PDA

View Full Version : A-10 not that good.

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 08:56 PM
After today's performance, the A-10 is just not a very good conference.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2005, 08:58 PM
Give UNI and Furman some credit.

RadMann
Well, if that is the case then UNI certainly is not a good team since they barely beat an A-10 team. On top of that they were outgained 631 to 351. Darn, both teams must stink... lol

Hansel
A-10 was a solid conferences this year, just not the juggernaut of last year

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 09:02 PM

A-10 does not even make it to the semi's...........over-rated.

ChickenMan
December 3rd, 2005, 09:04 PM

Agreed... a lot of 'good' teams... but not a dominate one. UNH had the offense to go all the way... but with a modest defense... they were derailed by the turnover bug. Richmond was a good solid team... but not a serious contender for the I-AA title.

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
:cool: Smack. Poor winner. I expect more from you. :nonono2:

RadMann
December 3rd, 2005, 09:09 PM
They're still smarting from the spanking UD gave their two best teams a few years ago. Darn, so much pent up anger... lol

matfu
December 3rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
as a furman fan i will always respect the atlantic 10; a few breaks here and there (as pointed out by the james madison-furman game last year) often decides games

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2005, 09:16 PM
the A-10 will always be a strong conference; they will be back with a vengence next year. I think it speaks well of I-AA football that we have so many strong conferences.

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:18 PM
the A-10 will always be a strong conference; they will be back with a vengence next year.
I think the A10 will be better next year than this. A lot of teams return a lot of players, but we still have 3 games to go this year before we can focus on that. xprost2x

DB_Atlantic10
December 3rd, 2005, 09:21 PM

This is smack at best....two losses by a total of 7 points means that you have to have your stuff together to get past an A-10 team... I didn't see any blow-outs...UNI played a good game and UNH gave away one too many turnovers..... You should take your win and run. I'm just wondering how long you had to hold your breath to make this comment......

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 09:23 PM
the A-10 will always be a strong conference; they will be back with a vengence next year. I think it speaks well of I-AA football that we have so many strong conferences.

UNH might be my preseason #1 next season. Santos and Ball back? Are you kidding me... :doh: That being said, they looked a little more "human" against a good team instead of pounding hapless Colgate.

bandl
December 3rd, 2005, 09:25 PM
This is smack at best....two losses by a total of 7 points means that you have to have your stuff together to get past an A-10 team... I didn't see any blow-outs...UNI played a good game and UNH gave away one too many turnovers..... You should take your win and run. I'm just wondering how long you had to hold your breath to make this comment......

Take it as a compliment...it seems that EVERYONE has been gunning for the A-10 to take a step off the NC perch ever since JMU buried Montana in the Chatty turf. Only thing is....the A-10 is not going anywhere next year, and will be better in 2006 than in 2005 with key players returning on almost every team. It'll be the same in the future...bring the A-10 down to the same level as the rest of us!

But onto other things....the A-10 is out...hats off to the teams that won and deserve their spots in the semi's!!!! I'm really digging the teams left. Good matchups and good stories to be told, no matter how it all ends.

:beerchug:

blukeys
December 3rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
I give Furman credit. I said on Waves that this would be the best game of the weekend and it was !! Two great evenly matched teams with big play making QB's, who could ask for more? The game was decided in the last 2 minutes. I'm disappointed but only because I think the Furman crowd would be more fun to drink with in "Crapsville" than the incoming Richmond crowd. Congrats to the Paladins and best of luck!!!

UNI deserves credit for an extremely gutsy win. They lost the statistics battle but won the game which is all that counts. UNH fumbled the ball twice inside the UNI 15. NO one can do that against a playoff quality team such as UNI and expect to win. I picked in another thread Richmond and Texas State in the final game because I had doubts about UNH going all the way without an exceptional defense. Those doubts were realized today. Great offenses usually have an off day in a 4 game span. Today, was UNH's off day. No offense to the UNI defense who played super when it counted but the UNH offense was off and made too many mistakes to win. So It goes. :) :D :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
I think the A10 will be better next year than this. A lot of teams return a lot of players, but we still have 3 games to go this year before we can focus on that. xprost2x

What helmet skin this week, 89??? Inquiring minds want to know...

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
What helmet skin this week, 89??? Inquiring minds want to know...
One step ahead Joe. Back to my good old standby for 5+ years.

D1B
December 3rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Gateway was in a similar situation last year that the A-10 is in this year. Does no good to slam them cuz who knows whats gonna happen from one year to the next. Slam the MEAC or SWAC for god's sake. The A-10 along with the Gateway, BSC and SoCon are tops and will have their shot at the national champiionship every year.

JMU Duke Dog
December 3rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Gateway was in a similar situation last year that the A-10 is in this year. Does no good to slam them cuz who knows whats gonna happen from one year to the next. Slam the MEAC or SWAC for god's sake. The A-10 along with the Gateway, BSC and SoCon are tops and will have their shot at the national champiionship every year.

Yes :nod:

Pantherpower
December 3rd, 2005, 09:37 PM
Gateway was in a similar situation last year that the A-10 is in this year. Does no good to slam them cuz who knows whats gonna happen from one year to the next. Slam the MEAC or SWAC for god's sake. The A-10 along with the Gateway, BSC and SoCon are tops will have their shot at the national champiionship every year.

Amen, DIB. The Southland sneaks in there every now and again as well with our friends from McNeese, and TX State has impressed this year. I would throw the OVC in the mix with MEAC and SWAC for conferences that are simply abyssmal. :xmas:

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Wow. One night with a Lutheran pastor and D1B has become the most even tempered poster on AGS! See what a little religion will do for you my brother. :D :beerchug: :bow:

D1B
December 3rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Amen, DIB. The Southland sneaks in there every now and again as well with our friends from McNeese, and TX State has impressed this year. I would throw the OVC in the mix with MEAC and SWAC for conferences that are simply abyssmal. :xmas:

Thanks Power. Forgot bout the SLC - tough/legit conference for sure.

blur2005
December 3rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Well, I thought I was cheering for UNI...oh, I won't let igo4uni ruin my opinion of Panther fans. The A-10 will be smacking people next year, this is certain. This was most certainly a DOWN year. You other teams have fun with your up year.

D1B
December 3rd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Wow. One night with a Lutheran pastor and D1B has become the most even tempered poster on AGS! See what a little religion will do for you my brother. :D :beerchug: :bow:

LOL!!! New supply of court-ordered medication was delivered by my parole officer earlier today. Feel much better. :rotateh:

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
I won't let igoforUNI ruin my opinion of Panther fans.
And don't let tonight ruin your opinion of igo either, he's a good poster, but I think he's gotten a little too full of the Panthers tonight. I'm confident he will return to Earth. :beerchug:

DB_Atlantic10
December 3rd, 2005, 10:02 PM
And don't let tonight ruin your opinion of igo either, he's a good poster, but I think he's gotten a little too full of the Panthers tonight. I'm confident he will return to Earth. :beerchug:

I'll take your word for it....because he certainly had to wait for both teams to lose to start trashing the conference...... :asswhip:

D1B
December 3rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
I'll take your word for it....because he certainly had to wait for both teams to lose to start trashing the conference...... :asswhip:

IGO is tops. It's been a good day for the Panthers, that's all. I'm sure he's ****faced too. xlolx :nod:

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 10:20 PM
I'm sure he's ****faced too. xlolx :nod:
That's what I'm betting on too. :nod:

Tod
December 4th, 2005, 12:58 AM

Isn't this how it normally works? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why would anybody start trashing the conference if both teams had won?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

AZGrizFan
December 4th, 2005, 12:59 AM
:eek: xazzx
:cool: Smack. Poor winner. I expect more from you. :nonono2:

I'm thinkin' you started this one, Hen, with all your fun regarding the best conference.... :rolleyes: :argue: :argue: :argue: xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx :eek: xazzx

TigerFan17
December 4th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Man, the A-10 has its worst year, and only gets 2 teams to the quarters...god the A-10 sucks

lets go MAAC

Tod
December 4th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Man, the A-10 has its worst year, and only gets 2 teams to the quarters...god the A-10 sucks

lets go MAAC

The A-10 is obviously a damn good conference. But considering that, percentage-wise, the A-10 should always get 2 teams in, and that your first round wins were against less than spectacular opponents, I'd say this was a down year for the A-10. Much like the Big Sky. Just not the best year.

Back2Back05
December 4th, 2005, 03:21 AM

I'm not a big A-10 fan but you have to give credit where its due. top to bottom they are easily one of the most talented conferences in the country. And coming from a UNI fan if you watched the game youd notice that a few key mistakes going a different way like that first fumble recovery that was complete bull$%* (the kid was out of bounds when he possessed it) the game might have been a different outcome.. and richmond without that bad snap could have tied the game late for over time.

2 losses doesn't mean they're not good, bad day against tough teams is more accurate in my opinion.

igo4uni
December 4th, 2005, 07:53 AM

Yes, I'm back now. :) Thanks for your belief in me.

I posted when quite drunk and full of National Championship visions!!!!!!!

Of course the A-10 is a great conference. I just got carried away.

Tubby Raymond
December 4th, 2005, 08:09 AM

Be very, very happy that they can't review official errors at this level of play or the fumble by Santos is ruled out of bound as it should have been since the ball was in contact with a UNI player who was out of bounds

89Hen
December 4th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I'm thinkin' you started this one, Hen, with all your fun regarding the best conference....
On the smack board.

89Hen
December 4th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I'd say this was a down year for the A-10. Much like the Big Sky. Just not the best year.
That we can agree on. :nod:

AZGrizFan
December 4th, 2005, 09:28 PM

So. Two of the final EIGHT teams in America come from the same conference and because they lose, the CONFERENCE isn't very good????? That has to be the most ***** up logic I've seen on here in a while. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You'd better hope you don't get rolled on Saturday, or this "fact" could come back to haunt you.

Cocky
December 4th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I will settle this, the OVC is the best conference in America.