PDA

View Full Version : Southland's Biggest Questions from Rival Fans

TexasTerror
June 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Okay, thought this would be interesting.

For all Southland fans and those who keep tabs on FCS, what are the biggest questions at the schools in the conference.

I'll take a stab first!

Central Arkansas - No questions on running back or the defensive line, but the perceived weakness is at quarterback. With Nathan Brown no longer on the field and Todd Cooley having departed as OC/QB coach, will we see a dominant running game sans of an explosive offense?

Texas St-San Marcos - The favorite to win the league title, Karrington Bush is ready to step up, but can the Bobcats get a constant wave of productivity from guys like Bradley George and Mishak Rivas who will be crucial to staying over the hump?

McNeese State - The Pokes return plenty with 46 letterwinners, but after a mediocre season by Lake Charles standards, can a very senior-laden offense (all starters sans the line are seniors) expect for a defense that only has three seniors in their two deep to hold their end of the bargain?

Northwestern State - A new coach comes to Natchitoches. What can be expected from the not-so-big name transfers that could help provide the depth needed to bring the Demons back to the upper echelon of the conference.

Nicholls State - After losing all four starting corners/safeties, one of which was an NFL draft pick, who will the Colonels look for to stop the explosive passing games around the league?

Southeastern Louisiana - With the chance of finally shedding the proverbial darkhorse infront of them and a defense full of potential All-SLC stars, will Brian Babin get a repeat performance from Simmie Yarborough and is Kyle Nichols next in line for SLC Freshman of the Year honors?

Sam Houston State - As the quarterback situation should not be as bad if Joseph stays healthy, will Stoker bring a mindset and production change to a defense that was the root of the problems for the team the last few years?

Stephen F Austin - After a year in which all Div I opponents used and abused the Lumberjacks defense, will Moses improve on his TD:INT ratio to avoid keeping the Jacks' defense on the field and working with less room than desired?

JohnStOnge
June 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
McNeese State - The Pokes return plenty with 46 letterwinners, but after a mediocre season by Lake Charles standards, can a very senior-laden offense (all starters sans the line are seniors) expect for a defense that only has three seniors in their two deep to hold their end of the bargain?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's hard to be upset about McNeese losing a bunch of players on defense. The defense was awful last year. In their four losses last season, McNeese scored 27, 42, 35, and 30 points. And the 27 was against North Carolina so they scored 30 or more points in all of their losses against FCS opponents. If their defense would have even been mediocre they'd have been conference champs and a difficult out in the playoffs. I'm hoping that changes in personel as well as in coaching staff brings at least SOME improvement on that side of the ball.

I'm way more concerned about the losses on the offensive line than I am about losses on defense.

BEAR
June 21st, 2009, 08:53 PM
Central Arkansas - No questions on running back or the defensive line, but the perceived weakness is at quarterback. With Nathan Brown no longer on the field and Todd Cooley having departed as OC/QB coach, will we see a dominant running game sans of an explosive offense?

The biggest question in my opinion isn't the QB. Nathan Dick was the #33 qb in the country when he went to college. The other QB, Robbie Park knows the system very well. The question is the offensive line. At least it was before I heard that all the injured players are back and the new kids are huge! The exact question about the oline will be team chemistry. That is improving with this time off and the next gen getting ready to come in. Here's a Log Cabin article about that. http://www.thecabin.net/stories/061309/spo_0613090025.shtml

It's no secret. The University of Central Arkansas' offensive line was a weak link in spring drills.

There is a logical explanation. The UCA offensive line was without major linkage.

In the Bears' last game in 2008, they had five offensive tackles available. They finished the spring with one.

Among the veteran offensive linemen, Lane Freiwald and Will Merritt were injured or recovering from injuries much of the spring. Matt Dickerson missed the spring recovering from shoulder surgery.

Anyway, that was great news to hear after watching the spring drills. I think my biggest concern with all the Southland teams is I-N-J-U-R-Y! How that can change a team's season.

slycat
June 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM
I think Texas States biggest question is can the defense continue to show improvement as they did at the end of last season?

As TT mentioned George will need to be more consistent and a WR will need to fill the huge hole Luke left.

SHSU: Can the coaching find consistency this season? It seems the Bearkats have either thrived on offense or been below average. Same with the defense. If the Bearkats struggle again will the coaches jobs be on the line?

lionsrking2
June 22nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
UCA - Obvious questions at QB...literally a night-and-day difference when Nathan Brown was not under center, and neither Park nor transfer Nathan Dick are Nathan Brown...replace two starters in the O-line, plus two D-linemen...only three conference home games.

Texas State...lost the best player in the SLC from 2008 IMO (Cameron Luke), who accounted for 29% of Bobcat receptions and 36% of their receiving yardage...also lost home run threat, Stan Zwinggi...must replace three of four D-linemen, a LB and two DBs.

McNeese State...offense must replace 4-of-5 veteran starters on the offensive line, plus Steven Whitehead and quality backup QB, Mark Fontenot...lose eight starters on defense.

Northwestern State...New coaching staff with extremely high, self-imposed expectations...muddled QB situation...must replace top two WRs plus Byron Lawrence...suspect at cornerback.

Nicholls State...Lose Ladarius Webb, plus 3-of-4 starters on DL...must replace three starters on OL, plus both QBs and Patrick Gordon...four conference games on the road.

Sam Houston State...Must replace Rhett Bomar and Catron Houston...suspect O-line...lose most of their defense which may be a net positive...only three conference home games.

Stephen F. Austin...Should be much improved, but still have question marks a plenty on the defensive side of the ball...must replace Dominique Edison...only three home conference games.

Southeastern Louisiana...must replace Jay Lucas, who factored in 33% of the offense, including nearly 80% of the rushing yardage...starting O-line will be solid and much improved, but depth will be young and untested...will likely start two freshmen corners, albeit supremely talented ones.

lionsrking2
June 22nd, 2009, 12:50 AM
Southeastern Louisiana - With the chance of finally shedding the proverbial darkhorse infront of them and a defense full of potential All-SLC stars, will Brian Babin get a repeat performance from Simmie Yarborough and is Kyle Nichols next in line for SLC Freshman of the Year honors?

Kyle Nichols should see plenty of PT as a lead-blocking fullback, but I doubt seriously he'll put up much of a challenge for SLC Freshman of the Year honors...fullbacks in our offense rarely touch the football.

That said, I could easily see RBs Zeke Jones and Sam Fairley challenging from the offensive side of the ball, and CBs Robert Alford and Toni McCrea battling for it from the defensive side.

BEAR
June 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
That covers Texas State (defense improvement), UCA (qb or oline) and Southeastern Louisiana( RB challenge). xthumbsupx I would love to hear what SFA, Nicholls, Sam Houston, and Northwestern fans have to say specifically about their teams! xthumbsupx

I think with all the offensive players gone from the SLC that this year it will be a defensive league..now whether it is good defense or bad defense remains the question.

TexasTerror
June 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
Sam Houston State...Must replace Rhett Bomar and Catron Houston...suspect O-line...lose most of their defense which may be a net positive...only three conference home games.

Suspect O-Line features 4 of 5 starters from last year. I do not believe this will be an issue nor was it the last two years with Bomar/Poullard and Bomar/Aston in the backfield. With a mobile Joseph plus the two-headed RB combo of Poullard/Aston, hard to fathom it being an issue...

BEAR
June 22nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
How about each team's strengths and weaknesses:

UCA

Strengths: RB and Defense
Weakness: Oline and QB questions

Running Backs have gotten faster and more field smart. RBs must pick up the slack where the pass game is absent now. Defense has picked up more CC transfers and is even better than last year.

Oline should be back up to par with full crew. Not phenomenal, but able to block long enough to let the qbs get the pass off or the run away without too many hits on the qb or rbs. Timing of those hits will be critical. QB in Park is questionable IMO but Nathan Dick can flat out throw and run. Just has to learn the system.

I don't see another 10-2 season but a 9-3 or 8-4 is most likely.

GeauxLions94
June 22nd, 2009, 10:51 AM

Uh, no. Nichols is a fullback and any carries he gets in the next four years will be more than our last fullback got in the last two. A possible FOY candidate is DB Robert Alford. This guy can fly, also sat out last year.

Simmie Yarborough received FOY honors despite missing the Nicholls State game and the second half of the infamous Stephen F. Austin debacle, where we couldn't move the football and blew a 21-point lead. Babin will also have seniors Chris Wilson and Merrick Lanaux (sat out all of 2008) back as well as Andre Cryer, Luis Sobalvarro (reminds me on Shannon Sharpe) and Kory Theodore.

Big key is replacing the all-around play of Jay Lucas. Didn't have the greatest year by rushing standards, but led the team in receptions and became the first player in school history to catch 50 or passes in a season twice.

lionsrking2
June 22nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Suspect O-Line features 4 of 5 starters from last year. I do not believe this will be an issue nor was it the last two years with Bomar/Poullard and Bomar/Aston in the backfield. With a mobile Joseph plus the two-headed RB combo of Poullard/Aston, hard to fathom it being an issue...

The Kat O-line we saw last year was very suspect, and it was Bomar's mobility and ability to get the ball downfield that covered up the warts. Logic says they should be improved with experience, but not sure how much more athletic they can get.

NSUDemon98
June 22nd, 2009, 05:48 PM
Northwestern State...New coaching staff with extremely high, self-imposed expectations...muddled QB situation...must replace top two WRs plus Byron Lawrence...suspect at cornerback.

Say what? xeekx . No proclomations of NCs or SLC titles...not sure where you are getting that. I know the fan base sure is excited and probably has high expectations and WISHES that the staff can light a spark.

McNeese72
June 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
McNeese State...offense must replace 4-of-5 veteran starters on the offensive line, plus Steven Whitehead and quality backup QB, Mark Fontenot...lose eight starters on defense.

May have been done. Stay tuned. ;)

Doc

lionsrking2
June 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
Say what? xeekx . No proclomations of NCs or SLC titles...not sure where you are getting that. I know the fan base sure is excited and probably has high expectations and WISHES that the staff can light a spark.

Excuse me for misinterpreting the "Peveto Promise"...not to mention I've talked to several high school head coaches around the state who have told me what your staff is selling recruits...nothing wrong per se, but a lot to deliver in a short period of time.

http://www.nsudemons.com/pdf4/394492.pdf?ATCLID=1395786&SPID=12260&DB_OEM_ID=20000&SPSID=103519

TexasTerror
June 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Peveto knows how to market and PR his program...he's got some great people around him in Holloway and Ireland, who only bolster that effort. There is no question that they are building excitement there.

I'm a big fan of Holloway and TXST's Park. Those are two guys who are really making a difference where they are at now and could really make a huge difference down the line at a major institution...

NSUDemon98
June 22nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Excuse me for misinterpreting the "Peveto Promise"...not to mention I've talked to several high school head coaches around the state who have told me what your staff is selling recruits...nothing wrong per se, but a lot to deliver in a short period of time.

http://www.nsudemons.com/pdf4/394492.pdf?ATCLID=1395786&SPID=12260&DB_OEM_ID=20000&SPSID=103519

You're excused.xsmiley_wix

katstrapper
June 23rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
The Kat O-line we saw last year was very suspect, and it was Bomar's mobility and ability to get the ball downfield that covered up the warts. Logic says they should be improved with experience, but not sure how much more athletic they can get.

So you are saying Bomar was the ONLY reason the offense moved the ball?xlolx Somebody had to block. Of course Bomar's athletic ability probably kept him out of trouble at times, but to say the OL was very suspect when he threw for over 500 yds is a bit much. Not to mention, Kats had just under 100yds rushing as well. I am not saying the OL was stellar during the season at all, but the offense started two freshman tackles the last five games in 2009 and still managed to put up big numbers the remainder of the season. The OL will be good this year with 4 of 5 starters returning.

SHSU QB is VERY bleak much to what some people say, with no depth!!! Blake Joseph will fill the position, but he will not be the answer. He hardly saw the field last year at UH and did not participate in spring drills ast SHSU so there is a VERY steep learning curve of the offense. Kats will have to rely on the running game where we are loaded at running back and a QB (Bryan Randolph) early on. Here is a list of the SHSU QB position......

Bryan Randolph...saw virtually no playing time last year behind Bomar after transferring from junior college in California. Only QB coming out of spring ball.

Jeff Welch......Was pushing for the starting position until a knee injury sidelined him for season. Only other returning QB for Kats entering spring ball.

Blake Joseph.........Univ of Houston transfer that lost his starting spot to Kasey Keenum. Not much playing last season and decided to transfer for his last year of elgibility. He is able to do that due to a loophole in the system. He has graduated from Univ of Houston and it enrolled in grad school. Apparently the NCAA allows that. Did not participate in spring drills.

Kyle Webster.............. 2009 recruit. Could be the future for SHSU at QB.
Tyler Copeland........... 2009 recruit. An unknown, but has the tools.

Stoker's intensity will at least raise the level of play on the defensive side of the ball. Secondary is still the achilles heel of this unit!

crossfire07
June 23rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Excuse me for misinterpreting the "Peveto Promise".

NSU's a.d. has spoken publicly about winning the SLC and a national championship plus there was the comments in the newspaper from a player about going undefeated and winning a national championship. would their expectations would be as high if it was a coach from a no name school instead of LSU? Peveto himself has built up the hype and being a head coach for the first time he has set the bar pretty high and I wish him nothing but good except when he plays us.

lionsrking2
June 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
So you are saying Bomar was the ONLY reason the offense moved the ball?xlolx Somebody had to block. Of course Bomar's athletic ability probably kept him out of trouble at times, but to say the OL was very suspect when he threw for over 500 yds is a bit much. Not to mention, Kats had just under 100yds rushing as well.

Never said Bomar was the ONLY reason you moved the ball, but he was the primary reason, and I stand by my statement that your O-line was suspect...our D-line lived in your backfield most of the night and pummeled Bomar consistently, with a 4-man rush on many occasions. I don't recall the exact number of times we hit him, but I know we sacked him three times, forcing one fumble and were in his face or hit him on both interceptions. He was barely 50% completions on 69 attempts and had to dump it often because he had somebody in his face. You ran 102 plays on the night and over 230 of your yards came on just six of them. Over the course of other 96 plays, you averaged under 4 yards per snap. As far as rushing the ball, you had 82 yards on 31 attempts which is under 3 ypc, and really only had one decent running play. We stoned the run most of the night.

Of course you could say the same thing about our O-line as well. That was definitely our achilles heel last year offensively.

crossfire07
June 23rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
now that Bomar is gone we will see what kind of offensive numbers they put up this year.

TexasTerror
June 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
now that Bomar is gone we will see what kind of offensive numbers they put up this year.

SHSU does have a two-headed running back duo, so perhaps the offensive mindset will change. However, we're known for a prolific passing game and while Blake Joseph is a strong QB - are the young guys ready to step up at the WR positions? That has for the most part been an area where we have just "reloaded"...

Southland Insider
June 23rd, 2009, 05:12 PM
I think the real darkhorse will be Northwestern State. For the first time in a while should be really solid at QB, Griffin supposedly had a great spring at RB plus the two big ones they have coming in. They definitely need another receiver but the kid from Port Sulphur will step right in as a freshman and contribute. Defensively they will be solid. Pollard returns at corner after missing most of the season with knee surgery last year and they are loaded at safety and LB. Could be interesting in Lake Charles on October 17!

MaximumBobcat
June 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
SHSU does have a two-headed running back duo, so perhaps the offensive mindset will change. However, we're known for a prolific passing game and while Blake Joseph is a strong QB - are the young guys ready to step up at the WR positions? That has for the most part been an area where we have just "reloaded"...

Yeah Sammy's RBs were pretty good last year, but how much of the running game fed off of the threat of Bomar's arm?

IMO, a LOT.

Joseph or Randolph will have to step up BIG time.

McNeese75
June 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
NSU's a.d. has spoken publicly about winning the SLC and a national championship plus there was the comments in the newspaper from a player about going undefeated and winning a national championship. would their expectations would be as high if it was a coach from a no name school instead of LSU? Peveto himself has built up the hype and being a head coach for the first time he has set the bar pretty high and I wish him nothing but good except when he plays us.

xrolleyesx Reminds me of a new coach up in Portland a couple years ago. xsmiley_wix

msusig
June 23rd, 2009, 10:00 PM
I think with a seasoned QB Derrick Fourroux and a great running back in Toddrick Pendland there is no reason McNeese can't beat either Appalachian State or Tulane, then potentially only losing one conference game. My prediction is 5-1 conference and 9-2 overall for the cowboys with the red beans-n-rice bowl determining the conference champs in Lake Charles.

NSUDemon98
June 23rd, 2009, 10:42 PM
I think the real darkhorse will be Northwestern State. For the first time in a while should be really solid at QB, Griffin supposedly had a great spring at RB plus the two big ones they have coming in. They definitely need another receiver but the kid from Port Sulphur will step right in as a freshman and contribute. Defensively they will be solid. Pollard returns at corner after missing most of the season with knee surgery last year and they are loaded at safety and LB. Could be interesting in Lake Charles on October 17!

We are probably the most "unknown" team in the SLC right now. I really don't know what to expect and I am a fan. But I do know that one area where we are always deep is at RB, even with losing Byron Lawrence. xcoolx

NSUDemon98
June 23rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
xrolleyesx Reminds me of a new coach up in Portland a couple years ago. xsmiley_wix

I guess I need to start paying attention to other schools and their press releases and knit-picking everything that is written and everything that is said that way I can get worked up like everyone else. xrolleyesx

katstrapper
June 24th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah Sammy's RBs were pretty good last year, but how much of the running game fed off of the threat of Bomar's arm?

IMO, a LOT.

Joseph or Randolph will have to step up BIG time.

You make a valid point, but the Kats this year are DEEP at running back and I feel the OL is going to be pretty solid this year. Kats could realistically run a 4 deep rotation at running back this year if they want. Guess time will tell.

By the numbers, Randolph had a very productive spring, but can that carry over to the regular season? Can he stay healthy? Again there is no depth.

Southland Insider
June 24th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Best of SLC:
QB- Derrick Fourroux/ McNeese
RB- Bush/TX ST or Pendland/ Mcneese
Receiver- Duffy- Northwestern State
Off. Coordinator- Cooley/ Northwestern St
Def. Coordinator- Stoker/ SHSU or Laird/ Northwestern St
Stadium - Northwestern State / especially with the new Nebraska look turf
Toughest place to play- McNeese / but also the most fun!

BEAR
June 24th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Best of SLC:
Off. Coordinator- Cooley/ Northwestern St---dang, I want him back at UCA.

Who will have the best Defense and who will have the best offense?

Defense...UCA. Not a homer pick, but the defense will be even better than last year, especially on return coverage where they allowed only 25 yards total last year. Larry Hart is picked as the best defensive player in FCS by Sporting News and a few of the vets have decided after watching what happened in the McNeese game last year that they can step it up too. Even I didn't like the yardage teams got on us last year, but that defense kept points off the board and made huge stops against Bomar and company and Mcneese's crew.

Offense- McNeese State. They will prove they belong at the top this year. If UCA can find chemistry with Nathan II, and his ability to run it, look out..they'll be near the top on offense. But McNeese has what it takes to be at the top. xthumbsupx

As for the champion.....it will be McNeese or Texas State. As for the best record..it may not go to the champion. Again. xlolx Hopefully...xlolx

Southland Insider
June 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Agreed. UCA will be very tough defensively and Mc Neese is loaded on offense. Could be a real fun year in the conference. Big game will be UCA/Northwestern St. on October 10!

JoshUCA
June 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Agreed. UCA will be very tough defensively and Mc Neese is loaded on offense. Could be a real fun year in the conference. Big game will be UCA/Northwestern St. on October 10!

Sure wish that one was in Conway!

NSUDemon98
June 24th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Sure wish that one was in Conway!

Nah, we owe you one. xthumbsupx

Dallas Demon
June 25th, 2009, 01:49 AM

Good insight, we need someone with good viewpoints/knowledge about the conference in general - keep it coming!

lionsrking2
June 25th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Best of SLC:

You sound more like "Demon Insider" than Southland Insider...Duffy may be a solid WR and may indeed have a breakout year, but to say he's the best of the SLC is a wee bit much...unless you're a Demon fan of course.

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2009, 07:42 AM
You sound more like "Demon Insider" than Southland Insider...Duffy may be a solid WR and may indeed have a breakout year, but to say he's the best of the SLC is a wee bit much...unless you're a Demon fan of course.

No question there - he is a Demons fan.

Easy to read through his posts. Would hope that now that we know him for who he is, that he will ask the administration here to give him his proper title... xwhistlex

Either way, I have a feeling that the "Southland Insider" believes NWST will win the SLC title. I doubt that CSN or any of the others who do 'Games of the Week' even have UCA-NWST as the 'GOTW'.

Southland Insider
June 25th, 2009, 11:18 AM
No just a guy that has a little inside info via some good friends that are NFL scouts. But, believe me no one is considering ANY of the SHSU games important!

BEAR
June 25th, 2009, 11:21 AM
No just a guy that has a little inside info via some good friends that are NFL scouts. But, believe me no one is considering ANY of the SHSU games important!

SPLAAAA ZAMMMMM!

Oh...let the Terror reign down on this one! (Tick tick tick)xlolx

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Seems the SLC has circled SHSU v NWST - solely because of Stoker's chance to go at the Demons! xthumbsupx

Never said SHSU games were important, but would think an "insider" could separate his bias from the Demons and give a more accurate assessment of the league. xrulesx

Southland Insider
June 25th, 2009, 02:03 PM
according to my sources Stoker is really going to have to coach them UP due to a talent shortage. However, if anyone can do it he can. Just passing on "the inside" information from outside the realm of bias.

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM
according to my sources Stoker is really going to have to coach them UP due to a talent shortage. However, if anyone can do it he can. Just passing on "the inside" information from outside the realm of bias.

Your "inside information" on the subject shows that you have been doing an efficient job of reading posts on this board, Mr. B! xlolx

lionsrking2
June 25th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Just passing on "the inside" information from outside the realm of bias.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

McNeese72
June 25th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Just passing on "the inside" information from outside the realm of bias.

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/popcorn.gif

This is getting interesting. :)

Doc

GeauxLions94
June 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Who are you? Fred Edelstein? xrotatehx

Southland Insider
June 25th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Believe me, I don't need this board for the information I get.

lionsrking2
June 25th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Believe me, I don't need this board for the information I get.

I think I can probably speak for the board and say, likewise.

NSUDemon98
June 25th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Easy to read through his posts. Would hope that now that we know him for who he is, that he will ask the administration here to give him his proper title... xwhistlex

Either way, I have a feeling that the "Southland Insider" believes NWST will win the SLC title. I doubt that CSN or any of the others who do 'Games of the Week' even have UCA-NWST as the 'GOTW'.

I'd say that NSU winning the SLC is about as projected as SHSU winning the SLC... xcoffeex

Dallas Demon
June 25th, 2009, 11:56 PM

What makes you think he is a Demon fan? He says something positive about Northwestern? Something you can't ever seem to do? He also said something positive about other schools (McNeese, UCA). Just because he has nothing good to say about SHSU makes him a Demon fan?

To Southland Insider: Please keep it coming, for once we get some good insight about the Southland that is not slanted in some form or fashion against the Demons. xthumbsupx

lionsrking2
June 26th, 2009, 12:26 AM
What makes you think he is a Demon fan?

Better question...what makes you think he's not?

Dallas Demon
June 26th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Better question...what makes you think he's not?

Read my post carefully, he was just as complimentary for UCA/McNeese.

lionsrking2
June 26th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Read my post carefully, he was just as complimentary for UCA/McNeese.

Let's see...post #1 in the AGS posting history of so-called, Southland Insider:

Post #2:

Best of SLC:

Post #3

Big game will be UCA/Northwestern St. on October 10!

Post #4

Post #5

TexasTerror
June 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
What makes you think he is a Demon fan?

I am fairly certain he is a Demons fan and a regular on Fork'em Demons at that. He knows he is as well...would be nice if he included his 'tx' background in his name. ;)

And I do not think the national media that covers the SLC is bias in one way or another against the Demons...

Southland Insider
June 26th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Not from texas my friend, but i did make a mistake in not having Brian Babin in a tie with Fourroux for top SLC QB's. My long time friend Mike Lucas says he is primed for a great year. SLU is also a sleeper in this race. Nicholls State is always tough. I just respect the way they play the game every week. Never less than 100%. That comes from good coaching. Will comment on other teams later. Still talking with my sources.
By the way what do you think of the other Northwestern State coach on staff with the Bearkitties now. Is he another upgrade in the coaching department?

crossfire07
June 26th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I think I will wait until the end of the year to pick Cooley as the top offensive guy. he is in his first year at NSU and does not have the qb talent he is used to. Pendland is my pick for RB this year. he will be better than last in which there is no doubt he was the best.

MaximumBobcat
June 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I think I will wait until the end of the year to pick Cooley as the top offensive guy. he is in his first year at NSU and does not have the qb talent he is used to. Pendland is my pick for RB this year. he will be better than last in which there is no doubt he was the best.

Hmm...there might be some doubt in the mind of most non-McNeese homers. xnodx:p

While I won't argue that Karrington Bush was the best, he deserves to be mentioned as possibly the best, along with Pendland and Lawrence. He averaged the most yards per carry in the SLC and that was with limited touches as we had Stan Zwinggi and Alvin Canady running it a lot too.

Southland Insider
June 26th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I would agree that Pendland is in the top two. If he was a strong as Bush he would be a clear number 1 but Bush is much stronger inside and still has top end speed. As for as Cooley, there is no doubt. You look at the scheme, the play calling, the timing of the play calling. He has a great future. As for as QB talent my sources tell me that NSU has some surprises waiting to be unveiled. Could be the best QB situation in Natchitoches in years from what I hear. Don't know what they may be talking about just giving you the info I get outside the realm of bias but in the know as the Southland Insider.

TexasTerror
June 26th, 2009, 09:42 PM
As for as Cooley, there is no doubt. You look at the scheme, the play calling, the timing of the play calling. He has a great future. As for as QB talent my sources tell me that NSU has some surprises waiting to be unveiled. Could be the best QB situation in Natchitoches in years from what I hear. Don't know what they may be talking about just giving you the info I get outside the realm of bias but in the know as the Southland Insider.

Mr B (don't want to spill your whole name, right?), sounds about right coming from a Demon fan...glad that the coaches or others affiliated with the NWST program are doing a great job of making you feel really good about what they have. Got to give Peveto credit. He is working his tail off to make even txdemons feel good about their program from a state over.

You must be a big Tyler Wolfe fan, eh? ;)

Southland Insider
June 26th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Actually I'm a fan of Derrick Fourroux and Brian Babin. As you read earlier they are my picks for best in conference. As for Coach Peveto I don't think he needs the approval of this ole Mississippi mud duck. I will give you a little inside scoop though Mr. Swami, (whatever that name might mean), watch for a redshirt freshman QB from UCA in the near future. Just another tip from outside the realm of bias but inside the ole Southland Insider's library of knowledge. Stay in touch and you just might learn something, but be careful I may start charging for this service.

crossfire07
June 27th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Pendland was #6 with over 130 yards a game in the country last year and averaged 174 all purpose per game in LESS games than the Texas State backs. he was the only back from the SLC that made All American and the only SLC back to make this years pre season All American. first team at that. Todd Pendland, 2008 SLC Offensive Player of The Year. we shall see what this year brings and hope none of them get hurt.

Southland Insider
June 27th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I am not talking about yardage or accolades. I am talking about the total package as a RB. These are two totally different things. I have said several times that Pendland is a terrific back and more than likely will have a great year. He is just small and struggles between the tackles. Bush is more complete, does not mean he will have better stats just an assessment of the skill levels of each. Try to be unbiased like the Southland Insider.

NSUDemon98
June 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Mr B (don't want to spill your whole name, right?), sounds about right coming from a Demon fan...glad that the coaches or others affiliated with the NWST program are doing a great job of making you feel really good about what they have. Got to give Peveto credit. He is working his tail off to make even txdemons feel good about their program from a state over.

You must be a big Tyler Wolfe fan, eh? ;)

Actually I think we've had decent talent the past few years but I don't think they've had great QB coaching or great offensive play calling. I think with Hundley, Wolfe and the kid from BR we do have the best talent we've had in a number of years.

Dallas Demon
June 27th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Actually I'm a fan of Derrick Fourroux and Brian Babin. As you read earlier they are my picks for best in conference. As for Coach Peveto I don't think he needs the approval of this ole Mississippi mud duck. I will give you a little inside scoop though Mr. Swami, (whatever that name might mean), watch for a redshirt freshman QB from UCA in the near future. Just another tip from outside the realm of bias but inside the ole Southland Insider's library of knowledge. Stay in touch and you just might learn something, but be careful I may start charging for this service.

I don't know which team you support, it would be great if Northwestern but I think you have other connections obviously. Regardless, you have lots of great insight and certainly unbiased IMO. Keep it coming, good to see some fresh insight on the conference as opposed to a feeble attempt to represent unbiased from the biased side of things!

P.S. Outside the realm of bias but inside the ole Southland Insider's library of knowledge. Classic! xbowx

NSUDemon98
June 28th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Keep it coming, good to see some fresh insight on the conference as opposed to a feeble attempt to represent unbiased from the biased side of things!

P.S. Outside the realm of bias but inside the ole Southland Insider's library of knowledge. Classic! xbowx

Yea, we have about one too many of those kind.

TexasTerror
June 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
What feeble attempts at unbiased coverage has their been?

Outside of posters on this board, including Southland Insider (who is a NSU fan, who regularly posts on Fork'em Demons under another alias, which out netiquette, I will not share publicly) there is probably just one individual in the national media that covers the Southland as a whole...?

katstrapper
June 28th, 2009, 11:08 AM
SHSU's problems on defense wont be with lack of talent or lack of fiery DC.

Any problems SHSU has this year will be on offensive side of ball with a lack of a QB and QB depth and a boneheaded Head Coach. IMO, I think by season's end, Whitten and Stoker will not agree on MANY things and either Whitten will be gone or Stoker will hit the road. Whitten is about as hard headed as it comes.

txstatebobcat
June 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I wonder how well will the SLC do in its OOC games. I haven't looked at the schedules (beyond TxSt's anyway) to see how the conference will do overall.

TexasTerror
June 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I wonder how well will the SLC do in its OOC games. I haven't looked at the schedules (beyond TxSt's anyway) to see how the conference will do overall.

FCS OOC games for SLC...

NWST @ Grambling, vs No Dakota
SHSU vs WIU, vs NDSU
UCA vs No Dakota
SFA @ WIU, vs No Dakota
Nich vs Dusquesne, vs Jax St
SLU @ So Dakota
McN @ App St, vs Sav St
TXST vs TxSo, at SUU

Another tidbit...the lack of bias Southland Insider on the Fork'em Demons board under his other alias...

"You must be crazy Caj! No way we lose in Turpin to T-State. I guess that makes us undefeated in conference. Sounds good to me! Unlike McNeese, when we host a playoff game it will be a win."

"SHSU has more holes in their defense than a dart board. We will be the crap out of them at their homecoming. They will not be a threat for the ring."

"It's not just the fact that McNoose loses home playoff games, they get embarrassed."

"No, embarrassment is having it happen at home, and we don't have any LSU transfers."

Dallas Demon
June 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
What feeble attempts at unbiased coverage has their been?

Outside of posters on this board, including Southland Insider (who is a NSU fan, who regularly posts on Fork'em Demons under another alias, which out netiquette, I will not share publicly) there is probably just one individual in the national media that covers the Southland as a whole...?

Okay, namely you last year and previous years particularly targeted at us (Northwestern) and also to a lesser extent Texas St. Not to mention the SWAC schools. I'm wondering if you will change your ways moving forward, this year is a new year and you're a year older - so we'll see. If you advertise yourself as the Southland Swami then you need to have a little less of an agenda to back up your name.

TexasTerror
June 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Okay, namely you last year and previous years particularly targeted at us (Northwestern) and also to a lesser extent Texas St. Not to mention the SWAC schools. I'm wondering if you will change your ways moving forward, this year is a new year and you're a year older - so we'll see. If you advertise yourself as the Southland Swami then you need to have a little less of an agenda to back up your name.

Like the Southland Insider and his two aliases, I know how to appeal to different groups. When I do it as TT, I am my bias self. When actually covering the SLC in the "non-message board world", voting in TSN/AGS polls or other ballots - I am not bias - even praising TXST, supporting TxSo's William Osbourne for All-American and voting SWAC teams in my top 25. xeekx

Southland Insider
June 28th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I don't fault you my young friend. You just want to reach SI's level but it takes time. You have to establish inside connections throughout the conference. Big news hit this past week in a couple of summer camps so hang on and later this week I'll give you a couple of more tips; naturally of the unbiased type!

NSUDemon98
June 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM
FCS OOC games for SLC...

NWST @ Grambling, vs No Dakota
SHSU vs WIU, vs NDSU
UCA vs No Dakota
SFA @ WIU, vs No Dakota
Nich vs Dusquesne, vs Jax St
SLU @ So Dakota
McN @ App St, vs Sav St
TXST vs TxSo, at SUU

Another tidbit...the lack of bias Southland Insider on the Fork'em Demons board under his other alias...

"You must be crazy Caj! No way we lose in Turpin to T-State. I guess that makes us undefeated in conference. Sounds good to me! Unlike McNeese, when we host a playoff game it will be a win."

"SHSU has more holes in their defense than a dart board. We will be the crap out of them at their homecoming. They will not be a threat for the ring."

"It's not just the fact that McNoose loses home playoff games, they get embarrassed."

"No, embarrassment is having it happen at home, and we don't have any LSU transfers."

You're obsessed. You just don't like the fact that he didn't come on here and predict NSU to stink up the joint and finish 6th in the conference...like you want every to predict...because bottom line, and it has become very obvious the past few years, that you have a distinctive slant against NSU.

If he really is a Demon fan, great...if he really is a Southland Insider and not a NSU fan, great. You are the only person getting this worked up over it, though.

NSUDemon98
June 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Like the Southland Insider and his two aliases, I know how to appeal to different groups. When I do it as TT, I am my bias self. When actually covering the SLC in the "non-message board world", voting in TSN/AGS polls or other ballots - I am not bias - even praising TXST, supporting TxSo's William Osbourne for All-American and voting SWAC teams in my top 25. xeekx

You're like that guy that says "I'm not racist...one of my friends is black"...xlolx

TheRiver
June 28th, 2009, 08:56 PM
No one is the Southland likes you TT, not even your boy's on Katfans.com. You are so bias that your own school's fans are sick of you, and you can read it in everything that you write even when you are "Jason". If you can't see that then you are to far gone.

MaximumBobcat
June 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Let's see...post #1 in the AGS posting history of so-called, Southland Insider:

Post #2:

Best of SLC:

Post #3

Big game will be UCA/Northwestern St. on October 10!

Post #4

Post #5

Good post.

I seem to agree with everybody that something seems fishy with this "Southland Insider". SI, you may have some good connections within the SLC, but your unrelenting need to continually tell everybody how "Unbiased" you are, tells me that you really ARE biased and are trying for some strange reason to make it look like you aren't.

Best Stadium in the SLC? How much more subjective can you get??? Of course you pick NWST.

TexasTerror
June 28th, 2009, 09:43 PM
You're obsessed. You just don't like the fact that he didn't come on here and predict NSU to stink up the joint and finish 6th in the conference...like you want every to predict...because bottom line, and it has become very obvious the past few years, that you have a distinctive slant against NSU.

The only thing I disliked about Demon football is the same thing I disliked (and still do) about Lamar basketball. Every year - you could read the same script and every year, it would be the same to the 'T'...

"Best recruiting class in SLC."
"Toughest OOC schedule"

And the list goes on...

And every year for LU since returning to the SLC for Cardinal basketball and for the last four years (when I have really followed the SLC) for Demon football, it has all led to...the crickets chirping when it mattered most.

It just gets a bit old. At least break the script and try to surprise us a little! Maybe win the SLC when we do not expect it!

One thing is certain, I love the energy of BDP. He's going to turn things around and unlike the previous regime, will let the play on the field do the talking, instead of presenting out to everyone nearby a list of all the off the field stuff that does not mean much when the playoff committee makes their selections.

I seem to agree with everybody that something seems fishy with this "Southland Insider". SI, you may have some good connections within the SLC, but your unrelenting need to continually tell everybody how "Unbiased" you are, tells me that you really ARE biased and are trying for some strange reason to make it look like you aren't.

Tried to give you rep, but I gave you rep recently. Great post, Max! ;)

Southland Insider
June 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Just trying to give you guys some heads up on situations within the conference that the young Mr. Swami has no idea about. No bias, just a proud member of the SLC. Gosh, do you want me to list my sources on each team? Come on, at least I am giving you some scoop instead of Mr. Swami's terribly biased opinions. Let's face it, you really have to be biased to think much of the "rich" history of SHSU. (HaHa).

supercat11
June 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Just trying to give you guys some heads up on situations within the conference that the young Mr. Swami has no idea about. No bias, just a proud member of the SLC. Gosh, do you want me to list my sources on each team? Come on, at least I am giving you some scoop instead of Mr. Swami's terribly biased opinions. Let's face it, you really have to be biased to think much of the "rich" history of SHSU. (HaHa).

Even if you don't have a bias for the Demons, you sure have a bias against SHSU. A true Southland Insider would be completely objective.:)

JohnStOnge
June 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I have said several times that Pendland is a terrific back and more than likely will have a great year. .

I don't think Pendland struggled between the tackles last year. Of course, he had a great offensive line. But I'm wondering if you're just assuming he struggled between the tackles because he's small.

JohnStOnge
June 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm interested in seeing how Peveto's going to do. Remember, this is a guy LSU fans wanted OUT but fast. On the other hand, he apparently managed to create the impression among recruits that he's got something. And he had success at Northwestern State earlier as defensive coordinator.

But, bottom line is that this is a guy LSU wanted to get rid of. Had there not been a way to have him save face by being selected Northwestern State head coach he'd have been flat out fired.

JohnStOnge
June 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Defense...UCA. Not a homer pick, but the defense will be even better than last year,

Dude, "even better?" There wasn't a good defense at all in the Southland last year. Central Arkansas' scoring defense number would'be been 66th in FCS if they'd been counted in the stats and 95th in total defense. The Central Arkansas defense, like every other defense in the Southland last season, stunk.

Dallas Demon
June 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I'm interesting in seeing how Peveto's going to do. Remember, this is a guy LSU fans wanted OUT but fast. On the other hand, he apparently managed to create the impression among recruits that he's got something. And he had success at Northwestern State earlier as defensive coordinator.

But, bottom line is that this is a guy LSU wanted to get rid of. Had there not been a way to have him save face by being selected Northwestern State head coach he'd have been flat out fired.

We don't know for sure that he would have been fired. And even if so, we all know that scapegoats have to be found, otherwise it is the head coach or the AD that is next in line. They sure did like him the year before when they won the NC.

He certainly has a way with recruits and after meeting him, I understand why. This guy is all over the map with energy and positive things. The community is certainly responding, I haven't seen this kind of excitement in years.

JohnStOnge
June 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
We don't know for sure that he would have been fired.

I live in the Baton Rouge area and in my opinion there is no way Miles could have kept him or the other co defensive coordinator on. And, look, LSU's defense stunk last year. In my opinion, the defense under achieved given the personnel. They even struggled against Troy. The dissatisfaction was understandable. And, no, there's no way an offense with Troy's personnel should be as successful as it was against a defeinse with LSU's personnel unless LSU's defensive staff is getting outcoached.

BEAR
June 29th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Dude, "even better?" There wasn't a good defense at all in the Southland last year. Central Arkansas' scoring defense number would'be been 66th in FCS if they'd been counted in the stats and 95th in total defense. The Central Arkansas defense, like every other defense in the Southland last season, stunk.

Offenses last year were way above average, you have to admit that. Defenses were victim to that. But the national leaders in defense were SWAC teams and Ivy League teams...and the national champion.

But as for the SLC, I'm not worried about Sammie, as long as you guys keep your coach, this transitional Division II team should continue to add the W's to it's conference record. :)

Southland Insider
June 29th, 2009, 11:35 PM
if you read my post I said he wasn't (Pendland) strong enough between the tackles. Just not big enough. I have a very good friend on staff at LSU that said no way Peveto would have been fired from LSU. He was the best recruiter they had and only coached LB's, a bright spot in the defense. Miles loved him, but that's all water under the bridge, doesn't really matter now. We will see if he can coach, just glad we don't play NSU this year.

lionsrking2
June 30th, 2009, 01:15 AM
We will see if he can coach, just glad we don't play NSU this year.

Kinda hard to play against yourself.

JohnStOnge
June 30th, 2009, 06:20 AM
if you read my post I said he wasn't (Pendland) strong enough between the tackles. Just not big enough. I have a very good friend on staff at LSU that said no way Peveto would have been fired from LSU. He was the best recruiter they had and only coached LB's, a bright spot in the defense. Miles loved him, but that's all water under the bridge, doesn't really matter now. We will see if he can coach, just glad we don't play NSU this year.

Pendland was effective between the tackles. That's the bottom line. It's kind of hard to argue that someone isn't big enough to run between the tackles when they are effective running between the tackles. And if Miles had kept Peveto the pitchforks would've come out. He may have wanted to keep him, but things would've gotten really hot if he would've. Or, at the very least, he'd have had to bring in a new defensive coordinator and demote him. Whether it's fair or not Peveto and the other co-defensive coordinator were complete pariahs among the fans and the media. LSU would've lost money if Miles hadn't been perceived as correcting the perceived problem. And that's the way it was perceived. The general outlook is that neither of them just decided to go get other jobs; that they were just given time to find them.

JohnStOnge
June 30th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Offenses last year were way above average, you have to admit that. Defenses were victim to that. But the national leaders in defense were SWAC teams and Ivy League teams...and the national champion.

I had a big discussion on the McNeese board about the question of whether or not Southland offenses were that good or Southland defenses were bad. My opinion is that Southland defenses were bad. When Southland teams played outside of the league against playoff caliber opposition, their offenses were generally controlled. When I have more time I'll provide some detail but that "high octane" Texas State offense scored a whopping 13 points in its opening round playoff game at Montana. Southland offenses were OK, but I think the league's defenses being awful was a factor in the big numbers they put up.

TexasTerror
June 30th, 2009, 08:19 AM

Mr. B - thought you had been a Demons fan for awhile? I do not frequent Fork'em Demons like other boards, but your name did ring a bell on there...

Guess in addition to being a Demon, you are an LSU guy, which really must have tickled your fancy when BDP was hired by NWST...

McNeese75
June 30th, 2009, 11:17 AM

xlolx I hate to break it to you but every other team in the league is licking their chops waiting on their turn xnodx (just like Jerry Glanville's first year)

Dallas Demon
June 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
xlolx I hate to break it to you but every other team in the league is licking their chops waiting on their turn xnodx (just like Jerry Glanville's first year)

Not sure what you mean here, McNeese is the team with their target on their back until somebody knocks it off. Maybe I'm not understanding your post.

TexasTerror
June 30th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Not sure what you mean here, McNeese is the team with their target on their back until somebody knocks it off. Maybe I'm not understanding your post.

I'm thinking that he is referring to the fact that when a program "talks" as much as he feels the Demons have - a target forms. xthumbsupx

supercat11
June 30th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I had a big discussion on the McNeese board about the question of whether or not Southland offenses were that good or Southland defenses were bad. My opinion is that Southland defenses were bad. When Southland teams played outside of the league against playoff caliber opposition, their offenses were generally controlled. When I have more time I'll provide some detail but that "high octane" Texas State offense scored a whopping 13 points in its opening round playoff game at Montana. Southland offenses were OK, but I think the league's defenses being awful was a factor in the big numbers they put up.

Texas State was up 10-0 and very likely would have made it 17-0 had Bush not fumbled the ball. That play (and Montana's score afterwards) completely took away all the momentum Texas State had. Who knows how much the Bobcats would have scored if that fumble didn't happen.

I agree with you though. I think it's more likely that Southland defenses were just really bad last season.

chrisattsu
June 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM

John,

The boys in the D2 world our discussing this same thing. In the Lonestar Conference, we have teams deep in the rankings, with massive amounts of offense, that just sort of peter out in the playoffs.

The common response is that everyone is poaching Texas for their talent. Most of our top-shelf talent ends up at one of the 10-instate FBS schools, OU, OSU, LSU or somewhere else around the country. This leaves the FCS (and D2 schools) to squabble over the leftovers.

In addition to this, it is their thought that Texas High Schools continue to feed the collegiate spread offense because we lack the big ol boys up front. The combination of these two things produces a glut of skill players who want to be WR and QBs.

http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=22424

NSUDemon98
June 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM

They are? Wow...didn't know we had yet another Southland Insider who knows the ins and outs of every program and exactly who they are itching to play. xlolx

NSUDemon98
June 30th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm thinking that he is referring to the fact that when a program "talks" as much as he feels the Demons have - a target forms. xthumbsupx

All you people do is B and Moan...if Peveto said we were gonna lose every game and had zero chance at winning the SLC you and McNeese fans would still find something to get your panties in a wad about. xnodx

McNeese72
June 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM

Why? We sure as hell didn't win anything last season. I think UCA and Texas St. should be wearing the targets this season.

Doc

slycat
June 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
How about we all just agree that Southland Insider and Texas Terror are both biased but both can provide good info.

BEAR
June 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Sounds great to me SlyCat! xthumbsupx

NSUDemon98
June 30th, 2009, 06:24 PM
How about we all just agree that Southland Insider and Texas Terror are both biased but both can provide good info.

I concur! xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
June 30th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Texas State was up 10-0 and very likely would have made it 17-0 had Bush not fumbled the ball. That play (and Montana's score afterwards) completely took away all the momentum Texas State had. Who knows how much the Bobcats would have scored if that fumble didn't happen.

I agree with you though. I think it's more likely that Southland defenses were just really bad last season.

Yes. Regardless of whether or not Texas State may have scored more against Montana, this is the bottom line with respect to how Southland teams did against non conference playoff opponents:

Texas State 13, Montana 31
Northwestern State 18, Cal Poly 52
Nicholls State 14, Northern Iowa 34

None of the three Southland teams that played against playoff teams from other conferences even got out of the teens.

Dallas Demon
June 30th, 2009, 09:11 PM

The talker, according to you last year and previous years, was Scott Stoker. Now that he has moved over to SHSU he's all of a sudden somebody great in your eyes - or rather not a problem. You have an agenda against the Demons, sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle. To each his own, but each additional post from you has an * in people's minds because of your bias.

McNeese75
June 30th, 2009, 09:21 PM
They are? Wow...didn't know we had yet another Southland Insider who knows the ins and outs of every program and exactly who they are itching to play. xlolx

LIve and learn Newbie, Live and learn xnodx xlolxxpeacex

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2009, 07:26 AM
The talker, according to you last year and previous years, was Scott Stoker. Now that he has moved over to SHSU he's all of a sudden somebody great in your eyes - or rather not a problem. You have an agenda against the Demons, sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle. To each his own, but each additional post from you has an * in people's minds because of your bias.

I never said anyone was talking - if you read my post:

"I'm thinking that he is referring to the fact that when a program "talks" as much as he feels the Demons have - a target forms"

I am not privy to the same banter that our McNeese fan has heard. Stoker is not a problem at Sam, because unlike his stay at NWST - he's not talking and feeding the lines that we became expected to hear from the Natchitoches brood (toughest schedule in FCS, best recruiting class in nation, etc).

Dallas Demon
July 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
I never said anyone was talking - if you read my post:

"I'm thinking that he is referring to the fact that when a program "talks" as much as he feels the Demons have - a target forms"

I am not privy to the same banter that our McNeese fan has heard. Stoker is not a problem at Sam, because unlike his stay at NWST - he's not talking and feeding the lines that we became expected to hear from the Natchitoches brood (toughest schedule in FCS, best recruiting class in nation, etc).

Terror is an appropriate moniker for your name. Your posts imply something negative about Northwestern, however when you are directly questioned you try to squirm free by saying you were merely quoting someone else. Plant the seed in the back of someone's mind and keep doing this, eventually it has a negative effect and some people will go away believing you. State who you are directly, at least that will garner a little respect from you - you don't like Northwestern, to a lesser extent you don't like Texas St., and you certainly don't like the SWAC schools.

Most of the Demon fans don't come on here boasting and beating our chests, unlike other teams or even some of your own school's fans. With regards to the best recruiting class in the nation this year for the FCS, we didn't come up with that - if you have a problem with that I'd suggest contacting rivals.com.

McNeese75
July 1st, 2009, 12:36 PM
All you people do is B and Moan...if Peveto said we were gonna lose every game and had zero chance at winning the SLC you and McNeese fans would still find something to get your panties in a wad about. xnodx

xrolleyesx OK, it seems you have somehow misunderstood my meaning or previous post so let me clear up what I meant. Peveto is a new coach to the league and FCS and is stirring up a lot of excitement in Demonland. That is a good thing and I imagine (and hope in OOC anyway) there will be some success in the future. There has been some banter by your new coach and or fans about taking the program to great heights, etc. We heard the same thing from Jerry Glanville a couple years ago and that was what my previous reference was to. He brought the PSU team in here with the run and shoot and thought they would win but instead they got steamrolled.

MSU vs NWS is always a big rival (and fun) game but you have to realize, We ain't scared of Peveto or your purported #1 recruiting class and I am sure the same can be said for Demon fans of McNeese. This year's game will be a good one but it is in our house and that does mean something.

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2009, 12:38 PM
Most of the Demon fans don't come on here boasting and beating our chests, unlike other teams or even some of your own school's fans. With regards to the best recruiting class in the nation this year for the FCS, we didn't come up with that - if you have a problem with that I'd suggest contacting rivals.com.

You must not be following SHSU's fans as of late... xlolx

And with the recruiting class, well it's an every year ordeal. Top recruiting class in the SLC every year. Lamar says the same in basketball. Oh well, as we have learned in both cases, what is written on paper does not mean much on the field of play. xrulesx

And I find it amusing that you think NWST holds more water than TXST in my book. I'm hardly ever on Fork'em Demons compared to BFs.com. xreadx

Dallas Demon
July 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
You must not be following SHSU's fans as of late... xlolx

And with the recruiting class, well it's an every year ordeal. Top recruiting class in the SLC every year. Lamar says the same in basketball. Oh well, as we have learned in both cases, what is written on paper does not mean much on the field of play. xrulesx

And I find it amusing that you think NWST holds more water than TXST in my book. I'm hardly ever on Fork'em Demons compared to BFs.com. xreadx

"And with the recruiting class, well it's an every year ordeal. Top recruiting class in the SLC every year."

This comes from you every year, not the Demon fans and not the school. You read into this and blow it out of propotion - for your own personal unknown reasons. Every school in the country boasts about their recruiting class in early February. I have NEVER heard a coach or a school announce that they had a disappointing class, that is the kiss of death for a coach. All schools, including your beloved SHSU/Todd Witten, announce that they have signed a stellar class.

I could care less whether NWST holds more water than TXST in your book. I do care, however, that you continue to trash my school at every opportunity - subtle or otherwise.

NSUDemon98
July 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
LIve and learn Newbie, Live and learn xnodx xlolxxpeacex

Whatever you say, Chief. xlolxxnodx:Dxpeacex:D

NSUDemon98
July 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
There has been some banter by your new coach and or fans about taking the program to great heights, etc. We heard the same thing from Jerry Glanville a couple years ago and that was what my previous reference was to. He brought the PSU team in here with the run and shoot and thought they would win but instead they got steamrolled.

Has Peveto said he WILL win the SLC and FCS Natl. Title in 2009? No...any coach would be out of his mind to make such a proclamation. Has he said he WANTS to win the SLC in 2009 and thinks we have a chance and that eventually hopes NSU could win the FCS Natl. Title? I sure hope so...any coach who tells his fan base to expect 4-8 every year is probably not gonna drum up excitement or support. But SOME PEOPLE like to rope WISH and WANT together as being the same thing and get "offended" by it and even the mention of such things.

MSU vs NWS is always a big rival (and fun) game but you have to realize, We ain't scared of Peveto or your purported #1 recruiting class and I am sure the same can be said for Demon fans of McNeese. This year's game will be a good one but it is in our house and that does mean something.

I agree and hope the rivalry becomes even more fun (and meaningful). And I really don't think Peveto thinks anyone is scared to play the Demons, and vice versa.

And like DallasDemon said, you can take up the "#1 recruiting class" up with Rivals.com. A SID would be stupid to not mention such a thing in a write-up, and honestly administration and fans would probably question why such a title wasn't mentioned.

Kinda funny, SHSU fans always thought that somehow Stoker was lobbying sports writers and pundits for such accolades. I guess Peveto has found time in his copious amount of free time to do the same thing. xrolleyesx

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
HAnd like DallasDemon said, you can take up the "#1 recruiting class" up with Rivals.com. A SID would be stupid to not mention such a thing in a write-up, and honestly administration and fans would probably question why such a title was mentioned.

Kinda funny, SHSU fans always thought that somehow Stoker was lobbying sports writers and pundits for such accolades. I guess Peveto has found time in his copious amount of free time to do the same thing. xrolleyesx

NSUDemon, it is the years that NSU is not ranked #1 by Rivals, that your former coach made it aware in his remarks that he had the toughest schedule and best recruits in the SLC. Some circles, which I do not partake in, began to know him as "Stoker the Joker" because of this.

Not faulting the SID because their job is to pub up anything and everything that puts their athletic department in a positive light. This year, they were the #1 recruiting class, even if it was by a scouting service that does not properly cover FCS.

Though I am a bit confused why we read and discussed the same things yearly when it came to the Demons...

lionsrking2
July 1st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Touting being ranked #1 in FCS recruiting by Rivals would be akin to going 4 for 10 in the big leagues and claiming you're the last man to hit .400 since Ted Williams.

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Touting being ranked #1 in FCS recruiting by Rivals would be akin to going 4 for 10 in the big leagues and claiming you're the last man to hit .400 since Ted Williams.

Darn it! Just gave you rep! xbowx

NSUDemon98
July 1st, 2009, 07:48 PM

Touting? Go to nsudemons.com and do me a favor, count the number of times it is mentioned back in the write-ups from signing period...xreadx

NSUDemon98
July 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
Darn it! Just gave you rep! xbowx

You would...xrolleyesx

NSUDemon98
July 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Though I am a bit confused why we read and discussed the same things yearly when it came to the Demons...

Because people aren't gonna get over it? xeyebrowx

You honestly think Doug Ireland cares what you, lionking and McNeese75 say about the write-ups on nsudemons.com??? You guys might as well get use to it...and quite frankly, I still cannot for the life of me figure out why people care so much. I could care less what the SIDs at McNeese, SHSU, TxSt, etc. put in their write-ups.

TexasTerror
July 1st, 2009, 08:18 PM
Because people aren't gonna get over it? xeyebrowx

You honestly think Doug Ireland cares what you, lionking and McNeese75 say about the write-ups on nsudemons.com??? You guys might as well get use to it...and quite frankly, I still cannot for the life of me figure out why people care so much. I could care less what the SIDs at McNeese, SHSU, TxSt, etc. put in their write-ups.

You are putting words in my mouth. Thanks! xnonox

Never said it was the SIDs. Said it was the coaches.

lionsrking2
July 1st, 2009, 09:03 PM
Touting? Go to nsudemons.com and do me a favor, count the number of times it is mentioned back in the write-ups from signing period...xreadx

Why don't you do me a favor and re-read my post...I never mentioned anything about your team or anybody in your SID...I simply made a general comment about how ridiculous it is to place emphasis on the Rivals recruiting rankings as they relate to FCS schools because the the nature of the formula.

NSUDemon98
July 1st, 2009, 09:56 PM
Why don't you do me a favor and re-read my post...I never mentioned anything about your team or anybody in your SID...I simply made a general comment about how ridiculous it is to place emphasis on the Rivals recruiting rankings as they relate to FCS schools because the the nature of the formula.

Then who did you imply is "touting"?

It seems people other than NSU fans bring it up more than we do.

lionsrking2
July 1st, 2009, 10:26 PM

Again, I made a general statement...nothing more, nothing less.

McNeese75
July 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM

xrolleyesx

How about feeding the thread some interesting "insider" info from your perspective on the Demons (or any other SLC team for that matter) instead of being so defensive about other posts. xrotatehx

NSUDemon98
July 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM
xrolleyesx

How about feeding the thread some interesting "insider" info from your perspective on the Demons (or any other SLC team for that matter) instead of being so defensive about other posts. xrotatehx

xrolleyesx How about sticking to the thread topic. Something which you have not done either.xrolleyesxxrolleyesx

McNeese75
July 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
xrolleyesx How about sticking to the thread topic. Something which you have not done either.xrolleyesxxrolleyesx

xcoffeex Whatever (as if you have). Happy post padding

NSUDemon98
July 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
xcoffeex Whatever (as if you have). Happy post padding

Do you honestly think I care about how many posts I have? I am not the reason the thread has evolved to discussions other the SLC. People attack or make false assumptions, I am going to respond.

Here's how I will get back to the SLC topic:

NSU just acquired a transfer LB from University of Washington. Originally from Baton Rouge out of HS. Last name Rousell. xrulesx

GeauxLions94
July 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Do you honestly think I care about how many posts I have? I am not the reason the thread has evolved to discussions other the SLC. People attack or make false assumptions, I am going to respond.

NSU just acquired a transfer RB from University of Washington. Originally from Baton Rouge out of HS. Last name Rousell. xrulesx

BTW, he's a LB

NSUDemon98
July 2nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
BTW, he's a LB

My bad...thanks. xthumbsupx

Retro
July 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM

NSU just acquired a transfer LB from University of Washington. Originally from Baton Rouge out of HS. Last name Rousell. xrulesx

Congratulations! You've just picked up a guy from an 0 - 12 FBS team that finished beneath 22 FCS teams in the computer rankings...

We'll, i checked and didn't see any stats on him. Did he play last year?

Dallas Demon
July 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Congratulations! You've just picked up a guy from an 0 - 12 FBS team that finished beneath 22 FCS teams in the computer rankings...

Would you not be happy if McNeese had signed him? Are you implying he is not a player? Are you saying that at least 20 FCS teams would have beaten Washington last year?

NSUDemon98
July 2nd, 2009, 08:54 PM

I didn't say whether it was a good pick-up or bad pick-up...just trying to get the thread back on topic.xrulesx

He redshirted last year, which is why there are no stats. xrolleyesx

crossfire07
July 3rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
and voting SWAC teams in my top 25. xeekx

you should hardly EVER be voting for ANY of them. when they beat someone of accomplishment then maybe but just by beating their conference foes is not enough.

crossfire07
July 3rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
We don't know for sure that he would have been fired. And even if so, we all know that scapegoats have to be found, otherwise it is the head coach or the AD that is next in line. They sure did like him the year before when they won the NC.

He certainly has a way with recruits and after meeting him, I understand why. This guy is all over the map with energy and positive things. The community is certainly responding, I haven't seen this kind of excitement in years.

of course he was going to be fired. Miles would not have spent $27,000 to fly him to NSU if he was a guy he wanted to keep. even if no asst. coaches got fired, no way would they have fired Miles or the A.D. . Peveto is a smart man knowing he can tell recruits whatever they want to hear because he does not have a record to prove him wrong since Peveto has never been a head coach before. he is doing a good job at promoting but just has to deliver when the ball is kicked off.

crossfire07
July 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM

you don't have to know the ins and outs of a program. all you have to do is read the smack that A.D.'s, their coaches and players put out. they draw their own target. you ought to be used to that hype coming out every year just more so this year with the hiring of Peveto and all that does is paint that target a bright lime green so nobody can miss it. the intention of it is good so that it promotes excitement for the fans but it sure gets ugly when game time comes and the wins don't.

BEAR
July 3rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
It's my turn to change the color of my font to purple. xlolx

NSUDemon98
July 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
you don't have to know the ins and outs of a program. all you have to do is read the smack that A.D.'s, their coaches and players put out. they draw their own target. you ought to be used to that hype coming out every year just more so this year with the hiring of Peveto and all that does is paint that target a bright lime green so nobody can miss it. the intention of it is good so that it promotes excitement for the fans but it sure gets ugly when game time comes and the wins don't.

Please provide evidence of things that our AD, Coach and Players have said that would "offend" our conference foes or actual quotes from a credible source of what Peveto is telling recruits. Or are you just basing everything you say off of what TexasTerror and McNeese75 have posted?

Here we are back off topic, again...xrolleyesx

Retro
July 3rd, 2009, 11:58 AM
Would you not be happy if McNeese had signed him? Are you implying he is not a player? Are you saying that at least 20 FCS teams would have beaten Washington last year?

1. No, because i don't get real excited about player's just because they are transferring from an FBS school. There is a reason they are transferring and sometime's it's not all good..

2. NO, But again, he's never played a down, therefore nothing to get excited about.

3. NO, but probably 10 of those FCS teams likely could've have beaten washington..If your getting a player who didn't play a down for an 0 -12 team from a bcs program that finished that far down, then really not much to publicize.

TXST TLG8
July 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Could someone list all of the active message boards for Southland Conference teams? You guys have mentioned a few already that I did not knew existed. Thanks!

chrisattsu
July 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Could someone list all of the active message boards for Southland Conference teams? You guys have mentioned a few already that I did not knew existed. Thanks!

Central Arkansas -- ucafans.com
Lamar -- http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?board=53.0
McNeese -- Geauxcowboys.com
Nicholls-- forums.delphiforums.com/Nicholls/start
Northwestern State -- godemons.com
Sam Houston -- katfans.com
SELA -- http://forums.delphiforums.com/southeastern/start
UTA -- utamavericks.com
UTSA -- utsatailgaters.com and utsa-roadrunners.com seem to have some people
TAMUCC -- ??
Texas State -- Bobcatfans.com

MaximumBobcat
July 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Lamar -- http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?board=53.0
Northwestern State -- forums.delphiforums.com/forkemdemons/
SELA -- http://forums.delphiforums.com/southeastern/start
UTA -- utamavericks.com
TAMUCC -- ??

added Lamar and SELA.

Dallas Demon
July 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Lamar -- ??
Northwestern State -- forums.delphiforums.com/forkemdemons/
SELA -- ??
UTA -- utamavericks.com
TAMUCC -- ??

You can get to the Northwestern State board by going to GoDemons.com and clicking on the forum link.

Dallas Demon
July 3rd, 2009, 02:52 PM
1. No, because i don't get real excited about player's just because they are transferring from an FBS school. There is a reason they are transferring and sometime's it's not all good..

2. NO, But again, he's never played a down, therefore nothing to get excited about.

3. NO, but probably 10 of those FCS teams likely could've have beaten washington..If your getting a player who didn't play a down for an 0 -12 team from a bcs program that finished that far down, then really not much to publicize.

Not sure where you are coming from, nsuson98 only posted the fact that he was transferring: "NSU just acquired a transfer LB from University of Washington. Originally from Baton Rouge out of HS. Last name Rousell.". You came back with a slamming remark - fine. No bragging on our part, no posting on nsudemons.com. In fact there is more publicity in your posts (although negative) than anywhere else about this event. Geez, I guess we can all blame it on football still being 2 months away.

BEAR
July 3rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
I've never seen this many Demon fans on this board before! Nice! xthumbsupx

McNeese75
July 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM

xlolx I was thinking the same thing (but its a good thing xnodx)

NSUDemon98
July 3rd, 2009, 08:04 PM

It appears you're getting more excited/worked up over it than anyone xeyebrowx

crossfire07
July 4th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Please provide evidence of things that our AD, Coach and Players have said that would "offend" our conference foes or actual quotes from a credible source of what Peveto is telling recruits. Or are you just basing everything you say off of what TexasTerror and McNeese75 have posted?

Here we are back off topic, again...xrolleyesx

I don't think it offends anyone. It is based off of everything that the A.D. puts out EVERY year. obviously it is the A.D. since Stoker is gone and it has done nothing but escalated. they can put out as much as hype as they want. they are the ones that have to live up to it. I don't think anyone would find a players statement in the newspaper saying they was going to go all the way winning a national championship undefeated offensive but would find a few other things to call it. I hope he is able to keep that enthusiasm up on the bus ride back from Baylor.
TT has long been pretty much unbiased against other teams in his posts but if he is going to get blamed for something he might as well go on and do it.

Dallas Demon
July 4th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I don't think it offends anyone. It is based off of everything that the A.D. puts out EVERY year. obviously it is the A.D. since Stoker is gone and it has done nothing but escalated. they can put out as much as hype as they want. they are the ones that have to live up to it. I don't think anyone would find a players statement in the newspaper saying they was going to go all the way winning a national championship undefeated offensive but would find a few other things to call it. I hope he is able to keep that enthusiasm up on the bus ride back from Baylor.
TT has long been pretty much unbiased against other teams in his posts but if he is going to get blamed for something he might as well go on and do it.

Although it's tough to follow your written statement, I'll take a stab at responding to the point I think you are trying to make. If you have read any of the stories in the paper, they indicated that Pevito felt he could build the program back up to where is was in the late 90s and early 2000s, but it would take a little time. One of the players (a senior this year) said the heck with that, why not this year. Everything else has been centered around the excitement around the program and looking forward.

Did McNeese do the same when Simmons was hired - you betcha. Other coaches at other schools - all the time. McNeese, in spite of its relatively large population base, corporate support, and casino support has done a terrible job over the years of boasting itself. I think that is changing with McLelland as the AD, long overdue. Our SID and AD always do a terrific job of building our program up, just what any good SID and AD should. Don't be upset because these people are doing their job. After all, over the years you would have taken both our SID and our AD in a heartbeat if you would have had the chance. xrulesx

Retro
July 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
It appears you're getting more excited/worked up over it than anyone xeyebrowx

No, just stating a fact about it.. I could care less for the most part.

It is you that is very defensive about every little thing posted...

NSUDemon98
July 4th, 2009, 03:04 PM
No, just stating a fact about it.. I could care less for the most part.

It is you that is very defensive about every little thing posted...

I respond to B.S. accusations. Like you, implying that all Demon fans are pumping our chest and jumping in the streets over the LB transfer.

I am still waiting for someone to show me an article where Peveto or Greg Burke has proclaimed that NSU is going to win the SLC or a NC, or even implied such a thing. xcoffeex

NSUDemon98
July 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Although it's tough to follow your written statement, I'll take a stab at responding to the point I think you are trying to make. If you have read any of the stories in the paper, they indicated that Pevito felt he could build the program back up to where is was in the late 90s and early 2000s, but it would take a little time. One of the players (a senior this year) said the heck with that, why not this year. Everything else has been centered around the excitement around the program and looking forward.

Did McNeese do the same when Simmons was hired - you betcha. Other coaches at other schools - all the time. McNeese, in spite of its relatively large population base, corporate support, and casino support has done a terrible job over the years of boasting itself. I think that is changing with McLelland as the AD, long overdue. Our SID and AD always do a terrific job of building our program up, just what any good SID and AD should. Don't be upset because these people are doing their job. After all, over the years you would have taken both our SID and our AD in a heartbeat if you would have had the chance. xrulesx

You're wasting your time...haven't you seen all of the press clippings where everyone working in the NSU athletic dept. has been quoted as saying that NSU is gonna win the SLC in 2009 and go all the way to Nooga? xlolx

Retro
July 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM
xrolleyesx
I respond to B.S. accusations. Like you, implying that all Demon fans are pumping our chest and jumping in the streets over the LB transfer.

I am still waiting for someone to show me an article where Peveto or Greg Burke has proclaimed that NSU is going to win the SLC or a NC, or even implied such a thing. xcoffeex

xrolleyesxxrolleyesx

NSUDemon98
July 4th, 2009, 08:37 PM
xrolleyesx

xrolleyesxxrolleyesx

xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

Southland Insider
July 4th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Roussell was a 3 star recruit out of BR, originally committed to Tennessee, signed with U of Washington late and redshirted this past season. I think any southland school would be glad to have him, regardless of how bad U of W was this past season.

McNeese75
July 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

Exactly how old are you?

NSUDemon98
July 4th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Exactly how old are you?

Oh, I guess 4 rolling of the eyes is over the limit...as opposed to the 3 that Retro used.

Not far behind you by the sound of it...I would MUCH rather talk SLC football, or at the VERY LEAST read about it, but SOME PEOPLE would rather gripe about what someone says in a sports write-up xnonono2x .... I'm sick of it, if you can't tell.

I even made an attempt to get the thread back on track...but once again derailed by stupid stuff. xnonono2x

lionsrking2
July 4th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I even made an attempt to get the thread back on track...but once again derailed by stupid stuff. xnonono2x

Actually you did not attempt to get the thread back on track...the primary focus of the thread - as started by TT - is "biggest questions from rival fans," as it relates to other teams in the SLC besides your own. Mentioning that you picked up a transfer is not even close to back on track.

As a matter of fact, I've re-read all of your posts in this thread and you have yet to address the original topic.

NSUDemon98
July 4th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Actually you did not attempt to get the thread back on track...the primary focus of the thread - as started by TT - is "biggest questions from rival fans," as it relates to other teams in the SLC besides your own. Mentioning that you picked up a transfer is not even close to back on track.

As a matter of fact, I've re-read all of your posts in this thread and you have yet to address the original topic.

Sorry, my effing bad...I tried to get it back to the SLC.

crossfire07
July 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM
McNeese, in spite of its relatively large population base, corporate support, and casino support has done a terrible job over the years of boasting itself. I think that is changing with McLelland as the AD, long overdue. Our SID and AD always do a terrific job of building our program up, just what any good SID and AD should. Don't be upset because these people are doing their job. After all, over the years you would have taken both our SID and our AD in a heartbeat if you would have had the chance. xrulesx

it is illegal for the casino community to make ANY type of donations to the school. they can't even buy uniforms for little league ball even if their names are not on the jerseys and I think it is a stupid law that needs to be changed.
The McNeese admin is not into BOASTING as you say.It is not their syle.that is why it is not done. has nothing to do with money or anything else. the standard is a little higher than that. I am hardly upset that NSU builds up its fans expectations every year to let them down.maybe this year will be different. Our admin has been doing an EXCELLENT job over the years. want to comapare their football W / L records? look how long it took NSU to get rid of a coach that could not win. McNeese wins 7 games and heads still rolled. I do respect your loyalty and your support for The Demons and I look forward to getting our game back to towards the end of the season where it belongs.

Dallas Demon
July 5th, 2009, 11:28 AM
it is illegal for the casino community to make ANY type of donations to the school. they can't even buy uniforms for little league ball even if their names are not on the jerseys and I think it is a stupid law that needs to be changed.
The McNeese admin is not into BOASTING as you say.It is not their syle.that is why it is not done. has nothing to do with money or anything else. the standard is a little higher than that. I am hardly upset that NSU builds up its fans expectations every year to let them down.maybe this year will be different. Our admin has been doing an EXCELLENT job over the years. want to comapare their football W / L records? look how long it took NSU to get rid of a coach that could not win. McNeese wins 7 games and heads still rolled. I do respect your loyalty and your support for The Demons and I look forward to getting our game back to towards the end of the season where it belongs.

I disagree with your statement, most on your forum tried to run your AD out of town over the years before the current one came into play. NSU does not build up its fans expectations every year - we expect to win having made the playoffs 5 out of 8 years from the late 90s through 2004. It's time to get back on track, and the excitement is building with the new coach and a new attitude. What the AD and the SID are doing is basic marketing 101.

I'm done with this topic, reply if you wish but it is time to move on to something more constructive.

McNeeserocket
July 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dallas Demon
McNeese, in spite of its relatively large population base, corporate support, and casino support has done a terrible job over the years of boasting itself. I think that is changing with McLelland as the AD, long overdue. Our SID and AD always do a terrific job of building our program up, just what any good SID and AD should. Don't be upset because these people are doing their job. After all, over the years you would have taken both our SID and our AD in a heartbeat if you would have had the chance.

I think you should know that there were many who were ready for a new AD at McNeese and are happy with most of what McLelland has done, but I don't believe you can find even a handfull of fans who ever want Louis Bonnette to leave McNeese. Bonnette is an asset to McNeese and has been so for over 44 years! It is a ashame that he will eventually retire. He has worked a total of 493 straight football games for the Cowboys.

Don't you have Bonnette's son on your staff?

BEAR
July 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hey, you guys can settle this on the field.xmadx.......................xeekxoh, no you can'txnonox.......nevermind. xrolleyesxxlolx

buckp
July 5th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I think you should know that there were many who were ready for a new AD at McNeese....

Amen! xanim_chaix

.... and are happy with most of what McLelland has done........even though McNeese could have hired him for almost half of what he makes now! xeekx xnodx

bobcatfan06
July 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
The biggest question is when the Texas State banner will be at the top of the page.....

Dallas Demon
July 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I think you should know that there were many who were ready for a new AD at McNeese and are happy with most of what McLelland has done, but I don't believe you can find even a handfull of fans who ever want Louis Bonnette to leave McNeese. Bonnette is an asset to McNeese and has been so for over 44 years! It is a ashame that he will eventually retire. He has worked a total of 493 straight football games for the Cowboys.

Don't you have Bonnette's son on your staff?

I agree that Bonnette is good and very well-liked/respected. The AD before McLelland was who I was referring too. McLelland seems to be doing great things as you indicate.

McNeese75
July 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
The biggest question is when the Texas State banner will be at the top of the page.....

xlolx we can't agree two nickels = a dime on this thread and you want us to settle your decorating issue? :D

crossfire07
July 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
and a little gold to the top of the page and it will look just FINE xnodx

El Gato
July 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM

I was about to post something to this effect as well. I didn't put my money down so I could stare at a CAA Banner at the top of the page. It's been 5 days...come on now. I'm gonna ask for a refund pro-rated for missing days if this keeps up.

El Gato
July 5th, 2009, 11:34 PM

Well in reality it's really just two posters (well, three if you count "Southland Insider") who are just posting all the time that make it seem like alot of Demon Fans.