PDA

View Full Version : Its Official. YSU @ Penn State in 2006!

FlyYtown
December 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
The game will be on Saturday September 16, 2006... Game Time TBA with TV Coverage. Just wanted to post this to all the doubters saying they have LATech and I am posting some false rumors. Well it was on 33 and 21 at 11 saying its final.

The Penguins will make $350,000 off the game in Happy Valley.

igo4uni
December 2nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
The MAC will be proud of YSU.

peace

igo4uni

Cap'n Cat
December 2nd, 2005, 10:41 PM
The Penguins will make $350,000 off the game in Happy Valley.

PSU 98
YSU 0

ngineer
December 2nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Just remember, a 'respectable loss' doesn't count toward the playoffs... :rolleyes:

ASU Kep
December 2nd, 2005, 10:47 PM
People said ASU/LSU was going to be 98-0 as well. Were it not for a dropped pass and some kicking "problems" it would've gone down to the wire. Though it's a long time off, I wish you the best of luck, though both of my parents went to PSU and I grew up a fan (still am, but only because of ol' JoePa).

igo4uni
December 2nd, 2005, 10:47 PM
Just remember, a 'respectable loss' doesn't count toward the playoffs... :rolleyes:

Yep.....that is the truth.

peace

igo4uni

FlyYtown
December 2nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
So what; $350,000 is a lot of money for a program; more than most get in a game. And you play in one of the toughest enviroments in all of the USA in the Valley. I will be attending this game down I-80.

Anyone here anything on other teams interested or in talks with YSU to fill the other BYE?

igo4uni
December 2nd, 2005, 10:50 PM
Anyone here anything on other teams interested or in talks with YSU to fill the other BYE?

Insert any MAC team.

peace

igo4uni

FlyYtown
December 2nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Sounds good. Hey in our b-ball program which sucks; we well blew a 15 and 16 point 2nd half leads to Akron and Kent; the two best teams in the MAC. Our women beat OHIO.. Our baseball team does better than any other team in the nation vs. the MAC.....Yes its time!

Anyways I know they aren't looking at D2; is GSU Open or anyone?

putter
December 2nd, 2005, 11:13 PM
Lets hope the showing is a little better than the Pittsburgh game. Good luck.

FlyYtown
December 2nd, 2005, 11:19 PM
Lets hope the showing is a little better than the Pittsburgh game. Good luck.
That was 40K+.. This is 100K+... I don't care if its 60-0 or 31-29; I just want our guys to get the feel of the big place and learn to play disciplined..

Anyways since josh swogger is coming here from wash state at least we got some players who know how to play in a i-a stadium and game with irizarry from osu and others...

89Hen
December 2nd, 2005, 11:45 PM
So what; $350,000 is a lot of money for a program; more than most get in a game.
Probably not much more than YSU can make on a home game. :cool:

FlyYtown
December 2nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
Probably not much more than YSU can make on a home game. :cool:
Cheap Shot
Aside. 2000 vs. your Spiders...
We played in a high school stadium; you have no room to talk..

Chi Panther
December 2nd, 2005, 11:58 PM
But....when there is ZERO revenue from all other YSU sports.....the AD loves to have this game to support soccer/tennis/golf....etc.....

December 3rd, 2005, 12:00 AM
Cheap Shot
Aside. 2000 vs. your Spiders...
We played in a high school stadium; you have no room to talk..89Hen is a Delaware fan, just hanging with Richmond since his Hens are not in the dance...

Can't YSU make $350K at home?

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM
89Hen is a Delaware fan, just hanging with Richmond since his Hens are not in the dance...

Can't YSU make $350K at home?
17,500 fans X 20 bucks a ticket = 350,000,

and that doesnt' include parking concessions etc etc etc

FlyYtown
December 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM
I have no idea what they make a game but I know they get great concessions and merchandise purchases with tix.. I doubt we make $350k a game..

And again watch the cheap shops; we make money on basketball.. the other sports who really cares.. I like baseball too but only 100 people go to their games.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 12:07 AM
I have no idea what they make a game but I know they get great concessions and merchandise purchases with tix.. I doubt we make $350k a game..

And again watch the cheap shops; we make money on basketball.. the other sports who really cares.. I like baseball too but only 100 people go to their games.

It wasn't a cheap shot.....I was explaining UNI's policy....and I think really its a I-AA policy.....if you're not a private school.....

89Hen
December 3rd, 2005, 12:14 AM
Cheap Shot
Wasn't supposed to be a cheap shot, just an observation.

rabidsaluki
December 3rd, 2005, 12:38 AM
Well- That's two GFC teams butting heads with the Enourmous Eleven. We've got IU - Not exactly JoPa's Nittany Lions, but a Big 10 game nonetheless.

Our next three 1-A opponents

2006:IU Hoosiers
2007:Northern Illinois Huskies rematch
2008: Northwestern WildKitties :D I mean Wildcats

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2005, 12:57 AM
Congrats to the MAC's newest powerhouse.......don't forget to schedule a couple of D-2s to balance it off ;) .

At least you can make your plans now for Thanksgiving weekend 2006.

ChickenMan
December 3rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
I-AA's should have been playing Penn St a couple of years ago... the window of opportunity for the Gateway and other good I-AA's to beat JoePa has closed.

FlyYtown
December 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Congrats to the MAC's newest powerhouse.......don't forget to schedule a couple of D-2s to balance it off ;) .

At least you can make your plans now for Thanksgiving weekend 2006.
Call us a MAC Team but our roster will look like one and this add on will help us play as one too by getting killed.

I just think its so sweet we get to play in Happy Valley in 2006...... Horseshoe in 2007 and maybe we can get the Big House in 2007..

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 09:37 AM
Call us a MAC Team but our roster will look like one and this add on will help us play as one too by getting killed.

I just think its so sweet we get to play in Happy Valley in 2006...... Horseshoe in 2007 and maybe we can get the Big House in 2007..

That would be awesome....hope it gets done....

UNI had Iowa this year.....2 of the next 3 are at Iowa State......the other...Hatrzell is trying to get another regional I-A....ie Nebraska/Minnesota/Mizzou or Iowa again....

igo4uni
December 3rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=FlyYtown]...2 of the next 3 are at Iowa State..........

Wow, I didn't know the Iowa State Cyclowns still had a football program. :D :D :D :D :D

peace

igo4uni

FlyYtown
December 3rd, 2005, 09:42 AM
This year we had our choice of Wisconsin and PSU.. Well PSU is closer and its better and we get more $ and prepares us better for OSU....

Still no word on the other BYE.

ngineer
December 3rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
So what; $350,000 is a lot of money for a program; more than most get in a game. And you play in one of the toughest enviroments in all of the USA in the Valley. I will be attending this game down I-80.

My only point was that if you're sitting at 7-4 next year and, then, likely don't make the playoffs, there shouldn't be any whining...

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
I'm telling y'all.....ADs don't look just at the school thru I-AA goggles.....they have to look at the solvency of their Athletic Department as a whole.....

$350K is a BIG deal for the non-spectator sports.......

ysubigred
December 7th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Dec. 7, 2005
Football: Penguins to Take On Big Ten Champ Penn State in 2006
Youngstown -- The Youngstown State football team will play its first-ever game against an opponent from the Big Ten Conference next fall when the Penguins travel to State College, Pa., to take on Penn State. The Penguins and Nittany Lions will play at Beaver Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 16, both university athletic departments announced on Wednesday.
YSU Athletic Director Ron Strollo said playing against a perennial power and historic program like Penn State increases the national exposure for the entire University.
"This is a great opportunity for our school to play against one of the most prestigious institutions in the country when it comes to college football," Strollo said. "We are grateful for the chance to play Penn State, and I know everyone involved with our football family is excited as I am to compete against a school from the Big Ten on the gridiron for the first time."
Both schools had to do some schedule juggling to make the matchup possible.
The Nittany Lions were scheduled to play Louisiana Tech for that Saturday while YSU was scheduled to travel to Northeastern. However, Louisiana Tech opted out of the contest and the Penguins were able to reschedule the game against the Huskies in Boston for a future season.
Penn State is the Big Ten's automatic qualifier into this year's BCS following a 10-1 campaign, which included a 7-1 mark in conference play. The Nittany Lions are ranked third in the final ESPN/USA Today Coaches and The Associated Press Polls. PSU will play Florida State in the FedEx Orange Bowl on Jan. 3.
On 39 occasions, Youngstown State has played a Division I-A foe since moving to the Division I-AA ranks in 1981. YSU is 19-19-1 all-time against I-A schools and played its first-ever game against a member of the Big East Conference, Pittsburgh, this past season.
YSU is coming off an 8-3 campaign in which it was 5-2 in the Gateway Football Conference tying playoff semifinalist Northern Iowa and playoff quarterfinalist Southern Illinois for the league title. The only other loss in 2005 was at Pitt.
The remainder of the Penguins' 2006 season will be announced in the near future.

bandl
December 7th, 2005, 02:29 PM
The remainder of the Penguins' 2006 season will be announced in the near future....

....once it is determined if the Penguins have enough players alive and healthy (at least 2 working limbs) after their destruction against the Nitany Lions.

89Hen
December 7th, 2005, 02:34 PM
the Penguins were able to reschedule the game against the Huskies in Boston for a future season.
I'll believe it when I see it.

ysubigred
December 7th, 2005, 02:42 PM
....once it is determined if the Penguins have enough players alive and healthy (at least 2 working limbs) after their destruction against the Nitany Lions.

LMAO! Your right though.. :asswhip:

http://www.gopsusports.com/pressreleases/pressrelease.cfm?anncid=9144

Cap'n Cat
December 7th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Peein' on people's parades............is that ALL you DO?!?!????!???!?

http://hometown.aol.com/ecoria1978/images/dog%20peeing%20animation.gif

:rolleyes:

Maverick
December 7th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Cap'n,
What else can he do? He can't talk up his team for next year or talk about his team this year. This is the only option he has left. :beerchug: waa waa

bcrawf
December 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM
To make a Correction- UNI has Iowa State for the next 3 CONSECUTIVE years- 06,07,08.

Look out in 06- They will be coming off going down to Austin and Play Nebraska the next week- The Dreaded Sandwich Game!!

igo4uni
December 7th, 2005, 04:22 PM

http://hometown.aol.com/ecoria1978/images/dog%20peeing%20animation.gif

:rolleyes:

I have noticed this trend from our fine Delaware friend as well, Cap'n. He sure was quick to criticize me (and others) last week when we were peein' on the A-10 playoff parade. Even sent me a pm expressing his lack of approval for my posting of a few posts making fun of the A-10's playoff failure.

A-10aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

Shame, hen, shame. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

practice what you preach.

JBB
December 7th, 2005, 05:53 PM

I wish YSU would get on the NDSU schedule. I dont know when you open date is but if it worked out it would be a good home/home.

FlyYtown
December 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Our open date would be for a home game this year I do think so...

Ivytalk
December 7th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Kudos -- I guess -- for the scheduling coup. The spread will be at least 40.

89Hen
December 7th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Hypocrite. :cool:

89Hen
December 7th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I have noticed this trend from our fine Delaware friend as well, Cap'n. He sure was quick to criticize me (and others) last week when we were peein' on the A-10 playoff parade. Even sent me a pm expressing his lack of approval for my posting of a few posts making fun of the A-10's playoff failure.
I was the only one who defended you and my only criticism was for you to move it to the smack board. :nono:

What I posted was the truth about YSU. As far as I know, they seem to back out of deals with I-AA's at the drop of a hat, or at the phone call of a I-A. Only time will tell if I'm correct that they will not play the second half of the deal with NU.

igo4uni
December 7th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I was the only one who defended you and my only criticism was for you to move it to the smack board. :nono:

New rule for igo4uni: don't post on this fine board when drunk! :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Nothing but respect for you, 89. You are a good poster.

Husky Alum
December 8th, 2005, 06:02 PM
89 Hen...

I'm not sure what will happen first, YSU playing a game in Boston or NU's new stadium being built.

Neither will happen before 2009. ;)

NU now needs an OOC game - there's a rumor that we're negotiating a I-A for a decent payday (and LaTech does need a game that day).

Go...gate
December 8th, 2005, 08:43 PM
First 1-AA PSU has played in many a year - last two were Brown ('83) and William & Mary ('84). I wonder if this is a harbinger of other 1-A/1-AA matchups in the coming years.