Per this link:

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061009aaa.html

appfan2008
June 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
good luck out there we lost to them pretty good our first title year in 05

TheBisonator
June 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
good luck out there we lost to them pretty good our first title year in 05

I hope we put up a good show against them at the very least. Hopefully they're cutting us a nice fat check for the trip.

89Hen
June 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I hope we put up a good show against them at the very least. Hopefully they're cutting us a nice fat check for the trip.
How far from Fargo? Just across two states? :p

TheBisonator
June 10th, 2009, 10:18 AM
How far from Fargo? Just across two states? :p

It's about 585 miles straight shot on I-29 from Fargo to Kansas City, and Lawrence is just west of KC. Probably a 7-8 hour bus trip, I don't know if they'll fly or bus there.

appfan2008
June 10th, 2009, 10:52 AM
sounds like a bus trip to me in this economy... probably need that cash for the institution

mebisonII
June 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM
It's about 585 miles straight shot on I-29 from Fargo to Kansas City, and Lawrence is just west of KC. Probably a 7-8 hour bus trip, I don't know if they'll fly or bus there.

That's a fun one. I would think there'd be a decent Bison group at the game, as its an easy drive and there's plenty to do in KC to make a weekend out of it.

Now, we've got MBB, and FB, what other sports can we play KU in?

BearsCountry
June 10th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Did you guys fly to Springfield or bus? That will be your answer to how you will go to Lawrence.

BearsCountry
June 10th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Also please stay out of Kansas City for recruiting, UNI is already a big pain in the butt we dont need another.

TheBisonator
June 10th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I just revised my calculations: It's more likely an 8.5 hour road trip. I'm sure a lot of fans would leave at night at 10pm or so on Friday, guzzle a lot of coffee/Red Bull and get to KC by 6-7 am and Lawrence several hours before kickoff. That's if you don't want to spring for a hotel.

TheBisonator
June 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Also please stay out of Kansas City for recruiting, UNI is already a big pain in the butt we dont need another.

We focus on Minneapolis, outstate MN and Wisconsin for out-of-state recruiting. Also Houston. And a little Omaha, but not much.

ncbears
June 10th, 2009, 11:26 AM
That's who we open with this year.

gt_bison
June 11th, 2009, 06:41 AM
sounds like a bus trip to me in this economy... probably need that cash for the institution

North Dakota is not feeling much of the recession, and the University System is in good shape. The state is actually increasing funding for higher education for the next biennium, state employees getting minimum 5% raises each of the next two years, etc. Thus, I don't think cost will factor in as much as you suggest.

TheBisonator
June 11th, 2009, 08:22 AM
KU is giving us $375,000 for the game. Highest one-game payout an FBS club has given us so far.

Ivytalk
June 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Call it the War of the Wheat Fields!:D

ndsubison
June 11th, 2009, 02:10 PM

We're already there. Traditionally, NDSU has gotten the bulk of our recruits from MN, WI, & ND with a few SoDaks sprinkled in. Lately, we're bigtime in TX, CA, FL, ILL, while still maintaining a good measure of our upper-midwest boys. Whatever works.....xcoffeexxpeacex

ndsubison
June 11th, 2009, 02:19 PM
North Dakota is not feeling much of the recession, and the University System is in good shape. The state is actually increasing funding for higher education for the next biennium, state employees getting minimum 5% raises each of the next two years, etc. Thus, I don't think cost will factor in as much as you suggest.

ND is "not feeling much of the recession"? I wish I was in your particular field, whatever it may be. Ask the guys from Bobcat/Melroe, Microsoft, DMI, Case/NH if they're not feeling much of the recession. I know many of these people. The recession HAS affected ND. Granted, we don't have a 13%+ unemployment rate like Michigan does but we are being affected nonetheless. Do not forget that tuition is increasing in the near double-digit levels seemingly every other year. Who is THAT good for? The Straight-A student prodigy who's Dad is a welder? Try getting a Pell Grant on that. "Sorry, Sir, you make just enough money to not qualify but you're still too dirt poor to fund this anyway. While I have you here, I'd really like to tell you about our attractive interest rates...". Not trying to start an argument as I would prefer to live in ND over anyplace else, just saying you might want to get out there and talk to some people or do a little more research before making an assumption like that. Go ahead and throw me as many stats/links you want but when it comes to Economics 101, what benefits one group usually negatively affects some other group. Call it the DarkSide of capitalism and run with that idea. I deal with this situation and the people it affects everyday. BTW--is YOUR company hiring? Do you have an open position for a very salty, seasoned, professional bull****ter? I gotta find some work because my beer fund is running on empty and I hate when that happens. xoopsx Peace. To all.

gt_bison
June 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
ND is "not feeling much of the recession"? I wish I was in your particular field, whatever it may be. Ask the guys from Bobcat/Melroe, Microsoft, DMI, Case/NH if they're not feeling much of the recession. I know many of these people. The recession HAS affected ND. Granted, we don't have a 13%+ unemployment rate like Michigan does but we are being affected nonetheless. Not trying to start an argument as I would prefer to live in ND over anyplace else, just saying you might want to get out there and talk to some people or do a little more research before making an assumption like that. BTW--is YOUR compan hiring? Do you have an open position for a very salty, seasoned, professional bull****ter?xoopsx

My reference to how ND is feeling the recession was regarding the state government's budget (although admittedly that wasn't explicit). Find me more than two other states running huge surpluses right now. I'm a PhD student at Georgia Tech, and we're under a (roughly) 13% reduction in our budget for the current fiscal year and next fiscal year. Other agencies in state government are getting hit even worse, and Georgia's situation is nothing compared to states like California. Are individuals in ND getting laid off? Certainly, but like you said, the unemployment is still the lowest in the country (4.0% for April), and that plus a resurgence in oil activity in the West (my brother was laid off his rig for a couple months this winter and went right back on at the start of June) means the state's coffers are going unlikely to find themselves anywhere near the crisis situation other states have, especially with the $1 billion+ the state socked away for 2007-2009 and $700 million projected to be put into reserves for 2009-2011. Thus, the NDSU football team can afford to fly if they the distance justifies a plane rather than a bus, since it's not going to freak out the rest of the University's finances.

ndsubison
June 11th, 2009, 03:09 PM
gt--I hear you. 4.0% unemployment for ND is accurate for April. It's now June and that figure has risen to 5.9%--still better than most, if not all, of the country. Your bro works on the oil rigs? Cool. That's what I was doing before I got laid off in Nov and had to look elsewhere for a paycheck. I'm actually surprised that he got hired back on so soon. Good for him. Most of the roughnecks/contractors/operators I talk to are not currently bringing anybody back, yet alone hiring on new guys. Rumor has it that onc the price of a barrel approaches $70 again then people will start getting back on the rigs. My 2 cents.

ndsubison
June 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
My reference to how ND is feeling the recession was regarding the state government's budget (although admittedly that wasn't explicit). Find me more than two other states running huge surpluses right now. I'm a PhD student at Georgia Tech, and we're under a (roughly) 13% reduction in our budget for the current fiscal year and next fiscal year. Other agencies in state government are getting hit even worse, and Georgia's situation is nothing compared to states like California. Are individuals in ND getting laid off? Certainly, but like you said, the unemployment is still the lowest in the country (4.0% for April), and that plus a resurgence in oil activity in the West (my brother was laid off his rig for a couple months this winter and went right back on at the start of June) means the state's coffers are going unlikely to find themselves anywhere near the crisis situation other states have, especially with the $1 billion+ the state socked away for 2007-2009 and $700 million projected to be put into reserves for 2009-2011. Thus, the NDSU football team can afford to fly if they the distance justifies a plane rather than a bus, since it's not going to freak out the rest of the University's finances.

I can agree with you on that. Cali is really ******ed right now with their state deficit. I talk to many many folks out there and it's never good news. MI, PA, and now OH are also on the "we're screwed" list. Thanks, GM. I just wish I could fail miserably as a CEO/CFO, run a company into the ground, ruin the lives and livelihoods of countless families, and still walk away with a $180 million severence package. Now you tell me what's whack???

ndsubison
June 11th, 2009, 03:25 PM
That's who we open with this year.

Good luck! BTW--how are the Bears looking this year? What are your conference predictions in the 'Sky, what's going on with the coaching staff, recruiting, et al? Haven't heard from any UNC fans in some time. Have they taken the serrated steak knives away from the punters yet? JK on that one. Ha Ha. Everything previous was serious. Thoughts???

gt_bison
June 11th, 2009, 04:37 PM
To try to bring this thread back to football, I find it amusing that the other game KU added to their 2010 schedule this week is a series with my other team, Georgia Tech. Looks like I could find myself watching back-to-back KU games in 2010.