PDA

View Full Version : New Pictures of KBS Construction

AppMan
June 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34984650@N08/

Last three pictures are from a previous trip.

Saint3333
June 27th, 2009, 08:59 AM
YES!

Take a look at pic 142, look at that rock in the ground as they construct the new entrance, got to be tough digging through that.

Were you able to go inside? They were starting to paint the interior about a month ago, I wonder how close they are to completing the project.

Big Cats
June 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the updated pics, AppMan. Looks like a great stadium in a very beautiful setting. I hope to be able to see KBS for myself someday. Since I'm on the downhill side of 50, I better hurry, huh?

AppMan
June 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the updated pics, AppMan. Looks like a great stadium in a very beautiful setting. I hope to be able to see KBS for myself someday. Since I'm on the downhill side of 50, I better hurry, huh?

Would love to have you visit Boone any time. App fans are not nearly as bad as the WCU folks would have you believe. We had a lot of fun with some of your people at Chattanooga back in 2005.

ASUG8
June 29th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Excellent pics, thanks for sharing. xthumbsupx In the first pic you can see the new windmill on the mountain behind the new pressbox.

Gringer1
June 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Well, I'll always call Paulson The Prettiest Little Stadium in America, but the renovated Kidd Brewer is a good looking facility. I especially like the pressbox. It's got a classy look to it and has just enough of the App colors to keep it spirited without being tacky. What was the cost for all the improvements?

KiddBrewer
June 29th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Well, I'll always call Paulson The Prettiest Little Stadium in America, but the renovated Kidd Brewer is a good looking facility. I especially like the pressbox. It's got a classy look to it and has just enough of the App colors to keep it spirited without being tacky. What was the cost for all the improvements?

Approx. one shi* ton.

KiddBrewer
June 29th, 2009, 08:28 PM

na, but seriously....its part of a $50 million facility enhancement campaign....i think the stadium part of the campaign was 30 some million?

smallcollegefbfan
June 29th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34984650@N08/

Last three pictures are from a previous trip.

It is looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Gringer1
June 29th, 2009, 09:41 PM
na, but seriously....its part of a $50 million facility enhancement campaign....i think the stadium part of the campaign was 30 some million?

I'm surprised you've got that much left over, it must have cost a lot paying Michigan to take that dive xsmiley_wix

Only joking. I guess the football team did a whole bunch of these

http://cullenallen.typepad.com/stixnstones/images/2007/12/19/candy_fundraiser.jpg

MaroonDoom
June 30th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Looks great. Hope to see it soon during a playoff game.

biggie
June 30th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I guess the football team did a whole bunch of these

http://cullenallen.typepad.com/stixnstones/images/2007/12/19/candy_fundraiser.jpg
Probably helps with the 10k season tickets and the fact you have to donate money to order season tickets. Amazed how much the Alumni group gives, especially those 'special' people that park at the stadium for the season.

Heading up Friday, look forward to cooler weather and checking in on the stadium.

KiddBrewer
June 30th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Probably helps with the 10k season tickets and the fact you have to donate money to order season tickets. Amazed how much the Alumni group gives, especially those 'special' people that park at the stadium for the season.

Heading up Friday, look forward to cooler weather and checking in on the stadium.

oh, well yea, the alumni ofcourse....and...........my mom and dad (and every other student's parents, unless they pay for school themselves) are still waiting the few hundred pieces of candy they bought.xsmiley_wixxlolxxnodx

biggie
June 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
oh, well yea, the alumni ofcourse....and...........my mom and dad (and every other student's parents, unless they pay for school themselves) are still waiting the few hundred pieces of candy they bought.xsmiley_wixxlolxxnodx
True, most expensive candy ever. I've been paying for it for 7 years, still 3 to go, and haven't seen a piece of it yet.

Just noticed you are in Statesville, you grow up there? If so what HS?

KiddBrewer
June 30th, 2009, 08:26 PM
True, most expensive candy ever. I've been paying for it for 7 years, still 3 to go, and haven't seen a piece of it yet.

Just noticed you are in Statesville, you grow up there? If so what HS?

Yes sir, graduated from West Iredell in 2005.....im living in Statesville again after 4 years in Boone and will be student teaching at Statesville High this fall.

AppMan
June 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM
YES!

Take a look at pic 142, look at that rock in the ground as they construct the new entrance, got to be tough digging through that.

Were you able to go inside? They were starting to paint the interior about a month ago, I wonder how close they are to completing the project.

The site super said they are on schedule to begin moving in furniture on Aug 2 and to turn the building over to the university on Aug 22, which I believe just happens to be the day of Fan Fest.

biggie
July 1st, 2009, 08:14 AM
Yes sir, graduated from West Iredell in 2005.....im living in Statesville again after 4 years in Boone and will be student teaching at Statesville High this fall.
Ah ok, I went to North, but much longer ago.

thmst30
July 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
I was on King Street today looked over to my left, and I couldn't believe how big this thing turned out to be. You can see the whole thing from there and it just towers over everything else. Awesome sight!

KiddBrewer
July 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
I was on King Street today looked over to my left, and I couldn't believe how big this thing turned out to be. You can see the whole thing from there and it just towers over everything else. Awesome sight!

You can see the thing at night from all the way back up 321 a little ways! pretty awesome

thmst30
July 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
You can see the thing at night from all the way back up 321 a little ways! pretty awesome
Really? How far back?

KiddBrewer
July 2nd, 2009, 02:19 AM
Really? How far back?

i cant remember exactly, its been since school let out that ive seen it since im not in boone right now, but i know you can see the new lights from a long way

thmst30
July 2nd, 2009, 02:20 AM
i cant remember exactly, its been since school let out that ive seen it since im not in boone right now, but i know you can see the new lights from a long way
I'll have to check it out.xthumbsupx