Oct. 10 Chattanooga at Samford 3:00
Oct. 17 Appalachian State at Wofford 3:00
Oct. 24 Georgia Southern at Appalachian State 3:00
Nov. 7 Wofford at The Citadel 3:00
Nov. 14 Appalachian State at Elon 3:00
Nov. 21 Wofford at Furman 3:00
*ALL TIMES EASTERN

xthumbsupx

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/07/02/socon-sportsouth-announce-2009-televisio?blog=2

catamount man
July 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Well, I hate we only get one game, but hopefully it'll be a good one.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

phoenixphanatic21
July 3rd, 2009, 10:47 AM
It's nice to see us on TV twice, especially for the App game. But I'll be honest, I'm kinda disappointed they aren't broadcasting the Elon-Georgia Southern game. I'd be willing to trade the Furman game for that. Oh well. Just ne more thing to get me psyched for the football season.

GO PHOENIX!

SCPALADIN
July 3rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Hate seeing furman home games on the Brain Drain machine. Gives the wine and cheese crew an excuse to stay at home...also makes the away side look 1/2 empty.

catamount man
July 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
I found out local feed in the Asheville/Gville/Sburg market may show THREE WCU home games. Furman, The Citadel and Wofford. xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

The Cats
July 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
I found out local feed in the Asheville/Gville/Sburg market may show THREE WCU home games. Furman, The Citadel and Wofford. xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

That's great for local visibility in the Asheville area for Catamount football..... but it could have a double edge, meaning some locals that might otherwise come to the game.... might opt to watch on TV.

Gringer1
July 3rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, TV games are hit and miss all around. Some people will just stay home and watch on TV, but then you get more exposure and recruiting points. I think TV helps overall, but there's definitely a down side.

catamount man
July 4th, 2009, 07:59 AM
That's great for local visibility in the Asheville area for Catamount football..... but it could have a double edge, meaning some locals that might otherwise come to the game.... might opt to watch on TV.

That's true. Hey don't forget about the Catamount Club cookout in Cullowhee on August 8th. It's gonna be fun!

GO CATS!!!

PaladinFan
July 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM
It's nice to see us on TV twice, especially for the App game. But I'll be honest, I'm kinda disappointed they aren't broadcasting the Elon-Georgia Southern game. I'd be willing to trade the Furman game for that. Oh well. Just ne more thing to get me psyched for the football season.

GO PHOENIX!

Haha, be thankful they do televise. It wasn't too long ago that it seemed the only televised games were FU/GSU, GSU/ASU, and FU/ASU

phoenixphanatic21
July 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Haha, be thankful they do televise. It wasn't too long ago that it seemed the only televised games were FU/GSU, GSU/ASU, and FU/ASU

Touche sir. You've got me there.

drpnut
July 6th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Does any one know who will announce the games? Will it still be Coach "Scratchy Voice" Wyche?

AppStFan76
July 6th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Does any one know who will announce the games? Will it still be Coach "Scratchy Voice" Wyche?

I hope not! I always try and sync the sound from the radio with David Jackson to the TV....only had it to work once.

And I hate hearing whats going to happen before I see it:)

phoenixphanatic21
July 6th, 2009, 08:43 AM
It's gonna be Tom Werne doing play-by-play and Coach "Scratchy Voice" Wyche doing color.

PaladinFan
July 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
It's gonna be Tom Werne doing play-by-play and Coach "Scratchy Voice" Wyche doing color.

No one really likes the color commentary on Fox Sports (I certainly don't). They occassionally throw out that former GSU player who barely speaks the King's English (can't remember the name). Wyche has more football knowledge in his little finger than just about any other commentator out there. Like him or not, he's a heckuva lot better than some of the other alternatives I've seen on FSS.

If you don't like his commentary, that's fine. Don't hold his voice against him, though.

AppStFan76
July 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
No one really likes the color commentary on Fox Sports (I certainly don't). They occassionally throw out that former GSU player who barely speaks the King's English (can't remember the name). Wyche has more football knowledge in his little finger than just about any other commentator out there. Like him or not, he's a heckuva lot better than some of the other alternatives I've seen on FSS.

If you don't like his commentary, that's fine. Don't hold his voice against him, though.

It doesnt supprise me that a FU guy would support Wyche....:D

He's the biggers Furman homer I think I've ever heard.

But you're right he has a lot of knowledge

PaladinFan
July 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM
It doesnt supprise me that a FU guy would support Wyche....:D

He's the biggers Furman homer I think I've ever heard.

But you're right he has a lot of knowledge

Yes, I just don't think you are going to get any announcers without an affiliation with a SoCon school. And besides, he doesn't just do Furman games.

JDC325
July 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM

Wyche is the biggest unprofessional homer announcer there is and he voice should be one of the most scrutinized things since folks have to listen. I guess next you want us not to hold a pilots vision against him. Sent that old homer hack into retirement.

PaladinFan
July 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Wyche is the biggest unprofessional homer announcer there is and he voice should be one of the most scrutinized things since folks have to listen. I guess next you want us not to hold a pilots vision against him. Sent that old homer hack into retirement.

I'm not defending him. If you don't like him, go call FSN instead of posting on a forum to whine about it.

Fact remains, I've been unimpressed with the announcers on that network. Wyche, however, at least uses correct grammar and complete sentences which stacks him well ahead of some of his colleagues.

whoanellie
July 6th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I hope not! I always try and sync the sound from the radio with David Jackson to the TV....only had it to work once.

And I hate hearing whats going to happen before I see it:)

i guess you would, Jackson is the Woody Durham of D-aa. good but a homer in the first degree.

GaSouthern
July 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Great Exposure, Hope to not have quite as much of a scare from you guys at home this season, hopefully we will get some good exposure from that. :)

crossfire07
July 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM
bad thing about being present at a game that is on tv is the tv timeouts. waiting what seems like FOREVER for that 3rd and goal play. geeez xrotatehx

biggie
July 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM
i guess you would, Jackson is the Woody Durham of D-aa. good but a homer in the first degree.
Yes, but when someone is broadcasting just on a teams station, then I excuse it.

For TV broadcasters I hate it... Billy Packer.

AppStFan76
July 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Yes, but when someone is broadcasting just on a teams station, then I excuse it.

For TV broadcasters I hate it... Billy Packer.

Beat me to it!!!

The thing is when David Jackson and Steve Brown see a play or call that goes App's way and it shouldnt they are the first to admit it. However, they are App annoucers they're supposed to pull for the school/team they are announcing for!

Same thing as watching the game from Chattanooga last year or the JMU game online, their announcers were bias for their team.

TV is different...IMO