PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Furman

DTSpider
December 3rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
Just got back from the game. Furman played a great game and deserved to win. Richmond couldn't stop the run and Martin hit those out passes like no other QB I've seen this year. Furman is a solid team.

Still a great year for the Spiders though. Who would have thought that we'd make the quarterfinals back in September.

youwouldno
December 3rd, 2005, 09:36 PM
Both teams played well. Martin's throwing ability was the difference... Tutt is a great athlete but you could see the difference between him and Tutt when they went to the air. Felton of course served up his usual crushing performance, which makes everything else Furman does easier.

Richmond's O-line played very well, particularly up the middle. Receivers did not play well, but that has been a clear UR weakness. Hightower did fine but Richmond's RBs just didn't get enough carries to really power the offense. Everything remained on Tutt's shoulders, and in this case it wasn't enough.

Congrats to the Spiders for a great year. I'd like to see their program build off their success in coming years.

matfu
December 3rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Just got back from the game. Furman played a great game and deserved to win. Richmond couldn't stop the run and Martin hit those out passes like no other QB I've seen this year. Furman is a solid team.

Still a great year for the Spiders though. Who would have thought that we'd make the quarterfinals back in September.

WHO would have thought you guys would have gotten to the quarters after your start this year; you guys were tough; if you all had scored on the last drive i would have thought we sort of dominated the game and lost; it was certainly one of our better games. congats on a good year!

spdram
December 3rd, 2005, 10:40 PM
Congrats to Furman, now go adn win it all. Martin played a near perfect game. Other than a few dropped passes by both teams and the one fumble it was well played. Not Stacey's best night throwing but he ran well, cannot fault him for anything after the season he had.

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
Great season Spiders! We are proud of you as reps of the A10. :beerchug: xprost2x

DB_Atlantic10
December 3rd, 2005, 10:53 PM
Great season Spiders! We are proud of you as reps of the A10. :beerchug: xprost2x

Great job for both teams.... I have to admit, this was a I-AA day for me....other than UR and Tx St. from last week, this was the first I had seen any of these teams play....and with the size of the stadiums, and camera angles... I honestly could not tell the difference in the size and speed of the I-A games as I was switching back and forth watching.....the games were just somewhat louder with the larger stadiums and fans....but player wise, I would have never known it was I-AA except for the obvious....

FUPaladin63
December 3rd, 2005, 10:57 PM
Congrats to Furman, now go adn win it all. Martin played a near perfect game. Other than a few dropped passes by both teams and the one fumble it was well played. Not Stacey's best night throwing but he ran well, cannot fault him for anything after the season he had.

Hey, you Spiders can hold your heads high; your team and fans were classy tonight. This was a great game featuring two great QBs; I am proud of Ingle Martin and I was really impressed with Tutt. He played great until the Furman defense found a way to stop him. I credit our defense for coming up big in the last two games. Congrats to the Spiders for a great year.
Richmond used to be a member of the Southern Conference and we always enjoyed playing their teams. With VMI out, we no longer have a road game to Virginia. I would love to see Richmond back in our conference so we can play you guys every year! :hurray:

Purple Knight
December 3rd, 2005, 11:01 PM
Both teams played well. Martin's throwing ability was the difference... Tutt is a great athlete but you could see the difference between him and Tutt when they went to the air. Felton of course served up his usual crushing performance, which makes everything else Furman does easier.

Richmond's O-line played very well, particularly up the middle. Receivers did not play well, but that has been a clear UR weakness. Hightower did fine but Richmond's RBs just didn't get enough carries to really power the offense. Everything remained on Tutt's shoulders, and in this case it wasn't enough.

Congrats to the Spiders for a great year. I'd like to see their program build off their success in coming years.

Just say 'Thank you'.