PDA

View Full Version : UCLA 4* QB Chris Forcier to Furman

nick9c
June 4th, 2009, 08:55 PM
xsmiley_wix

http://www.qbforce.com/NEW2009/CHRIS/Press-sports-release/press_sports_release_1.htm

93henfan
June 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Transfer U.

Another school gives up the moral high ground. Oh wait, Furman already gave that up a few months back.

But seriously, looks like a good pickup on paper. The website kind of makes it appear that he comes from a robo-QB family, sort of like Todd Marijuanavich did. Hopefully he's a little better put together than that.

slostang
June 4th, 2009, 09:17 PM
He would have been great in Cal Poly's triple option with his speed and he could have stayed close to home.

Great signing for Furman. Congrats.

Reign of Terrier
June 4th, 2009, 09:20 PM
What good is he when all he's going to throw is 3 yard slant routes?

How about you ask him how if it's worth it when Wofford sacks him half a dozen timesxthumbsupx

edit: I just read the link and wonder why this guy picked to go all the way to the east coast to play at Furman.

second: IMO he'd be a better fit at Wofford

apaladin
June 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM

How about you ask him how if it's worth it when Wofford sacks him half a dozen timesxthumbsupx

edit: I just read the link and wonder why this guy picked to go all the way to the east coast to play at Furman.

One thing is he liked Coach Lamb and the Furman acadmics. He is an honor student. He is from San Diego. He was 2 time California all-state QB and his team won 2 state championships. Can you say Ingle Martin.

Tribe4SF
June 4th, 2009, 10:28 PM
That website put me off. He's obviously a talented athlete, but I wonder if Tommy Reamon, Sr. consulted with them on that.

seantaylor
June 4th, 2009, 10:30 PM
That guy doesn't run anywhere near a 4.3 according to those highlights.

93henfan
June 4th, 2009, 10:31 PM

Maybe it was a word trick and he really runs 4.3 ft/sec. xsmiley_wix

furman94
June 4th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Tyler Maples + Mr UCLA Forcier = 2009 Year of the Paladin? Along with stadium improvements? Wow! Please lay off the jealousy Wofford and UD :)

Tribe4SF
June 4th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Tyler Maples + Mr UCLA Forcier = 2009 Year of the Paladin? Along with stadium improvements? Wow! Please lay off the jealousy Wofford and UD :)

xlolx I think the Hens will see your Forcier, and raise you a Devlin!

GannonFan
June 4th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Jealousy?? Our transfer had more stars than your transfer. :p

Anyway, transfers=cheaters. xlolx

fuEMO
June 4th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I'm taking a wait and see but on paper and on film this is a very good pickup. IMO Forcier is a better fit than Ingle was. Ingle was never a fan of the option, Forcier has the wheels and size to be a force.

Furman should have a very interesting pre-season camp with Maples and Forcier challenging for PT immediately.

A backfield of Brown, Uhaa, and Forcier looks darn impressive but let's not lose our heads till late August.

93henfan
June 5th, 2009, 12:23 AM

He also beat Ohio State at the Horseshoe.

Touchdown Yosef
June 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM
How does he do with icy 3 yard lines?

401ks
June 5th, 2009, 12:33 AM
...and his team won 2 state championships.

xcoffeex

To be precise...

His team won 2 CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) Division III (smaller school) championships in the San Diego Section.

Division III championships in one of the smaller CIF Sections are NOT "state championships."

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 06:50 AM

He probably saw pictures of Spartanburg decided that the land of used car dealerships and dollar general stores just wasn't going to cut it. Also, the Beacon didn't fit his wine and cheese appetitexrolleyesx

elcid83
June 5th, 2009, 07:08 AM
He probably saw pictures of Spartanburg decided that the land of used car dealerships and dollar general stores just wasn't going to cut it. Also, the Beacon didn't fit his wine and cheese appetitexrolleyesx

Yeah, I guess the cruise up White Horse Road through "Little Mexico" is a much more scenic route?xlolx

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 07:08 AM

Says the homer from hellxlolx

Hard to tell. Ingle didn't look fast while he ran, but a lot of defensive players couldn't catch himxnodx

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 07:15 AM

21-7
23-21

:D:D:D:D

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I guess the cruise up White Horse Road through "Little Mexico" is a much more scenic route?xlolx

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

That's Berea:p:D

AshevilleApp2
June 5th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Good pickup. He'd better help quick. I'm sure the Furman faithful are getting restless.

89Hen
June 5th, 2009, 07:22 AM
21-7
23-21

0-50 in the Tub this year. xoopsx

Native
June 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM
xcoffeex

To be precise...

His team won 2 CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) Division III (smaller school) championships in the San Diego Section.

Division III championships in one of the smaller CIF Sections are NOT "state championships."

Good point. Division III is actually a mid-sized school. There are five divisions in the San Diego section, which has similar demographics (about 3 million population) as, for example, the state of Oklahoma or Mississippi. So its still a big deal to win a section championship, and SD Div III regularly sends a bunch of kids to play college ball. Menelik Holt, from the same St Augustine high as Chris Forcier, went to Nebraska, as did kicker Jordan Congdon. Several players from St. Augustine's Section finals opponent, Point Loma, went on to play college ball, including Anthony West to Nebraska, Josh Holmes to Miami, and Jon Williams to Alcorn State (now at Weber State). Cal Poly linebacker Marty Mohammad played on the Brawley team that lost in the semi-finals to Point Loma.

Maybe not a 4.35 as advertised, but a probably a legitimate sub-4.5, which is pretty darn good for a quarterback. He's definitely mobile and poses a double threat. His judgment and decision-making, already excellent, have probably improved since high school, too. We'll have to wait and see if he's good enough to make a difference.

That website put me off. He's obviously a talented athlete, ....

Many folks in San Diego have the same reaction. Mike Forcier, the force behind "QBForce," is a well known hyperactive stage dad in SoCal who shopped the brothers around to get them playing time. All three brothers played quarterback at different high schools. He and his wife have produced some fine athletes, but over-hyping their skills and shopping them around at the college level comes as no surprise.

Native
June 5th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Steve McNair, Alcorn State. Three-time Pro-Bowl selectee. 31,304 career NFL passing yards. xnodx

Doug Williams, Grambling. Superbowl XXII MVP. His last year in college was 1978.

ChickenMan
June 5th, 2009, 07:45 AM
21-7
23-21

and quit while you're ahead..... :p

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM
and quit while you're ahead..... :p

Better than never being aheadxsmiley_wix

PaladinFan
June 5th, 2009, 08:13 AM
For people that give Bobby Lamb grief, how many other SoCon coaches go to California to pick up a Pac-10 quarterback? My hats off. It takes some guts to go out and recruit a big quarterback transfer when your Offensive Coordinator and long time friend's son is running the offense in his senior season.

BL has been looking for a spread option quarterback for years. He signed two this past year who will eventually turn into good players. Obviously Forcier has to win the QB job, but this gives Furman a run pass threat that should cause problems for opposing defenses

elon77
June 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
How many new cars, new clothes, and chicks did that cost Furman?:) Just kidding.
I guess if he couldn't go to the best school in the Socon he settled for the second best.xlolxxlolxxlolx

slostang
June 5th, 2009, 08:47 AM
edit.

terrierbob
June 5th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Not looking forward to facing him.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM

I'll make a prediction for these two - Forcier won't be starting for Furman this year. Maples might start, but he won't be the best WR in the conference and might not even be better than Adam Mims. I don't know how much experience Furman fans have with transfer players, but you aren't going to find Ingle Martins on the second string on most FBS schools and even most BCS schools. Just ask UD. For every BCS QB transfer they had who took them places, they had another who was a bust.

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
How many new cars, new clothes, and chicks did that cost Furman?:) Just kidding.
I guess if he couldn't go to the best school in the Socon he settled for the second best.xlolxxlolxxlolx

So you are a Davidson fan nowxmadxxwhistlex

terrierbob
June 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
OL FU:

So how's your OL?

PaladinFan
June 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I'll make a prediction for these two - Forcier won't be starting for Furman this year. Maples might start, but he won't be the best WR in the conference and might not even be better than Adam Mims. I don't know how much experience Furman fans have with transfer players, but you aren't going to find Ingle Martins on the second string on most FBS schools and even most BCS schools. Just ask UD. For every BCS QB transfer they had who took them places, they had another who was a bust.

I agree that transfers are certainly hit or miss. However, I certainly don't think that this kid is coming all the way across the country to sit the pine. I'm certain both he and Maples will have to earn their playing time, though.

The signing of Maples is no indication that Mims or Hendrix will lose playing time. Furman fans and coaches love those two guys. Their downside is neither has great speed and are more over the middle possession receivers. Maples will give Furman's offense a downfield threat (along with RJ Webb) and force defenses to respect the deep pass.

One difference between Forcier, I think, and some other transfers is this kid has, by some accounts, the best speed on UCLA's team. Someone from Georgia Southern can appreciate that in the FCS having good speed at the quarterback position is more deadly than a powerful throwing arm. Jayson Foster (who I loved to watch play) had terrible pure quarterbacking skills but good instincts and great speed to make up for what he lacked in terms of passing.

I'd expect a lot of shotgun and a lot of the old FU option attack.

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 09:16 AM

I may be surprised but I don't think many Furman fans think every transfer is going to be an Ingle Martin. Personally, I am not crazy about transfers walking in and taking the position from players that were recruited from high school unless they are close to the caliber of Martin because I think it harms your ability to recruit skill players out of high school and you become dependant upon transfers ( as Delawarexsmiley_wix, not really sure that is the case with UD but what the heck). However, as good a passer as Sorrells is there was a major hole in the offense last year without a QB that could run and face it every defense in the Socon new that Sorrells was not going to run. I think even without the QB transfer we would have seen a little more and possibly a lot more of Worly in 09. WE need the ability for a QB to take off and get yards when necesary. This guy adds to the talent pool. Whether is starts or not will depend on whether he is the best for the team or not. Work outs in August will tell.

As for as Maples, I think there is a good change he isn't as good as Mims. He may not be as good as Cunningham But our WR have been very injury prone and my interest in him was more in providing depth to a receiver corp that has been depleted by injuries the last two years.

As YT pointed out and the last two games were the worst of it, we were very predictable all season. The last two games againts WC and GSU I don't think we ran a play designed to get more than four yards ( or at least it didn't look that way). I think the coaches should be blamed some for that. Even if you don't have the horses you at least have to make the attempt to spread the defense. But the biggest issue was a depleted receiver crew and a QB that wasn't mobile.

GannonFan
June 5th, 2009, 09:19 AM
21-7
23-21

Furman - selectively choosing the 2-3 years of bad QB play in the past 40 years of UD football. Better to be lucky than good I guess.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Technology/images/ernest-scared-stupid.jpg
Furman AD on learning of Pat Devlin's transfer to Delaware - "Dangnammut - get on the phone with Missouri, we's gotsa schedule a loss to anyone but dem blue chickens - it'll ruin OL FU's whole schtick if we can't get out of this one!!!! :p

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 09:21 AM
OL FU:

So how's your OL?

WE have some spots to fill no doubt. From some of the things I have heard is that the OL was at least recruited with this type offense in mind so that should help. But honestly I don't know.

Bigger issue may be defense.

I think there were some reasons to be optimistic about the 09 version of the Paladins but just as many reasons to question where we will end up. The recent transfers at least give the possibility that some of the questions go away.

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Furman - selectively choosing the 2-3 years of bad QB play in the past 40 years of UD football. Better to be lucky than good I guess.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Technology/images/ernest-scared-stupid.jpg
Furman AD on learning of Pat Devlin's transfer to Delaware - "Dangnammut - get on the phone with Missouri, we's gotsa schedule a loss to anyone but dem blue chickens - it'll ruin OL FU's whole schtick if we can't get out of this one!!!! :p

The first game was in the playoffs and was our national championship year so no we weren't any good. But I forgot UD is so good even in mediocre years you make the playoffs. You can cry all you want, but you haven't EVER beat Furmanxlolx

GannonFan
June 5th, 2009, 09:38 AM
The first game was in the playoffs and was our national championship year so no we weren't any good. But I forgot UD is so good even in mediocre years you make the playoffs. You can cry all you want, but you haven't EVER beat Furmanxlolx

We were mediocre in '88 - that was when the Yankee Conference wasn't very good (hard to believe in these plush times of CAA dominance, but yes, it hasn't always been that way). Heck, we won the Yankee and made the playoffs with only 7 wins, and even got throttled at home by West Chester by 20 points that year, only two weeks before losing by only 14 on the road at Furman (hmm, West Chester versus Furman that year, interesting... xwhistlex ).

Face it, you guys are scared of Devlin and the Mason/Dixon Line. xlolx But hey, at least you guys have a whole term named after you!!!! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furmaned&defid=3737088 xthumbsupxxpeacex:p

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 09:46 AM
We were mediocre in '88 - that was when the Yankee Conference wasn't very good (hard to believe in these plush times of CAA dominance, but yes, it hasn't always been that way). Heck, we won the Yankee and made the playoffs with only 7 wins, and even got throttled at home by West Chester by 20 points that year, only two weeks before losing by only 14 on the road at Furman (hmm, West Chester versus Furman that year, interesting... xwhistlex ).

Face it, you guys are scared of Devlin and the Mason/Dixon Line. xlolx But hey, at least you guys have a whole term named after you!!!! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furmaned&defid=3737088 xthumbsupxxpeacex:p

NEVER BEAT FURMANxlolxxlolx

GannonFan
June 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
NEVER BEAT FURMANxlolxxlolx

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1284/1356580214_4f8774057c.jpg
OMG, Pat Devlin's in Newark - run for your lives!!!!!! Missouri here I come!!!! :p

phillyAPP
June 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I agree that transfers are certainly hit or miss. However, I certainly don't think that this kid is coming all the way across the country to sit the pine. I'm certain both he and Maples will have to earn their playing time, though.

The signing of Maples is no indication that Mims or Hendrix will lose playing time. Furman fans and coaches love those two guys. Their downside is neither has great speed and are more over the middle possession receivers. Maples will give Furman's offense a downfield threat (along with RJ Webb) and force defenses to respect the deep pass.

One difference between Forcier, I think, and some other transfers is this kid has, by some accounts, the best speed on UCLA's team. Someone from Georgia Southern can appreciate that in the FCS having good speed at the quarterback position is more deadly than a powerful throwing arm. Jayson Foster (who I loved to watch play) had terrible pure quarterbacking skills but good instincts and great speed to make up for what he lacked in terms of passing.

I'd expect a lot of shotgun and a lot of the old FU option attack.

Mr. Foster was a RARE athlete that was GREAT to watch play the game of football.

I think the best thing the transfers have done is add COMPETITION to the team.

I just hope EGO'S don't hurt the team chemistry.

See you in Greenville !!!!

blueballs
June 5th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Interesting... I wonder how this will work out with Sorrells being the presumed incumbent and Sorrells' dad being on the coaching staff.

This might be fun...

CrackerRiley
June 5th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Says the homer from hellxlolx

Hard to tell. Ingle didn't look fast while he ran, but a lot of defensive players couldn't catch himxnodx

Jason Hunter did... :p

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Jason Hunter did... :p

I didn't say all:p:p

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1284/1356580214_4f8774057c.jpg
OMG, Pat Devlin's in Newark - run for your lives!!!!!! Missouri here I come!!!! :p

NEVER EVER LOST TO DELAWARExlolxxlolx

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
To really throw a wrench into the discussion, this is why care should be exercised in smack moderation. Here we have a discussion topic where lighthearted smack has made it more interesting.

Just a thoughtxthumbsupx

ElSissy
June 5th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I wonder if he's an a**hole like the rest of the Forcier family.

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 11:32 AM

I hope he is one competitive asshole:D

401ks
June 5th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Good point. Division III is actually a mid-sized school. There are five divisions in the San Diego section, which has similar demographics (about 3 million population) as, for example, the state of Oklahoma or Mississippi. So its still a big deal to win a section championship, and SD Div III regularly sends a bunch of kids to play college ball. Menelik Holt, from the same St Augustine high as Chris Forcier, went to Nebraska, as did kicker Jordan Congdon. Several players from St. Augustine's Section finals opponent, Point Loma, went on the play college ball, including Anthony West to Nebraska, Josh Holmes to Miami, and Jon Williams to Alcorn State (now at Weber State). Cal Poly linebacker Marty Mohammad played on the Brawley team that lost in the semi-finals to Point Loma.

Maybe not a 4.35 as advertised, but a probably a legitimate sub-4.5, which is pretty darn good for a quarterback. He's definitely mobile and poses a double threat. His judgment and decision-making, already excellent, have probably improved since high school, too. We'll have to wait and see if he's good enough to make a difference.

Many folks in San Diego have the same reaction. Mike Forcier, the force behind "QBForce," is a well known hyperactive stage dad in SoCal who shopped the brothers around to get them playing time. All three brothers played quarterback at different high schools. He and his wife have produced some fine athletes, but over-hyping their skills and shopping them around at the college level comes as no surprise.

All correct, and well stated. xthumbsupx

Forcier is an excellent "dual threat" QB, and certainly was instrumental in leading a fine St. Augustine team to well-deserved back-to-back CIF championships.

It's too bad that his father has burned bridges up and down California (and elsewhere! xrolleyesx ). Chris always struck me as a good kid. Try not to hold the sins of the father against the son. I think that Furman has landed an outstanding addition to their squad.

93henfan
June 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Lol. I don't know any Forcier's, but their website sure gives off the scent of a**hole, doesn't it?

phillyAPP
June 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
All correct, and well stated. xthumbsupx

Forcier is an excellent "dual threat" QB, and certainly was instrumental in leading a fine St. Augustine team to well-deserved back-to-back CIF championships.

It's too bad that his father has burned bridges up and down California (and elsewhere! xrolleyesx ). Chris always struck me as a good kid. Try not to hold the sins of the father against the son. I think that Furman has landed an outstanding addition to their squad.

Thanks for what seems to be creditable info. . For how many years have we seen a player take the hit for a dad that had a big mouth.

I wish the kid good luck and maybe the RIGHT coast will make his life easier.

Question: What are the odds that he was given a better than 80% odds of starting before they packed their bags to go to Furman?

Would you send your child across the country to a school if you didn't know he was going to start? xoopsx

nick9c
June 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Question: What are the odds that he was given a better than 80% odds of starting before they packed their bags to go to Furman?

Would you send your child across the country to a school if you didn't know he was going to start? xoopsx

Trust me, the kid WILL be the starting QB - no doubts about that. He's not traveling 3,000 miles to sit on the bench.

As of now, we've almost completed the Tri Vecta with Forcier and Maples of TN transferring. Don't be surprised to see Preston Bailey (6-5, 320) OL from TN also in a Paladin uniform.

elon77
June 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM
So you are a Davidson fan nowxmadxxwhistlex

Is Davidson in the Socon? I thought they were in some other conference!xconfusedx

Native
June 5th, 2009, 02:01 PM
..... Chris always struck me as a good kid. Try not to hold the sins of the father against the son. I think that Furman has landed an outstanding addition to their squad.

xnodx Yup! Guilt by association doesn't quite cut it. It's always a good policy to expect the best of someone until they prove otherwise.

I wish the best for Chris at Furman.

Native
June 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for what seems to be creditable info. . For how many years have we seen a player take the hit for a dad that had a big mouth.

I wish the kid good luck and maybe the RIGHT coast will make his life easier.

Given daddy's track record, I would say the odds are 100% that the Forciers got some sort of commitment, prior to the transfer, for Chris to start.

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Is Davidson in the Socon? I thought they were in some other conference!xconfusedx

Well you certainly could not have been talking about Woffordxconfusedx:)

youwouldno
June 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I very seriously doubt Forcier was guaranteed a starting job. My guess is that he was promised every chance to be part of a dual QB system this year with Sorrells, before being 'the guy' his last two years, if he plays well enough of course.

That's the best thing about Forcier and Maples- both have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Dinman31
June 5th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I very seriously doubt Forcier was guaranteed a starting job. My guess is that he was promised every chance to be part of a dual QB system this year with Sorrells, before being 'the guy' his last two years, if he plays well enough of course.

That's the best thing about Forcier and Maples- both have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

He may not have been guaranteed the starting spot, but it is real unlikely that we will use dual QBs. Forcier will be given every chance to win the job in August.

elon77
June 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Well you certainly could not have been talking about Woffordxconfusedx:)

Well dang, you are right I should have said the 3rd best school in the Socon!:D

OL FU
June 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Well dang, you are right I should have said the 3rd best school in the Socon!:D

xlolx In that case he would have gone to Wofford:pxlolx

Keep going we will get to Elon sooner or laterxsmiley_wix

digger3210
June 10th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Forcier's family put out a release about his transfer to Furman complete with "statements of facts"

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/06/forciers-press-release.html

laxVik
June 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Forcier's family put out a release about his transfer to Furman complete with "statements of facts"

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/06/forciers-press-release.htmlGlad to see he wants to be a part of "Fuhman's" academics.

hippy@GSU
June 10th, 2009, 09:44 PM

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/06/forciers-press-release.html

Wow, what is the deal with this guy?

Fact: I can't wait for this d***** bag to meet the fans at Paulson and the GSU defense.

Fact: Gives me more reason to dislike Fuhman.

seantaylor
June 10th, 2009, 09:44 PM
This kid is easily the biggest douche I've ever heard of. And a vastly overrated player.

ButlerGSU
June 10th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Glad to see he wants to be a part of "Fuhman's" academics.

Keep up those "acadamic's."

PaladinFan
June 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
5 cents and this scouting report buy you nothing, but it's an interesting evaluation posted on our forum. I'm not going to pass judgment due to his father's interest in their careers. He may amount to nothing in this league, but there's part of me that thinks a bomb has just been dropped on the Southern Conference.

2007 Scout.com HS Football Rankings (full list):
Pos: QB Pos Rank: #19 Pos Rating:

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Mental Toughness
Poise and Leadership
Running Ability / Mobility
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Accuracy / Consistency
Release

Is a winner and the kind of quarterback you want leading the huddle. One of the most athletic prospects in this class, regardless of position. Can move better than just about any QB in the nation, and thrives off leading comebacks. Has a hitch in his release and struggles with consistency in the spiral. But can still wing it.

Biography:
A first-team all-state selection as a junior, Forcier helped lead St. Augustine to the CIF-San Diego Section D-III title, and was named the Player of the Year after going 163-for-272 for 2,382 yards and throwing 31 touchdown passes. His older brother Jason is a freshman at Michigan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Merge: Today at 06:44:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from ESPN

Evaluation

Forcier reminds us a lot of 2006 prospect Garrett Green of Notre Dame-Sherman Oaks, Calif., only Forcier is an even better athlete. Not only is this kid an excellent passer, but he can create and improvise on his own and plays with a gunslinging style that exudes confidence. His release reminds us of Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers. He props the ball up by his ear and can really get rid of it quickly. He has excellent, deceptive arm strength. Shows the ability to make all the necessary throws and fit the ball into tight spots when he needs to. Has great zip on his deep out route and is an excellent seam and deep ball passer. Shows impressive deep accuracy. Can take some off of it when he needs to on fade and corner routes. He has terrific fundamentals and mechanics and is very consistent. Also has very good touch and timing. Shows the consistent ability to lay the ball in between the linebackers and safeties down the seam and knows how to throw to spots in zone. He is poised in the pocket and isn't afraid to wait until the last possible second to deliver the ball while taking a blow. He gets set quickly and does a fine job of seeing the entire field. His ability to make progression reads and look off receivers is impressive. He has terrific awareness in the pocket. What sets him apart is his ability outside of the pocket and when throwing on the move. He is a legitimate run/pass threat and would star in a spread attack. He can run the option, make defenders miss and even outrun a lot of defenders. He has great pocket movement and knows when to pull it down, but he will still keep his eyes downfield for passing chances. He is tough, he will lower his shoulder and his confidence is infectious. He does lack prototypical quarterback size and needs to add bulk and strength, which will come in time. He has bounced around from Mater Dei (Los Angeles) to Carlsbad (San Diego) and finally to St. Augustine (San Diego). He has really blossomed the last two seasons. He is the brother of Michigan backup QB Jason Forcier.

furman94
June 10th, 2009, 10:55 PM
What's with the ignorance, igglets? :)

ElSissy
June 11th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Who can walk the farthest on water, Forcier or Devlin?

GATA
June 11th, 2009, 12:20 AM
This kid sounds like he's going to be Fuhman's version of Antonio Henton...just stick with Sorrells guys. Do yourself a favor and put Forcier at Wide Receiver. I haven't seen a douche bag this big at QB since Chris Rix printed out business cards that read "CHRIS RIX: FLORIDA STATE STARTING QUARTERBACK"

JSUCroft
June 11th, 2009, 12:22 AM
That website put me off. He's obviously a talented athlete, but I wonder if Tommy Reamon, Sr. consulted with them on that.

I agree with you.

hippy@GSU
June 11th, 2009, 01:49 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Everyone knows that walking on water is too easy for these guys! Teleportation is their new trick.

T-Dog
June 11th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Looks like Fuhman really wants their next Ingle Martin.

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 07:11 AM

Since we are formerly a baptist school, obviously Forcier:D

GannonFan
June 11th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Since we are formerly a baptist school, obviously Forcier:D

Eh, Devlin's got the arm to get it over the water anyway. xpeacex

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Eh, Devlin's got the arm to get it over the water anyway. xpeacex

That wasn't the question:p

GannonFan
June 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
That wasn't the question:p

I see no reason why I should be tied to answering a specific question. The next thing you'll be telling me is I should be tied to fulfilling the back end of a home and home contract after the first half of the contract's been played. :p

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I see no reason why I should be tied to answering a specific question. The next thing you'll be telling me is I should be tied to fulfilling the back end of a home and home contract after the first half of the contract's been played. :p

Ignoring the questions, answering different questions, Well We must remember that art is art. Well, on the other hand water is water isn't it? And east is east and west is west. And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesause they taste much more like prunes than rubarb does.
Now uh...now you tell me what you know.xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
June 11th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Ignoring the questions, answering different questions, Well We must remember that art is art. Well, on the other hand water is water isn't it? And east is east and west is west. And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesause they taste much more like prunes than rubarb does.
Now uh...now you tell me what you know.xsmiley_wix

All I know is that you're older than I am and you're touting your ability to distinguish the taste of prunes. That's just funny stuff right there. :p

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
All I know is that you're older than I am and you're touting your ability to distinguish the taste of prunes. That's just funny stuff right there. :p

Hey we all have to have somethingxthumbsupx

ashram
June 11th, 2009, 08:32 AM
This kid is easily the biggest douche I've ever heard of. And a vastly overrated player.

I don't get all the haters calling this guy a douche bag. The press release is ridiculous, but it could have all been his father's doings from what the UCLA posters have said about the guy. I also have no idea how anyone can say he's overrated before he's even played his first game at Furman.

Native
June 11th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I don't get all the haters calling this guy a douche bag. The press release is ridiculous, but it could have all been his father's doings from what the UCLA posters have said about the guy. I also have no idea how anyone can say he's overrated before he's even played his first game at Furman.

Something tells me they will be eating their words come game time. xlolx

PaladinFan
June 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Something tells me they will be eating their words come game time. xlolx

Douche or not, the kid is a talented athlete.

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Have you ever read any of Sean Taylor's posts beforexconfusedx If you had you would understand, if this is the first time then you now know there is no longer any point in reading another one of his posts. xoopsx

GaSouthern
June 11th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I hope he turns out better than our big trans. from Ohio state last year, he would be riding the pine this season had he not quit on the team.

apppackdad
June 11th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Seems like a good pickup for the Paladins. Backfield speed, I believe, has been the area whe re Furman has fallen a bit behind some others in the SoCon.
If I were Ol' Bobby, I 'd make sure that August flight from San Diego doesn't get hijacked to Newark, Delaware !

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Seems like a good pickup for the Paladins. Backfield speed, I believe, has been the area whe re Furman has fallen a bit behind some others in the SoCon.
If I were Ol' Bobby, I 'd make sure that August flight from San Diego doesn't get hijacked to Newark, Delaware !

Word is, that he has already landed in Greenville and has enrolled in summer school. Can't verify it, but that is the word. xnodx

Pitz
June 11th, 2009, 09:56 AM
...before he's even played his first game at Furman.

*Fuhman

/this will never get old

PaladinFan
June 11th, 2009, 10:03 AM
It's official. Paladin press release.

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061109aaa.html

*the Fuhman stuff doesn't bother any of us. It's a typo, not some school sanctioned recruitment video with a jingle and repetitous phrases which was the epitome of ridiculous.

terrierbob
June 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Heard an interview with the kid on the Dan Patrick show this am re: the press release.

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM
It's official. Paladin press release.

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061109aaa.html

*the Fuhman stuff doesn't bother any of us. It's a typo, not some school sanctioned recruitment video with a jingle and repetitous phrases which was the epitome of ridiculous.

Fuhman, hell that's they way citdog pronounces itxnodx

When he doesn't pronounce Vuhmin
xlolx

ElSissy
June 11th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Word is, that he has already landed in Greenville and has enrolled in summer school. Can't verify it, but that is the word. xnodx

That's the good news. The bad news is that he got a little confused and enrolled at Bob Jones University.

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM
That's the good news. The bad news is that he got a little confused and enrolled at Bob Jones University.

A school, like the Citadel, that marches to a different drummerxthumbsupx

ashram
June 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Heard an interview with the kid on the Dan Patrick show this am re: the press release.

I missed that. Care to recap for us?

furman94
June 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah I missed it too.

PaladinFan
June 11th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Dan Patrick interview.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/67101/index.html

furman94
June 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I like this fact posted in the comments at the bottom :

Fact: Furman had more players drafted in the NFL this past April than UCLA

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Wow, what is the deal with this guy?

Fact: I can't wait for this d***** bag to meet the fans at Paulson and the GSU defense.

Fact: Gives me more reason to dislike Fuhman.

Maybe he should have solicited a hooker or two and the GSU fans would have liked him betterxrolleyesx:D

BullDog85
June 11th, 2009, 01:40 PM
A school, like the Citadel, that marches to a different drummerxthumbsupx

As CitDog would remind you OL Fuhman, it's THE CITADEL. Geez!xrulesx

Native
June 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM
As CitDog would remind you OL Fuhman, it's THE CITADEL. Geez!xrulesx

Do you know what battle R.E. Lee was watching as he uttered his famous quote you used as a signature, CitDog? xeyebrowx

GSUhooligan
June 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM
This guy seems like a real douche. A press release? Really?

He should fit in well at Fuhman.

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 02:30 PM

I will repeat, I guess you prefer that he have been kicked out off the team after soliciting prostitutesxconfusedx Oh sorry, he would be an Eagle now:)

GSUhooligan
June 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry we believe in giving people second chances, that one dumb mistake doesn't have to ruin your life and that if you learn from it, you can be a better man for it. I forgot Furman only accepts golden teet suckling prodigies and kids whose daddys can afford to cover up a similar scandal.

ashram
June 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM

If the press release stated he were transferring to GSU instead of "Fuhman" all you igglets would be lining up to throw your panties at him today. And, to be fair, probably all of us Paladins would be complaining about how stupid the press release was.

I just can't wait to see what he can do on the field. xnodx

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry we believe in giving people second chances, that one dumb mistake doesn't have to ruin your life and that if you learn from it, you can be a better man for it. I forgot Furman only accepts golden teet suckling prodigies and kids whose daddys can afford to cover up a similar scandal.

Hey I didn't say anything was wrong with you taking him. I simply thought it was funny that a guy who maybe a little be too self promoting is a douche and yet a guy who was kicked off his team for being arrested for soliciting a prostitute was ok.

I am clear nowxlolxxthumbsupxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

furman94
June 11th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Things will be intersting come september

Eaglesrus
June 11th, 2009, 03:33 PM
So when does this thread get moved to the smack board?

OL FU
June 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM
So when does this thread get moved to the smack board?

My guess is that the moderators simply aren't paying attention because the SoCon fans are typically so well behavedxnodx:o:)xrotatehxxrotatehxxlolx

Eaglesrus
June 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
My guess is that the moderators simply aren't paying attention because the SoCon fans are typically so well behavedxnodx:o:)xrotatehxxrotatehxxlolx

Ah, silly me, didn't even consider that aspectxthumbsupx

Mountaineer
June 11th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Furmies new prayer, courtesy of the Mountaineer Message Board. :D

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8853/lambj.jpg

Help us, St. Lamb, your devoted disciples as we descend onto the unwashed public school masses,
as we spread the Gospel of Forcier, upon which unproven stats and ego are surely the measure of his greatness,
in hopes that he will smite upon the field all unbelievers and lead Furman to its rightful place,
pray for and guide us through these tumultuous times of transfers and the breaking of contractual obligations,
in the name of slippery ice patches and boneheaded go-for-2 decisions, amen.

GATA
June 11th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I will repeat, I guess you prefer that he have been kicked out off the team after soliciting prostitutesxconfusedx Oh sorry, he would be an Eagle now:)

After seeing the kids' picture I'm pretty sure he has no desire to solicit prostitutes...or the female ones at least...guy is clearly a switch hitter.

*shows self out*

hippy@GSU
June 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
If the press release stated he were transferring to GSU instead of "Fuhman" all you igglets would be lining up to throw your panties at him today. And, to be fair, probably all of us Paladins would be complaining about how stupid the press release was.

I just can't wait to see what he can do on the field. xnodx

I don't know about that.

Fact: The Eagles, under Hatcher, have tried to use a dual threat quarterback for the last two seasons. There is no denying that Foster and Henton were helpful assets in those years, but using these guys did not allow a great deal of continuity when trying to establish the "Air Raid" offense.

With that said, Hatcher uses a system that requires a very accurate passer because of the enormous amount of pass plays. A pocket passer is more suitable for the "Air Raid" offense. There is really no sense in having a dual threat if we are trying to use a true "Air Raid" offense. Will a dual threat work? Yes, but the offense is designed in such a way that a dual threat is not needed.

Would GSU take him if he wanted to come? Sure, but most Eagles are thrilled with Chapple and our full cubboard of quarterbacks.

The smack is just a given.

apaladin
June 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Forcier is in Greenville as well as Tyler Maples. They were on tonights news tossing a football on the FU campus in Furman jerseys. Coach Lamb said he called all the QB's and told them what they were about to do and that it was such a good opportunity that they could not pass it up. He said when he told Jordan Sorrells he said whatever it takes to win, he was for it. Maples and Forcier will start summer school classes this week.

OL FU
June 12th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Forcier is in Greenville as well as Tyler Maples. They were on tonights news tossing a football on the FU campus in Furman jerseys. Coach Lamb said he called all the QB's and told them what they were about to do and that it was such a good opportunity that they could not pass it up. He said when he told Jordan Sorrells he said whatever it takes to win, he was for it. Maples and Forcier will start summer school classes this week.

Did he mention "what they were about to do"

ashram
June 12th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Here's a pretty good article on Forcier and Maples from The State:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/story/823722.html

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM
A great article on Forcier and Furman in the Greenville Daily Fishwrap: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20090612/COLUMNISTS05/906120308/1002/SPORTS/Forcier-storms-into-Furman-like-few-before-him The two transfers are roomates at FU. Hopefully their closeness and bonding will pay off on the gridiron in the form of TDs!

http://cmsimg.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BS&Date=20090612&Category=COLUMNISTS05&ArtNo=906120308&Ref=AR&Profile=1002&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0
Forcier on the left, Maples on the right.

Looks like a storm. Return of the Purple Hurricane, anyone? xcoolx

phillyAPP
June 12th, 2009, 09:36 AM
A great article on Forcier and Furman in the Greenville Daily Fishwrap: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20090612/COLUMNISTS05/906120308/1002/SPORTS/Forcier-storms-into-Furman-like-few-before-him The two transfers are roomates at FU. Hopefully their closeness and bonding will pay off on the gridiron in the form of TDs!

http://cmsimg.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BS&Date=20090612&Category=COLUMNISTS05&ArtNo=906120308&Ref=AR&Profile=1002&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0
Forcier on the left, Maples on the right.

Looks like a storm. Return of the Purple Hurricane, anyone? xcoolx

One transfer does not make a hurricane. It takes OL & DL and a few other players and some coaching to make the Hurricane Purple. I will say its always better to bring in quality talent on to the team.

Transfers haven't made much of a difference at APP or any other team i have seen except Delaware. Even then, if they had good QB's before the transfer they wouldn't need them.

Good luck.

LarryBoy
June 12th, 2009, 09:38 AM
One transfer does not make a hurricane. It takes OL & DL and a few other players and some coaching to make the Hurricane Purple. I will say its always better to bring in quality talent on to the team.

Transfers haven't made much of a difference at APP or any other team i have seen except Delaware. Even then, if they had good QB's before the transfer they wouldn't need them.

Good luck.

You didn't follow Furman much between 04 and 05, did you?

OL FU
June 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Good luck.

One never knows what a transfer will or won't do. With that said, QBs with this type of resume out of high school rarely go to an FCS school and usually only show up as a transfer. The guy has three years eligibility. Certainly time will tell. And while no one is crowning him as a star, you aren't going to curb the excitement until his abilities are proven one way or the other xthumbsupx

The two shortfalls in Fuhman's (:)) offense last year were an immobile QB and injuries in the receiving ranks. If these guys can live up to their expectations, those are two issue you can strike off the list.

Native
June 12th, 2009, 09:52 AM
One never knows what a transfer will or won't do. With that said, QBs with this type of resume out of high school rarely go to an FCS school and usually only show up as a transfer. The guy has three years eligibility. Certainly time will tell. And while no one is crowning him as a star, you aren't going to curb the excitement until his abilities are proven one way or the other xthumbsupx

The two shortfalls in Fuhman's (:)) offense last year were an immobile QB and injuries in the receiving ranks. If these guys can live up to their expectations, those are two issue you can strike of the list.

Congratulations and good luck to the Furman program and fans! xsmiley_wix

It will be interesting to see how Forcier and Maples contribute to the team next year. If they tip the scales in only a couple of games it will make a huge difference.

Most of the naysayers added little or no substance to this thread and should have started their own thread in the smack section. xrolleyesx

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Agreed. I have a feeling some crow will have been eaten come September.

PaladinFan
June 12th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Woah. Maples looks like a big strong kid.

terrierbob
June 12th, 2009, 10:12 AM

The two shortfalls in Fuhman's (:)) offense last year were an immobile QB and injuries in the receiving ranks. If these guys can live up to their expectations, those are two issue you can strike off the list.

How's the OL?

ashram
June 12th, 2009, 10:20 AM
How's the OL?

Mostly young and inexperienced -- even more reason to be happy about a mobile QB.

PaladinFan
June 12th, 2009, 10:56 AM
How's the OL?

Eh, that might be the biggest question mark on the entire team. Will be replacing tackles, but the interior three should be pretty good. If there is one position that I rarely lose sleep over when it comes to Furman, it's the o line. Generally a solid unit for us.

fuEMO
June 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Woah. Maples looks like a big strong kid.

Maples… was lauded by the new VOL coaching staff for his downfield blocking ability too.

Concerning PhillyApp comments. You are right on it starts in the trenches. My personal thoughts are the O-Line will be better in 09. Bell was a very good player but Ryan Lee has attitude and grit I think we will see some upside by late season games. Frazier the other tackle is a big kid that's now his turn. IMO more athletic than Slaughter.

The D-Line will be fast and nasty. Van Rensberg/Brown/Poole or Ray/McKinney should allow our rookie backers room to roam and make plays.

I think we can win with Sorrels or Forcier.

OL FU
June 12th, 2009, 11:24 AM
How's the OL?

I'm fine thanksxthumbsupx

Dinman31
June 12th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Maples… was lauded by the new VOL coaching staff for his downfield blocking ability too.

Concerning PhillyApp comments. You are right on it starts in the trenches. My personal thoughts are the O-Line will be better in 09. Bell was a very good player but Ryan Lee has attitude and grit I think we will see some upside by late season games. Frazier the other tackle is a big kid that's now his turn. IMO more athletic than Slaughter.

The D-Line will be fast and nasty. Van Rensberg/Brown/Poole or Ray/McKinney should allow our rookie backers room to roam and make plays.

I think we can win with Sorrels or Forcier.

Overall our offensive line will perform better this year despite the loss of Joel Bell. Spisak is a future star at center and we return two three-year starters at the guard sports. Lee and Frazier could potentially be All-SoCon surprises at tackle.
It is a lot better unit than even most Furman fans realize.

fuEMO
June 12th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Overall our offensive line will perform better this year despite the loss of Joel Bell. Spisak is a future star at center and we return two three-year starters at the guard sports. Lee and Frazier could potentially be All-SoCon surprises at tackle.
It is a lot better unit than even most Furman fans realize.

Looking for Spisak to be a Gene Reeder type center. Smallish, but strong, and nasty. He sure pushed a certain Clemson star around in the Shrine Bowl.

Terrier92
June 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
4.38 speed just means it hurts more when he runs into a Wofford lineman. I hope he does well and saves Bobby Lamb's job. It's been fun having Bobby over there, watching him go on 4th down trying to be like Mike. ASU is the only team that can talk any smack to the T-Dawgs, and we hope to remedy that Halloween massacre again this year at our place, just like we did right after they left the Big House.

Bring on Forcier and Maples and any other rejects you can pick up. Transfer U needs all the help it can get.

OL FU
June 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM
4.38 speed just means it hurts more when he runs into a Wofford lineman. I hope he does well and saves Bobby Lamb's job. It's been fun having Bobby over there, watching him go on 4th down trying to be like Mike. ASU is the only team that can talk any smack to the T-Dawgs, and we hope to remedy that Halloween massacre again this year at our place, just like we did right after they left the Big House.

Bring on Forcier and Maples and any other rejects you can pick up. Transfer U needs all the help it can get.

xconfusedx You have won two in a row. Congrats. Care to mention any time before thatxrolleyesx

**** you would think we haven't beat you like a drum during most of the series, even the recent series:)

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
xconfusedx You have won two in a row. Congrats. Care to mention any time before thatxrolleyesx

**** you would think we haven't beat you like a drum during most of the series, even the recent series:)

time's a changin'

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
A little cocky aren't we pups? Might by to be a little more modest if you want to make friends Terrier92. Calling out Furman on your first post is a little bold. And yes, times are changing youngterrier; Wofford's 15 seconds of fame and winning streak over FU is almost over. Better savor the feeling while you can. :)

terrierbob
June 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Enthusiasm of youth, Furmans.

PaladinFan
June 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Wofford won 2008, 2007 and like 94?

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Wofford won 2008, 2007 and like 94?

'03

ElSissy
June 12th, 2009, 07:42 PM
It seems Deadspin has picked up on the Forcier family's douchiness.

http://deadspin.com/5286399/ucla-qb-announces-transfer-via-bizarre-press-release

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 07:54 PM
If you care to truly personally attack the kid, please send him text or a ring on his cellphone. His number is 619-865-5588

Mountaineer
June 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
It seems Deadspin has picked up on the Forcier family's douchiness.

http://deadspin.com/5286399/ucla-qb-announces-transfer-via-bizarre-press-release

He made SI's weekly "The Bottom 10" list too. xlolx

CHRIS FORCIER
One forgotten item: secretary-treasurer of the Key Club in high school

The UCLA quarterback announced his transfer to Furman in a press release that listed his on- and off-field qualifications ("I was practice player of the week as a freshman multiple times"; "I've always worked hard in the classroom as a student athlete where I've been recognized as a UCLA Honor Roll student"), his desire to wear No. 7 "as I did in High School at Saint Augustine in San Diego, Calif.," and his eagerness to become "part of the "Greatness of Fuhman [sic] University academic's [sic]."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jack_mccallum/06/12/bottom-ten/?eref=sircrc

Mountaineer
June 12th, 2009, 08:00 PM
If you care to truly personally attack the kid, please send him text or a ring on his cellphone. His number is 619-865-5588

Oh, come on. xrolleyesx

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6248/babycrying20jpg.jpg

If another team in the SoCon took this guy and bailed on a contract for a payday, Furman posters would be all over it.

Relax. ;) No need to get your sweater vests and khakis all wrinkled with indignation.

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Haha I just find it amusing that people attack a kid that they have never even seen play football before. Now don't get me wrong, if App had secured this guy, I would be a little jealous and probably bash him too, but that's beside the point :). From his interviews in Greenville and from the opinions of the players, he seems to be a pretty down to earth guy with a dad that cares a little too much.

Mountaineer
June 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Now don't get me wrong, if App had secured this guy, I would be a little jealous and probably bash him too, but that's beside the point :).

No need. App already has the best QB in the conference and subdivision. xsmiley_wix Then there's Presley, Cadet, Jackson, McCray and Peacock waiting in the wings. We're stocked quite nicely. xthumbsupx

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 08:28 PM
As are we. Don't know how this situation will work this year with it being Jordans senior season. I know that Bobby didn't bring him all the way from the West Coast to sit on a bench. I do not want to see a 2 QB rotation; South Carolina did this last year and lacked in an offensive identity.

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 08:34 PM
FURMAN SUCKS

perfect 1500th post

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Take it to the smack boards YT. Just wait for my 3000th.

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Take it to the smack boards YT. Just wait for my 3000th.

I think my post was perfect for this thread xnodx xnodx xnodx

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Care to explain? Civil discussion about a credible transfer turns into a Furman hate fest. C'est la vie!

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Care to explain? Civil discussion about a credible transfer turns into a Furman hate fest. C'est la vie!

You expected differentxconfusedx

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Of course not! We're an easy targetxrolleyesx

Dinman31
June 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM

This whole week has been strange as far as the reaction to Furman's transfer. The kid has had some nice things to say about his former coaches and teammates, embraced his new teammates, been praised for his talent and wished luck by the UCLA fans, but called a douchebag on no fewer than three boards this week by opposing fans who know next to nothing about him.

Despite repeated web reports about his speed and abilities and the confirmation of these through Lamb's quotes about what the UCLA staff had to say about him, he continues to get ripped before even taking a snap. Even some Furman fans think he his going to be part of a QB rotation or may be a backup for a while.

I don't know that he will be Ingle Martin, but the kid certainly has as good a resume and appears to be an even better fit for what Furman is currently looking to do offensively. He also appears to be an alright kid from the interviews I've seen of him. I'm just shocked at the vicious reaction I guess.

SCPALADIN
June 12th, 2009, 09:21 PM

xrolleyesx
Seriously...that's all you got? You get denied back in HS?? What's with all the jealousy?

SCPALADIN
June 12th, 2009, 09:27 PM
time's a changin'

Prove it...

Two years doesn't give anyone bragging rights...especially our little step brother in Slumburg.

SCPALADIN
June 12th, 2009, 09:29 PM
'03

Congratulations...I'll treat you to a $5 crack whore on Church Street.

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Congratulations...I'll treat you to a $5 crack whore on Church Street.

You know that and your last 2 comments REALLY make me want to say something (which is WAY to easy) but it's not worth getting banned (BTW I wouldn't be surprised if that post gets deleted.)

SCPALADIN
June 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM
You know that and your last 2 comments REALLY make me want to say something (which is WAY to easy) but it's not worth getting banned (BTW I wouldn't be surprised if that post gets deleted.)

Thanks for sharing grasshopper.

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for sharing.

check your CPxpeacex

SCPALADIN
June 12th, 2009, 09:44 PM
check your CPxpeacex

Ouch...lol. xeekx
Although, to be honest, I'd expect a 'man' with a Wofford education to be more creative... ;)

Reign of Terrier
June 12th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Ouch...lol. xeekx
Although, to be honest, I'd expect a 'man' with a Wofford education to be more creative... ;)

who said I had a Wofford education?

furman94
June 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Haha watch it pup. What's so bad that you can't say? I highly doubt you'd be bannished from the kingdom for a few naughty words.

PaladinFan
June 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Outwardly, a lot of comments on Chris Forcier and making fun of his press release. Inwardly, I think all of you are just a little worried about what this kid could do to the SoCon.

ASU
June 12th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Outwardly, a lot of comments on Chris Forcier and making fun of his press release. Inwardly, I think all of you are just a little worried about what this kid could do to the SoCon.

Give me a break....one of our transfers was rated 4 places higher than your guy, and we didn't say crap about him. Also on his videos, he can run and throw the football.....that nine yard td Forcier made did not look that great. Forcier's runs looked pretty good, but the tackling was pathetic by their competition.

furman94
June 13th, 2009, 07:09 AM
I agree Paladin Fan. It's not even a point worth persuing
anymore.

fuEMO
June 13th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Give me a break....one of our transfers was rated 4 places higher than your guy, and we didn't say crap about him. Also on his videos, he can run and throw the football.....that nine yard td Forcier made did not look that great. Forcier's runs looked pretty good, but the tackling was pathetic by their competition.

I've always been happy for any SoCon team to get a good recruit or a transfer, and maybe Forcier's profile is a bit over the top.

No Furman fan has been happy with the last couple of years and I'm sure BL hasn't been happy. Say what you want BL is a competitor.

That said I think us Furman fans can post in public our happyness and hope that Forcier will mean better times. Sadly this thread has turned into a slamfest by a small group of our SoCon brothers.

Concerning Forcier's video, and pathetic tackling. A very mobile, fast QB can make any high school defensive player look pathetic. I've seen a lot of tape and I go to many HS games in person and the good ones make people miss and outrun them. The rare ones make other teams look silly. It's not Forcier's fault that he made some pretty good California HS competition look pathetic.

purplenation
June 13th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Chris Forcier- 6-3 / 200 RS Sophomore

HIGH SCHOOL - Played football his junior and senior seasons at St. Augustine HS in San Diego, CA for coach Jerry Ralph ... Attended Carlsbad HS in his sophomore year and Mater Dei HS as a freshman ... PrepStar All-American ... SuperPrep All-American ... No. 7 ranked dual-threat quarterback in nation by rivals.com ... Rated No. 17 player in California by rivals.com ...Ranked No. 13 quarterback nationally by ESPN.com ... Rated No. 14 quarterback nationally by SuperPrep ... Earned four stars from rivals.com and scout.com ... Rated No. 19 quarterback nationally by scout.com ... Rated No. 28 player in California by SuperPrep ... No. 2 ranked dual-threat quarterback in California by rivals.com ... Rated No. 3 quarterback and No. 27 player in California by scout.com ... Threw for over 5,000 yards and 60 touchdowns, while rushing for over 1,000 yards and 18 touchdowns in his prep career ... Member of Tacoma News Tribune Western 100 ... Long Beach Press-Telegram Best in the West honorable mention ... Led team to CIF titles as a junior and senior ... Member of San Diego Union-Tribune All-Star first team ... San Diego's Eastern League Offensive Player of the Year ... As a senior, he threw for 2,347 yards and 23 touchdowns, completing 158 of 291 passes ... Ran for 631 yards and scored 10 rushing touchdowns in 2006 ... Also caught a scoring pass ... Named first-team All-State all-purpose (Medium Schools) by Cal-Hi Sports ... As a junior, he was Named MVP of the 2005 CIF Championship game ... Threw for 2,634 yards and 32 touchdowns that season ... Rushed for 415 yards and four scores ... Named first-team all-state, all-CIF, all-league and all-city ... As a sophomore, he threw for 221 yards and five scores ... Ran for 108 yards and four touchdowns ... Passed for 39 yards as a freshman ... Also was a member of the track team (100m, 200m, 4 x 100 relay).

purplenation
June 13th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Furman's hopes: UCLA to Tennessee, touchdown
By PETE IACOBELLI - AP Sports Writer

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Chris Forcier and Tyler Maples spent last year's UCLA-Tennessee game on opposing sidelines. The two could watch this season's rematch in Knoxville as Furman teammates.

Forcier, a Bruin quarterback the past two year, completed his transfer to Football Championship Subdivision power Furman, less than a week after ex-Vols receiver Maples did the same.

Forcier landed from San Diego on Wednesday and met Maples, his new roommate later that night. The two immediately bonded over last season's game when the Bruins rallied in the fourth quarter for a 27-24 victory.

This year's contest is Sept. 12 at Tennessee. The Paladins play at Chattanooga that day and if the timing's right ...

"Yeah, we'll have to see," Forcier said with a grin. "We can probably both get tickets from friends."

Furman coach Bobby Lamb hopes his two newest players keep building connections.

"They're game changers," he said. "Anytime you can get some people like that at Furman you have to go after them."

Although landing Forcier, a California native, was certainly a pleasant surprise.

The 6-foot-3 quarterback spent last season as a backup for first-year coach Rick Neuheisel, mostly seeing action when the game was out of reach. Then this year, Neuheisel asked him to move to receiver for UCLA's spring workouts.

Forcier complied but knew he didn't want to give up his dream of starting in college.

"It's just like a business, the new coach comes in and goes with who they want running their business, running their show," Forcier said. "I saw more opportunity of playing quarterback slowly fading away."

Forcier had talked with Purdue, Michigan, Nebraska and Virginia since deciding to leave. He even got a call from North Carolina on his flight East on Wednesday. However, Forcier wanted to play immediately and not sit out the year as required by Football Bowl Subdivison transfer rules.

While Furman has the 1988 national title and is annually one of FCS' strongest programs, the Paladins presence typically doesn't reach the West Coast. At least until now.

Forcier said he and his family were impressed by Furman's history, that former QB Lamb would be the position coach, too, and the strong showing former Florida passer Ingle Martin - now with the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs - had with the Paladins after his transfer.

"That showed us they could develop people," Forcier said.

A release about his leaving UCLA on the family's Website, QBForce.com (Chris has two football-playing brothers) read like a legal document, laid out point-by-point.

"Fact: In 2007, I was one (1) of the top seven (7) Quarterbacks in the country. However, none of that matters unless there is true opportunity to compete afforded," the release said.

Forcier insists there are no hard feelings with the Bruins' staff.

"It wasn't about UCLA, it was about me and my decision," Forcier said. "Everything happens for a reason."

That's what Maples tells himself, too. He helped Maryville High to three straight Tennessee state championships and fulfilled a lifelong goal when the Vols offered him a scholarship.

Still, he found himself down on Tennessee's depth chart and not getting the chances he wanted. Maples, too, dealt with coaching changes - three offensive coordinators in two seasons along with the head coaching change from Phil Fulmer to Lane Kiffin.

"I wanted to be able to play," Maples said. "I wanted to get somewhere solid with a good program."

Furman wasn't such a stretch for Maples, who attended football camp here several times as a high schooler and was coached at Maryville by George Quarles, a receiver on the Paladins' national championship squad.

Forcier and Maples tossed a football around Thursday afternoon as local TV cameras watched. Campers looked on, wondering what the fuss was about.

For Lamb, it could mean a return to the NCAA playoffs, someplace the Paladins haven't been since 2006. Martin took them there in 2004 and 2005, passing for more than 5,600 yards his two seasons. Lamb hopes Forcier and Maples can make the same difference.

Right now, both transfers will start classes Friday and join teammates for voluntary workouts. The two understand they'll have to work their way into the lineup, no matter where they played before.

"Coach Lamb told us that if we come here we can win national championships," Maples said. "We want to do anything we can to help."

PaladinFan
June 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I've always been happy for any SoCon team to get a good recruit or a transfer, and maybe Forcier's profile is a bit over the top.

No Furman fan has been happy with the last couple of years and I'm sure BL hasn't been happy. Say what you want BL is a competitor.

That said I think us Furman fans can post in public our happyness and hope that Forcier will mean better times. Sadly this thread has turned into a slamfest by a small group of our SoCon brothers.

Concerning Forcier's video, and pathetic tackling. A very mobile, fast QB can make any high school defensive player look pathetic. I've seen a lot of tape and I go to many HS games in person and the good ones make people miss and outrun them. The rare ones make other teams look silly. It's not Forcier's fault that he made some pretty good California HS competition look pathetic.

App got the #3 dual threat quarterback recruit in the country? I missed that.

People put out stuff about their transfers. I think all Furman fans on here have said something to the effect of "The kid looks decent, hope he helps us win." Every other school representative has slammed him for being a "douche" or some sort of hyped prima donna.

The guy is a Paladin now. Expect the Furman fans to take up for him when opposing schools start slamming him after never having seen him play.

elon77
June 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Congratulations on your new QB and WR, I hope it works out. You can never have too many quality QB's and WR at the FCS level. My question is have you improved your defense over last year? I was supprised when I watched Elon run for as many yards as they did against them.

purplenation
June 13th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Defense will be better: 4 good starting seniors on defensive line plus a major upgrade in speed at the other positions to make the 4-2-5 run nicely

blueballs
June 13th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Without ever having seen the kid play and only knowing what I know from published reports and message board chatter, there is one thing about this that IMO should raise concern for the Furman folks.

Furman University is about as far away -clear cross country- as you can get from UCLA and SoCal. It is also about as different a place- small baptist private school vs. large urban state university- as you can get too.

Noting those differences and the very strange way this has gone down, I wonder if this kid isn't running away from something a whole lot more than he is running to something. I also detect a lot of me, me , me with this kid. If I was a Furman supporter (and in serious need of therapy xsmiley_wix ) I would be concerned far more about his makeup as a young man and the character he brings rather than his talent.

LarryBoy
June 13th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Without ever having seen the kid play and only knowing what I know from published reports and message board chatter, there is one thing about this that IMO should raise concern for the Furman folks.

Furman University is about as far away -clear cross country- as you can get from UCLA and SoCal. It is also about as different a place- small baptist private school vs. large urban state university- as you can get too.

Noting those differences and the very strange way this has gone down, I wonder if this kid isn't running away from something a whole lot more than he is running to something. I also detect a lot of me, me , me with this kid. If I was a Furman supporter (and in serious need of therapy xsmiley_wix ) I would be concerned far more about his makeup as a young man and the character he brings rather than his talent.

If the kid does have some character/personal issues, Furman Football should be great for him. This coaching staff in particular has fostered some men of great character, and turned things around for some guys, too. If Forcier needs help, I hope he does, and I have faith that his new environment could go a long way.

And besides, who wouldn't want to run from Southern California?

(Except for those of you who like it. I wasn't talking to you, of course.)

purplenation
June 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Dude, unless you have seen a police report on this kid then your just blowing your own smoke up your rear. As far as attitude goes this young man is no different than any other 21 year old I have ever known.

terrierbob
June 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
If I was purple, I'd be jacked. I'm not, so I hope we control the ball and keep it out of Forcier's seemingly capable hands. That's about it.

SCPALADIN
June 13th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Furman is NOT a Southern Baptist school. In fact, Furman has no affiliation with any religious organization.
I had people on my freshman hall from Ohio, California, Colorado and Michigan. It was a long time ago, there may have been more from far off places. None of them (or myself from CLE) were running away from anything. And none of us were Southern Baptists. You're reading WAY to into this kids decision.

blueballs
June 13th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Nice job purps of not reading my post closely and rather getting very defensive about a kid who you know absolutely nothing more than I about.

I hope for the kid's sake it works out for him, but you Furman folks need to take off your purple glasses and recognize there MIGHT be some issues here because the concerns I brought up are absolutely possible.

purplenation
June 13th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Nice job purps of not reading my post closely and rather getting very defensive about a kid who you know absolutely nothing more than I about.

I hope for the kid's sake it works out for him, but you Furman folks need to take off your purple glasses and recognize there MIGHT be some issues here because the concerns I brought up are absolutely possible.

Still puffing are we, look nobody said this kid was a saint but your just speaking in general, of which everything you said could be said about any kid on the planet, so lets not point fingers unless we have some facts.

furman94
June 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
It's a possibility that every recruit transfer is 'running' from something. It is a possibility. Possible doesn't mean 100%. I doubt that someone with a reputation for trouble would be picked up by Furman. We don't have a reputation for harboring criminals and abusive boyfriends.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM
From what I've read, it seems that Forcier values the academics of the school he plays for. He probably wanted a prestigius FCS program (in a playoff conference) with good academics where he would have a good chance of starting, and I honestly can't think of a better choice than Furman, much as I hate to admit it xoopsx. Even though his press release was very awkward, I don't think he was trying to come across as a "douchebag". I think he just wanted to squash rumors before they had a chance to sprout.

On the other hand, I'm honestly not that jealous. I don't think Forcier would beat out GSU's Chapple considering the offense that we are running and that Forcier apparantly has some accuracy problems. I'm not neccesarily thinking that the SoCon just got a notch tougher, either. There's always the chance that Forcier won't work out. Some GSU fans were ready to engrave Antonio Henton's name on the WP trophy last summer, and look how that turned out. If Forcier doesn't work out, things could get interesting at Furman between Forcier traveling across the country to play at FU and Sorrell's dad being on the coaching staff. If you are Bobby Lamb, what do you do in a situation where summer practice comes and goes and Sorrells is clearly the better choice for QB? I honestly don't think Lamb would be recruiting this kid if his chair wasn't as warm as it is now.

Just my 2˘

purplenation
June 13th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Guess we will just have to wait till September to continue this convo then right

purplenation
June 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Iam just glad we start the year with PC and Chatty, to hopefully get these questions answered before Missouri, Auburn, ASU, GSU, ect.

blueballs
June 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Still puffing are we, look nobody said this kid was a saint but your just speaking in general, of which everything you said could be said about any kid on the planet, so lets not point fingers unless we have some facts.

Not "puffing" at all, whatever that is.

Not every FBS-FCS transfer goes all the way across the country, from a major metro state sponsored university to a small private institution in a smaller city in a largely rural state, releases a "press release" about it complete with grammatical errors and misspellings, then goes on the Dan Patrick show. His case IS unique, and that can't be disputed. Because of the uniqueness of the situation questions have to be raised, there is simply no sidestepping it. Perhaps if I had heard the Dan Patrick interview I would not raise these issues, but I didn't so I am.

The questions I raise are absolutely legitimate and will be answered, hopefully for the kid's sake- because the kid getting his education and growing up correctly is really what all this is about- positively in due time.

This might get really interesting with Sorrells being the incumbent coming out of spring and his Dad being the OC, especially if Furman starts the 2009 season like they finished the 2008 season.

OL FU
June 13th, 2009, 12:47 PM
time's a changin'

I'm a Dylan fan tooxnodx

OL FU
June 13th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Not every FBS-FCS transfer goes all the way across the country, from a major metro state sponsored university to a small private institution in a smaller city in a largely rural state, releases a "press release" about it complete with grammatical errors and misspellings, then goes on the Dan Patrick show. His case IS unique, and that can't be disputed. Because of the uniqueness of the situation questions have to be raised, there is simply no sidestepping it. Perhaps if I had heard the Dan Patrick interview I would not raise these issues, but I didn't so I am.

The questions I raise are absolutely legitimate and will be answered, hopefully for the kid's sake- because the kid getting his education and growing up correctly is really what all this is about- positively in due time.

This might get really interesting with Sorrells being the incumbent coming out of spring and his Dad being the OC, especially if Furman starts the 2009 season like they finished the 2008 season.

Hey blue, I see where you are coming from and dont' think you meant any harm. It could be the case that something is up but considering how many transfers come to FCS teams with actual known issues of character, grades, discipline etc, I think we would simply prefer not to create one until there is a reason. With out a known reason we can all ponder, but no reason to do more than that. That is my guess as to the replies to your post.xthumbsupx

OL FU
June 13th, 2009, 01:03 PM
As I said before, the kid may amount to little he may be the greatest QB in Furman's history, but you aren't going to stop FU's excitement until the proof is there. Also, there is more than one year to prove it. My biggest concern is that he hasn't played on the college level. The first year could be tough.

Lots of excitement, lots of vitriol. Ain't football greatxthumbsupx

SU DOG
June 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
This will be interesting for sure. We Samford fans were all excited 2 seasons ago when Arkansas transfer Alex Mortensen arrived. Well, he never really panned out. This past season, we were all excited again when Matt Malouf came in from Memphis. Malouf was never able to beat out true Fr. Dustin Taliaferro. Granted, neither of these players had quite the bio of Forcier, but they were both very highly rated coming out of high school. Both players made their exits away from Samford rather quickly. I'm am NOT saying this will be the case at Furman. Forcier may be just what the Paladins need - another IM, but I would caution against being too giddy at this time(take it from one who has been there and done that). BTW, we are excited again, but this time there is no transfer involved. Taliaferro is now a rippled 6-4, 228, and we believe is a QB that will be one of the very best in the SoCon.

OL FU
June 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM
This will be interesting for sure. We Samford fans were all excited 2 seasons ago when Arkansas transfer Alex Mortensen arrived. Well, he never really panned out. This past season, we were all excited again when Matt Malouf came in from Memphis. Malouf was never able to beat out true Fr. Dustin Taliaferro. Granted, neither of these players had quite the bio of Forcier, but they were both very highly rated coming out of high school. Both players made their exits away from Samford rather quickly. I'm am NOT saying this will be the case at Furman. Forcier may be just what the Paladins need - another IM, but I would caution against being too giddy at this time(take it from one who has been there and done that). BTW, we are excited again, but this time there is no transfer involved. Taliaferro is now a rippled 6-4, 228, and we believe is a QB that will be one of the very best in the SoCon.

And you have to remember, FU's one QB transfer was Ingle Martin so our view of QB transfers is a little slanted toward the positive.

One other thought, I doubt seriously you would see FU take a QB transfer unless he was very highly rated. ( I could be proved wrong in the future but I doubt it and if it does occur I would image that FU football would have fallen far below where it is today). Also, it should be very clear ( I think) that QBs will generally be the highest rated players to transfer simply to get playing time (without some sort of problem at school). Lineman, D- players, running backs, receivers who aren't first stringers generally see action. Second string QBs sit on the bench or help send signals in. Delaware has certainly benefited from this. Furman benefited from it with Martin. While I don't think it will be an every day occurence, it is not going to be unusual in the future to see more "star" Qbs transfer from FBS schools.

PaladinFan
June 13th, 2009, 03:34 PM

Watched Mortensen play in high school. Kid could have been a very good FCS quarterback. Always got the feeling his eyes were bigger than his stomach.

Again, I don't think any Furman fan on here thinks this kid is a savior. Comparing him to Martin at this juncture is premature. Furman was a smoldering 21-6 with Ingle Martin and had arguably the best team in the country in 2004 and 2005. Those are big shoes to fill.

I do think Forcier will add a few points to the board each game. If he helps us score once or twice more a game, that could mean the playoffs.

Dinman31
June 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM

The kid went to the school he always wanted to play for, his coach was fired and replaced by a whole new staff, the were looking for a pocket passer type in their pro style offense so he decided to move somewhere that he would have a shot to play QB immediately. He researched FCS schools with good football and a good academic reputation and Furman was at the top of the list. When he found out about what Ingle Martin had done hear it hightened the appeal so he came to Greenville.

What is suspicious about this? I don't understand how this raises questions? Yes, the press release was weird, but from everything I'm told he has VERY little to do with that site (overinvolved father alert!) or the release. Having heard the interviews on Dan Patrick and in the paper, I am very excited about this kid. he is still young and has a lot to learn, but he has talent unlike any player we could have recruited here. Also, his skill set fits our offensive plan perfectly.

PaladinFan
June 13th, 2009, 05:12 PM
The kid went to the school he always wanted to play for, his coach was fired and replaced by a whole new staff, the were looking for a pocket passer type in their pro style offense so he decided to move somewhere that he would have a shot to play QB immediately. He researched FCS schools with good football and a good academic reputation and Furman was at the top of the list. When he found out about what Ingle Martin had done hear it hightened the appeal so he came to Greenville.

What is suspicious about this? I don't understand how this raises questions? Yes, the press release was weird, but from everything I'm told he has VERY little to do with that site (overinvolved father alert!) or the release. Having heard the interviews on Dan Patrick and in the paper, I am very excited about this kid. he is still young and has a lot to learn, but he has talent unlike any player we could have recruited here. Also, his skill set fits our offensive plan perfectly.

In terms of FCS programs, Furman is a traditional power, great academics, graduates 98% of its players, has put four players on NFL rosters in the past four years. If this kid thought he could play at the next level, he has just as good of a chance playing at Furman as he does virtually anywhere else in the country.

He'll also get two chances to show what he can do against FBS powerhouses Auburn and Missouri. I wonder, though, if the addition of Maples as a selling point for Forcier (and vice versa).

seantaylor
June 14th, 2009, 12:28 AM
GSU had a monster transfer last year in Antonio Henton, who was the Georgia High School player of the year, and even more hyped than Forcier. Henton was not very good, and should not have been starting. Chapple is a much better QB than Henton, and should have been starting from jump. Forcier will probably start even if he's not the best QB, which will hurt team morale.

SOCAL
June 14th, 2009, 01:32 AM
The Forcier brothers who reside in the same home for 15 years

What is the over and under number

Jason--Mater Dei, Saint Augustine, ASU (withdrew a verbal commitment), Michigan, Stanford. 2 HS's and 3 colleges

Chris--Mater Dei, Carlsbad, Saint Augustine, UCLA, Furman.
3 HS's and 2 colleges

Tate--Saint Augustine, Scripps Ranch, Michigan.
2 HS 's ==just started college

purplenation
June 14th, 2009, 09:22 AM
The recipe is simple, FU wants to run a spread offense, Jordan S. is a pocket passer and lacks the ability to run. Lamb is bringing in Forcier because the kid is fast and will spread the field and open up other options on offense. Even if Sorrels won the starting job Forcier will be used to run a spread on multiple series, we were all ready trying to do it a little last year with one of our receivers, so now we have a true positioned QB to run it with, who just so happens to be even faster. The addition of Forcier to the team will only help. Throw in Maples and you are just adding fire power to what I think will be a very dangerous offense to defend, now that we are getting RJ Webb back after a nearly 2 year absence along with Mike Brown, Tersoo Uhaa, Chris Truss and Adam Mims, who I think are all going to have big seasons.

"Forcier had talked with Purdue, Michigan, Nebraska and Virginia since deciding to leave. He even got a call from North Carolina on his flight East on Wednesday. However, Forcier wanted to play immediately and not sit out the year as required by Football Bowl Subdivison transfer rules."
I doubt these schools would have still been after him if he did not have game changing talent.

Native
June 14th, 2009, 11:48 AM
.... Forcier will probably start even if he's not the best QB, which will hurt team morale.

...until they start winning. xsmiley_wix

PaladinFan
June 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
GSU had a monster transfer last year in Antonio Henton, who was the Georgia High School player of the year, and even more hyped than Forcier. Henton was not very good, and should not have been starting. Chapple is a much better QB than Henton, and should have been starting from jump. Forcier will probably start even if he's not the best QB, which will hurt team morale.

Henton was a head case. The kid was talented, but he left OSU after sexual assault charges and moved back home. Afterwards, he promptly quit the Eagles during a practice.

I don't think Forcier is that hyped, but Eagle fans continue to compare him to Henton. Yes, both transfers from big name schools, but that's about where the comparisons end. Forcier is from California and moving further away from home, he's not running from a criminal past, and by all accounts his leadership and character are superb.

nick9c
June 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM

Before you start spouting off, please do your homework.

Henton - 3 star QB, 9th among dual threat QB's in his class, 40 time of 4.6

Forcier - 4 star QB, 7th among dual threat QB's in his class, 40 time of 4.53

So to say he was more hyped than Forcier is clearly untrue.

Second, the fact that Henton didn't pan out for you has no bearing whatsoever on whether Forcier will be successful with the Paladins. Kindergarten logic doesn't work here. xcoffeex

fuEMO
June 14th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Before you start spouting off, please do your homework.

Henton - 3 star QB, 9th among dual threat QB's in his class, 40 time of 4.6

Forcier - 4 star QB, 7th among dual threat QB's in his class, 40 time of 4.53

So to say he was more hyped than Forcier is clearly untrue.

Second, the fact that Henton didn't pan out for you has no bearing whatsoever on whether Forcier will be successful with the Paladins. Kindergarten logic doesn't work here. xcoffeex

Don't you know every GSU and APP recruit is rated higher than Furman's? :D

93henfan
June 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM

I completely agree with that. If you want to look at the largest sampling of transfer QBs in the last decade, check Delaware. We've had four FBS transfers, spanning the whole range of success. Bottom line is, you have no idea what you're getting out of a QB until he takes snaps in a regular season game:

Andy Hall (GaTech), 2003 I-AA champion, NFL 6th rd pick
Sonny Riccio (Mizzou), 2004 I-AA quarterfinals
Joe Flacco (Pitt), 2007 FCS runner-up, NFL 1st rd pick
Robbie Schoenhoft (OhioSt), complete bust

PaladinFan
June 14th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I completely agree with that. If you want to look at the largest sampling of transfer QBs in the last decade, check Delaware. We've had four FBS transfers, spanning the whole range of success. Bottom line is, you have no idea what you're getting out of a QB until he takes snaps in a regular season game:

Andy Hall (GaTech), 2003 I-AA champion, NFL 6th rd pick
Sonny Riccio (Mizzou), 2004 I-AA quarterfinals
Joe Flacco (Pitt), 2007 FCS runner-up, NFL 1st rd pick
Robbie Schoenhoft (OhioSt), complete bust

Ingle Martin worked out well for us.

apppackdad
June 15th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I can see why Furman fans would be excited, especially with a highly regarded, unexpected potential upgrade at QB. There obviously are going to be many adjustments for this young man. New school, different schemes, and very different cultural atmosphere.

I'm wondering if FU fans are not a little anxious from the comments in the newspaper articles. Confidence is one thing,but would you not prefer a lower key approach than the National Championship prediction?
I mean there are a few of those banners already flying in some SoCon stadiums!
A couple of pretty good quarterbacks as well. I don't believe any of them had 4 stars when they came in, but what the heck, the rest of us will just have to make do with what we have.xsmiley_wix

bosshogg
June 15th, 2009, 09:50 AM
congrats to furman.....

PaladinFan
June 15th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I can see why Furman fans would be excited, especially with a highly regarded, unexpected potential upgrade at QB. There obviously are going to be many adjustments for this young man. New school, different schemes, and very different cultural atmosphere.

I'm wondering if FU fans are not a little anxious from the comments in the newspaper articles. Confidence is one thing,but would you not prefer a lower key approach than the National Championship prediction?
I mean there are a few of those banners already flying in some SoCon stadiums!
A couple of pretty good quarterbacks as well. I don't believe any of them had 4 stars when they came in, but what the heck, the rest of us will just have to make do with what we have.xsmiley_wix

To be quite honest, Furman fans think they should be in the playoff hunt every year, regardless of who is playing quarterback. Perhaps that is "purple colored glasses." There's enough talent there to compete in the playoffs certainly.

That talent level has been what has made the past two seasons maddening. Furman played App stride for stride in Boone last year and the difference in the game was a few ill timed turnovers. Forcier, in the eyes of many FU fans, is the one cog we've been missing, an athletic quarterback. Inconsistent quarterback play was the biggest criticsm of 2008's team.

Is Forcier the golden ticket? Probably not. The kid may be the next Armanti. Who knows? Furman fans are just excited because it means that we are going to get back to running the football, running the option, and dictating the game. We have a stable of running backs and now adding a fleet of foot QB might just get us back in familiar waters battling for the top spot in the conference.

GATA
June 15th, 2009, 12:02 PM

What a bunch of nonsense. Henton was a good athlete and he made a lot of big plays that helped us win our measly 6 games last year. Chapple is not "much better" than Antonio Henton. They have different styles yes...but neither one played great last year.

Lee Chapple hasn't proven a thing and at this point his statistics look just like Antonio Henton's. If the referees don't blow the fumble call that Furman ran back for a touchdown we would have lost against Furman too and Chapple's cute first half would have been moot.

I'm not sold on Lee Chapple yet. I see the potential, but I'm not gonna throw Antonio Henton under the bus like he was garbage and proclaim Lee Chapple was great...give me a break. There was a reason lee chapple lost his starting job in the first place...

OL FU
June 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
We haven't got this much attention since we gave Delaware the OL FUxlolxxthumbsupx

93henfan
June 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
We haven't got this much attention since we gave Delaware the OL FUxlolxxthumbsupx

FU 2 :p

How ironic would it be if the transfer QB schools got to meet this year even though you guys backed out of the scheduled matchup?

OL FU
June 15th, 2009, 12:39 PM
FU 2 :p

How ironic would it be if the transfer QB schools got to meet this year even though you guys backed out of the scheduled matchup?

With all the optimism surrounding this transfer, I'm going to place my money on us being there next year. Two FBS games leave a very small margin of error. xnodx

But I am usually conservative in my assessmentsxnodx

But if we do play I guess it would be in Greenville since you guys are now a gambling state:D

ElSissy
October 19th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Just thought I'd bump this thread since Forcier was supposed to be the Second Coming. What ever happened to Forcier? Did he transfer to the Upstate's premier academic institution (Bob Jones, not Wofford)?

BulldogWillie
October 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
xsmiley_wix

http://www.qbforce.com/NEW2009/CHRIS/Press-sports-release/press_sports_release_1.htm

Wise choice!xthumbsupx