PDA

View Full Version : Could PV and SSU Solve Each Other's Scheduling Dilemma?

CSN Log
June 21st, 2009, 06:30 PM
06-21-2009 06:25 PM

Could PV and SSU Solve Each Other's Scheduling Dilemma?

Scheduling is a crazy business. With economics involved and teams bidding against each other for opposition in this high stakes’ game of filling out one’s calendar, scheduling across the major revenue sports has reached an all new level.

With the problems that have been created, several schools have run into their share of troubles.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/06/21/could-pv-and-ssu-solve-each-other-s-sche?blog=2#more5111)

TexasTerror
June 22nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
How plausible is this? Would PV be willing to play a game on Thanksgiving weekend and would SSU - particularly for SSU - knowing that they would have no chance at the playoffs?

Libertine
June 22nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
I don't see the logic here. If economics are as big an issue for PV as they are for SSU, it doesn't make sense to travel halfway across the country just for the sake of getting that 10th or 11th game.

TexasTerror
June 22nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
I don't see the logic here. If economics are as big an issue for PV as they are for SSU, it doesn't make sense to travel halfway across the country just for the sake of getting that 10th or 11th game.

I do not think PV has much of an option right now. They are desperate for a game and would probably be willing to make the trip to Savannah...

But yes, economics do come into play...and an inability by SSU to play a full schedule could deter their chances at the MEAC, just like what we are seeing with PV could deter their chances at really building a legitimate football program. This stunts both school's efforts...

3rd Coast Tiger
June 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM

I agree with you Libertine. Why would Prairie View encumber more expenses while no revenues?

TexasTerror
June 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
I agree with you Libertine. Why would Prairie View encumber more expenses while no revenues?

Why even have football or make such a huge monetary commitment if you are going to struggle to even reach the status quo and join the rest of Division I with 11 games (sans the Ivy League)?

3rd Coast Tiger
June 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Why even have football or make such a huge monetary commitment if you are going to struggle to even reach the status quo and join the rest of Division I with 11 games (sans the Ivy League)?

Ask the Jason Plotkin dude.

3rd Coast Tiger
June 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM

Maybe the writer could contact the Athletic Department at Prairie View and pose this relevant question to them.

TexasTerror
July 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
JSU is running scared...pretty embarrassing for the SWAC when two schools are not at the 11 allowed games and both schools can not come to an agreement to make it happen. This is why the mandate is returning...

BIRMINGHAM - Jackson State athletic director Bob Braddy has repeatedly said that he wants to add an 11th football game to the 2009 schedule. Prairie View A&M coach Henry Frazier says his team is ready and even willing to come to Veterans Memorial Stadium.

Advertisement

Still, don't expect to see the Panthers' bus pulling up I-55 this season - but Frazier said don't point the finger of blame toward Texas.

"We've talked and I've been calling," Frazier said. "I don't think coach wants to play the game.

"I just want a 10th game. ... To have nine games when you're allowed 11?!"

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090722/SPORTS030101/907220342/1287