PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Pulley Named to Payton List, Vann earns Preseason AA

smallcollegefbfan
July 4th, 2009, 09:26 PM
According to this Pulley has already been named to the Walter Payton Watch list and Vann was named an All-American by The Sporting News. The reason I posted this is because the Payton list has not been announced but obviously someone spilled the beans he would be on it.

http://www.wctv.tv/sports/headlines/49929217.html

For the record, I know most of the names that will be on the list and you can guess on the usual suspects. If a player was on it last year they will be on the list this year. I don't expect to see an OL named to it this year. Keep an eye on the Villanova OT because if he is a 1st team All-American this year, he could possibly be the first ever OL named to the Payton Watch in 2010.

Hoyadestroya85
July 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM
so are you saying that Ben Ijalana could be the Orlando Pace of the FCS?

TexasTerror
July 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
According to this Pulley has already been named to the Walter Payton Watch list and Vann was named an All-American by College Sporting News. The reason I posted this is because the Payton list has not been announced but obviously someone spilled the beans he would be on it.

I hope Dave Coulson properly informs the FAMU athletic department of the error of their ways. xnonono2x

And do you mean Sporting News? CSN has not announced their preseason All-American listing.

smallcollegefbfan
July 5th, 2009, 07:23 AM
so are you saying that Ben Ijalana could be the Orlando Pace of the FCS?

It is possible. He is the only OL in FCS that has a lot of hype going into his junior season. It would take an OL who has been a 2-time all-conference and at least a 1st team All-American going into his senior season to even get a look for the list. It would also mean he needs to have a name that voters know and would consider. Probably will help their chances to be on a good team but be the best offensive player on that team as well.

smallcollegefbfan
July 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I hope Dave Coulson properly informs the FAMU athletic department of the error of their ways. xnonono2x

And do you mean Sporting News? CSN has not announced their preseason All-American listing.

He should do that because when I saw that I figured that the list was up and I just missed it and when I checked I realized that they probably don't want that known yet.

Yes meant Sporting News and corrected it. Thanks for pointing out the typo. Don't want to confuse people.

Big Dawg
July 5th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Oh well...Curtis Pulley and Leroy Vann are two of the most dangerous players in FCS this year.

TexasTerror
July 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Oh well...Curtis Pulley and Leroy Vann are two of the most dangerous players in FCS this year.

Not questioning that.

Questioning FAMU's inability to follow the guidelines set forth to SIDs and schools as it relates to certain information. xnonono2x