PDA

View Full Version : Dream Venues for ESPN?

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 06:15 PM
@ APP

@ Tex St

I am guessing both will look real good on tv

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
anything is better than UNH.

I noticed lots of empty seats in Richmond, too.

blackfordpu
December 3rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
I wasn't able to see the crowd at App State today but the people in San Marcos are sure showing up for these games. Looked real good on TV today. :)

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
but the people in San Marcos are sure showing up for these games. Looked real good on TV today. :)

I agree.

Plus the fans ran onto the field at the end of the game!!!!

That's another plus in my book.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
probably be even more hostile when UNI comes to town...

CatFan22
December 3rd, 2005, 07:02 PM
Half the stadium wasn't even full at App. St.

appst89
December 3rd, 2005, 07:07 PM
Half the stadium wasn't even full at App. St.

It started freezing rain in Boone just before kickoff. I'm certain the weather kept a lot of folks away, but 11k in freezing rain wasn't too bad. At least we knew those were the real fans who toughed it out. The worst part of it was that it was extremely slick leaving the stadium.

GASIUalum
December 3rd, 2005, 07:08 PM
for App State, the away side was pretty sparsely populated, the ends of the home side were bare, and the hill wasnt well populated.

11k was the attendance

it was 30 and raining though

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
It started freezing rain in Boone just before kickoff. I'm certain the weather kept a lot of folks away, but 11k in freezing rain wasn't too bad.

Perhaps, they should consider a dome.

ASU Kep
December 3rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
Our guys are tough enough to play in the elements.

DuckDuckGriz
December 3rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Perhaps, they should consider a dome.

waa waa

CatFan22
December 3rd, 2005, 08:09 PM
It started freezing rain in Boone just before kickoff. I'm certain the weather kept a lot of folks away, but 11k in freezing rain wasn't too bad. At least we knew those were the real fans who toughed it out. The worst part of it was that it was extremely slick leaving the stadium.

When it's below 0 and snowing, like it is in Bozeman sometimes, then come calling me. We've had full stadiums like that for many games, mainly the Cat-Griz game, but if it was a playoff game I'm certain it would be full.

nlwwln
December 3rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
domes are for wimps :rotateh:

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 08:49 PM

:boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:

appst89
December 3rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
When it's below 0 and snowing, like it is in Bozeman sometimes, then come calling me. We've had full stadiums like that for many games, mainly the Cat-Griz game, but if it was a playoff game I'm certain it would be full.

Geez, I didn't realize it was a contest. I was only pointing out why I thought the crowd was below average.

I guess you had to go barefooted in the snow and walk eight miles uphill both ways just to get to school too, huh :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Purple Knight
December 3rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
for App State, the away side was pretty sparsely populated, the ends of the home side were bare, and the hill wasnt well populated.

11k was the attendance

it was 30 and raining though

Nest Saturday, thr other side will be full of purple. We do like to go to Boone. About 3 1/2 hours.

CatFan22
December 3rd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Geez, I didn't realize it was a contest. I was only pointing out why I thought the crowd was below average.

I guess you had to go barefooted in the snow and walk eight miles uphill both ways just to get to school too, huh :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you can't see that I was joking, I'm sorry. It's not a contest. Who the hell said it was? I was merely pointing out how cold it gets here. I didn't realize I had to put a damn smily face every time I make post. :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 09:12 PM
@ APP

@ Tex St

I am guessing both will look real good on tv
Agreed, but @UNI would have been very cool to see too IMO.

ASU Kep
December 3rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Nest Saturday, thr other side will be full of purple. We do like to go to Boone. About 3 1/2 hours.

3.5 hours? Good God your a slow driver!

ASU Kep
December 3rd, 2005, 09:49 PM
I get back to Atlanta in a little over 4.

windwalker
December 3rd, 2005, 10:01 PM
I think it would be great to see a "TV" game under the Uni dome...

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
I see a lot of high school games from the UNI-Dome on TV here in Iowa, while I am sure the cameras they are using aren't top notch, the games don't look that great

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM

Maybe next year... :rolleyes: Being that it would have been a semifinal, there would have been over 16,000 people filling the place and would have looked/sounded like 80,000! Oh well, Texas will provide the Panthers with nice conditions...

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 10:06 PM
I see a lot of high school games from the UNI-Dome on TV here in Iowa, while I am sure the cameras they are using aren't top notch, the games don't look that great

Yeah, I think the same thing. Amazing what those ESPN camera crews do for a place though... Take for instance the difference between the camera work today at New Hampshire and the camera work last week when the game was on ESPN2. Night and day...

UNI MadCat
December 4th, 2005, 12:02 AM

Yeah, those Indianapolis Colts sure are wusses, aren't they?

UNI MadCat
December 4th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Maybe next year... :rolleyes: Being that it would have been a semifinal, there would have been over 16,000 people filling the place and would have looked/sounded like 80,000! Oh well, Texas will provide the Panthers with nice conditions...

Don't kid yourself PM. We couldn't sell out against SIU and that was a scheduled game. Its tough to imagine even getting that crowd when you have 6 days to get it done. It would have been a nice crowd but 14K or so is what I'd expect. We drew 14K for the semis in the early 90s and that was with a UNI team that was #1 most of the year.

putter
December 4th, 2005, 12:13 AM
I remember the Montana St. game at UNI a couple of years ago. It was televised and it looked pretty good. Not a full house but the crowd was into it.

GASIUalum
December 4th, 2005, 01:17 AM
the SIU game at UNI this year looked pretty good on TV, until the 4th quarter

ASUMountaineer
December 4th, 2005, 01:33 AM
If you can't see that I was joking, I'm sorry. It's not a contest. Who the hell said it was? I was merely pointing out how cold it gets here. I didn't realize I had to put a damn smily face every time I make post. :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx :) xlolx
I was at the App St. game today. It was flippin freezing, and I used to live in Michigan. Believe me, I know what cold is. I'm probably going to sick staying for the whole game, but I'd do it again. Go Mountaineers!!!

FU5454
December 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM
I get back to Atlanta in a little over 4.

ASUKep, you mind sharing the route you use to get to Boone in 4 hrs? I've never been to a game in Boone that I wasn't playing in and am thinking about experiencing "The Rock" as a fan for the 1st time on Sat.

Thanks!......oh, and please work on the weather. I'm hopeful for a brisk, sunny, 60 degree fall day! :hyped:

thirdgendin
December 4th, 2005, 07:43 AM
ASUKep, you mind sharing the route you use to get to Boone in 4 hrs? I've never been to a game in Boone that I wasn't playing in and am thinking about experiencing "The Rock" as a fan for the 1st time on Sat.

Thanks!......oh, and please work on the weather. I'm hopeful for a brisk, sunny, 60 degree fall day! :hyped:

Take I-85 to Hwy 321 in Gastonia. It's a straight shot up the mountain from there.

FU5454
December 4th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Take I-85 to Hwy 321 in Gastonia. It's a straight shot up the mountain from there.

MapQuest says that route is 5 hrs, 22 minutes and 302 miles. That's an avg. speed of 56 mph. 4 hrs to go that route is an avg. speed of 75.5 mph....I'm thinking he must know a shorter way.

Thanks for the advice though. I hope to put together a bit of a Road Trip and bring some fellas from ATL with me.

Kill'em
December 4th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Believe me, Boone is a tough place to play in the best weather conditions. Add a frozen carpet and it's doubly tough.

BigApp
December 4th, 2005, 01:16 PM
When it's below 0 and snowing, like it is in Bozeman sometimes, then come calling me.

Never been to Boone, have you?