PDA

View Full Version : SBU's New Field Turf Surface

Seawolf97
July 2nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Installed and ready for service is our new 89,298 sq. foot Field Turf Field. It looks great and completed in about 2 weeks . Both end zones have Red Block Letter Seawolves trimmed in white as are all the yard markers. A Red Block Letter
SB trimmed in white is at mid field. The original surface was 7 years old and needed replacement
Ladies soccer will be the first to use it when they host Iona on 8/21. That coupled with our 360 million dollar endowment as of 6/30 is making 2009 look good.

Seawolf97
July 2nd, 2009, 09:48 PM
Just an add on . Land -Tek was the contractor that installed this surface. They will also install
the surface for Joe Nathan Field scheduled for construction in June 2010 with a completion date of 2011 in time for the baseball season.

Redwyn
July 3rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Hmm, any update on the indoor athletic facility for Basketball? Was hoping to see the 2010 season there.

kdinva
July 3rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
I just looked at the slide-show on SBU's site; nice lookin' field, now.

Liberty's new playing surface looks great, CCU is constructing a new FB support building in one end zone, VMI did $9M worth of upgrades three years ago, G-Webb did some expanding in 2005, I believe. And, I am sure Presby. and Chuck South have plans on the table, but funding is a chore for both schools..........

Seawolf97
July 3rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
I just looked at the slide-show on SBU's site; nice lookin' field, now.

Liberty's new playing surface looks great, CCU is constructing a new FB support building in one end zone, VMI did $9M worth of upgrades three years ago, G-Webb did some expanding in 2005, I believe. And, I am sure Presby. and Chuck South have plans on the table, but funding is a chore for both schools..........

Thanks. Sounds like all the Big South programs are upgrading their facilites or plan to. Thats good for the conference and helps for recruiting along the way.