PDA

View Full Version : Cohen to Hofstra??

ngineer
December 3rd, 2005, 09:23 AM
Reports have UD Def. Coord. Dave Cohen as a finalist for the vacant Hofstra HC position. He supposedly turned down Fordham's overture this week. What do our 'featered friends' think of this?? BRAAAAWWWK!

Uncle Buck
December 3rd, 2005, 09:31 AM
footballscoop.com said Lembo had also been named. Not sure if this is accurate of not, but I think it would be a solid pickup.

As for Cohen, as long as he wasn't the UD O Coord, they (UD Fans) seem to like him as much as I liked ours.

ngineer
December 3rd, 2005, 09:44 AM
footballscoop.com said Lembo had also been named. Not sure if this is accurate of not, but I think it would be a solid pickup.

As for Cohen, as long as he wasn't the UD O Coord, they (UD Fans) seem to like him as much as I liked ours.

After seeing your post I went there and found nothing saying anything about Lembo. IN fact, there was nothing posted about Hofstra. ??? Where are you getting this stuff?? :confused:

ChickenMan
December 3rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
Reports have UD Def. Coord. Dave Cohen as a finalist for the vacant Hofstra HC position. He supposedly turned down Fordham's overture this week. What do our 'featered friends' think of this?? BRAAAAWWWK!

Cohen is a good coach and recruiter... if he goes he will be missed. The Fordham offer was reported in today's local paper... scroll down to Cohen

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051203/SPORTS07/512030346/1002/SPORTS

charliej
December 3rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
Cohen is a good coach and recruiter...

I agree. The few times I met him I thought he was a good guy. Any idea why he withdrew from the N'eastern job?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 3rd, 2005, 11:01 AM
After seeing your post I went there and found nothing saying anything about Lembo. IN fact, there was nothing posted about Hofstra. ??? Where are you getting this stuff?? :confused:

In all fairness, I did see something naming Lembo in the running for the Hofstra job on a website somewhere... but since I couldn't get any other confirmation, I didn't put any stock in it.

JoltinJoe
December 3rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
Cohen is a good coach and recruiter... if he goes he will be missed. The Fordham offer was reported in today's local paper... scroll down to Cohen

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051203/SPORTS07/512030346/1002/SPORTS

There was no offer from Fordham. Cohen removed himself from further consideration.

hawkineer
December 3rd, 2005, 04:36 PM

All I want for Christmas... :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hyped: :hyped:

ngineer
December 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
As Santa used to say, 'be careful what you wish for.." :xmas:

hawkineer
December 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
As Santa used to say, 'be careful what you wish for.." :xmas:
If Pete goes to Hofstra, the Lafayette athletic director will be trying to add Hofstra to their schedule every year.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/weihnachten/xmas-smiley-037.gif

Lafalumni29
December 3rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
I agree. The few times I met him I thought he was a good guy. Any idea why he withdrew from the N'eastern job?
I've heard that N'eastern does not pay very well making it difficult for head coaches to bring in the quality staff needed to build a sucessful program.

Uncle Buck
December 3rd, 2005, 07:40 PM

on footballscoop.com under the 11/26 info it just listed as Hofstra named Pete Lembo, I can only assume that he was named to the list.

http://www.footballscoop.com/archives/2005-11.htm

ngineer
December 4th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Interesting, because I read today that UD DC Dave Cohen is the leading candidate....

Husky Alum
December 6th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Cohen didn't withdraw from the NU job, he just didn't get it.

The AD hired his boy Rocky Hager.

I heard that the players loved Cohen and the AD had his eye on Hager since he was an HC before and was familiar with him from their days at Temple.

Tubby Raymond
December 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cohen didn't withdraw from the NU job, he just didn't get it.

The AD hired his boy Rocky Hager.

I heard that the players loved Cohen and the AD had his eye on Hager since he was an HC before and was familiar with him from their days at Temple.

Should have gotten Cohen, sure glad you didn't

Husky Alum
December 6th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, there are a bunch of people in Boston who are thinking Cohen wouldn't have led us to a 2-9 season this year or a 5-6 season last year.

That being said, we've just lost WAY too many games by 7 points or fewer the past two seasons (we lost 4 last year and 4 this year) and it's bordering on insanity.

Umass74
December 6th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Husky Alum:

What's Northeastern's schedule like next year? Are you playing the second half of a home-and-home with GSU, YSU and Northeastern State?

Hopefully not. Your schedule this year was crazy...

Husky Alum
December 8th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Well, we were supposed to go to GSU and have YSU come here and play at NDSU.

The NW State return game is for 07, I believe.

However, as a YSU fan said, YSU won't be coming to Boston in 06, so we haev an open date to fill.

I also heard (maybe it was on this board) that GSU is looking to push off our return there.

This year's schedule was suicide, but we only lost at NW State by 2, and lost in OT to GSU, so while the names were good, we hung tough in 2 of the 3.