PDA

View Full Version : SoCon breakout players

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 13th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Another good SoCon post on SP

You don’t know many of these names but… you will! The rule for this team is that the player could not have been selected All-SoCon last season and must be an underclassman.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/socon_all_breakout_team/

terrierbob
June 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Breitenstein will be a beast this year--may be better than Romero.

smallcollegefbfan
June 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Another good SoCon post on SP

http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/socon_all_breakout_team/

Here is the breakdown by school... which is about what you would figure. GSU has a load of unknown talent that should have a big year.

ASU 7
GSU 6
Samford 4
WCU 3
Wofford 2
Furman 1
Citadel 1
UTC 0

You could pick any one of about 4 QBs for the all-breakout team.

LB is another deep position with the 2 from GSU, 1 from Wofford, there is 1 or 2 at Furman that could be picked, and even 1 at WCU that could be picked.

My guess is that we will see 5-7 of these guys on the postseason all-socon team.

We should revisit this thread at the end of the year and see how many of these guys actually do breakout.

Reign of Terrier
June 13th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Here is the breakdown by school... which is about what you would figure. GSU has a load of unknown talent that should have a big year.

ASU 7
GSU 6
Samford 4
WCU 3
Wofford 2
Furman 1
Citadel 1
UTC 0

You could pick any one of about 4 QBs for the all-breakout team.

LB is another deep position with the 2 from GSU, 1 from Wofford, there is 1 or 2 at Furman that could be picked, and even 1 at WCU that could be picked.

My guess is that we will see 5-7 of these guys on the postseason all-socon team.

We should revisit this thread at the end of the year and see how many of these guys actually do breakout.

Niam won't have a breakout year in relation to last year--he was top 4 in tackles for the team and didn't even get freshman honorsxnonono2x

smallcollegefbfan
June 13th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Niam won't have a breakout year in relation to last year--he was top 4 in tackles for the team and didn't even get freshman honorsxnonono2x

I think he will in terms of getting honors this year whereas he got none last year. I fully expect him to be on a postseason list. xthumbsupx

AppAlum2003
June 13th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Dominic McDuffie should be on the list. He's got the size and skill to be dominate at the safety position next year

smallcollegefbfan
June 14th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Dominic McDuffie should be on the list. He's got the size and skill to be dominate at the safety position next year

I think you could put 7-10 others on that list as well but then the player you replace is deserving as well. He definitely flashed early in the year. GSU has several young DBs as well with some making it and some being left off.

seantaylor
June 14th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Remember the name Brent Russell. He was a true freshman DT last season who had a season ending injury in the 2nd game of the season. He absolutely ate up thUGA's center in the first game. Also, Dion Dubose could be the best defensive player in the Socon by the end of the season. Others not mentioned include Leander Barny and KR Snipes.

DLS
June 14th, 2009, 06:39 AM

cosigned.

catamount man
June 14th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Oh yes, Jon Julien and Trey Selby. Cannot wait to see these kids in action for us this year. Julien is a friggin stud!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

blueballs
June 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Remember the name Brent Russell. He was a true freshman DT last season who had a season ending injury in the 2nd game of the season. He absolutely ate up thUGA's center in the first game. Also, Dion Dubose could be the best defensive player in the Socon by the end of the season. Others not mentioned include Leander Barny and KR Snipes.

Actually Russell went down in the fist game against UGA after beating out a SR to win the NT spot as a true FR. The coaches really like him.

WCU LawCat
June 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Oh yes, Jon Julien and Trey Selby. Cannot wait to see these kids in action for us this year. Julien is a friggin stud!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I still say Zack Jaynes is better than Lee Chapple..as long as one of the freshmen does not steal the starting spot from him.