PDA

View Full Version : GSU messageboard?

tarmac
December 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Anyone know whats up with the GSU message board being down?

JSU Fan
December 4th, 2005, 09:30 PM
The AD fired it? :smiley_wi

Couldn't resist.

Out.

GSUISBACK
December 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Its not down.

chattanoogamocs
December 4th, 2005, 11:20 PM
One of the admins, Eagle 22, said that because of the massive amounts of bandwidth being used, that only registered member are able to view all areas (it doesn't cost anything...you just have to be register and signed on).

If any of this is incorrect, I am sure another Eagle fan will be along soon enough to give the correct scoop.

Eagle22
December 4th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Yes, that's accurate.

We've burned through a ton of bandwidth since the 29th. We're running on a supposedly "unlimited" bandwidth plan, but had scaled back onto a shared server this past year, and our hosting company asked us to try and limit the concurrent users .... we've changed the read permissions to registered users only to see if that will settle things down a bit ... probably won't ;)

Looks like we'll be back on a dedicated server soon .... We had just under 900,000 hits on the 29th ... which was obviously a one-day record for my site ....

Meanwhile, registration is free, and we've temporarily disabled the admin-verification for new accounts.

TXST_CAT
December 5th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Yes, that's accurate.

We've burned through a ton of bandwidth since the 29th. We're running on a supposedly "unlimited" bandwidth plan, but had scaled back onto a shared server this past year, and our hosting company asked us to try and limit the concurrent users .... we've changed the read permissions to registered users only to see if that will settle things down a bit ... probably won't ;)

Looks like we'll be back on a dedicated server soon .... We had just under 900,000 hits on the 29th ... which was obviously a one-day record for my site ....

Meanwhile, registration is free, and we've temporarily disabled the admin-verification for new accounts.

Any new HC news?