_images_main/el-ext.jpg
Built for cruising

http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/recVehicles/itasca/_images_main/el-f2b.jpg
Spacious living room

http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/recVehicles/itasca/_images_main/el-bed.jpg
Comfy bed!!!

http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/recVehicles/itasca/_images_main/el-gal.jpg
Big kitchen area

What more do you need??

nmatsen
December 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Wherever you decide to get a room please let me know, I would like one of the top floors of the hotel please, I just thought I would make my suggestion seeings how you are going to be offering to sell the room to me Friday night about 10:30 anyway xazzx

TxSt02
December 5th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Wherever you decide to get a room please let me know, I would like one of the top floors of the hotel please, I just thought I would make my suggestion seeings how you are going to be offering to sell the room to me Friday night about 10:30 anyway xazzx

will do... you coming to Tejas for the game?

nmatsen
December 5th, 2005, 04:06 PM
As much as I would love to I will not be able to make it down. I need to save my money for Nooga! If we don't get to Nooga (to avoid smack) I will just have to wait til next year. Sounds like it will be a great time, I am kind of sad I am going to miss it, all post season EWU fans (just before the game, after they have been pretty cool) were very cocky and un-pleasant (deservably so, the cocky part) and NH fans, don't even get me started on them, but you guys are a different story, you all (yall) seem pretty calm and a bunch of people (folks) that love football. That is awesome, as much as my heart can't take another one, I hope we see one for the ages!

SeaYosef
December 5th, 2005, 04:17 PM
One great place to eat is called Sticky Fingers. Its a rib place that has started spreading out over the south but the original was in Chattanooga.

Not so fast my friend..... The ORIGINAL Sticky Fingers was opened in Mt. Pleasant, SC (Just outside Charleston). I think the owners are from Nooga, but the restaurat opened in Mt. P.

Either way though... the ribs are GREAT!!

Goes great with some :beerchug: And a Mountaineer victory in Chattanooga!!!!!!!!!

ButlerGSU
December 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I'm staying at Staybridge Suits, according to the web sites it's .3 miles from Finley Stadium (same street) and it's basically brand new. Not bad rates either, I got a two bedroom suit for $89 (plus all the taxes). Anyone wanting to meet up and tailgate with an Eagles PM me.

GASIUalum
December 5th, 2005, 05:32 PM
you cant go wrong with Chattanooga as long as you stay north of I -24, south of I-24 can be fairly rough if you end up in the wrong spot until you reach the ridges and mountains.

north shore is the trendy/artsy part of town
UTC is east of downtown.
if you goto I-75 north, that'll take you to Brainerd Road and Shallowford Road/Gunbarrel Road, those are the 2 main strips of commerce aside from downtown.

bobcatfan06
December 5th, 2005, 06:27 PM
will do... you coming to Tejas for the game?

You are taking an RV???? I want on it!!!!! :hurray:

ASU Kep
December 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I'll be driving in from ATL. Might spend the night in my truck (no $$$) depending on how inebriated I am afterwards.

TxSt02
December 5th, 2005, 08:55 PM
You are taking an RV???? I want on it!!!!! :hurray:

Man I wish... that would be nice.

BTW, does your girlfriend have any friends? Kinda out of the blue but looking for some loving now that Im back in town... Check and see. thanks man

GASIUalum
December 5th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Kep-if you arent too inebriated, i'd drive back down into Georgia(Dalton or Ringgold specifically for some cheaper hotels).