PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 10th Game for Prairie View

TexasTerror
June 11th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Today is June 11th. Football season is less than 90 days away and Prairie View A&M is still looking for a game...and a 10th one at that!

The Houston Chronicle has an ad for it in their area colleges blog. Not sure who has an open date now, but PV may want to start contacting club teams, which I think Div I teams are allowed to play - since some of those non-scholarship Div I teams have played club teams, I believe - can someone confirm?

Some of the SWAC fans are on TSPN accusing PV of being the one who brought the discussion of the nine-game mandate back. PV dropped the ball big time here, considering their manner in handling the scheduling situation with SHSU.

http://blogs.chron.com/areacolleges/2009/06/prairie_view_am_looking_to_add.html

Lehigh Football Nation
June 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I think the cancellation of the Angel City Classic has a lot more to do with this void. That would have been their 10th game.

TexasTerror
June 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I think the cancellation of the Angel City Classic has a lot more to do with this void. That would have been their 10th game.

Why are we even talking about just reaching 10 games? Shouldn't a SWAC team or any Div I team (not in the Ivy League) try to be scheduling 11 games in the first place? xreadx

UAalum72
June 11th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Club teams do not count as an opponent for Division I teams. You can play them, but officially it's no more than a practice or exhibition game.

The NCAA requires a minimum of only nine games, of which at least half must be vs. Division I opponents.

BEAR
June 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I'd love to see PV play at UCA. Replace Glenville State and Missouri S&T with PV or Grambling or any other SWAC team except UAPB. xnodxxthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
June 11th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I'd love to see PV play at UCA. Replace Glenville State and Missouri S&T with PV or Grambling or any other SWAC team except UAPB. xnodxxthumbsupx

Have your people call their people! xnodx

TexasTerror
June 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM
If UCA does play PV, make sure the first game is in Conway, Ark...

I wouldn't start the series out in Prairie View, unless you tact on a nice-sized buyout. Of course, even with the buyout, it may be tough to fill a game on the slate when PV informs you (if lucky) five, six months before the season...

Panther88
June 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Have your people call their people! xnodx

Please do call our folx. :D We really need a 10th game to fill our schedule out. The late cancellation out in L.A. wrecked our schedule.

I'm going to check w/ some of the local FBS scheds and see what sayeth they.

TexasTerror
June 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I'm going to check w/ some of the local FBS scheds and see what sayeth they.

P88 - it is June. All the local FBS schools are booked!

You should check to see if any schools playing Hawaii have not scheduled their 13th (FBS) or 12th (FCS) game.

BearsCountry
June 11th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Call Lincoln in Missouri. I believe they have scheduling openings. They are a D2 HBCU.

Keeper
June 12th, 2009, 03:20 AM
This is too simple:

As far as I know, both Jackson State and PV have open dates
on Sept 26 and Oct 31. They could play a nonconference game
and JSU has only 10 scheduled thus far.

Somebody get the ball rolling xrotatehx

TexasTerror
June 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM
The Houston Chronicle has posted the ad...

http://blogs.chron.com/areacolleges/2009/06/prairie_view_am_looking_to_add.html

And it's a story on their news web site...

http://sports.pvamu.edu/pages/285.asp?item=31864

JSU would take care of this in a flash, I don't see why they won't. JSU could use an extra game, even if it is a "SWAC out of conference" one. I do not see why it would hurt...???

Panther88
June 13th, 2009, 08:56 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

That's the bottom line and that's why our AD's hold their office while earning their salaries. lol

Mr. Tiger
June 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
This is too simple:

As far as I know, both Jackson State and PV have open dates
on Sept 26 and Oct 31. They could play a nonconference game
and JSU has only 10 scheduled thus far.

Somebody get the ball rolling xrotatehx

Will not happen. Our AD doesn't want to schedule eight games in a row without an open date. And both dates would mean 8 straight games for us.

Panther88
June 16th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Did anyone ever get their people to call our people @ +1(936)857-3311?

Call collect if you have to. :D

Lehigh Football Nation
June 16th, 2009, 04:04 PM
HBCU's are supposedly joined together at the hip, but with Norfolk State and now Jackson State refusing to help out leaguemates in need (for, oddly enough, the same reason: not wanting to play eight straight weeks), you have to wonder is something else is up.

The Delaware State/Michigan imbroglio is one thing, but PV A&M is up the creek just due to the economy canceling the Angel City Classic. I think Jackson State may actually be more worried that they may lose the game... xlolx

bkrownd
June 16th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I'll play 'em. My fee is $65,000, which is probably cheaper than any D-2