PDA

View Full Version : The "Dome Team" wins...

Mountain Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 01:38 PM
...in the cold, in the Northeast, vs. the #1 team.

Blue42
December 3rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
The myth dies.

UNI is a dome team. They're also a road team. Indoors, outdoors, warm, cold, windy, still, whatever. They just get it done.

All you cocky posters from UNH....SCOREBOARD!!!!!! In your house. In the cold. SCORE....f@$*ing...BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasTerror
December 3rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
And next week, they'll probably be in the heat...

It's 80+ in San Marcos this week. I hear a cold front so it may be 50s, 60s then...

PantherMan
December 3rd, 2005, 01:45 PM

It's 80+ in San Marcos this week. I hear a cold front so it may be 50s, 60s then...

UNI has traditionally played pretty well in the South. They've been to Louisiana and Texas multiple times in the past. I'd much prefer to have that game with Poly though. That would allow the "Dome team" to play in the DOME! :hurray:

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 01:47 PM
I'm happy right now.....and I bet the folks at UNH are not.

Great game by both teams!

My predicion of a lower scoring game......was RIGHT!!!!

I guess the week of practice in the snow in Cedar Falls might have paid off...

A-10 What??? A-10 WHO????

UNI is 3-1 in the last 4 games against the A-10.....its a slippery slope.....

HI54UNI
December 3rd, 2005, 01:48 PM

Nice thing about the Dome. We can practice in the heat. :rotateh:

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 01:48 PM

The great thing is......UNI is a DOME team......we can simulate conditions.....LOL :beerchug:

VonDaDon
December 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
UNI FIGHT....UNI FIGHT (cues the band) :beerchug:

TigerFan17
December 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Turnovers...UNH fans can't be happy right now. :bang:

Dallas Demon
December 3rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
The great thing is......UNI is a DOME team......we can simulate conditions.....LOL :beerchug:

Congrats on the great win!

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
Congrats on the great win!

Thanks! :)

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 01:54 PM
I'm happy right now.....and I bet the folks at UNH are not.

Great game by both teams!

Definitely not happy - anything but. The wind was blowing pretty hard and the field was frozen and fast, and UNI dealt with that just fine. The UNH defense played like they did all season long - good enough to give the offense a chance to take control. Unfortunately for UNH today, the offense never got on track, except for the 2 drives in the second quarter. The stops on 4th down were huge for the Panthers. As were the miscues (bad penalties) and turnovers by the UNH offense.

Congrats UNI - this is one UNH fan that never bought into the "dome team" hype. But I did expect our offense to show better than they did today.

D1B
December 3rd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Recieved regular updates via cell phone from Cap'n, UniRob, and Ralph. They said quite a few of the UNH fans were pricks - they got called "pussies" among other things. They were booed as they passed other tailgaters. I even heard one of em call Capn a pussy on the phone when he called me shortly after the game. Sad indeed.

I also heard UNH is a dump too. That's sad, cuz I thought it was nice there.

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Recieved regular updates via cell phone from Cap'n, UniRob, and Ralph. They said quite a few of the UNH fans were pricks - they got called "pussies" among other things. They were booed as they passed other tailgaters. I even heard one of em call Capn a pussy on the phone when he called me shortly after the game. Sad indeed.

Too bad - I met up with those guys before the game, and had a good time hanging out. There's asses at every school, I guess.

ChickenMan
December 3rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Too bad - I met up with those guys before the game, and had a good time hanging out. There's asses at every school, I guess.

No guessing about it...

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 02:02 PM

I agree....there are asses everywhere.....I'm sure 99% of the fans at UNH are great!!!

After UNI beat Montana State in the DOME in 03.....I bought a round for all the MSU fans at the bar that night.
Its the thing to do....

D1B
December 3rd, 2005, 02:02 PM

Yeah Granite, I should have also mentioned that too. I have no doubt they met many fine folk. But I swear, from the moment they got into town yesterday, they were regularly reporting poor behavior even at the restaurant last night.

Congrats on a good season and a very good game.

Pantherpower
December 3rd, 2005, 02:03 PM

I agree, Granite. Idiot fans can be found on any campus. Having met Cap'n, don't you find it odd that a UNH fan was calling him a pussy? Maybe he was blind!! :xmas:

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
UNI played well and UNH made too many mistakes (3 turnovers 2-8? on Fourth down) to get it done against a good team

Congrats Panthers

Tod
December 3rd, 2005, 02:07 PM
... I even heard one of em call Capn a pussy on the phone when he called me shortly after the game...

:eek: :eek: :eek: is he still alive?

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah Granite, I should have also mentioned that too. I have no doubt they met many fine folk. But I swear, from the moment they got into town yesterday, they were regularly reporting poor behavior even at the restaurant last night.

Congrats on a good season and a very good game.

Thanks - the good thing is that we return a bunch of key guys next year, and there's a lot to build on. The thing is, you just don't get many chances at being a #1. But its another learning experience for Santos, Ball, and the guys that are returning.

It really is too bad about the bad fans, but there are a lot of us that follow and respect the rest of our I-AA brethren!

Good luck next week.

Happy Penguin
December 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
Great win for the UNI cats and a great representation of the Gateway.

Hopefully the A-10 bias on this board will quiet down a bit.

Can you say OVERRATED? :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: xazzx xazzx xazzx :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
I agree, Granite. Idiot fans can be found on any campus. Having met Cap'n, don't you find it odd that a UNH fan was calling him a pussy? Maybe he was blind!! :xmas:

"Pussy" probably isn't the first thing that I would have called him, that's for sure!

From the looks of the back of his truck, it appears that those guys won't need to hit the NH State Liquor Store anytime soon! :)

Pantherpower
December 3rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
From the looks of the back of his truck, it appears that those guys won't need to hit the NH State Liquor Store anytime soon!

Were you able to partake in a beverage (Leinenkugel Honey Weiss) with the Cap'n? :beerchug:

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Granite
From the looks of the back of his truck, it appears that those guys won't need to hit the NH State Liquor Store anytime soon! :)[/QUOTE]

That surprises no one on this fine board!!!!!!!!!! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

peace

igo4uni

Granite
December 3rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Were you able to partake in a beverage (Leinenkugel Honey Weiss) with the Cap'n? :beerchug:

No, unfortunately - was trying to stay warm, was drinking a coffee, and didn't have a lot of time before kickoff, so no beverages for me. :mad:

oldputtytat
December 3rd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Santos was good, but Ball really impressed me!! He made some mighty fine catches to keep drives alive. Really proud of the Panthers. We've had our backs against the wall for a month and have hung in there as a "team"!!!!

unh07
December 3rd, 2005, 03:09 PM

I also heard UNH is a dump too. That's sad, cuz I thought it was nice there.

For someone who wasn't even at the game today, I would watch what you say. UNH is hardly a dump. The football stadium may not be the best, but did your friends on the phone take a tour of the WHOLE campus? And as far as UNH fans all being "pricks," I'm sure all Northern Iowans are angels right? People get in the heat of the moment and say stuff...but your sweeping generalizations just show how ignorant you are. Especially for someone that wasn't even at the game.

As far as the actual game, UNH and UNI played a great game. Very evenly matched and it definitely could have gone either way.

D1B
December 3rd, 2005, 03:13 PM
For someone who wasn't even at the game today, I would watch what you say. UNH is hardly a dump. The football stadium may not be the best, but did your friends on the phone take a tour of the WHOLE campus? And as far as UNH fans all being "pricks," I'm sure all Northern Iowans are angels right? People get in the heat of the moment and say stuff...but your sweeping generalizations just show how ignorant you are. Especially for someone that wasn't even at the game.

As far as the actual game, UNH and UNI played a great game. Very evenly matched and it definitely could have gone either way.

Listen Einstein, I don't have to be at a game. Your stadium is a dump, I'm sure your U is nice.

dungeonjoe
December 3rd, 2005, 03:21 PM

I don't know about UNH fans in general, but this person who talked to the Cap'n this way was either drunk, stupid or suicidal (maybe all three)

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 03:24 PM
I don't know about UNH fans in general, but this person who talked to the Cap'n this way was either drunk, stupid or suicidal (maybe all three)

I think all 3 and.....really fast.....