PDA

View Full Version : FCS Consolidated Preseason rankings

Syntax Error
May 31st, 2009, 07:00 AM
Saw this (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/05/29/2009-consolidated-fcs-preseason-rankings?blog=5) at CSN.

Tied at #1 Appalachian St. and Richmond
Tied at #3 N. Iowa and Villanova
Solid #5 Montana

BossEagle
May 31st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Cool thanks, AGS poll still seems to make most sense to me, ugh....i'm just ready for football

katstrapper
May 31st, 2009, 07:26 AM
Three Southland Conference schools in the poll.xthumbsupx Hopefully a sign of a strong conference this year. Tx State, C Arkansas and McNeese obviously getting the preseason attention, but there will be sleepers as usual in Sam Houston, NW State and Stephen F Austin. Could be a really crazy year in the Southland!!!

Syntax Error
May 31st, 2009, 07:40 AM
Could be a really crazy year in the Southland!!!Every year in the Southland is crazy!

Native
May 31st, 2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the info and the link, SE! xthumbsupx

danefan
June 2nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
FCSNow.com poll should be added to this list.

http://fcsnow.com/poll.aspx

Very respectable poll.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Saw this (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/05/29/2009-consolidated-fcs-preseason-rankings?blog=5) at CSN.

Tied at #1 Appalachian St. and Richmond
Tied at #3 N. Iowa and Villanova
Solid #5 Montana

Shouldn't Northern Arizona be listed in the consolidated poll? They were in one of the preseason top 25s.

TexasTerror
June 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Very respectable poll.

Unfortunately, no one knows much about FCS Now. I've sent PMs as had wideright82 to the individual that runs the site - trying to find out more about their site and the poll.

Their blog has nothing on Fordham - which is one of the bigger FCS stories off the offseason, if not the biggest...

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately, no one knows much about FCS Now. I've sent PMs as had wideright82 to the individual that runs the site - trying to find out more about their site and the poll.

Their blog has nothing on Fordham - which is one of the bigger FCS stories off the offseason, if not the biggest...

They replied to me when I sent one through their website but when I replied to that message I have not heard back. They seem to be pretty nice. Maybe they just don't want people to really know who they are and judge them based on their content and not their experience or who they are?

Native
June 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Shouldn't Northern Arizona be listed in the consolidated poll? They were in one of the preseason top 25s.

Northern Arizona lost a lot of really key players (QB Kriesen, RB Williams, PK Dehaze) without seeming to replace them.

Also, the Lumberjack defense, vaunted early in the season, turned out to be mediocre.

andy7171
June 11th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Delaware ...only 28!?! GF is going to be FURIOUS!

93henfan
June 11th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Delaware ...only 28!?! GF is going to be FURIOUS!

Too bad they didn't carry the consolidated list down into triple digits so we could see how Towson fared.

smallcollegefbfan
June 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Northern Arizona lost a lot of really key players (QB Kriesen, RB Williams, PK Dehaze) without seeming to replace them.

Also, the Lumberjack defense, vaunted early in the season, turned out to be mediocre.

I meant that they were ranked in one of the top 25 lists but not listed in the consolidated poll. I was asking if their omission was a mistake?

andy7171
June 11th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Too bad they didn't carry the consolidated list down into triple digits so we could see how Towson fared.

xrolleyesx

I'm not fishing for a response from you.
:D

WOCO
June 28th, 2009, 10:00 AM
lindy's has wofford unranked?

Syntax Error
June 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Shouldn't Northern Arizona be listed in the consolidated poll? They were in one of the preseason top 25s.They are tied with Grambling at #30.

smallcollegefbfan
June 28th, 2009, 10:03 PM
They are tied with Grambling at #30.

I thought they were suppose to be around there but they weren't listed when I looked before. Thanks for updating it!

Syntax Error
June 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I thought they were suppose to be around there but they weren't listed when I looked before. Thanks for updating it!I didn't update it. Did you? Did Phil Steele? :D

smallcollegefbfan
June 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I didn't update it. Did you? Did Phil Steele? :D

I didn't know you no longer run CSN? LOL. :)

Syntax Error
June 28th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I didn't know you no longer run CSN?Better pay attention instead of ASSuming.

smallcollegefbfan
June 28th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Better pay attention instead of assuming.

Uh huh.

smallcollegefbfan
June 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Better pay attention instead of ASSuming.

You are right. I think everyone on this board and others have assumed at one poitn or another and we should not do that.

Syntax Error
June 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Lol you are right. :)Remember back in the day with you

Blue Hen 53
July 20th, 2009, 03:06 PM
With Penn State transfer Pat Devlin at the helm, Delaware is a legitimate Top 10 team. QB was the missing ingredient last year.

Go Blue Hens!

SUUTbird
July 20th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Good luck to the blue hens yes Devlin was a huge pickup at QB. I do think however you guys should go back to the wing-t, very unique especially in todays offenses of college football.

jmufan999
July 27th, 2009, 03:15 PM
wow, i'd be thrilled with 8-3. thrilled. i don't think it's going to happen though. just feels like a 7-4 season, missing the playoffs to an 8-4 team from another conference.

BDKJMU
July 31st, 2009, 12:44 AM
wow, i'd be thrilled with 8-3. thrilled. i don't think it's going to happen though. just feels like a 7-4 season, missing the playoffs to an 8-4 team from another conference.

Come on 99, no one plays 12 games this season. xeyebrowx

ASU_Fanatic
August 5th, 2009, 08:45 PM
App State is gonna win it all and everyone knows it. We are loaded again and return almost every key component from last year the only guy that is leaving that will hurt is Pierre Banks.

Bettina90
August 5th, 2009, 09:38 PM
"We our loaded again".

I'm sure you are, I'm sure you are.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 6th, 2009, 02:57 AM
App State is gonna win it all and everyone knows it. We our loaded again and return almost every key component from last year the only guy that is leaving that will hurt is Pierre Banks.

Is ignorance taught in the schools over there, or just inbred? xeyebrowx

jmufan999
August 6th, 2009, 08:06 AM
App State is gonna win it all and everyone knows it. We are loaded again and return almost every key component from last year the only guy that is leaving that will hurt is Pierre Banks.

asu is definitely one of the favorites. not so sure that "everyone knows it", especially because richmond returns practically the entire team and they beat you down HARD in the playoffs.... at home. if the game had been close, it would be one thing. but it wasn't, it was a 20 point blowout. you have a good team but to say you'll cruise to a NC? i'm not so sure about that.

jmufan999
August 6th, 2009, 08:07 AM

and you also went 0-2 vs. the CAA last year.

ASU_Fanatic
August 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Yea and the two best teams in it.

wideright82
August 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM

actually the numbers 1 and 3 if you wanna be technical. xthumbsupx

StrikeJMU
August 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
actually the numbers 1 and 3 if you wanna be technical. xthumbsupx

by the way he spelled "are", I don't think he wants to get technical.

jmufan999
August 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Villanova was a better team than Richmond last year (beat them head to head also), I saw Nova play 2 games and Richmond play 3 games.

and Villanova was the #2 seed who lost to us in the playoffs.

regardless, the point is that whoever said "everyone knows [that app state will win the NC]" is pretty off-base. not that it matters, just saying.

crossfire07
August 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM

seems like I heard that same statement last year too.

APP93
August 28th, 2009, 10:24 AM
You couldn't have heard that same statement last year... Pierre Banks was still playing. Duh! Show the Appy's some love. Maybe the week after next when the Cowboys go riding up the mountain, you guys will understand why we plan on being in Chattanooga at Kidd Brewer-West in December collecting some more hardware. National Championships are ours to lose.