PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Rankings/Polls Left

smallcollegefbfan
May 31st, 2009, 11:59 AM
So far we have Lindys, Athlon, Sporting News, and AGS.

I have TSN, Phil Steele, and the Coach's Poll as the ones left in the preseason. There are no other magazines or polls that are used in playoff selection, right? Just making sure we are only missing 3 and none of the other main ones are being forgotten.

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2009, 12:07 PM
Does Lindy's, Pete Steele and Athlon's get thrown into the mix as far as playoff selection goes? Or are they lumped in a category with Pete's Weekly at the end of the season? Does that Hansen guy do a preseason poll and is he in the playoff equation?

smallcollegefbfan
May 31st, 2009, 12:11 PM
Does Lindy's, Pete Steele and Athlon's get thrown into the mix as far as playoff selection goes? Or are they lumped in a category with Pete's Weekly at the end of the season? Does that Hansen guy do a preseason poll and is he in the playoff equation?

The mags aren't used in playoff selection because they don't do postseason polls. I don't even read Hansen or Pete's Poll so I have no clue if they do one or not and I am pretty sure they aren't used in playoff selection.

Syntax Error
May 31st, 2009, 12:14 PM
Playoff selection uses GPI and Sports Network for only the NEC Champ and only this year.

smallcollegefbfan
May 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Playoff selection uses GPI and Sports Network for only the NEC Champ and only this year.

Why won't TSN be used in playoff selection this year? That is news to me as I had not heard that.

Syntax Error
May 31st, 2009, 12:22 PM
Oops, the coaches poll is used too. Only last year and this year the three are being used for the bridge AQ.

smallcollegefbfan
May 31st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Oops, the coaches poll is used too. Only last year and this year the three are being used for the bridge AQ.

Oh okay. Thanks. I don't remember reading that so it is good to know. So many changes!

danefan
May 31st, 2009, 07:11 PM
And its a modified GPI that includes computer polls only. Doesn't double count the coaches and TSN and doesn't include the AGS poll as the full GPI does.