PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report: "FBS Teams That Need To Beware The FCS In 2009"

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 27th, 2009, 02:09 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/204002-fbs-teams-that-need-to-beware-the-fcs-in-2009

Looks like they forgot about 'Nova-Temple and SIU-Marshall.

aust42
June 27th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Nova-Temple was mentioned on page 3 of the article.

How could this guy not mention Navy vs Delaware? That's an easy "upset" prediction.

Silenoz
June 27th, 2009, 03:04 PM
edit: ah, aust beat me to it

Funny how he didn't mention anything about New Hampshire's recent successes against I-A

MaroonDoom
June 29th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I think the EKU- Indiana game is a stretch. EKU will be breaking in a new QB.

elon77
June 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I think the EKU- Indiana game is a stretch. EKU will be breaking in a new QB.

MaroonDoom, great picture. The 4 Horsemen were the greatest showman of all time. The Anderson's, Tully Blanchard, and the Nature Boy. What memories.

andy7171
June 29th, 2009, 08:42 AM

How could this guy not mention Navy vs Delaware? That's an easy "upset" prediction.

Is this just based on the Penn State transfer?

BEAR
June 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I love it. Two teams from the FBS have to be aware about a transitional Division II squad from UCA. xlolx Not sure if that is saying something positive about the transitional squad or something negative about the FBS squads. xeekx But I do think the difference in scholarship levels will make the difference in the games, but probably only for Hawaii, not Western Kentucky. Heck, if I were younger and had a choice between UCA and Hawaii.....who wouldn't? :Dxlolx

ASUG8
June 29th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Wow, no love for ASU/ECU, not even the honorable mention. It will make it even more epic if we can win the battle of the beards. :D

jmufan999
June 29th, 2009, 09:23 AM

navy was 8-5 last year and a bowl berth... making a bowl doesn't say a TON, but i think you might be confusing army (sucks) with navy (doesn't suck now that they run the triple option). also not sure if i would call any FCS upset "easy" since we lose approximately 96% of all games vs. FBS teams.

Syntax Error
June 29th, 2009, 11:28 AM
navy was 8-5 last year and a bowl berth...

Gee, have we heard that before? Even with a whole 22 more schollies the FBS manages to lose. Oops, forgot that certain JMU fan 999 have hopes of being FBS.

runHENrun
June 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Navy was bowl bound in 07 as well, shortly after a loss to the 'Fightin Blue Hens.'

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
navy was 8-5 last year and a bowl berth... making a bowl doesn't say a TON, but i think you might be confusing army (sucks) with navy (doesn't suck now that they run the triple option). also not sure if i would call any FCS upset "easy" since we lose approximately 96% of all games vs. FBS teams.

You realize that Delaware beat Navy two of the last three times, right? And both of those years Navy got a bowl bid.

And as far as the winning percentage goes, yes it's underwhelming, but you have to keep in mind the matchups that you have. Most of the time teams capable of getting into lower-tier bowl games don't play top FCS teams.

GannonFan
June 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM

In the past 5 years, UD is 2-1 against Navy, and in all 3 of those years Navy went to a bowl game. Neither of those wins were "easy", but if UD brings a good team into the game they can, and have, beaten Navy. This year's team could repeat that past success.