PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to UNI

dwtime
December 5th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Great effort by UNI on Saturday, they have been playing this way the last couple months and got a deserving win against my Cats.

Anyone who thought this was going to be a blowout should have only been suprised by their own ingnorance. I was happy to see the UNH defense step up somewhat in the second half and hold UNI to only 3 points. UNH had a 'good' defense this year. A 'great' defense would not have given up 21 1st half points but a lousy defense (as many have said) would not have held UNI and allow the offense to get UNH back in the game.

UNI must have pulled a page from the UNH defense notebook, bend but don't break is exactly what they did. They gave up alot of yards but had key 3rd and 4th down stops and got the turnovers (3 to 1) that the UNH D has thrived on.

To me the key point of the game was UNH's 4th down play that UNI stopped with about 8:00 left in the game. IMO if McCoy makes that catch UNH probably would have eventually scored at TD or at least tied the game. UNI tipped the ball and that had to be one of their defensive plays of the year.

Again congrats to Northern Iowa, your team is my favorite to win the NC. xprost2x

Note the change of avatars to Northern Iowa, go UNI!

eagle1
December 5th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Congrats Panthers from an EWU Eagles fan on the great win over UNH. I am pulling or you guys to win the whole damn thing. I sure would like to see UNI come up to Cheney for a game in the future. You guys seem to have our number at the dome. Once again best of luck against the Bobcats. Go Eagles!!!

Killsback
December 5th, 2005, 11:24 AM
UNI fans..just think back to the fourth and 2 against SIU when you went for the TD..If you don't get that, the Salukis probably win and UNI stays home for the playoffs. What a wonderful ride your are on..enjoy it.

Granite
December 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I've said it in several other threads, but my congrats go out to the Panthers as well. UNH couldn't do on Saturday what it was able to do all season - let our offense control the game. I was proud of our defense on Saturday - they did what they had to do to give the offense a chance, and despite all of the yards, we just couldn't seem to get it done when it mattered (Red Zone, 3rd and 4th downs, etc.). While I'm sure that this is the last thing the UNH players want to think about right now, these are the kinds of games that provide the extra motivation in the weight room in the off season. 2005 was a great season for the Wildcats, but this team still has a lot to prove next year.

Note the change of avatars to Northern Iowa, go UNI!I'm not quite ready to go there, but I'll echo the "Go UNI!" Hope you guys achieve what we all wanted when these playoffs began! :beerchug:

Pantherpower
December 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Much appreciated posts by all. It has been nothing short of amazing to watch these "cardiac cats" play ball the last month and a half. Heart and desire can carry you a long ways....Hopefully all the way to Chattanooga! :xmas: