PDA

View Full Version : semi finals?

tarmac
December 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Don't want to look too far ahead but what decides who will play Friday vs Saturday in the semis. Trying to look at some possible work schdule conflicts.

Killsback
December 2nd, 2005, 06:21 PM
Upper Bracket plays Friday, lower bracket plays Saturday.

skinny_uncle
December 2nd, 2005, 08:53 PM
And the band Plays all night........
http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/pictures/gallery4/concert.jpg

siugrad99
December 2nd, 2005, 09:05 PM
Funny Stuff :) :hyped:

rcny46
December 2nd, 2005, 10:22 PM

I read something in the local press today which quoted a NCAA official as saying it was possible,should UNH be in the upper bracket semi,that they would move that game to Sat. at noon because of the lack of lights and the potential for cold weather.

Tribe4SF
December 2nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Maybe the cold would cause a change, but they can bring in temporary lights. Did it last year for the W&M/JMU semi.

It might be a toss-up whether it would be colder in Durham than in Boone.

Mr. C
December 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
Roachel Laney, our dear playoff committee chairman, told Ralph and I on Tuesday that it wasn't set in stone. They are putting together all of the scenarios to determine who goes in what spot. We'll probably know sometime on Saturday who will play on Friday and who will play on Saturday. For example, New Hampshire doesn't have lights. If UNH and ASU both win this weekend, it wouldn't be surprising to see UNH in the Saturday slot and ASU playing on Friday. Roachel said that they don't want to force a team from out west to play too early on Saturday either.

Saint3333
December 3rd, 2005, 08:25 AM
Whose dumb@ss idea was a Friday night game in the semi-finals much less the finals. I guess they don't want people to come to the games. Playing on Friday night makes me thank of high school football, that's not the image I'd like to be associated with, but that's what a large percentage of the nation see 1-AA as.

That said I hope I have the problem of getting to the games in the semi's and nooga. Headed to Boone, Give em hell Apps!