PDA

View Full Version : NC State Tailback Possibly Transferring

JMU Duke Dog
December 2nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/13198242.htm?source=rss&channel=charlotte_colleges

N.C. State tailback mulls transfer
Washington unhappy with lack of carries

Sophomore Bobby Washington, the odd man out among four Parade All-America tailbacks for N.C. State, is considering transferring after the season.

Washington's mother, Leslie Washington, said her son is unhappy with his lack of playing time, and will decide by the second week of December whether to transfer.

Bobby moved to safety last week in an effort to get more playing time. He had carried eight times for 34 yards, all against Eastern Kentucky.

"He's not getting the ball," Leslie Washington said. "That would have any young man interested in transferring."

Leslie and Bobby have talked to coach Chuck Amato about Bobby's options. Leslie said Amato encouraged Bobby to stay but agreed to release him from his scholarship if he wants to transfer to a school that isn't in the ACC or on N.C. State's schedule.

Amato said Washington won't play immediately at safety because he is still learning the position, but has a promising future there.

-Ken Tysiac

Any chances that Washington (who was at one point going to be a Miami Hurricane) would transfer to a I-AA school?

CatFan22
December 2nd, 2005, 06:46 PM
If he wants to play next year, yes.

JMU2004
December 2nd, 2005, 08:36 PM
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/13198242.htm?source=rss&channel=charlotte_colleges

Any chances that Washington (who was at one point going to be a Miami Hurricane) would transfer to a I-AA school?

Chris Hawkins transferred to JMU from NCSU and played a good ammount this year.....wonder if that will help the JMU case.

We are loaded next year at TB, but have unproven young guys for 2007.

AppGuy04
December 2nd, 2005, 09:35 PM

No way he goes I-AA

But if he does, go ahead and give him the Payton

Tod
December 3rd, 2005, 02:12 AM
No way he goes I-AA

But if he does, go ahead and give him the Payton

Ah, hell. Let's see if he can earn it. :rolleyes:

WCU LawCat
December 3rd, 2005, 03:45 PM
Well App Would not get him because Chuck will not release him to play for a team that is on the 06 Schedule. I'm sure WCU would be interested!

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Ah, hell. Let's see if he can earn it. :rolleyes:

agreed.....

JMU Duke Dog
December 3rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Bobby Washington could try for the Payton with run-happy JMU. From JMU's three-headed running monster, the Dukes lose Raymond Hines but return Alvin Banks and Maurice Fenner each for their senior year. The other runningbacks Wolf Jean-Pierre and Scotty McGee are redshirted this year and will be redshirt-freshman next year. There is also Antoinne Bolton who will be a redshirt-junior next year but will probably always be a backup. JMU is also not on NC State's schedule for the next several years but the Dukes will be making a trip to Duke and two trips to UNC.