PDA

View Full Version : Chambers transferring to I-AA.

Ronbo
December 3rd, 2005, 08:35 AM
He was recruited by Bobby Hauck (and likes him) at Washington so Montana would be the obvious choice but you never know till he actually shows up for classes. We need help at WR, we're very young there. This guy was Washington's top receiver in 2005 and was a PrepStar All American and Super Prep Dream Team Top 100 out of HS. Was a track star in HS and ran a 4.45 at the combines. Was considered Washington's deep threat. He'll be a Junior in 2006.

Bio (http://gohuskies.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/chambers_craig00.html)

Seattle PI (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/huskies/250702_husk03.html)

Scout.com (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=223380)

Rivals.com (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=7184)

bunny
December 5th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Just heard an interview with Chambers on Seattle sports radio KJR. He indicates that he wants a fresh start and that he will definitely transfer. There have been a lot of coaching changes, and Chambers wasn't able to get on the same page as the staff.

Montana and Montana State were mentioned, but Craig said that he has to get his release from UW before he can make a decision about where he'll go.

He said that he does still want to play big time football. The interviewer said that Montana is not a big time school. Chambers replied and said that he liked the tradition at Montana

grizband
December 5th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Just heard an interview with Chambers on Seattle sports radio KJR. He indicates that he wants a fresh start and that he will definitely transfer. There have been a lot of coaching changes, and Chambers wasn't able to get on the same page as the staff.

Montana and Montana State were mentioned, but Craig said that he has to get his release from UW before he can make a decision about where he'll go.

He said that he does still want to play big time football. The interviewer said that Montana is not a big time school. Chambers replied and said that he liked the tradition at Montana
I was really impressed to learn this. It means this kid has done at least a little research about us, and likes what he sees. If athletes start taking us more seriously, hopefully other members of the media will as well.

Hansel
December 6th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Anybody know how to contact him- I'd like to talk to him about Hampton.
Well that would be against NCAA rules, so it would be best if you didn't ;)

Ronbo
December 21st, 2005, 09:32 PM
The buzz around Seattle is that there will be a new I-AA passing combo. Swogger to Chambers. :hyped: :beerchug:

The bio above lists Chambers at 6'3". A Husky fan says he's grown 2 inches since he came to Washington and is a legit 6'5" now.

Tod
December 21st, 2005, 11:37 PM
I was really impressed to learn this. It means this kid has done at least a little research about us, and likes what he sees. If athletes start taking us more seriously, hopefully other members of the media will as well.

That goes for ALL of I-AA! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Tod
December 21st, 2005, 11:38 PM
The buzz around Seattle is that there will be a new I-AA passing combo. Swogger to Chambers. :hyped: :beerchug:

The bio above lists Chambers at 6'3". A Husky fan says he's grown 2 inches since he came to Washington and is a legit 6'5" now.

Is Swogger coming to Montana? Is that a done deal? I've seen it mentioned on AGS twice now, but could find nothing on montanagrizzlies.com.

SeattleGriz
December 22nd, 2005, 12:10 AM
Is Swogger coming to Montana? Is that a done deal? I've seen it mentioned on AGS twice now, but could find nothing on montanagrizzlies.com.

Yes sir he is. I even read the article in the GF Tribune.

Tod
December 22nd, 2005, 12:31 AM
Yes sir he is. I even read the article in the GF Tribune.

I just read it too. Good news. By the time he graduates, maybe Berquist will be ready to lead the Griz during his junior and senior seasons.

dirtbag
December 22nd, 2005, 08:54 AM

He's already used up his redshirt year, so he'd be stupid to transfer to a D-I program.

Enjoy, Griz...

Ronbo
December 22nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Chambers will be a Griz. Look for the article in the next few days from Bob Condotta at the Seattle Times. :xmas: