PDA

View Full Version : Just to clarify....

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2005, 02:40 AM
The whole UNH fan topic is not "a few fans".

We got into town around 4pm Friday and by 8pm the morons were in abundance.

We went to eat at Warren's in Maine and some idiot dug deep into his book of Karate Kid quotes and pulled out "Good luck tomorrow, you're going to need it."

Within 30 mins we were on Market St. in Portsmoth.

Less than a minute into the first bar..."Why the f@#% are you guys here, you're going to lose like 55-7. Go home"

the 2nd bar was no different.

When we got to the hotel room I was bummed. I decided to hold out for tailgaiting because I was sure it was a small percentage of fans that were intelligent.

That brings us to tailgaiting. Right away UNI fans were greeeted with booing, quotes like "get the f%$@ out of here and other random trash.

Next we met Granite. Granite is a good man. We also tailgaited next to some great fans who were very nice. Some UNH AD office workers also stopped to chat.

Went into the stadium and had a great chat with a few fans.

Game starts.

We score. Chants of "purple panther pussies begin".

We go up 21-0. I go to the bathroom(on the visitor side). A group of 10 students(from a team down 21 points), starts yelling "f*%$ you, purple faggots, purple panther pussies, etc".

I responded with, "Can't you guys read a scoreboard, you have a good team, show some class."

Same thing on the way back to the bathroom.

Students and elementary age kids are walking in front of our section all game stopping and yelling "UNI sucks, go home, and a ton of other moronic statements."

The students who heckled me also went down to the fence around the track and yelled stuff at our players on the sideline.

All of this on top of the idiots who decided to make a huge banner which was to the effect of:

"The pampered panthers and then som moronic statements about needing our dome and having no chance of winning".

As reported, after the game 4 students drove up in a jeep and yelled "nice flag faggot". after a quick response from cap'n cat they slammed on the brakes, thought about getting out, but then quickly left.

To all the great UNH fans. Kick these people in the A$$ when you see this crap going on at your games. maybe even throw in a b%$#^ slap.

The Wildcat coaches and players are great. Great team, great sportsmanship.

Don't let the dorm room morons ruin your schools reputation. :bang: :bang:

Uncle Buck
December 4th, 2005, 08:30 AM
New Hampshire really has changed since the last time I was up there to see Hofstra play. The fans were very nice as a matter of fact. Shoot, I went to the Yankee v Red Sox home opener at the stadium this past season and didn't hear things like that. You guys really must have gotten it good.

eaglesrthe1
December 4th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Maybe it was that UNH SUCKS! sign that the Cap'n taped to your back? xlolx

ChickenMan
December 4th, 2005, 10:40 AM

We went to eat at Warren's in Maine and some idiot dug deep into his book of Karate Kid quotes and pulled out "Good luck tomorrow, you're going to need it."

Less than a minute into the first bar..."Why the f@#% are you guys here, you're going to lose like 55-7. Go home"

When we got to the hotel room I was bummed. I decided to hold out for tailgaiting because I was sure it was a small percentage of fans that were intelligent.

That brings us to tailgaiting. Right away UNI fans were greeeted with booing, quotes like "get the f%$@ out of here and other random trash.

Next we met Granite. Granite is a good man. We also tailgaited next to some great fans who were very nice. Some UNH AD office workers also stopped to chat.

Game starts.

We go up 21-0. I go to the bathroom(on the visitor side). A group of 10 students(from a team down 21 points), starts yelling "f*%$ you, purple faggots, purple panther pussies, etc".

I responded with, "Can't you guys read a scoreboard, you have a good team, show some class."

Students and elementary age kids are walking in front of our section all game stopping and yelling "UNI sucks, go home, and a ton of other moronic statements."

The students who heckled me also went down to the fence around the track and yelled stuff at our players on the sideline.

All of this on top of the idiots who decided to make a huge banner which was to the effect of:

"The pampered panthers and then som moronic statements about needing our dome and having no chance of winning".

As reported, after the game 4 students drove up in a jeep and yelled "nice flag faggot". after a quick response from cap'n cat they slammed on the brakes, thought about getting out, but then quickly left.

To all the great UNH fans. Kick these people in the A$$ when you see this crap going on at your games. maybe even throw in a b%$#^ slap.

Those people are not true fans... they are just like the newbie... bandwagon idiots that pop up here every year once we get to about week 10 and are gone as quickly as they came... once 'their' team gets eliminated.

nlwwln
December 4th, 2005, 10:55 AM
hey sounds like new hampshire got what was comin to em, congratulations northern iowa

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2005, 09:49 PM

Game starts.

WHAT'D DEY DO WRONG?... xlolx ....JES' EAST COAST BIAS...AH GUESS!.......THINK DAT WAS BAD........MIGHT NOT WANNA TAKE IN UH PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...GAME....WEARIN' SOME OTHERAH COLORS!

JES' GOIN' FO' GIGGLES...LADS......AH DON'T CONDONE SUCH BEHAVIORAH.....AH'M O' DUH BELIEF DAT EVERAH FAN HAS DUH RIGHT TA ROOT FO' DERE SQUAD...AN' TREATED WHIFF RESPECT...IFIN' DEY ARE SHOWIN' RESPECT! xsmoochx xprost2x xsmoochx ..................AWK!

Wellington
December 4th, 2005, 10:16 PM
That sounds horrible. I know, from my experience, that in Missoula its not even close to being that bad. Everyone seems to be nice towards the opposing team.

UNH_ORACLE
December 4th, 2005, 10:33 PM
That sounds horrible. I know, from my experience, that in Missoula its not even close to being that bad. Everyone seems to be nice towards the opposing team.

ya except when they pull the fire alarm at 5am at the hotel where the teams and their fans stay...These UNH fans just jumped on the bandwagon, they know hockey, thats about it...I'm happy they showed their support, but it does suck they razzed you guys so bad, but come on what do you guys expect?? Whats football without hatred towards your opponent??

Grizo406
December 4th, 2005, 10:46 PM
...when they pull the fire alarm at 5am at the hotel where the teams and their fans stay...

I think it was 3AM...but that's just what I heard, honest.

UNH_ORACLE
December 4th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I think it was 3AM...but that's just what I heard, honest.

no way you pulled it....i think it was like 4:20

PantherMan
December 4th, 2005, 10:53 PM

Except when an unnamed coach does not send game tapes...then all hell breaks loose... :rolleyes: xprost2x All kidding aside, for as seriously as Montana fans take their football, they are pretty good folks. xprost2x

UNH_ORACLE
December 4th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Except when an unnamed coach does not send game tapes...then all hell breaks loose... :rolleyes: xprost2x All kidding aside, for as seriously as Montana fans take their football, they are pretty good folks. xprost2x

No they definitely are I remember last year the griz fans were very serious before the game and didn't fool around but after they congratulated us on a great season and were very polite...but thats probably because they're so lonely in Montana they'll do anything for a couple friends... :eek:

PantherMan
December 4th, 2005, 11:05 PM
No they definitely are I remember last year the griz fans were very serious before the game and didn't fool around but after they congratulated us on a great season and were very polite...but thats probably because they're so lonely in Montana they'll do anything for a couple friends... :eek:

Oh, I know they are in general. Just referring to a little "incident" that happend in 01 out in Missoula... :eek:

Uncle Buck
December 5th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Montana fans are great, but they're no angels. Having played against them I can tell you that those walls are real close to the sidelines. They hammered us all day with insults, but it just added to the atmosphere. How could I take it personally, my mom is a great lady...what the hell do they know. Still one of the best gameday atmospheres I ever experienced.

Grizo406
December 5th, 2005, 10:12 PM
no way you pulled it....i think it was like 4:20

I was pullin' on somethin' else at 4:20. :nod: :D

AZGrizFan
December 5th, 2005, 11:20 PM
I was pullin' on somethin' else at 4:20. :nod: :D

Was that you, or was Pols pullin' it for you? :D :D