PDA

View Full Version : The Wall At Delaware

blukeys
July 6th, 2009, 12:53 AM
I am posting this in the off season because I know that if I posted this in season, this would get buried.

Delaware will eventually build a new facility. They have begun fundraising albeit on a minor scale. That being said Delaware Stadium is now 53 years old and evntually will have to be modified or replaced.

I have been told by certain "administrators" that the UD method of eliminating male liquid waste does not comply with current EPA regulations. Any new facility or alterations to the existing facility could end the current custom of the WALL.

One would hope that Joe Biden could demonstrate a semblance of relevance and get the EPA off of UD's back.

but I am not in favor of waiting for the Political class.

For those of you who, who are not Delaware fans, who have exprienced the advantages of the WALL, I would appreciate your input and support. The EPA should never dictate how we relieve ourselves at a Delaware Game!!!!!!!

Big Dawg
July 6th, 2009, 01:49 AM
We have a "wall" in Bragg Stadium, as well.

Tribe4SF
July 6th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Keep the Wall!!! It allows for complete expression of one's artisitic nature.:o

93henfan
July 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Not only should the GWOP be kept, they should build The National Urine Trough Hall of Fame (NUTHOF) adjacent to the stadium.

ButlerGSU
July 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Explain to the rest of us what the 'wall' is...

GaSouthern
July 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah, to me it sounds like a wall next to the stadium famous for being pissed on?

MR. CHICKEN
July 6th, 2009, 08:20 AM
AFTERAH CONSUMIN' MANY ROAD TINS......DUH SPLASHBACK......CAN STAIN YER TUBESOX.....:o...AWK!

andy7171
July 6th, 2009, 10:31 AM
The mens room in the tub doesn't have any urinals, just a porcelin wall and trough on the floor.

CLASSY!

MR. CHICKEN
July 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
The mens room in the tub doesn't have any urinals, just a porcelin wall and trough on the floor.

CLASSY!

WE PREFER.......CHARMIN'.......xrotatehx......BRAWK!!

Henwatcher
July 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM
The wall's gotta stay!!! However, they could lower the trough a few inches to help the ol' one-eyed Willie from gettin' splashed while your reelin' him back in. Kinda makes for a soggy hotdog roll if ya stop at the concession stand on the way back to your seat. KEEP THE WALL!!!

jmufan999
July 6th, 2009, 11:35 AM
oh AWESOME!!! i wish we had one. i waited for the ENTIRE halftime to use one of the bathrooms for the Montana game. not cool. wish we had a wall. screw anyone that tries to change your tradition, that's BS. i wish people wouldn't get their panties all in a bunch sometimes.

93henfan
July 6th, 2009, 11:35 AM

CLASSY!

Porcelain? Pshaw.

Try marble buddy. And yes, it is classy. Johnny Unitas once attended a game at Delaware Stadium and said that he'd want one in any stadium that was ever named after him. Way to ruin his legacy with your fancy new restrooms at Towson. xnonono2x

89Hen
July 6th, 2009, 11:37 AM

CLASSY!
It is. It's also very handy when you have more than 2,000 men in attendance. xwhistlex

jimbo65
July 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Just wondering, what do the fans do re. the other call of nature. Is there a communal pit or something.:)

andy7171
July 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Just wondering, what do the fans do re. the other call of nature. Is there a communal pit or something.:)

Same wall.

xlolx

93henfan
July 6th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Same wall.

xlolx

Yes. The splashback serves as a bidet.

But seriously, who takes s***s at football games, other than Joe Paterno? xeyebrowx

catbob
July 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
The poll question is what we marketers call a "leading question". Haha.

andy7171
July 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM
But seriously, who takes s***s at football games, other than Joe Paterno? xeyebrowx
My first thoughts as well. xconfusedx

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Old City Stadium in Richmond has more of 'troughs' than 'walls', but we're making a hard push to get them to transport the troughs cross town ... and build the new On-Campus Stadium around them.

If they don't oblige, I plan to bring a hazmat suit and a sledgehammer for our final game and bring home a piece of concrete.

Good luck with your wall.

andy7171
July 6th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Old Memorial Stadium had 10' long troughs and the lines would go both sides, face to face. You got rid of your ego if you had to go. :oxnonono2x

UNIFanSince1983
July 6th, 2009, 02:29 PM
The UNI-Dome employs the trough system, and it seems to work very well. I don't see how this Wall system is much different. So why not keep it!

93henfan
July 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Old Memorial Stadium had 10' long troughs and the lines would go both sides, face to face. You got rid of your ego if you had to go. :oxnonono2x

Hate to be stereotypical, but in a situation like that, you try to anticipate not getting the tall brother as your potty buddy. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
July 6th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Chatty has a trough system as well - no wall, just a trough.

turbodean
July 6th, 2009, 02:48 PM
"Now when I got to the bathroom I find out who my friends are." xlolx
- Jake Scott (Miami Dolphins) after both broken hands were in casts following the 1972 season

McNeese75
July 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
It's tradition so keep it. Kinda like Classic games :D

Uncle Buck
July 6th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hofstra's Shuart Stadium used to have the trough, call me weird, but i got a little grossed out pissing into a trough, especially if you were at the low end. I don't need my pee mixing with anyone elses.

Hoyadestroya85
July 6th, 2009, 04:40 PM
This is ridiculous! Big brother wants to take away the right to urinal freedom! They don't realize that it's hard to have good aim after a couple (or 10) cold ones.

Henwatcher
July 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Many very important people have hung out at that wall.

LacesOut
July 6th, 2009, 08:18 PM
It should be kept!!

Can you imagine standing in line and having to wait?! I've seen the long lines outside of the womens bathroom and want no part of that!! LOL

Go...gate
July 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
AFTERAH CONSUMIN' MANY ROAD TINS......DUH SPLASHBACK......CAN STAIN YER TUBESOX.....:o...AWK!

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolx

Tribe4SF
July 7th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Many very important people have hung out at that wall.

Yes, we have.:D