View Full Version : Which I-AA Semifinalist Will Fall the Furthest?

TexasTerror
December 4th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Which I-AA semifinalist will fall the furthest next year?

Will Furman be able to re-produce what Ingle Martin and company did this year? They sure will miss that leg of Martin, but what can be said for the Paladin offense?

What will Appalachian St do without Richie Williams? Is Boone going to be an enjoyable place this next year? Or will they remember 2004 in 2006?

The Texas State Bobcats lose nearly 30 seniors, a large majority of which were active players this year, will not have such a favorable home schedule and bye-bye goes dual-threat QB Barrick Nealy, can they be players or will they go back to mediocrity?

Or will UNI make life wonderful once more in the UNI-Dome this coming 2006 season? Will they be able to roll over Gateway foes? Or will they find themselves in the shoes of Indiana St?

youwouldno
December 4th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Isn't Texas State the rather obvious answer? There is no way to know what will happen in 2006, but based on what we do know I imagine Texas State will see the greatest drop in their success-- possibly from winning the NC to not making the playoffs.

I expect the other 3 to remain strong.

TexasTerror
December 4th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Isn't Texas State the rather obvious answer? There is no way to know what will happen in 2006, but based on what we do know I imagine Texas State will see the greatest drop in their success-- possibly from winning the NC to not making the playoffs. I expect the other 3 to remain strong.

I see UNI staying strong giving Cap'N reasons to check out all the girls at the UNI-Dome (instead of traveling to places like New Hampshire) as the Panthers enjoy some home playoff action next year

crunifan
December 4th, 2005, 12:19 AM
I have to say Texas State.

UNI, Appalachain State, and Furman are all perenial powers that seem to do well each year, and I have no doubt next year will be good to them.

And for my team, all I have to say is: Sanders. :D

P.S. I can say that at the end of next year too (assuming no unfortunate events)

TexasTerror
December 4th, 2005, 12:46 PM
**BUMP**

:)

BobcatSymphony
December 4th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I think our Bobcats will have a slight drop as new blood gets worked into the system....

However I still don't see us fallings as much as your 'Kats did thanks to our coach.

Cal Poly Mustang
December 4th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Isn't Texas State the rather obvious answer? There is no way to know what will happen in 2006, but based on what we do know I imagine Texas State will see the greatest drop in their success-- possibly from winning the NC to not making the playoffs.

That's what I thought when I heard the announcer say they had 27 or 28 seniors on their team. Next year might be a tough time for the TxSt Bobcats.

-- Go Mustangs (next year..)!

Hansel
December 4th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Should we call this the Sam Houston award :p

blackfordpu
December 4th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Should we call this the Sam Houston award :p

Not funny hansel, that hits the heart. :( :) JMU didn't do too well this season either.

I have to say Texas State is the answer here. They lose what, 27 players, including their all conference, possibly all I-AA quarterback.

TexasTerror
December 4th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I think our Bobcats will have a slight drop as new blood gets worked into the system....However I still don't see us fallings as much as your 'Kats did thanks to our coach.

Depends on your schedule...

Kats had a tough go with two I-A games, road games at the toughest SLC sites to win (McN, Nicholls and TxSt -- top three of the league, right?) and a new QB who didn't know the offense. Two plays go our way, we're 4-2 in conference. I'm referring to NW St and Tx St games.

blackfordpu
December 4th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Depends on your schedule...

Kats had a tough go with two I-A games, road games at the toughest SLC sites to win (McN, Nicholls and TxSt -- top three of the league, right?) and a new QB who didn't know the offense. Two plays go our way, we're 4-2 in conference. I'm referring to NW St and Tx St games.

Better coaching decisions and we may go 3-1. I'm referring to McNeese St.

FU97
December 4th, 2005, 05:09 PM
While we admitedly lose a lot of Seniors on offense, we do return 20 of the 22 on the defensive two deep. Losing Ingle will be huge as he's the most prolific passer in FU history. That said, we are a running team and we get Felton (leading rusher) and Gipson (one of the three RBs we regularly use) back. Gray will take over at QB next year and you will see much more option out of our offense. We won't throw like we have the last two years, but I expect to see our offense continue to succeed. Not at the level of this year's team, but definitely still good. Our defense will be where we win most of our games next year as we are very talented on that side of the ball. That talent has started to come together over the last 3-4 weeks.

Don't see how anyone could vote for Furman over Texas State. Heck most are probably voting for Furman b/c of Ingle, but ASU is losing Williams

Kill'em
December 4th, 2005, 06:34 PM
It hurts for Furman to lose Martin, but I was never that impressed with him. I think they have quality backups (from what I've seen) plus their young defense will be more experienced and will be a force. I don't know much about UNI so there is not much I can say about them. I originally would have figured App St to hurt most but this was before the playoffs. I think they've got a lot of talent returning so they will be really tough next year.

I have to say TXST will fall far and hard. They are on a roll due to the aforementioned senior class and two once-in-a-lifetime athletes at receiver and quarterback. It will be a long year for them. Don't feel bad, GSU may have a long year too.

fuEMO
December 4th, 2005, 07:36 PM
The D will back to old-school Furman style. Stingy and physical.
20 returning lettermen, and 9 returning starters on defense. Add to the mix 3 dlinemen redshirting. Hopefully you can pencil Austin at corner we will have to wait and see after spring. On offense Ingle will be missed but the Citadel game showed the potental of Gray a true option qb with a strong arm. I would compare him to Tutt. The oline will have some new young talented players but our oline coach is one of the best. New redshirt freshmen speed receivers will match up well with Stepp one of the most underrated receivers in 1AA.

Kill'em
December 4th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Stepp looked good against us. Andrew Jones will be a star!