PDA

View Full Version : UNI and Appalachain State

crunifan
December 4th, 2005, 12:33 PM
From what I understand these two are the most history/powerful/successful teams without winning a National Championship. Now, I know UNI has never been to the National Championship game but has Appalachain State? And what do you think the chances are of seeing this great match-up?

Appstate03
December 4th, 2005, 12:36 PM
App has never been. They've been to the Semi's twice but never lost both times.

KiddBrewer
December 4th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Appalachian hasnt gone to a NC game either. I think it would be a great game, but both teams have a tough match up this week before that can happen. We'll see how it works out, but best of luck to the 4 teams that have proven they deserve a chance for this years national championship. GO APPS!

Wellington
December 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I can see App beating Furman, without a doubt. :asswhip:

youwouldno
December 4th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I can see App beating Furman, without a doubt. :asswhip:

Richmond was going to beat Furman too. In any case I'd be stunned if either team won by more than a field goal.

Wellington
December 4th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I totally guess on eastern/southern teams, if you didnt notice. :rotateh:

asu70
December 4th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Richmond was going to beat Furman too. In any case I'd be stunned if either team won by more than a field goal.
Taking nothing away from Hampton, who had a great record with their schedule, I would have seeded Furman in the opposite bracket from ASU. Furman will be a tough out and I have considered them a top four 1aa team the whole year. I just wish this game could have been for the NC.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM
No, Richmond was not going to beat Furman.

matfu
December 4th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Taking nothing away from Hampton, who had a great record with their schedule, I would have seeded Furman in the opposite bracket from ASU. Furman will be a tough out and I have considered them a top four 1aa team the whole year. I just wish this game could have been for the NC.

i agree. it is unfortunate...because i think the winner of this game will win it all. i think furman will thrive being on the road in boone. we may lose but we are a better team than we were in october when we should have been up by two scores in the 4th. looking forward to the game. i'm coming to boone truly expecting furman to win.