PDA

View Full Version : A10 exit means....

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
one year closer to...

http://www.caasports.com/info/photogalleries/football/images/fullsize/16.jpg

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
I was thinking about that tonight as well. What is the timeline?

JMU Duke Dog
December 3rd, 2005, 09:30 PM
A10 haters will just become CAA haters. It is time for all 12 A10/CAA teams to focus on 2006 and win all I-AA OOC games next year with maybe some I-A OOC upsets! Bring on 2006!

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
one year closer to...

http://www.caasports.com/info/photogalleries/football/images/fullsize/16.jpg
Is Wofford joining the CAA :p

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2005, 09:33 PM
Is Wofford joining the CAA :p

nope that's Lehigh :)

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:41 PM
I was thinking about that tonight as well. What is the timeline?
2007 will be the first year of CAA football.

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2005, 09:46 PM
2007 will be the first year of CAA football.

... and no more A-10 to kick around. :rolleyes:

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:52 PM
... and no more A-10 to kick around. :rolleyes:
Yup. No more jokes about the A12, er 10, er 12. No, the biggest change for the conference as a whole is we get a commissioner that actually cares about football and knows that football butters the bread of athletic departments. The A10 commish was a joke. On a personal note, it will be the first time in my life that ALL of the University of Delaware's athletics play in the same conference.... something that I've wanted for a long time. Now the only thing left is to get rid of associate members and have an all school/all sports conference. :beerchug:

Lehigh Lover
December 3rd, 2005, 09:53 PM
DungeonJoe, are you kidding or are you serious about Lehigh joining the CAA? I haven't heard anything.

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
DungeonJoe, are you kidding or are you serious about Lehigh joining the CAA? I haven't heard anything.
The joke is about the color of the CAA helmet :)

Mr. C
December 3rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Yup. No more jokes about the A12, er 10, er 12. No, the biggest change for the conference as a whole is we get a commissioner that actually cares about football and knows that football butters the bread of athletic departments. The A10 commish was a joke. On a personal note, it will be the first time in my life that ALL of the University of Delaware's athletics play in the same conference.... something that I've wanted for a long time. Now the only thing left is to get rid of associate members and have an all school/all sports conference. :beerchug:
Amen to the commish thing. We can all agree that it will be a good move for all of the CAA schools.

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
Mr. C, did you get to attend today? How was the atmosphere?

blur2005
December 3rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
Well, if George Mason and Georgia State get on the stick and join Old Dominion in investigating the possiblity of football, we can have a nine team football conference. That would be awesome. I do like our six non-CAA brethern, however, so if they want to join the CAA (minus Richmond of course because of bball), I'd be cool with those eleven plus a new ODU team forming the new CAA football. Of course, this wouldn't look because that would leave us with 15 basketball teams...but maybe UNCW will leave. Anyway, next year ought to be an exciting year to close out A-10 football because we will be back with a vengeance.

blur2005
December 3rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
On second thought, let Georgia State try and ODU continue because they already have, but forget Mason. We can't have more Virginia teams in the CAA. It will kill some of our recruiting. Yes, I am selfish :) .

Mr. C
December 3rd, 2005, 10:17 PM
Mr. C, did you get to attend today? How was the atmosphere?
Yes I did. It was in the 30s with freezing rain, but the announced crowd of 11,108 was very loud. Jerry Kill (a great guy, by the way) praised the atmosphere. He was comparing it to the UNI Dome to me. The actual attendance was probably about 14,000. It's a good thing that the game was played Saturday instead of Friday. Friday was extremely windy with temps in the low 20s and wind chills in the low teens. Both teams had very short practices and it was miserable out there.

App State and Furman will probably catch a break with weather next week too. It's suppose to snow on Friday and be very cold, but on Saturday it is suppose to be cold, but sunny. Hopefully, there will be a crowd around 20,000-plus for the semifinal. I think Furman-App State and Delaware-Villanova games are about as good as they come in I-AA for great, close games, so next Saturday should be tons of fun.

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 10:19 PM
Jerry Kill (a great guy, by the way) praised the atmosphere. He was comparing it to the UNI Dome to me. The actual attendance was probably about 14,000.
I am extremely jealous. :beerchug: Was Coach Kill on the sidelines or in the booth?

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2005, 10:56 PM
I would say that Kill would have been on the sidelines.

Tod
December 4th, 2005, 12:53 AM
A10 haters will just become CAA haters. It is time for all 12 A10/CAA teams to focus on 2006 and win all I-AA OOC games next year with maybe some I-A OOC upsets! Bring on 2006!

Against teams like WESUCK U, that should be no problem. :rolleyes: :D

JMU Duke Dog
December 4th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Against teams like WESUCK U, that should be no problem. :rolleyes: :D

Well in 2005 the A10 teams did not win games that they could have won and that is what hurt several A10 teams. Hopefully 2006 will not be a repeat.

Tod
December 4th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Well in 2005 the A10 teams did not win games that they could have won and that is what hurt several A10 teams. Hopefully 2006 will not be a repeat.

Would you just stop being so level-headed and just tell me to f*&k off? Man!!

ravens
December 4th, 2005, 07:56 AM

Ok then, 1 ) F off tod :)

2 ) fess up that the SoCon is the best conference and the blue sky is a joke

3 ) does your girlfriend really play center for montana?

AND

4 ) please quit whining about those fake tats on your back !!!

igo4uni
December 4th, 2005, 08:07 AM

Now we've got posters complaining about other posters being level-headed!!!!!

Gotta love AGS!!!!! :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) xlolx xlolx xlolx