PDA

View Full Version : NW St Has Baylor Locked In for 2006

TexasTerror
December 4th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Northwestern St has reportedly sealed a deal to play Baylor in 2006 according to an article about Central Arkansas and their 2006 schedule. Ole Miss is on the 2007 schedule for the Demons.

Baylor has played Texas State and Sam Houston State in recent years, getting wins over both teams...

blackfordpu
December 4th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Any news on the SHSU/UT game TT? Is it still on?

Dallas Demon
December 4th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Northwestern St has reportedly sealed a deal to play Baylor in 2006 according to an article about Central Arkansas and their 2006 schedule. Ole Miss is on the 2007 schedule for the Demons.

Baylor has played Texas State and Sam Houston State in recent years, getting wins over both teams...

What article? We had Ole Miss for 2006 & 2007 and Kansas for 2006. I believe if the Baylor game was to be worked out for 2006, Kansas would move back to 2007. I'm anxious to hear the source and if indeed finalized.

TexasTerror
December 5th, 2005, 06:54 AM
From the way I read it, NW St was on UCA for 2006 and had to back out due to Baylor. Then 2007 game vs UCA is early due to Ole Miss being later in the year...

Here's how fluid and crazy things got last week: UCA had Northwestern State of Louisiana (an SLC member) on the schedule at home but the Demons had to back out because of an opportunity to play a "money game" on the same date at Baylor.

There is an understanding among SLC members that they work with each other on scheduling logistics if one gets the opportunity for a high-revenue game against a Division I opponent. For example, Northwestern State is on the UCA schedule for 2007 but the conference game will take place earlier than normal to allow the Louisiana school to play a "money game" at Ole Miss later in the season.

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/120405/spo_1204050037.shtml

TexasTerror
December 5th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Any news on the SHSU/UT game TT? Is it still on?

I honestly think the talk of it being off is complete garbage by KatFans.com individuals. They have to realize Texas scheduled us because they couldn't find anyone and they were pretty ticked to have to schedule us in the first place. Unless they find a game and it's doubtful they do considering they'd stomp a hole in anyone with all they have returning (and most schedules are set for Div Is now), they won't bail...

Problem is, if they bail out on us, we're gonna get stuck playing a really awful NAIA or something...

bcrawf
December 5th, 2005, 09:22 AM
UNI will Play at Iowa State in 2006, 2007, and 2008.

TexasTerror
December 5th, 2005, 09:59 AM
SHSU has SMU and Texas in 2006...

Another I-A game in 2007 is expected...

blackfordpu
December 5th, 2005, 12:55 PM
SHSU has SMU and Texas in 2006...

Another I-A game in 2007 is expected...

I-A games are not a bad thing until we start playing powerhouses like Tech and Texas. SMU and Houston are good I-A games to play, they are winnable.

TexasTerror
December 5th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I-A games are not a bad thing until we start playing powerhouses like Tech and Texas. SMU and Houston are good I-A games to play, they are winnable.

We should play ULL. Now that I'm moving back to NOLA, that's a game I can make! Wouldn't mind playing Tulane either, but they have SELA or Nicholls to choose from...

TexasTerror
December 14th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Brent over on BobcatFans is reporting this game is set for September 9th in Waco...

From the Baylor Bears web site...

2006 Baylor Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time
Sept. 2 TCU TBA
Sept. 9 Northwestern (La.) State TBA
Sept. 16 at Washington State (Seattle, Wash.) TBA
Sept. 23 Army (Parents' Day) TBA
Sept. 30 Kansas State TBA
Oct. 7 at Colorado TBA
Oct. 14 at Texas TBA
Oct. 21 Kansas (Homecoming) TBA
Oct. 28 Texas A&M TBA
Nov. 4 at Texas Tech TBA
Nov. 11 at Oklahoma State TBA
Nov. 18 Oklahoma TBA

NSUDemon98
December 14th, 2005, 01:35 PM

We play Ole Miss consecutively...in 2006 AND 2007. It was originally a two year deal. As far as I know we will play both Baylor and Ole Miss next season...

Bison_Kent
December 14th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I thought I received a release that Northwestern State would also be playing at Kansas next year too. I can't imagine three I-A games in the same year though.

NSUDemon98
December 14th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I thought I received a release that Northwestern State would also be playing at Kansas next year too. I can't imagine three I-A games in the same year though.

The '06 Kansas game was moved to '07 so we could play Baylor in '06.

As far as I know our schedule for 2006 looks like this:

Ole Miss-Away
Baylor-Away
Nickles St.-Away
SFA-Away
SLU-Away
UNI?-Home
Arkansas Monticello-Home
Texas St.-Home
SHSU-Home
McNeese-Home

Dallas Demon
December 20th, 2005, 12:16 AM
The '06 Kansas game was moved to '07 so we could play Baylor in '06.

As far as I know our schedule for 2006 looks like this:

Ole Miss-Away
Baylor-Away
Nickles St.-Away
SFA-Away
SLU-Away
UNI?-Home
Arkansas Monticello-Home
Texas St.-Home
SHSU-Home
McNeese-Home

Are you sure the Kansas game was moved to 2007?

PantherMan
December 20th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Are you sure the Kansas game was moved to 2007?

If not then NWSU might just have the toughest non-con schedule a IAA could make for themselves... :eek:

Kansas, Ole Miss, Baylor, UNI?!? Holy cow! Granted, those three IA programs aren't national championship contenders...but still...

TexasTerror
December 20th, 2005, 06:23 AM
So, three I-As is a certain? What the heck is the thinking?!?